Coating Machine Feeder Job Description Sample
Coating Machine Operator
This is a position working on twelve (12) hour shifts on a 2-2-3 rotating schedule.
Day Shift: 5:45 a.m.- 6:15 p.m.
Night Shift: 5:45 p.m.- 6:16 a.m.
Please include cover letter stating your hourly pay requirementAND whether you can work day shift of night shift or are flexible.
Resumes received without cover letter including pay requirement may not be considered.
To operate production machines in order to achieve daily, weekly, monthly, and annual output targets.
Duties, Responsibilities & Authority:
· Operate a coating machine and produce the correctly coated ink ribbon.
· Operate production machines according to the appropriate “machine operator’s manual” under direction of the Group Leader and Technical staff.
· Perform product changeovers to the coating machine. Activities not limited to roll exchanges, roll cleaning, doctor blade exchanges, threading, filter changes, parts cleaning and material handling. Some activities requiring periods of physical exertion. Coordinating with maintenance, operation, management and others as necessary.
· Obtain a full knowledge of the mixing, coating and ink supply system in order to be proficient in troubleshooting basic equipment and process problems.
· Charge ink raw materials and organic solvents into an ink production device in a measured & controlled manner thus producing a coat-able solution per established specification.
· Lead in basic maintenance activities by having input and explanation to “what needs to be done”. Then assist as possible, making sure activities are scheduled and completed in a timely manner.
· Strongly participate in productivity improvement plans and cost reduction plans (Total Productive Maintenance activity). Investigate and analyze causes for defective product or production inefficacies.
· Perform Quality Control testing and judging product quality.
· - Verify the quality of the product with visual and machine inspections, reacting with machine inputs and adjustments as necessary to maintain product quality
· Visually inspect product for defects
· Assist in the training of other machine operators.
· Facilitate internal communication and working relationships within areas of responsibility
· Perform all duties in accordance with established safety rules and regulations.
Associate degree in technical field or high school diploma and a minimum of 2 years machine operating experience in a manufacturing environment
· Experience in chemicals mixing/blending operations preferred.
· Prior product manufacturing experience required.
· Operator must pass a physical exam and be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist and work in cramped spaces to thread machines. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, operate a roll cart with weight in excess of 500 pounds and must be able to occasionally work in confined spaces. Repetitive arm and shoulder motion when cleaning rolls.
· Must have the ability to interface and communicate effectively, write legibly and read/comprehend sufficiently to perform the duties required.
· Must be able to operate appropriate test equipment and react to the readings generated or displayed on monitors, gauges, panels or sensors. Must be able to use and read instruments including micrometers, microscope, light table, hand tools and other specialized equipment used in Print Media coating.
· Perform mathematical calculations including percentages, multiplication and division.
· Operate a personal computer (PC) and software relevant to the job.
· Must be able to work in close proximity with organic solvents and able to wear air-purifying respiratory protection equipment as needed.
· Must be able to work in a team based, high stress production environment.
· Must have adequate vision to inspect product for small defects and take appropriate corrective actions.
· Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time and prioritize appropriately
· Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
· Quality Assurance: 1 year
· 24/7 Manufacturing Environment: 2 years
· Machine Operator: 2 years
· Mixing/Blending Chemicals in a "Clean" Environment: 1 year
· Meet All Requirements of the Job (As Stated Above): 1 year
· Willingness to Work Night Shifts: 1 year
· Ability to Pass a Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Please include cover letter stating your hourly pay requirement AND whether you can work day shift of night shift or are flexible.
Resumes received without cover letter including hourly pay requirement may not be considered.
Machine Operator - SMT Feeder - 2Nd Shift
Located in Perry, OH
Our client in Perry, OH needs a 1st and 2nd shift machine operators to operate Surface Mount Technology machines and Automatic Optical Inspectors. Strong attention to detail, great attitude, great attendance and a willingness to learn are musts. Fantastic benefits and a great work environment make this a stellar opportunity.
- Training will be first shift, but this is a second shift position.
- 9 paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Stock Options
- Pay $10.50/hour on day shift and $10.90/hour on second shift.
There is huge growth potential at this company for the detail oriented person who is willing to learn. You will operate an Automatic Optical Inspection machine and then inspect parts using X-Rays and Scopes.
