Coating Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Coating Machine Operator 3Rd Shift
Position: Technician 3rd shift
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) is a leading high-tech industrial group specializing in machine and plant engineering. The Company is a provider of innovative industrial solutions and cutting-edge technologies for textile manufacturing, drive, vacuum, coating, and advanced nanotechnology. A Swiss company with a tradition going back over 100 years, Oerlikon is a global player with around 12,700 employees at around 160 locations in 34 countries and sales of CHF 2.9 billion in 2012. The Company invested CHF 106 million in R&D, in 2012, with over 1000 specialists working on future products and services. In most areas, the operative businesses rank either first or second in their respective global markets. If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application. Visit our Career Page at www.oerlikon.com
This person will be responsible for the set up and monitoring of the Coating Machines. The Main responsibility is to prepare the coating system, load, unload the chamber, change the magnetic systems and input process parameters in the operator screen. This Individual will pre-treat a variety of customer products using standardized methods to prepare products for coating. Person will use analytical thinking and a high-degree of creativity to oversee and assemble chamber loads based on customer specifications. As part of his/her regular responsibilities, this person will make critical processing decisions, to initiate the coating process as well as be responsible for disassembling and reconfiguring the chamber for subsequent loads.
Essential Duties and
- Perform daily changeover maintenance of pre/post treatment equipment
- Optimize the daily use of production equipment
- Follow standard procedures and interpret customer work instructions
- Work with Quality Coordinator and Center Manager to identify and address quality concerns
- Providing training and assistance to other employees on equipment operation and maintenance
- Learn new skills and Cross-train into various departments
- Operating and maintaining coating equipment according to specifications
- Minimizing equipment downtime through preventative maintenance procedures
- Learning fixturing and defixturing techniques
- Maintaining and updating equipment records
- Assisting with quality assurance and other technical matters as required
- Performing other duties as required to assure customer satisfaction
Minimum Qualifications Required (Education/Skills/Experience):
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years of previous experience in HVAC, carpentry, automotive/industrial equipment repair, or construction preferred
- Knowledge of cutting tools (e.g., drills, etc.)
- Previous experience with coating techniques, blasting, or plating strongly desired
- Individual must have strong work ethic, be detail-oriented, and creative
- Must be comfortable working with hands and be able to lift 30lbs
Robotic Conformal Coating Machine Operator
Specialized Coating Services, the industry leader in conformal coating & potting (encapsulation) services is expanding! Our newest, state-of-the-industry facility is located in Billerica, MA and we need great people to staff it and help us grow. We are hiring for multiple positions, so look at all of our listings. To find out more about Specialized Coating Services, please visit our website at www.speccoat.com.
As a Robotic Coating Machine Operator, you will operate and maintain various types of liquid robotic dispensing equipment. Your attention to detail will help your team meet daily shipment goals and even exceed customer expectations. If you have the aptitude and drive, you will also learn how to program the equipment. The right person has the opportunity to become a lead, supervisor or Process Engineer.
Experience in operating and maintaining and/or programming SMT equipment or CNC machines is a definite plus as is experience with Asymtek, Nordson or PVA dispensing equipment. We will, however, train the right candidate.
Previous experience in conformal coating, whether manual spray or robotic, is definitely a plus! Experience in a manufacturing environment, especially electronics contract manufacturing, is helpful. Experience in using electronic work instructions; updating job travelers electronically, and bar code scanning is very helpful.
Computer literacy (Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel) is required as well as the ability to locate and open document files and upload pictures.
$20.00 - $25.00/Hour Depending on Experience
Must be US citizen or have permament resident alien status. We do E-Verify.
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. An AA degree, certificate in a related field or some college are all definite pluses.
Must read, write and speak English fluently.
Must be punctual and maintain an excellent attendance record.
Must be available to work overtime as needed.
2Nd Shift Machine Operator - Solid Dosage Coating
Job Summary Responsible for breaking-down, cleaning, tooling, setting up, preparing solution for, running, and monitoring Tablet coating machines such that all quality and/or customer specifications are achieved in an effective and efficient manner in EITHER the batch coating OR continuous coating area.The hours of this position are 2pm-10:15pm. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Prepare coating equipment for use, to include:
Following SOPs, clean all coating equipment and rooms.
