Coal Equipment Operator Job Description Sample
Coal And Yard Equipment Operator Apprentice - 1St Six Months - AB Brown
Contact the local WorkOne office to register to take the WorkKeys Assessments for Vectren if you meet the job requirements as described.
Who we are
Vectren Corporation is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Ind. We provide energy delivery services to over 900,000 natural gas customers located in Indiana and west central Ohio and over 140,000 electric customers in southwestern Indiana. In our Energy Supply department, we manage electric production for our customers in Southern Indiana ensuring safe, reliable, and cost effective service to our customers. We are looking for diverse, talented colleagues interested in exceeding customer expectations and helping to continuously improve our processes to be an industry leader. We are not just looking for people to fill positions – let us help you build an energizing career!
Where we are
Evansville is the 3rd largest city in Indiana and lies within a 200-mile radius of four major metropolitan cities including Indianapolis, Nashville, Louisville and St. Louis. In 2017, Evansville was named America's Second Lowest Cost of Living! Located at A.B. Brown power plant, and just minutes from downtown Evansville or Mount Vernon, our plant provides an energizing and engaging atmosphere where you will love to come to work.
What you will be doing:
Maintain the coal stockpile, and load bulk limestone for use in the scrubber.
Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on conveyor systems, dust suppression activities and road snow removal.
Operate large coal handling and limestone equipment.
Perform light welding tasks and operate a backhoe and lift truck.
Ensure timely delivery of coal and keep the plant running full of coal.
Maintain equipment in a running state and in good order in an efficient and cost effective manner. Includes troubleshooting and emergency repair of a variety of equipment.
Remove scrubber waste.
Position involves working rotating shifts as well as scheduled and emergency call-out overtime work, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
What you bring:
Candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Candidates must possess basic computer skills
Strong mechanical aptitude
Must be able to work in cold and hot temperatures, noisy and dusty environments, at height, and be able to wear and use a respirator
Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, walk inclines, kneel, bend, crawl, stand, sit, lift and carry fifty pounds
Must be able to communicate effectively via phone and radio
Required to be available to work overtime
It would be awesome if you have:
- Experience in coal handling
What we bring to you
Professional growth and development programs including tuition reimbursement to help advance your knowledge, skills and even career
Career ladder opportunities and colleagues with a vast amount of knowledge and experience committed to your growth, development and success
Comprehensive health and wellness plans for you and your family
401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company contribution regardless of your contribution along with company match opportunities for additional savings
Paid holidays and paid time off
Competitive compensation including at risk incentive potential
We want you to know
We value talent, innovation and diversity and understand that our colleagues allow us the opportunity to deliver an exceptional customer experience. We achieve our goals through teamwork and conduct our business with integrity. Vectren Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Vectren shall abide by the requirements of Executive Order (E.O.) 11246, as amended, and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These laws and regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these laws and regulations require that covered federal contractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Heavy Equipment Operator - Bridger Coal Company -Point Of Rocks, WY #41772
Heavy Equipment Operator
Bridger Coal Company
Point of Rocks, WY #41772
Join Talent Community
View All Careers
Why Work Here?
Our Workplace and Our Industry
Search by Keyword
Search by Location
Join Talent Community
View All Careers
Why Work Here?
Our Workplace and Our Industry
Search by Keyword
Search by Location
Send me alerts every days alert frequency in every certain days
Join with LinkedIn
Share this Job
Heavy Equipment Operator
Bridger Coal Company
Point of Rocks, WY #41772 Apply now "
Apply with LinkedIn
Date: Oct 31, 2018
Location:Point of Rocks, WY, US, 82492
Responsible for safely and efficiently operating equipment - typically scraper, track dozer, grader and rubber-tired dozer in various materials (shot and unshot overburden and rock, spoil and topsoil). Inspects equipment before operating and insures that it is in safe, operable condition. Required to log accurately the information from equipment inspection and daily loading information (work area, loads, etc.). All work will be preformed in compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements and company policies for the mine to meet its budgeted goals in safety, cost, productivity and environmental requirements.
