Cobbler Job Description Sample
Boiler Plant Operator
Posted Date 9/1/2017
An established Prime Federal Contractor is seeking skilled trades talent for ongoing support of its Client, NAVFAC Washington, at various locations. The following position is one of many assignments for this Client.
Boiler Plant Operator - Bethesda
This assignment may require a Secret Clearance. Preferred candidates will either have an active Secret Clearance, or can readily obtain one.
Boiler Plant Operator:
- Operates all equipment in a boiler plant to produce and control the amount of steam necessary to meet demands. These demands are significantly affected by the large amounts of steam or high pressure temperature water provide by the boiler plant. Ignites fires, puts boilers in service, and closes down boilers.
- Periodically makes rounds of the plant to visually check equipment to see that is operating properly. Maintains constant observation of flow meters and charts to determine how much steam is being produced, whether it is meeting or exceeding demands, how much fuel is being used, etc. Fires up to take boilers off the line. Determines whether to up or lower fires in boilers, whether to use pressure reducing valves, whether water pumps should be started or stopped and for how long. Adjusts firing controls, fuel feeds, and air drafts for best combustion efficiency.
- Operates numerous auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, water heaters, fans, and de-aerating equipment.
- Collects samples of boiler water, performs prescribed tests, and determines amount of chemicals to be fed into boilers for treatment of water and control of corrosion and chemical concentrations.
- Maintains constant observation for defects in the system. In the event problems arise, either repairs malfunctions or notifies the supervisor. Follows standard emergency procedures until trouble can be corrected.
- Maintains logs, records, and other plant data as required.
- Performs routine operational maintenance, e.g., cleans burners, oils and grease moving parts, packs valves and pumps, cleans oil strainers, etc. May be required to locate and repair limited electrical problems in oil burning controls, safety devices, etc. Operates various types of air conditioning and cooling systems. Starts stops and adjusts equipment. Regulates refrigerant, water temperatures and pressures by manipulating appropriate switches, rheostats, valves and levers.
- Tours the plant making minor repairs, oiling and greasing equipment, thawing frozen valves, replacing fuses and defective recording devices. Maintains log of plant equipment and keeps all machinery and spaces clean.
All information for work orders, assets, specifications, and condition assessments is captured in the NAVFAC’s MAXIMO - therefore, candidates must be able to learn and utilize this software platform.
Emergency/On-Call: may be required to respond to job related emergencies, within 1 hour of notification.
• Contractor shall have a minimum of six (6) months experience in the operation of large (100 tons or more) air conditioning and/or refrigerant, or two (2) years' experience as an air conditioning equipment mechanic helper or apprentice.
• Contractor shall have knowledge of the location and function of all equipment controls, meters and gauges in the plant, and experienced skill to determine appropriate action to meet significantly complex demands.
• Contractor shall have knowledge of prescribed tests and chemicals to test and treat boiler water.
• Knowledge of drawings and circuit diagrams of the boiler plant and auxiliary equipment to quickly locate defects in the system and perform minor repairs.
• Thorough knowledge of the fuels used, the chemical reactions involved combustion, and the proper fuel air ratio needed for maximum efficiency.
• Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance requirements and the procedures or adjustments required controlling pollutants.
• The Contractor independently plans and carries out the work in accordance with established operating methods and procedures.
• The employee is responsible for making complex determinations due to the amounts of steam or high temperature water provided by the plant.
• The work is shall be checked through occasional observation for adherence to operating techniques and established procedures.
May work in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods. The work may require frequent standing, bending, crouching, kneeling, or climbing. May occasionally work from scaffolds and platforms and may perform strenuous work while standing, sitting, or lying. May frequently lift and carry tools and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally items weighing more with assistance of material lifting devices or other workers.
Majority of work is performed indoors; however, Contractor will be exposed to extreme temperatures, smoke, dirt, noise, unpleasant odors, toxic fumes, soot, toxic dust, water, fuel oil, chemicals and all types of weather conditions. Work may result in cuts, bruises, or burns from steam, heat, chemicals or machinery. Exposed to eye injuries and frostbite from escaping refrigerants.
Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to AccessAssist@sjsexecutives.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.Additionally, you may also call Human Resources at: 757-502-4101, ext.101 for assistance.
Software Powered by iCIMS
SJS Executives dba FPC of Hampton Roads is a Virginia SWaM certified ( Certification # 677872), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) (Certification # P1053004) and minority owned business dedicated to providing permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing services to private, government and military agencies.
