Coating Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Coating Machine Operator
This is a position working on twelve (12) hour shifts on a 2-2-3 rotating schedule.
Day Shift: 5:45 a.m.- 6:15 p.m.
Night Shift: 5:45 p.m.- 6:16 a.m.
Please include cover letter stating your hourly pay requirementAND whether you can work day shift of night shift or are flexible.
Resumes received without cover letter including pay requirement may not be considered.
To operate production machines in order to achieve daily, weekly, monthly, and annual output targets.
Duties, Responsibilities & Authority:
· Operate a coating machine and produce the correctly coated ink ribbon.
· Operate production machines according to the appropriate “machine operator’s manual” under direction of the Group Leader and Technical staff.
· Perform product changeovers to the coating machine. Activities not limited to roll exchanges, roll cleaning, doctor blade exchanges, threading, filter changes, parts cleaning and material handling. Some activities requiring periods of physical exertion. Coordinating with maintenance, operation, management and others as necessary.
· Obtain a full knowledge of the mixing, coating and ink supply system in order to be proficient in troubleshooting basic equipment and process problems.
· Charge ink raw materials and organic solvents into an ink production device in a measured & controlled manner thus producing a coat-able solution per established specification.
· Lead in basic maintenance activities by having input and explanation to “what needs to be done”. Then assist as possible, making sure activities are scheduled and completed in a timely manner.
· Strongly participate in productivity improvement plans and cost reduction plans (Total Productive Maintenance activity). Investigate and analyze causes for defective product or production inefficacies.
· Perform Quality Control testing and judging product quality.
· - Verify the quality of the product with visual and machine inspections, reacting with machine inputs and adjustments as necessary to maintain product quality
· Visually inspect product for defects
· Assist in the training of other machine operators.
· Facilitate internal communication and working relationships within areas of responsibility
· Perform all duties in accordance with established safety rules and regulations.
Associate degree in technical field or high school diploma and a minimum of 2 years machine operating experience in a manufacturing environment
· Experience in chemicals mixing/blending operations preferred.
· Prior product manufacturing experience required.
· Operator must pass a physical exam and be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist and work in cramped spaces to thread machines. Must be able to lift 50 pounds, operate a roll cart with weight in excess of 500 pounds and must be able to occasionally work in confined spaces. Repetitive arm and shoulder motion when cleaning rolls.
· Must have the ability to interface and communicate effectively, write legibly and read/comprehend sufficiently to perform the duties required.
· Must be able to operate appropriate test equipment and react to the readings generated or displayed on monitors, gauges, panels or sensors. Must be able to use and read instruments including micrometers, microscope, light table, hand tools and other specialized equipment used in Print Media coating.
· Perform mathematical calculations including percentages, multiplication and division.
· Operate a personal computer (PC) and software relevant to the job.
· Must be able to work in close proximity with organic solvents and able to wear air-purifying respiratory protection equipment as needed.
· Must be able to work in a team based, high stress production environment.
· Must have adequate vision to inspect product for small defects and take appropriate corrective actions.
· Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time and prioritize appropriately
· Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
· Quality Assurance: 1 year
· 24/7 Manufacturing Environment: 2 years
· Machine Operator: 2 years
· Mixing/Blending Chemicals in a "Clean" Environment: 1 year
· Meet All Requirements of the Job (As Stated Above): 1 year
· Willingness to Work Night Shifts: 1 year
· Ability to Pass a Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Please include cover letter stating your hourly pay requirement AND whether you can work day shift of night shift or are flexible.
Resumes received without cover letter including hourly pay requirement may not be considered.
Taping - Coating - Operator
Kudzu Staffing is looking for two first shift taping and coating operators to Join our growing team!
Must be able to operate computer controlled cement mixing and pouring equipment, including reading and interpreting console indicators and gauges.
Fork lift, table saw, hydraulic jack, grinder, pneumatic tensioner
Push tensioner, carts, hand tools, sand blasting, taping and coating machine operations control console
A Manufacturing company in Saint Petersburg, is in need of a Coating Operator to start ASAP! You MUST be ok with working ALL shifts!
Please Call Clare at 727-385-3426 to set up an interview!
Responsible for the operation of coating and laminating machinery for the production of product conforming to defined quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform work in a safe fashion and adhere to all safety policies and practices.
- Basic trouble shooting of the process in order to eliminate defects.
- Knowledgeable and capable of assessing the product and fitness for use.
- Basic understanding of laminating process and curl control.
- Responsible for the execution of Shop Orders provided through the production Schedule.
- Responsible for properly loading the correct material in the required fashion onto the Coating and Laminating machinery.
- Set up of the Coater-Laminator per the specification for the specific product.
- Inspection of raw and WIP materials prior to loading of rolls on machine.
- Mounting and removal of master rolls from un-winders and winders.
- Set up and operation of the pumping and filtering system.
- Clean up and set up for various products, understanding of requirements and processes.
- Inspection and testing of materials for conformance to requirements and specifications.
- Performing and Recording the results of all required quality and product testing.