Get next scheduled product from operation specialist.
Gather all necessary paperwork to manufacture the next scheduled lot.
Prepare solutions for use in the coating process.
Verify product (solution and cores) for use in the manufacture of each production lot.
Apply coating solution to tablet cores, to include:
Load and unload tablet cores in the coating process.
Follow the batch record instructions to apply the coating solution.
Document all processing steps in the batch record.
Monitor and chart coating process per SOP.
Make adjustments as necessary to keep all parameters in specification.
Reconcile the final bulk product.
Other duties as assigned.
Support training of new operators.
Overtime as required.
Knowledge and compliance of company policies and SOP's.
Knowledge and understanding of all of the cGMP's relating to this position. Job Specifications Minimum
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must complete the operator certification program within 6 months. Preferred
Previous nutraceutical or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience. Skills and Abilities
Good math and reading skills.
The ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
Accuracy and attention to detail required.
Some mechanic ability helpful.
Ability to obtain license for and operate forklift equipment. Supervisory Responsibilities
N/A Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
Must be able to lift and maneuver weights up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to work in a dusty environment with a wide range of raw materials.
Must wear personal protection equipment as required by batch record and SOP's, which may include: dust masks, gloves, goggles, and hearing protection.
Coating Operator - Bldg 5
Company Description About Avery Dennison Corporation: Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com . Job Description As a Coating Operator you will be assigned to work on a coating line and may work in one or more work stations including the face unwind, liner unwind, die, main console/winder, and quality lab. You may be proficient on more than one coating asset in a given location. You will be responsible for leading machine set ups and changeovers, problem-solving, coordinating PM's, making decisions on machine adjustments. You will work a 12 hour night shift on a 2-2-3 schedule. In this important role you will also be responsible for:
Load raw material into machine and unload finished product.
Determine and control the machine cycle varying and modifying as necessary.
Perform tests and check product routinely for multiple characteristics using standard measuring devices and making some judgments against not readily measurable standards.
Meet production schedules and program production sequences for optimal productivity.
Follow standard operating procedures and specifications or instructions of higher level technical personnel and monitor meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures, pressures, and related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to production/process specifications.
Maintain production records and logs of equipment and product performance.
Follow all health, safety, and housekeeping procedures, policies and practices and consistently work in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
Support safety, quality, and continuous improvement initiatives.
Teamwork: Assist and support other team members in meeting department and site goals. Participate and share in performing all tasks necessary to run the facility. Contribute and participate in team decision making. Provide support in project work and other special requests.
Perform all other functions as necessary. Qualifications Qualifications What we will be looking for in you: Essential:
Previous manufacturing experience preferred
You will regard safety as a core value; serve as role model for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and procedures.
You will need to have strong service and quality focus; address issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand root cause, then communicate / education team in a timely manner.
You will need be able and willing to work overtime, including short-notice requests.
You will be required show proficiency with computer applications Education:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional Information All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Coating Line In-Feed Operator
We are seeking a Coating Line In-feed Operator to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
Purpose of position:
- Operating the in-feed coating line machinery at maximum efficiency by maintaining a continuous flow of clean and prepared rebar through the blasting machine while maintaining a proper working mix and maintaining all CRSI requirements.
- Generating the highest quality and product and performing general preventative maintenance, based on safety and best practices in the steel/rebar service industry.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by increasing product quality through validation of machine efficiency and finished product accuracy.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance of the equipment and record grit usage to ensure maximum productivity
- Ensure a safe work environment through best practices, including promoting all company safety policies, OSHA guidelines, and participating in lean concepts
- Manage assigned paperwork in regards to process control and quality control
- Efficient set up and operation of steel/rebar blasting machinery through challenging the capabilities of the machine by ensuring raw material is flowing into blasting at all times
- Monitor condition and cleanliness of material upon exit of blasting machine
- Follow all CRSI requirements and company SOP's
- Lift up to 60 lbs.
