Machine Operator I
United States of America
HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
The Machine Operator performs varying tasks depending on his or her primary department. In B-7, the cord fabrication department operates under close supervision of the area Supervisor and/or Group Leader. In B4, the laser operator operates under close supervision of the area Supervisor and/or Group Leader. The cord fabricator primarily utilizes mills, swaggers, extruder's, CNC equipment and measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers and scales; and dismantling and cleaning of all tools and equipment used. The laser operator primarily utilizes laser markers, laser welders, CNC equipment and measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers and power meters. Both areas are responsible for the routine set up and care for the equipment, which involves working closely with the area production and mechanical engineering departments.
* Perform laser marking and laser welding of parts which include working with both primary and secondary explosives in a manner that will provide either a weld consistent with customer specs or laser marking to written procedures. Maintain and keep the laser weld schedules up to date and relevant for future processing.
* Operate and monitor the operation of mechanical equipment such as laser welding machines, Laser marking machines, sectioning equipment. Be alerted to recognizing problems with any of this equipment, and notify their group leader or supervisor as tolerance limits are approached to avoid making defective parts. Perform mechanical and electrical inspection of products built using precise inspection tools such as bar-code scanners and software, calipers, micrometers, special inspection fixtures, electrical meters, etc.
* Operate computer software for printing name plates, entering shop floor data collection system information, etc.
* Communicate potential mechanical and safety problems effectively.
* Handle energetic's in accordance with safety regulations.
* Perform all production-related work assigned by supervisor or group leader in strict accordance with written procedures.
* Identify, control and dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous waste including solvents, explosives, and lead.
* Read and operate per Manufacturing Procedure, with guidance
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* At least 1 year of manufacturing experience
* Demonstrated ability to use measuring devices used in metal working and machine operations.
* Mathematical aptitude (good working knowledge of basic math.) and mechanical aptitude.
* Ability to understand verbal and written instructions, and simultaneously maintain proper documentation.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to preform basic functions with the assistance of a certified trainer.
* Capability of adapting to changing situations upon the direction of supervision and be able to thoroughly document variations from standards.
* Understanding document revisions and standards governing documenting procedures, Stamps operations, reads MP prior to starting work and any other documented instructions without oversight. Complete documentation of work (marriage log, data sheet, etc.) with oversight. Knows how to locate and understand the Net Explosive Weight of the parts being built.
* Basic computer tasks with knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
* It is the expectation that all employees will always be safety conscious. It is the responsibility of each employee to deal with an unsafe acts, situation, and equipment etc. no matter the title of the personnel involved the area in which it is occurs.
* Willing to perform any task necessary to ensure the on-time delivery of the product to the customer.
* Willing to cross-train and work in all areas of operations.
* Performs other duties as required and available for overtime.
* Ability to lift to 35 pounds several times per hour.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
POST JOBS FOR FREE