- Documenting of machine conditions, product roll quality, and productivity.
- Defect identification, flagging, and recording.
- Transactions for inventory and production reporting on the MAX system.
- Perform start of shift product checklist.
- Perform start of shift safety and environmental checklist.
- Working knowledge of HAZCOM and Hazardous Waste operations.
- Adherence to all rules and regulations for the handling of hazardous waste and chemicals.
- Working Knowledge of ISO practices and procedures.
- Basic understanding of coating process and weight control and uniformity.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean up of work area and machinery and uses 5S principles.
- Direction of the helper to assist as required.
- Other work as assigned by supervision.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0-1 years related experience
- Basic computer operations
- Attend company provided annual safety training.
- Complete company provided on-line basic computer training and Excel courses
- Willing to complete other training as requested
- Must be able to qualify to wear a cartridge respirator.
Adhesive Coating Press Operator (Plastics & Hot-Melt Adhesives)
PLITEK L.L.C. is looking to fill an immediate position as a Adhesive Coating Press Operator. This important position requires a self starter, quality minded, and responsible individual. Knowledge in Flexo Printing Presses and/or Adhesive Coating machinery, press set-up, and process improvements is a must.
The candidate will be responsible for setting blades, completing process runs & documentation, and problem solving. Primarily coating adhesive backed films/ single-color flexo printing.
Machine operating skills: Resin, Film, Adhesive, Foam, Foil, and Lamination Slitting (preferably on Printing Press, Dusenbery Slitting press, American Kuhne Extruders)
First Shift, and 2nd Shift positions are available:
- Machine operating experience, training, or education is required.
- Creative problem solving skills and demonstrates a willingness to learn.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of using measuring systems.
- Strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to perform basic math
- High School Diploma and/or GED
- Must have the ability to read, speak, and write in English.
- The job requires lifting up to 50 lbs
- Must have 2+ years of machine operation experience
Company Description About Avery Dennison Corporation: Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com . Job Description As a Coating Operator you will be assigned to work on a coating line and may work in one or more work stations including the face unwind, liner unwind, die, main console/winder, and quality lab. You may be proficient on more than one coating asset in a given location. You will be responsible for leading machine set ups and changeovers, problem-solving, coordinating PM's, making decisions on machine adjustments. You will work a Monday through Friday schedule on an afternoon shift. In this important role you will also be responsible for:
Load raw material into machine and unload finished product.
Determine and control the machine cycle varying and modifying as necessary.
Perform tests and check product routinely for multiple characteristics using standard measuring devices and making some judgments against not readily measurable standards.
Meet production schedules and program production sequences for optimal productivity.
Follow standard operating procedures and specifications or instructions of higher level technical personnel and monitor meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures, pressures, and related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to production/process specifications.
Maintain production records and logs of equipment and product performance.
Follow all health, safety, and housekeeping procedures, policies and practices and consistently work in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
Support safety, quality, and continuous improvement initiatives.
Teamwork: Assist and support other team members in meeting department and site goals. Participate and share in performing all tasks necessary to run the facility. Contribute and participate in team decision making. Provide support in project work and other special requests.
Perform all other functions as necessary. Qualifications Qualifications What we will be looking for in you: Essential:
Previous manufacturing experience preferred
You will regard safety as a core value; serve as role model for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and procedures.
You will need to have strong service and quality focus; address issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand root cause, then communicate / education team in a timely manner.
You will need be able and willing to work overtime, including short-notice requests.
You will be required show proficiency with computer applications Education:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional Information All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Senior Optical Operator / Optical Coating / Polishing / Orlando , FL
Works under general direction and from manufacturing process plans, engineering drawings, specifications and manufacturing process plans to perform a wide variety of complex optical manufacturing processes for the manufacture of windows, lens, mirrors and optical filters. Processes may include optical CNC polishing, grinding, diamond turning, optical and mechanical metrology, and optical handling/cleaning.
Must have the ability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift according to the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) MFCREFER Basic Qualifications Must have the ability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift according to the collective bargaining agreement. Experience with various types of metrology and/or running automated CNC machines for cleaning, generating, polishing, shaping, or diamond machining. Experience using hand tools, diamond tools or precision machining tools.
The ability to clean and evaluate optical surfaces The ability to test parts to ensure they meet finished specifications. Must have the ability to read and follow written work instructions, schematics and engineering drawings and work effectively in a team environment. Desired skills Prior experience with optics at the technician level is strongly desired.
Experience with optical alignment and optical metrology. Experience with optical mfg equipment and processes Experience with interferometers, microscopes, and precision metrology Experience working with CNC machines in a precision mfg environment. Familiarity with troubleshooting radius, irregularity and surface requirements.
