Coat Check Attendant (Seasonal) (Mgm National Harbor)
National Harbor, Maryland
It is the responsibility of the Coat Check Attendant to provide excellent customer service and create a safe and friendly environment for employees and guests while holding items for guests and ensuring items are kept safe in the Coat Check area. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Functions and Tasks
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for effective operation of the department
* Warmly greets and assists all guests in the Coat Check area.
* Maintains a clean, safe, organized working area.
* Communicates and assists guests with the coat check process.
* Receives guest items for holding such as coats, jackets, sweaters, backpacks, purses or any other personal belongings.
* Hangs and organizes guests' personal items.
* Returns coats and other personal items to guests in a friendly and efficient manner.
* Maintains all paperwork, including coat check tickets and receipts.
* Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to the property, directions and the local area while providing excellent guest service.
* Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
* Ensures the privacy and confidentiality of guests and limits requests for information pertaining to guests in accordance with hotel policies.
* Responds to and resolves guest complaints in a timely manner and creatively solves problems with the ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and resolve potential difficulties within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management.
* Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Previous experience in a similar role in the hospitality industry or environment.
* Bilingual abilities, English as the primary or secondary language.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* Gaming permit.
SECTION 3: COMPETENCIES & WORKING CONDITIONS
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction. This includes greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, building trust, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset, taking ownership of guest issues or problems and taking action to quickly resolve them, and caring about and valuing guests.
Communication: The ability to communicate information clearly and politely to coworkers, supervisors, and guests when speaking, writing, and reading English. This includes targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the needs of the receiver.
Listening: The ability to understand key pieces of spoken information, separating relevant from irrelevant information, and following verbal instructions and explanations. This includes listening attentively to spoken information to ensure that the intended message has been accurately received, holding responses until the person has finished making his/her point, and repeating information to ensure accuracy.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors. This includes being cooperative, approachable, and taking time to listen to and address others' questions or concerns; treating others with kindness, respect, and dignity; and expressing empathy and compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others.
Presentation: The ability and willingness to present oneself with proper grooming, hygiene, and dress. This includes wearing appropriate and clean clothing/uniform and shoes, wearing hair in a neat and clean condition, maintaining personal cleanliness, ensuring neat and clean appearance of own work area, and ensuring property facilities are litter free.
Detail Orientation: The ability to attend to and verify the accuracy and completeness of details in work activities. This includes focusing on the small details of work activities and taking the necessary time to ensure that all the details of completed work are correct and of high quality.
Multi-Tasking: The ability to process multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Initiative: The ability and willingness to take independent action and complete job tasks without being instructed to complete them. This includes the ability and willingness to recognize assignments or tasks that need to be completed, to seek out additional assignments or tasks, and to help others.
Coat Check: The ability and willingness to obtain a working knowledge of coat check procedures and liabilities.
Integrity and Company Policies Knowledge: The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and comply with all federal, state, and local laws and company policies, procedures, and regulations. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all sensitive and proprietary information and avoiding conflict of interest situations.
Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks including constant standing, walking, running, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and squatting.
Work Conditions: The ability to perform job activities in an environment where pipe, cigar, and cigarette smoking is permitted.
Dependability: The ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities and ensure that they are completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner. This includes being conscientious, committed, reliable, trustworthy, and accountable for completing work activities.
Following Policies and Procedures: The ability and willingness to learn and follow the company's policies, procedures, and regulations related to operations, guest relations, human resources, safety, security, and loss prevention.
Teamwork: The ability to participate as a committed member of a team. This includes cooperating and working well with other team members to accomplish goals and meet guest needs, being supportive of others, willingly helping others, objectively considering others' ideas and opinions, sharing information with others, adhering to team expectations and guidelines, giving proper credit to others, and fulfilling team responsibilities.
Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
POST JOBS FOR FREE