A high school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
One to three years of heavy equipment operation.
This position requires a post-offer, pre-placement physical to assure the candidate meets the physical demands of the job. The screening will assess only the identified physical demands of the job being applied for
Primary Location: Point of Rocks
Department: Rocky Mountain Power
Personnel Subarea: IBB
Hiring Range: 35.67
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation
At Bridger Coal Company, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is Bridger Coal Company's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, Bridger Coal Company is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.]
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Graphic Reproduction Equipment Operator
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Reprographics Equipment Operator in Houston, Texas. You will be responsible for operating reprographic equipment and related machinery to complete assignments ranging from producing forms, reading material, business documents, drawings, sales and marketing materials and many other document types.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required
Operate reprographic equipment and related machinery to complete assignments ranging from producing forms, reading material, business documents, drawings, sales and marketing materials and many other document types.
Perform ancillary processes to documents such as binding, laminating, mounting, assembling, collating, merging of covers, text, indices and related items as required to complete orders as requested
Skills / Qualifications
High school diploma or GED preferred
Understanding of basic math and the ability to read, write and comprehend written and verbal English
Good working knowledge of basic computer programs like Microsoft Office, especially as it pertains to printing documents
Knowledge of general office practices and procedures and an understanding of the organization related to the work
Ability to handle tasks simultaneously and to work effectively with interruptions
Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Grove City ,OH
send your resume to : email@example.com
· Operates equipment and machinery used for processes such as packaging, bindery, finishing and print production not requiring highly specialized training or certifications.
· May do setups, adjustments and cleanups.
· At higher levels may include equipment with multiple inline processes.
· Operates equipment in accordance with established procedures and safety guidelines.
· Reads and interprets work orders, blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery.
Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications, within quality guidelines and in a timely fashion
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Possesses knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
· Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
· Works under immediate supervision.
· Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
· Typically reports to a supervisor/manager.
Equipment Operator (Forklift)
Reports to: Operations Manager
Job Classification: Non-Exempt - Full Time
Asset LifeCycle Equipment Operator- Forklift will be responsible for receiving product, holding and staging product and packing and loading product into containers. The individual will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable policies and regulations. As a forklift operator this person will be accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the transportation and storage of product in the facility.
- Track all products and weights; including, but not limited to, product type.
- Conducts employee observations to ensure safety and productivity procedures are being followed.
- Understands, implements, and maintains safe work practices.
- Wears necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Perform routine inspections of the forklift and document and communicate safety or mechanical problems to Manager.
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationship with peers, leads and supervisors.
- Maintain a clean, professional and safe working environment.
- Manage space restrictions and move product appropriately.
- Provide suggestions to Lead/Supervisor for continuous improvement.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 to 5 years of bobcat/skid steer experience
- Basic data entry skills/computer skills
- Construction/Farm experience driving heavy equipment a plus.
- Good organizational skills and ability to follow instructions and receptive to learn new things
- Ability to load the shredder in feed belt by hand if needed.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, communicate with others and work in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and perform quality control
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend basic English
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Dependable, self-motivated with the ability to work in a team environment
- Safety conscious at all times
The physical demands described below are representative of those which must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Capable of talking/hearing.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds on a regular basis.
- Capable of climbing stairs and standing for eight (8) hours each day.
- Ability to lift, carry items and to reach, bend and stoop frequently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work at heights up to 20 feet in the air on a platform.
- No health or medical issues triggered by loud noises, shiny or bright material passing quickly.
- No issues with motion sickness.
ALC’s business hours are Monday through Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm CST. Some overtime may be required.
The majority of the work will be performed in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment which may be excessively warm in the summer months and cool in the winter months. The noise level is low to moderate. The dress code is casual which includes t-shirts and jeans.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT BY EMPLOYEE
The contents of this job description have been discussed with me and I have received a copy thereof. I understand that this document is general in nature and duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. It has been expressed to me that this document will be utilized during my training and all performance reviews and is instrumental in my success at ALC.