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com . Feeder Operator - Holland, MI 13 West Fourth St Holland, Michigan, 49423 United States
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
:·Clears machine before and after each run and picks up and destroys all foreign material.Empties all waste receptacles located within the blue line area. ·Reviews job ticket and selects the proper type and quantity of paper.Loads and unloads paper.Inspects paper for defects or damage. ·Obtains proper ink from ink room and fills ink fountains.Maintains proper levels of ink at all times. ·Mixes water fountain solution and sets up dampening system.Maintains proper levels of water.Checks PH balance and conductivity reading of water. ·Sets up and operates the mechanical press feeder. ·Assists the press operator in the mounting of plates, blankets, and packing. ·Moves loads of printed and unprinted stock when necessary. ·Performs routine adjustments during the press run. ·Performs housekeeping duties as directed.Keeps sufficient supply of chemicals and clean rags at the press. Responsible for keeping the press area clean at all times. ·Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for each job. ·Marks up printed sheet for coating knockouts.Checks the sheet against the mylar. ·Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules. ·Performs other job duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS:Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.Must pass basic reading test.Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.Must pass color vision test.Must pass color hue test.Must be able to obtain a forklift truck license.Must be able to maintain good attendance.Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. ·Clears machine before and after each run and picks up and destroys all foreign material.Empties all waste receptacles located within the blue line area.·Reviews job ticket and selects the proper type and quantity of paper.Loads and unloads paper.Inspects paper for defects or damage.·Obtains proper ink from ink room and fills ink fountains.Maintains proper levels of ink at all times.·Mixes water fountain solution and sets up dampening system.Maintains proper levels of water.Checks PH balance and conductivity reading of water.·Sets up and operates the mechanical press feeder.·Assists the press operator in the mounting of plates, blankets, and packing.·Moves loads of printed and unprinted stock when necessary.·Performs routine adjustments during the press run.·Performs housekeeping duties as directed.Keeps sufficient supply of chemicals and clean rags at the press. Responsible for keeping the press area clean at all times.·Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all ISO forms and quality checks for each job.·Marks up printed sheet for coating knockouts.Checks the sheet against the mylar.·Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.·Performs other job duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.Must pass basic reading test.Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.Must pass color vision test.Must pass color hue test.Must be able to obtain a forklift truck license.Must be able to maintain good attendance.Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. #MI WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Expert Staffing in partnership with Boutwell, Owens and Co., located in Fitchburg, MA is currently looking to hire a Feeder. As one of the premier independent North American designers and manufacturers of printed paperboard packaging solutions, Boutwell Owens and Co. is looking to add TOP TALENT to their team. These positions are 12 hour shifts (you get 3 ½ days off every week unless working overtime) and are TEMP to HIRE.
This position will retrieve, inspect, stack and load specified paperboard into offset printing machinery, monitor and adjust feeder unit attachments, and assist co-workers in performing the manual tasks on and around machinery in the Printing Department. Ability to use Hand trucks, tape measures, skid aerator/turning machinery, hand tools.
The ideal candidate will have experience in an offset printing process, converting process, or graphic arts technical school. Otherwise, six-month previous experience working on or around moving machinery is required. Willing to train attentive, strong willingness to learn candidates.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the correct paperboard type, in the specified quantity, is cleaned, correctly oriented and fed through the printing process in a manner that maximizes machine capacity. Removing damaged sheets from pallets of paperboard before feeding them through the printing press. Determining if the proper amount of sheets have been supplied, documenting the amount supplied and initiating actions to obtain more paperboard of the specified type when the supplied amount does not agree with the required amount.
High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, Accurate color discrimination, The ability to read and write English, The ability to perform simple arithmetic computations, (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division), including comfort working with fraction and decimals, is required. Computer competency is preferred.
Are you looking for a job with EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS? LOOK NO MORE!
Highlighted below is a small snapshot of Employee Benefits upon being hired:
*Majority Paid Health & Dental Insurance *100% Paid Life & Short-Term Disability Insurance
*Supplemental Life Insurance * Tax Saving Flexible Spending Accounts
*Discounted Health Club Memberships *401K Plan
*Profit Sharing * Tuition Reimbursement
*Two Weeks Paid Vacation per year *9 Paid Holidays per year
Is PRODUCTION and ATTENDANCE important to you? Take a look at the additional incentives offered to all permanent employees.
*Quarterly Production Bonus
*Perfect Attendance Bonuses - $100 for each year of perfect attendance — up to a maximum of $1,500
Apply TODAY at:
40 Spruce St. Suite 206
Leominster, MA 01453
Headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts, we handle national talent placements across the U.S. with offices on the East and West coast. Our key relationships with top employers in a variety of industries means we can find you an opportunity that matches your skills and career goals. From entry level to high-level executive placement, we can help you find the career of your dreams.