We would welcome the opportunity to partner and earn the right to work with you on your permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing needs. With our focused, proven process, we will provide the best talent for the job.
Electrical Engineer Boiler Controls
Electrical Engineer Boiler Controls
New Haven Connecticut
Relocation package available
We are currently doing a search for a Control System Design Engineer for a Fantastic Client.
Our Client is a full service power plant equipment, instrumentation and controls specialist serving the industrial, institutional and utility sectors. This client is nearly 50 years old and very busy.
This company only hires the best talented candidates. The intention is to hire their employees for life.They have never had a layoff.
Control System Design Engineer-
Industrial steam plant control system integrator seeks an experienced electrical engineer for design of combustion control and burner management systems. Prior PLC programming experience and knowledge of boilers, burners, controls and instrumentation is mandatory. Strong technical skills and a demonstrated ability to meet goals and objectives are required to be a successful contributor.
Typical duties include:
- Review of project specifications to assure compliance with customer requirements.
- Creation of control system wiring diagrams and logic diagrams using AutoCAD
- Programming of various Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and touch screen operator interfaces to perform the required control algorithms. We typically utilize Allen Bradley CompactLogix and ControlLogix processors but also offer solutions using other processors as well.
- Programming of various loop controllers for combustion control systems. We typically utilize Siemens 353s, Preferred PCCIIIs and Yokogawa YS1700s.
- SCADA System programming. We typically offer solutions using Proficy iFIX and Wonderware.
- Selection of instrumentation for flow, pressure, and temperature measurement applications.
- Technical support of the company’s sales efforts.
- Generation of technical submittals, operator training instructions and Operations and Maintenance Manuals
- Support of the control system fabrication, commissioning and startup activities. This effort may require regional travel and typically involves factory testing of the control cabinets, supervision of the installation effort, troubleshooting, calibration, loop testing, safety limit testing and combustion testing in conjunction with our field service engineers.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package including medical, disability, pension and expense account. We recognize our team member’s achievements and have the small company flexibility to reward them accordingly.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- PLC Programming: 5 years
- ACAD: 5 years
Licensed Boiler Operator
High Pressure Boiler Operator
HIGH PRESSURE BOILER OPERATOR
ProFusion Industries a highly regarded manufacturer of extruded plastics and industrial films is seeking a High Pressure Boiler Operator to join our team in Marietta, Ohio. As a High Pressure Boiler Operator you will be responsible for the daily operation of our power house including the maintenance of boilers and ancillary equipment in a three (3) shift production facility.
The successful candidate for this position must have the following minimum qualifications:
· A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
· A State of Ohio High Pressure Boiler License or above.
· 5+ years of experience in an industrial environment with hands on knowledge of boiler operations, air compressors and pneumatic systems, water pumps and systems, along with the maintenance of such systems.
· Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, and technical manuals.
· Electrical skills up to 480 volts, welding, lubrication and mechanical skills are a plus.
· Ability to work a schedule that includes rotating shifts and days off.
· Must be able to work safely without direct supervision in a drug free work site.
ProFusion Industries offers a starting pay of $20.86 per hour. Upon completion of 90 calendar days, new associates will be eligible for health insurance benefits. After completion of 120 work-days, associates will have their pay increased to $22.13 per hour and become eligible for additional fringe benefits.
Experienced Chiller And Boiler Lead Technician (Nashville)
Mid-South Maintenance is looking for a qualified lead technician to work on chillers and boilers. Our company has been in business for 25+ years , we offer top pay, paid vacations, health insurance, company vehicle, plenty of overtime.
SERVICE Mechanical Journeyman must be skilled craftsman in their trade, and have a minimum of five (5) years actual, practical working experience in the industrial or HVAC Chiller mechanical equipment service industry. A self-starter who has the ability and confidence to work alone or as a member of 2-3-person team including field technicians. Interaction with customers, attention to detail in executing quoted jobs, ability to help quote jobs, scheduling hours, promoting safety and constant communication plays a key role in this position. Must be computer literate with a strong ability to develop, close and manage quoted, PM and T & M work.