- High School or GED preferred
- Previous warehouse and coating line experience preferred
- Must be able to read write and communicate effectively
- Must be able to read to follow production directions and document work activities performed
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Coating Operator II
Coating Operator is responsible for safely operating the coating equipment and to ensure coating operations are completed in adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and maintaining 100% cGMP & compliance. *Essential Functions:
Performs batch record completion to 100 % accuracy, online and provides to next department/ Q.A. audit on time.
Checks coating nozzles/piping/air pressure and temperature recorder in/out before start of the batch.
Observes machine gauges and equipment calibration status and reports any deviations to Coating Supervisor.
Responsible for proper data entry in all coating use log books; in-process check control during coating process.
Cleans and organizes coating room; checks and verifies weight of tablets received from Compression; reports deviation.
Responsible for rejected tablets and powder waste disposal to disposal area. Additional
High School or GED 3 years in Pharmaceuticals manufacturing experience may be substituted
- Required * - Experience: * relevant of exp.
- High school level math and mechanical skills.
- Required to read, write and communicate in English. - * Flexible to work extended hours when required. - * Ability to work as part of a team. - * Attention to detail and accuracy. - *Specialized
Title:Coating Operator II
2-4 years of experience of thin film coating in a manufacturing environment. Good analytical and math skills needed as well as technical comprehension.
Perform thin film coatings on components
Loads and operates vacuum coating chambers
Operate Metrology tools for characterization of Thin Films
Conducts repair and maintenance on coating tools, shields and chambers
Maintains all production, process, quality and equipment records
Promotes and maintain good housekeeping and safety practices
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong experience running thin film deposition systems
Experience with IAD sources and repair/rebuild
Strong analytical skills, utilizing effective trouble shooting and problem solving techniques
Strong experience maintaining and repairing coating equipment
Excellent verbal and written communications skills with co-workers, customers and suppliers
? Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Coil Coating Operator
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, the Operator operates plant machinery in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Un-package the coil staged for procession after verifying the accuracy of gauge/width and customer through the review of the job traveler.
- Inspect for damage from handling/shipping noting either or both and informing the line supervisor.
- Examine the coil for defects
- Ability to drive and operate a forklift safely
- Maintain and keep all rolls on the entry end clean and free of debris by wiping and checking for anything that could cause a possible defect before and during each run.
- Notify Line Supervisor and or maintenance for issues or problems that are out of your control.
- High School Diploma
- Proficient in reading and writing
- Basic math and ability to use a calculator
- Experience preferred but not required
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Forklift Experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Capable of lifting at least 50lbs.
- Manufacturing plant environment
- Large machinery with moving parts as well as forklift traffic and material storage.
Great long-term career opportunity to work with a growing company based in Oconomowoc. Vorteq Coil Finishers is the leading provider of painted product for gutters, downspouts, soffit, and other building products. Employees have the opportunity for career advancement and job security in a clean manufacturing environment that promotes teamwork and safety and has a generous compensation package.
Vorteq Coil Finishers LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Vorteq Vision is to emerge as an industry leader by leveraging the deep breadth of experience the organization now has at key leadership positions. Visionary leadership combined with committed ownership are the firm foundation that will support a disciplined growth strategy into the future. We value customer feedback as a guidepost for an investment strategy that supports changing market needs and differentiates the Vorteq experience from other coil coaters. Vorteq is significant in scale but aggressive about our culture of connectivity. We are connected to the business of our customers and invested in our shared success. Our team is always accessible, approachable and will roll up our sleeves to do it right.
Anti-Reflective Coating Lead / AR Operator / AR Technician
We are hiring 2nd shift 4 pm - 12:00 am at our Berea Ohio location. If you have machine operation experience you may have an opportunity to start out at a higher pay rate. Interviews will start immediately at our Parma office location.
Title: AR Technician Department:
ARReports To: AR Supervisor
strong> Location: Cleveland
Prepared By: Human Resources Dept. Status: Full Time – Hourly
Prepares lenses for AR Coating.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspection, sorting, washing, and prepping lenses for AR coating.