Adhesive Coating Press Operator (Plastics & Hot-Melt Adhesives)
PLITEK L.L.C. is looking to fill an immediate position as a Adhesive Coating Press Operator. This important position requires a self starter, quality minded, and responsible individual. Knowledge in Flexo Printing Presses and/or Adhesive Coating machinery, press set-up, and process improvements is a must.
The candidate will be responsible for setting blades, completing process runs & documentation, and problem solving. Primarily coating adhesive backed films/ single-color flexo printing.
Machine operating skills: Resin, Film, Adhesive, Foam, Foil, and Lamination Slitting (preferably on Printing Press, Dusenbery Slitting press, American Kuhne Extruders)
First Shift, and 2nd Shift positions are available:
- Machine operating experience, training, or education is required.
- Creative problem solving skills and demonstrates a willingness to learn.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of using measuring systems.
- Strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to perform basic math
- High School Diploma and/or GED
- Must have the ability to read, speak, and write in English.
- The job requires lifting up to 50 lbs
- Must have 2+ years of machine operation experience
A Manufacturing company in Saint Petersburg, is in need of a Coating Operator to start ASAP! You MUST be ok with working ALL shifts!
Please Call Clare at 727-385-3426 to set up an interview!
Responsible for the operation of coating and laminating machinery for the production of product conforming to defined quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform work in a safe fashion and adhere to all safety policies and practices.
- Basic trouble shooting of the process in order to eliminate defects.
- Knowledgeable and capable of assessing the product and fitness for use.
- Basic understanding of laminating process and curl control.
- Responsible for the execution of Shop Orders provided through the production Schedule.
- Responsible for properly loading the correct material in the required fashion onto the Coating and Laminating machinery.
- Set up of the Coater-Laminator per the specification for the specific product.
- Inspection of raw and WIP materials prior to loading of rolls on machine.
- Mounting and removal of master rolls from un-winders and winders.
- Set up and operation of the pumping and filtering system.
- Clean up and set up for various products, understanding of requirements and processes.
- Inspection and testing of materials for conformance to requirements and specifications.
- Performing and Recording the results of all required quality and product testing.
- Documenting of machine conditions, product roll quality, and productivity.
- Defect identification, flagging, and recording.
- Transactions for inventory and production reporting on the MAX system.
- Perform start of shift product checklist.
- Perform start of shift safety and environmental checklist.
- Working knowledge of HAZCOM and Hazardous Waste operations.
- Adherence to all rules and regulations for the handling of hazardous waste and chemicals.
- Working Knowledge of ISO practices and procedures.
- Basic understanding of coating process and weight control and uniformity.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean up of work area and machinery and uses 5S principles.
- Direction of the helper to assist as required.
- Other work as assigned by supervision.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0-1 years related experience
- Basic computer operations
- Attend company provided annual safety training.
- Complete company provided on-line basic computer training and Excel courses
- Willing to complete other training as requested
- Must be able to qualify to wear a cartridge respirator.
Zoo Printing is one of the largest trade printing companies in the United States. We currently have an opening for an experienced Press Feeder, any shift.
If you have experience as a Press Feeder on a 40” Printing Press, Zoo Printing is the company for you. Apply Today! The Press Feeder is responsible for general machine maintenance, assisting the Press Operator and staging paper for a 40" press.
General machine maintenance Assist press operator Staging of paper
3-5 years related experience Ability to operate Komori 40” press a plus Lift 35+ lbs. Stand for full 8+ hour shift Communicate effectively in English language Organization skills General safety awareness Problem solving and decision-making skills Excellent attention to details Join us and start making money today! Req No.: 2017-1268 External Company Name: PrintBuyer LLC External Company URL: www.zooprinting.com
Large Format Sheetfed Press Feeder - 2Nd Shift
Tempt™ In-Store Productions is a Quad/Graphics company that produces in-store signage, point of purchase displays and large-format graphics. We put our retail expertise, creativity and world-class printing and finishing capabilities to work for our customers. We also integrate other Quad/Graphics solutions to help our customers develop multichannel campaigns that capture attention and drive sales.
Sheetfed Press Feeder
A leading global provider of print and media solutions, Quad/Graphics is powered by a passion for innovation and the most advanced platform in the industry. Our collaborative team of “can-do” people continually challenge the status quo, creating groundbreaking solutions that push the boundaries of communications.
Assist head pressman hanging plates, washing blankets; fill inks and fountain etch; keep area around press clean and organized; setup sheet feeder for new jobs; be able to lift 40 pounds repeatedly.
Heidleberg XL102 and 105 experience preferred, but not required.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!