As a Chiller Technician you will be responsible for the following:
• Maintaining and Servicing HVAC systems (Hydronic, Steam, Chilled Water, DX, Forced Air, Heat Pump, VAV, Constant Volume, Exhaust, Heat Recovery, Sheet Metal Ducting and various related mechanical systems)
• Maintaining tools, supplies, and equipment
• Diagnosing/trouble shooting centrifugal and screw technology and HVACR equipment
• Performing preventive maintenance on equipment
• Following all safety requirements and use appropriate PPE
• Maintaining expenses through planned courses of action
• Keeping appropriate records
• Having Flexibility to work extended shifts (overtime as required)
• Maintaining professional appearance
• A minimum of six years experience working with Centrifugal and Screw Chillers with associated systems components
• Knowledge of rigging equipment and safe rigging techniques
• Knowledge of precision measuring equipment
• Experience in equipment tear down and rebuild
• Documented factory training on equipment and associated controls packages and proven track record with references
• Ability to analyze and interpret equipment log reports
• Diagnosis and resolve operational problems
• Good written, verbal and listening communication skills
• Competent in WISHA/OSHA job site safety requirements
• Ability to work overtime
• Ability to effectively interact with customers and staff
Must have clean background and proven track of record with references
Please E-mail resume or call us direct at 615Eight222two57, option 0. Please do not text because this is a business line that doesn't receive text.
Boiler Plant Operator - Maintenance & Repair Support
Opening: BOILER PLANT OPERATOR, MAINTENANCE & REPAIR SUPPORT
Location: Hamilton, Montana
Hours: Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Direct Deposit; Medical, Dental, Vision
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and at least 5 - 10 years of experience in the field.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May report directly to a supervisor or manager.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
· Shall be qualified (i.e. appropriately licensed, certified, etc.) skilled and knowledgeable in maintaining, repairing, trouble-shooting, monitoring, installing, and operating boiler plant systems including, but not limited to, boilers, pumps and electric equipment.
· Must hold the appropriate boiler license per the Department of Labor and Industry, Business Standards Division, 2001 Montana Code, Title 50, Chapter 74, Boilers and Steam Engines
· Must be flexible to work a rotational schedule (day shift, swing shift, mid shift).
· Must be able to pass a background investigation
· Shall also have the ability to drive a motorized vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
· Operation of the central boiler plant includes the start-up and shutdown of boilers, associated boiler equipment, operator maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and inspection.
· Shall maintain complete control of the boiler plant operation by preparation and adherence to written operating procedures.
· Shall have a strong knowledge and skill in boiler plant trade.
· Some basic mathematics is required to help compute utility related requirements.
· Employee must be able to read, interpret standard construction blueprint and operating manuals.
· Shall have basic knowledge of how the work relates to other trades and is capable of using all utility system trade related tools and equipment.
· Shall perform outages and support construction activities as necessary.
· Shall operate, repair and maintains applicable tools and equipment relating to the trade.
· Visual and sensory perception along with hand-eye coordination is required to operate equipment, detect deficiencies and make repairs; diagnose problems; and make installment of devices, equipment, parts, etc.
· Shall perform the necessary tests on hardness, phosphate, sulfite, causticity (alkalinity as OH), pH, and total dissolved solids (conductivity)
· Shall be responsible for meeting the present operating standard of the boiler plant. This shall be based on present efficiency of the boilers. Boiler efficiency shall be calculated by the ASME input/output method.
· Shall provide and maintain operating logs on all operating equipment which will note operator checks, repairs and adjustments, and a record file noting normal or abnormal operating conditions, deficiencies or malfunctions, and corrective action taken.
· Shall clean and prepare the steam system boilers and unfired pressure vessels in the system for certification
· Shall maintain and repair the steam distribution system
At HPC, we change lives by developing, managing and delivering innovative workforce solutions that exceed the expectations of government entities and private employers. Let us put you to work!
Boiler Room Type Of Sales Pro
HUGE Potential just fallow the system and you can easily make well over $100,000 we sell something people use everyday and they pay between $120-$130 a month that’s $1500.00 a year every year. Out product is a one time $350 and you get a thousand times more than what they paid $1500.00 a year for
2 year warranty 24/7 live tech support
every sale generates between 2-5 referrals in 7-10 days
We distribute the number one streaming box on the planet. We sell to Walmart and staples you will be selling $100 cheaper then both Walmart and Staples and making $100 per sale. It’s very simple to make $1000 a week
Boiler Plant Equipment Operator
Boiler Plant Equipment Operator
Assists in the performance of duties necessary to operate and maintain boilers and auxiliary equipment for producing steam.
Monitors status of all utility systems intervening when necessary to minimize disruption of any service. Experience: 5 years General mechanical experience (electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC). Hospital experience helpful. Education: - High school diploma or G.E.D.
Required License / Credentials: New Jersey Black Seal Boiler Operator's License Other Required
Ability to work with an active team, computer knowledge (windows based), electrical knowledge and safety knowledge of a hospital environment.