Asset LifeCycle LLC will conduct pre-employment background investigations and drug testing as a condition of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equipment Operator - 2Nd Shift
Receives, stores, recycles, ships, and transports warehoused goods and products by performing the following duties.
Description/Responsibilities Job Responsibilities
• Willing and able to perform all duties of position as required.
• Primary responsibilities (60% or more time in one or more of the following):
• Operates motorized equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, clamp, cherry-pickers, motorized pallet jack, etc. (certifications are required).
• Disassembles, reassembles, or repairs products, materials or equipment.
• Sorts, bales, weighs, loads and recycles materials based on customer specifications.
Qualifications/Skills Minimum Required Qualifications
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or GED and/or six months related experience preferred.
• Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Demonstrates ability to comply with YLA Core Competencies: Problem Solving & Decision Making, Accountability & Responsibility, Communication, Collaboration & Teamwork and Customer Focus.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
•Work cooperatively with others.
• Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
• Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
• Comply with all Company policies and procedures
Overtime required as allowed
Construction Equipment Operator
Under general supervision, this position performs tasks associated with the construction/upgrade of cable television or telephone systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to operate backhoe, plow and/or trencher
- Ability to provide basic service in equipment
- Ability to restore and landscape disturbed areas of the jobsite
- Ability to load materials
- Performs site set-up and clean-up
- Ability to clean vehicles, trailers, tools and equipment
- Ability to transport equipment (if CDL driver)
- Ability to safely and correctly direct multi-directional traffic with appropriate signage
- Ability to follow simple instructions
- Must have previous experience operating heavy equipment (backhoe, trencher, plow)
- Must have one to three years utility construction experience
- Must have ability to follow directions
- Must have the ability to operate manual and mechanical equipment necessary to complete jobs
- Must have or able to obtain knowledge of “safety systems” associated with trenching and/or drilling including set-up and emergency procedures
- The employee shall follow all safety rules at all times.
- The employee shall not engage in unsafe acts.
- The employee is expected to attend and participate in all safety meetings and training.
- The employee shall use all prescribed safety equipment that is required to safely do the job at hand.
- The employee shall report unsafe acts or conditions to his or her immediate Supervisor or Safety Personnel.
- The employee shall report any and all injuries, accidents and/or incidents immediately their immediate
- The employee shall be a safe worker on and off the job.
This position does not have supervisory duties.
ON-CALL AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
This position may require being on call. Employee will respond to emergency call between the hours of 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. This position may require weekend work, night work and/or overnight travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle and have a valid Class A drivers’ license.
Bottom line requirements:
1. Previous experience operating heavy equipment (backhoe, trencher, plow)?
2. 1 to 3 years of utility construction experience including drill head locating experience?
3. Valid Class A Driver’s License and ability to drive a manual transmission?
4. CDL? (preferred)
Golf Course Equipment Operator 3
Amelia Island Plantation Resort
At Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort guests can explore 3.5 miles of pristine beach and scenic marshlands whileenjoying luxurious oceanfront accommodations, world-class resort pools, championship golf, full-service spa, endless dining options and family-friendly activities.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort may be your perfect match.
Responsible for ensuring the golf course is well maintained and reflects an image of outstanding quality. The successful candidate must have working knowledge of all entry level golf course maintenance job tasks as well as the ability to operate most of the other maintenance equipment properly.
Working knowledge of all entry level job tasks as well as the ability to operate most all other equipment properly. Job task assignments will at times extend outside these parameters.
Demonstrate preparation for day's work by arriving in uniform and with a positive attitude.
Understand daily job assignment chart and how your assignment relates to that day;s play.
Recognize the various equipment applications so as to make the proper selection for that job assignment
Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the game of golf, its rules, and expected playing conditions.
Demonstrate the capability to function as a member of a team to accomplish established goals.
Carry out all golf course maintenance tasks with a sense of pride and ownership so as to adhere to established quality guidelines for daily course conditioning.