Familiarity with the following items is desired: optical elements, lenses, rough and finish grind flats, mirrors, shop aids, test plates, and special shaped elements. Experience with controlling contours, thickness wedge and surface quality. Experience with MIL-PRF-13830B and other related Optical MIL specifications.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
*Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Location(s): Orlando Florida
Material Handler - Coating Operator
Material Handler - Coating Operator Job overview
Deadline: Not set
Country: United States
Location: Bethel, CT
Job category: Production Apply for this job Kanthal in Bethel, CT is looking for a Material Handler-Coating Operator If you are a results-oriented, team playerand have a passion for excellence, Sandvik Materials Technology wants to hear from you! Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into three product areas: Tube; Strip, Wire and Heating Technology; and Primary Products. Key performance areas As the Material Handler- Coating Operator, you will be responsible forsupporting production by transporting materials and supplies throughout Sandvik facilities and selecting jobs to be performed according to work orders, or as prioritized by the supervisor or lead person . Additional responsibilities include:
Transporting all raw, in-process and finished materials and supplies, both to and from the heavy wire drawing, holding, shipping and inventory areas
Coating rods using appropriate methods
Maintaining the coating tank and rod storage area
Maintain good communication with supervisor by keeping him/her informed of quality, maintenance, and safety or production issues, and obtain supervisory approval for any deviations from standard procedures
Assist in unloading rods from shipping containers
Maintain a valid forklift operator’s license
Maintain order and cleanliness in work area
Observe all safety rules and environmental regulations Your Profile The Material Handler- Coating Operator should possess a high school diploma or equivalent. This role requires good communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to read and speak English.Requires manual dexterity and visual and audio ability. Fork Lift certification is preferred, but training will be provided. You should also possess:
Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to speak and read English
Basic math and computer skills
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and move up to 100 lbs., bend, walk and reach. Benefits Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement. How to Apply For consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careerto the Material Handler- Coating Operator position, JO #351559 Kanthal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Deadline: Not set Job-ID: 351559
Powder Coating Operator
We are searching for a Powder Coatingr Operator located in the Midland City area.
Job duties include:
• Prepare parts for coating, load and unload parts
• Ensure all components are produced/coated efficiently
• Proper cleaning and light maintenance of equipment
• Operate all coating equipment
• Bake parts at appropriate temperatures within time limitations
• Able to operate a forklift with a minimum of 2 years experience, and driven forklift with in the past 3 years.
• Basic computer skills
• Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge
• Strong attention to detail
• Powder coating a plus, but not required
• Former lead person or supervisory experience desired
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
In order to expedite the application process, use the following link to apply:
If above link does not work, go to www.teamambassador.com to review open positions.
This singular focus evolved into a logo and way of doing business that became the Ambassador Brand. The three stars in our logo represents our clients, our customers and ourselves.
Growing this brand through several acquisitions and new location startups, the company has blossomed into a staffing company with an impressive geographical footprint with physical locations in 8 states and serving customers in 28 states.
Our Southern roots continue to this day - with our hospitality and willingness to devote ourselves entirely to our employees, our clients and their successes. All of our employees are extremely dedicated and care deeply about the level of service that we give. We all work under the belief that we are the best at what we do.
Ambassador is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other attribute protected by law.
Machine Operator (Pvd Coating)
IHI Ionbond is seeking for an Experience PVD Machine Operator that is motivated, creative, a self-starter and team oriented to join our team!
- Perform standard responsibilities as a machine operator within the department
- Operate & closely monitor high-vacuum PVD coating chambers
- Clean & prepare parts for coating
- Load and unload parts onto fixtures from carousel with care and per instructions
- Visually inspect parts before and after coating process for damaging or coating flickering
- Input data for starting process according to customer requirements
- Clean interior of PVD machines
- Daily communications with supervisor, other operators, & shifts to ensure operational objectives are met
- Responsible for 5S programs in coating area
- Provide continuous improvement ideas for Safety, Quality, On-time Delivery, Cost Reduction and Efficiency
- Other assigned duties as assigned or as apparent
- A High school diploma is required
- 2-5 years experience as a Machine Operator
- Previous experience in manufacturing or other related fields
- Familiarity with manufacturing tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work any shift
This position is out of our Wilsonville/Portland facility. We offer a generous benefits package including but not limited to; Medical, Dental, TelaDoc Benefit, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability, EAP, PTO, 401(K) with company match, and much more. EEO
For more information about Ionbond, please visit www.ionbond.com.
Machine Operator Helper (Amada Equipment)
Arrange machine at the beginning of work procedures to ensure that everything is in order.
Test the machine before main work begins to be sure that it’s in good condition for production.
Clean up machine parts after every work procedure.
Set all machine operation information such as speed, size and shape into machine before it begins running.
Insert all production materials in the various parts of the machine where they are supposed to be to enhance production output.
Ensure that machines are calibrated and recalibrated before and after production procedures.
Troubleshoot machine problems to determine actual faults.
Strictly adhere to client job specification and ensure good quality work.
Ensure timely preparation and availability of all production materials to avoid shortage during production.
Report to supervisor(s) regularly, keeping them updated on production activities and progress.
Study blueprint from work layout to ensure accuracy in production task.
Ability to handle heavy equipment.
Ability to read and understand technical manuals.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to multitask.
Good communication skills.
Have good knowledge of mechanical devices.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!