Must have broad-based knowledge of power plant and utilities, and of general mechanical maintenance/repair. Able to grasp and have knowledge of general mechanical and electrical principles. Ability to think independently with little or no supervision.
Respond to and prioritize multiple needs. Contact With Others: Contacts with other departments, furnishing or obtaining information or reports, requiring tact and discretion in order to obtain cooperation.
Supervision Given: Responsibilities of the position require no supervision or direction of others. Supervision Received: Performs duties independently, following established procedures and reporting periodically to immediate supervisor.
Boiler Room Operator
Boiler Room Operator Shawnee Mission Medical Center in Kansas City, KS Shawnee Mission Medical Center located in Kansas City, KS is looking for FT Boiler Room Operator to join their facility! If you have experience as a Boiler Room Operator, Control Room Operator, or Engineer and are passionate in patient care this could be your next opportunity! Responsibilities : * Keeps all energy center equipment and operations equipment clean and in operating condition.
Operates and maintains all hospital equipment and tools for maximum efficiency, performance and longevity.
Checks boiler safety shut down equipment.
The Boiler Room Operator ensures work order documentation maintained accurately, concise and within 48 hours of work performed.
Performs routine maintenance of boiler room and incinerator equipment on a scheduled basis.
The Boiler Room Operator understands functions and knows how to use all controls and safety devices in the operation of the energy center equipment
The Boiler Room Operator operates high pressure boilers including: start, stop, change fuel sources, log meter readings, disassembles, cleans and repairs boilers.
Tests water samples from boiler, chillers, closed loop systems, water softeners, condensate and cooling towers. Interprets test results and treats with chemical or adjusts chemical feed rates correctly and performs blowdown on systems as scheduled.
The Boiler Room Operator checks fuel oil tank levels and fires boilers on fuel oil.
Uses energy management computer system to control and to monitor operation of equipment.
The Boiler Room Operator maintains water levels in boilers as well as domestic hot and cold water tanks.
Observes meters, records, pressure and draft gauges and manipulates valves to bring readings within specified requirements
High School Diploma or Equivalent * 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
Associate's Degree or Graduate of a Technical School Preferred * 5+ Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred
Operating Engineering Boiler Certification Preferred Work Hours/ Shifts
Full Time, Days Shawnee Mission Health * SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We're a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women's Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations. Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Qualified applicants will receive details with further steps
Senior Maintenance Technician – Boiler Operator
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmic, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology. Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest. This position reports to Weekend Grave (E) shift. This shift schedule is Friday and Saturday 10:00 PM to 10:00 AM, plus two additional eight hours shifts during the week.
This shift requires working on all company designated holidays.
Due to business need, on select occasion employees may be required to work overtime and/or support operations on an alternate shift. The Senior Maintenance Technician - Boiler Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining the Critical Systems and associated areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Perform removal of hazardous waste.
Performs preventive maintenance and corrective work orders for critical system utilities on a regular basis.
Respond to urgent and emergency work orders for the Critical Systems department as needed.
Responsible for closing assigned work orders in JDE System.
Responsible for the completion of Change Control documentation (PRs) if required by the assigned work order.
Responsible for operation and repairs of Critical Systems and associated mechanical and electrical equipment.
Shall be trained and qualified on designated facility SOPs governing the operation of boiler room equipment, critical systems and local GMP practices.
Will provide a moderate level of troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair of Critical Systems, equipment and equipment components which include but not limited to: distillation units; boilers; air compressors; pumps, piping, and plumbing components.
Requires familiarity with generally accepted building, plumbing, piping, electrical, and fire protection practices and codes.
Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with state and federal EPA regulation and laws.
Attends required training and meetings.
Keeps designated area 5S’d. (Safety, Sort, Shine, Standardize, Sustain)
City Los Angeles Unlimited Steam Engineer’s license is required.
Knowledge of water treatment systems, such as filtration, softening and reverse osmosis is required.
Basic computer skills such as e-mail and internet are required.
Experience with using computerized control systems is preferred. Education and/or experience High School Diploma and 5 or more years of mechanical systems repair experience or an Associate’s degree and 3 or more years of mechanical systems repair/boiler operation experience is required
Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
Will work in a cold, wet environment
Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
Must be able to work overtime as required.
May be required to work in a confined area.
Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
Must able to climb ladders and move about in closed quarters facility non-manufacturing support areas.
Will be working in a loud area that requires hearing protection and other protective equipment to be worn. Equal Employment Opportunity Shire is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law. EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf Reasonable Accommodations Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology. Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!