Inspect all tools and equipment prior to, during and after use. Operate all equipment safely and with care and consideration of its value. Report any damage and or lack of performance to a supervisor. Also demonstrate an understanding of the work order system for equipment repair and maintenance.
Have a thorough understanding of Omni Hotel rules and regulations as outlined in the Omni Hotels employee handbook.
Previous experience is preferred.
Must be able to work outdoors in various weather extremes
Must be able to operate and work around hazardous equipment including but not limited to hand tools, trimming tools, mowing equipment, transportation vehicles.
Must be able to work weekdays and weekends as necessary.
Heavy Equipment Operator
• Follow all safety procedures and wear appropriate PPE (hard hats, high-visibility clothing, steel toe boots, etc.)
• Ensure good communication and work closely with foreman, project managers and consultants to meet project specifications
• Provide detailed information on field work by submitting daily reports
• Complete accurate timesheets weekly and submitted on time
• Maintain all equipment and trucks in a clean and good working order
• Other duties as assigned
• 10 Hour OSHA General Construction Safety Training
• Valid Driver’s License and good driving record required
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
• Ability to work well with others
• Travel to remote sites
• 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training
• Landfill gas and leachate piping construction experience
• Petroleum Tank and piping installation experience
• Storm water pipe and structures installation experience
• HDPE pipe fusion experience
Heavy Equipment Operator Essential Functions:
• Operate heavy equipment (Excavators, Bulldozers, Skid Loaders, Backhoes, Haul Trucks, Rollers, etc.) in a wide range of project sites
Operator, heavy equipment, Excavators, Bulldozers, Skid Loaders, Backhoes, Haul Trucks, Rollers, landfill gas, leachate piping, Petroleum Tank, HDPE pipe
Fuel Equipment Operator
Fuel Equipment Operator
Westar Energy is an electric utility serving approximately 685,000 customers in Kansas. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Fuel Equipment Operator, Jeffrey Energy Center, rotating shift.
Shift schedules & rotation are subject to change. The wage rate is $34.88.
Fuel Equipment Operator- "shall be responsible for the operation and routine maintenance of the equipment necessary to move the coal from the stackout system to the storage piles. They shall also be responsible for reclaiming the coal from the storage areas when needed.
This crew shall also be available for any other coal handling as required. The fuel crew will also be responsible for stockpiling and reclaiming limestone for the AQCS. The responsibility for ash hauling and disposal at the on-site disposal area shall fall under the Fuel Crew.
This Crew, as a normal duty, shall perform the railroad track maintenance and maintain roads. During periods when their normal duties do not require their full time, they shall be responsible to the Maintenance Superintendent for performing maintenance work at the level of their capabilities. They shall not be upgraded for this work if their qualifications are not at the level of a journeyman mechanic."
Coal handling operations are 24 hour / 7 days a week operation. The FEO will receive & unload coal trains, move & condition the coal pile, use a variety of heavy equipment ranging from a Caterpillar 690 Tiger to a skid steer loader, operator the stacker / reclaimer, walk & inspect incline belts, complete light belt maintenance, and work on dust collecting equipment.
The Operator must complete detailed pre-checks & completion reports for every task. The FEO is responsible to safely and accurately facilitate the maintenance Lock-Out Tag-Out system.
The FEO must have the physical ability to work in a wide range of positions and conditions while wearing the proper personal protective equipment.
The work environment includes extreme temperatures, elevated & inclined surfaces, and/or confined spaces.
The successful applicant is subject to call outs and will be required to live within 50 minutes driving time of the Jeffrey Energy Center.
All applicants must successfully complete position-related aptitude POSS & MASS testing.
Additionally, all applicants must successfully complete demonstration testing on the four primary pieces of JEC fuel handling equipment; CAT track dozer, CAT 657E scraper, Front end loader & Motor grader.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
We provide an outstanding salary/benefits package with ongoing opportunity for professional growth and development. Qualified candidates must apply by going to our website (www.westarenergy.com). Please use the link for careers to complete the online application.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!