- Setting up lenses into domes, setting domes into AR machine.
- Machine maintenance, including cleaning and scrubbing of exterior machine parts. Cleaning and scrubbing inside of the machine.
- Prepping machine parts for maintenance
- Handling corrosive/flammable materials daily
- Light record keeping on machine maintenance
- Maintain cleanliness of the lab
- Perform duties as requested by Lab Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED
- None required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able and willing to work as a team
- Must be able to work overtime and Saturdays when needed
- Able to read and write English language well
- Basic math skills
- Good hand to eye coordination
- Work without supervision
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. During maintenance, employee required to squat, stretch, twist, bend, and be able to work inside the tight areas.
- Basic understanding of the Injury and Illness Prevention Program and the Hazard Communication Program
- Closed toe shoe required with heel support
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must wear safety glasses, gloves and/or finger cuffs as required by the task.
ance Tech Lead Department: 2D - Hi-Vision
Reports To: AR Manager Location: Cleveland Facility
Prepared By: Human Resources Status: Full Time – Hourly
Perform installation, maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, physical structures, piping and electrical systems as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
· Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to deduce malfunction.
· Discuss machine operation variations with supervisors, other maintenance personnel, or engineering to diagnose problems or determine machine repairs.
· Equipment setup and calibration.
· Perform Equipment Preventive Maintenance
· Install new equipment or replacement parts.
· Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
· Install and repair electrical apparatus such as transformers, sensors, boards, and wiring.
· Layout, assemble, install/maintain pipe system and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
· Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
· Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
· Install, repair and/or program automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
· Obtain and provide contractor estimates as needed and schedule contractor work.
· Locate the sourcing and ordering of parts and supplies (mechanical/electrical housekeeping)
· Maintain building & machinery logbooks.
· Overall building safety needs.
· Assist in maintenance and disposal of Hazardous Waste Materials.
· Strictly follows SOPs and safety guidelines when performing any task on equipment
· Troubleshoots equipment
· Maintains work stations, equipment, equipment areas, and tools neatly organized and clean
· All other duties as assigned.
· Receives new part inventory and consumables, and put them in correct inventory location
· Assists to maintain appropriate inventory levels of spare parts
· Assists with some building maintenance as required
· Associate Degree or one year certification from college or technical.
· Two years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
· Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance techniques and practices
· Ability to work with Computer/Electrical Controlled equipment
· Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Ability to read technical documents and manuals and extract information for required repairs of equipment
· Ability to maintain quality and safety standards
· Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
· Respond to emergencies as required; coordinate activities with other responders; identify and coordinate resources to effectively repair and ensure the safety of the facility
· Knowledge of safety equipment and practices related to the work, including the handling of hazardous chemicals and lock-out/tag-out procedures
· Able and willing to work as a team
· Must be able to work Overtime, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays as needed
· Must be able to maintain work area clean and tools organized
· Work without supervision
· Able and willing to work as a team
· Basic Math
· Able to read and write English Language well
· Able to memorize large amounts of data accurately
· Computer skills (Windows, MS Office)
· Problem solving skills
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to use ladders, or stools to reach high on shelves. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
· Basic understanding of the Injury and Illness Prevention Program and the Hazard Communication Program
· Follow of Safety guidelines, procedures, and requirements when working on equipment
· Closed toe shoe required
· Must use proper ergonomics when lifting
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Tablet Coating Operator
Tablet Coating Machine Operator is needed for a growing pharmaceutical company
1. Pharmaceutical experience
2. Clean and/or disassemble the Coating Machine and its parts
3. Maintain the machine in good working order
4. Document, log, and accurate paperwork
5. Follow company policy
6. Lift and/or move 50 pounds, occasionally may need to lift up to 75 pounds
7. Speak English and pass an English comprehension exam
8. Pass random Drug and Alcohol screening and background check.
9. Minimum of 6 months’ work experience with dependable work record and clean driver’s license
F/T job Direct Hire Position
2nd shift 3:15pm-11:45pm
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!