Coffee Roaster Helper Job Description Sample
PT Coffee Roaster / Sales - Central Market *Westgate*
Roaster Electrical & Instrumentation Planner
Verve makes days. From Farmlevel to Streetlevel, our team members constantly strive to provide an authentic, superior coffee experience. Coffee is our craft, our ritual, our inspiration.
As a Production Roaster at Verve, you’d join a growing team of epic coffee professionals who excel at delivering a consistently delicious product.
Verve roasters are detail-oriented, adaptable, and cool-headed. We’re seeking a hard-working, experienced, and dedicated person to support the ever-growing demand for Verve Coffee. Join us in continuously raising the bar in third wave coffee, and live with Verve!
- Ensure that every bag of coffee is up to Verve’s quality standards
- Have a clear knowledge of all roasting materials and equipment
- Maintain and execute full understanding of all safety, quality and sanitation policies and procedures
- Actively contribute to Supply Chain goals and vision
- Profile roasting
- Quality Assurance cuppings (as needed)
- Oversight of order fulfillment
- Green inventory processing
- Maintain a showroom-state roasting environment
- Stay up to date on current menu and blend compositions
- Be an ambassador of coffee knowledge for Verve Coffee Roasters
- Be a guardian of quality for all coffees offered by VCR
- Responsible for the fulfillment of all coffee orders by accurately roasting entire menu to profile
- Expected to meet all quality control checkpoints at a 90% passing rate on all roast profiles
- Use of logging software and ColorTrack to monitor real-time roasting feedback
- Participation and facilitation of Quality Assurance cuppings and discussion as expected
- Responsible for weekly cleaning and daily maintenance of all roasting equipment
- Keep current green inventories stocked and prepped for roasting
- After completing certification, use of forklift as needed to unload coffee shipments or retrieve coffee from racks
- Responsible for weekly inventory counts of roasted coffee
- Keep roasting area as clean as possible at all times: floors swept, surfaces clean, dishes done, trashes emptied, chaff and coffee bags taken out, etc.
Previous roasting experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Well organized and detail oriented
Ability to work well with a team
Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
Flexible with the ability to multi-task in a demanding and sometimes stressful environment
Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in any given situation
Ability to team-lift up to 150 pounds and lift 30 pounds above the head repeatedly throughout the day
Food Handlers Certificate required
Full-time and part-time roles available
Work with great colleagues in a dynamic environment
Free bag of coffee with every paycheck
Free coffee at work!
We take care of you. Full-timers eligible for medical, vision, and dental insurance
Coffee Training Manager
Driver Helper Earn Your CDL A
Coffee Bar Coordinator - Downtown Boise
Coffee Bar Coordinator - Downtown Boise
The Downtown Family YMCA opened its doors in 1964 and has since been a landmark in the Downtown Boise area. There is a place for everyone in the YMCA’s programs, which include swimming, land and water sports, weight loss and nutrition, disease prevention and management, wellness coaching, workplace wellness, group exercise, baby/parenting wellness, and a dozen community-based races and triathlons held throughout the year. YMCA staff are qualified and devoted to providing the support and safety one may need on his/her journey to a healthier, happier life.
The Coffee Bar Coordinator is responsible for creating a welcoming, positive environment for YMCA members, staff and guests by providing outstanding customer service, hiring, training and managing baristas, ensuring inventory is appropriate based on need, communicating with and maintaining supportive relationships with vendors, and managing purchasing and expenses in a fiscally responsible manner.
Starting Wage Range:
$13.48 - $16.85
Must be 18 years or older. Current CPR certification or ability to obtain certification within 45 days required. Previous experience working in a coffee shop is preferred. Experience with coffee bar equipment preferred (including cleaning and servicing). Previous management experience preferred. Must have the ability to build genuine relationships with participants and maintain a welcoming environment with a diverse group of people.
This is a full-time position with 30 - 35 hours per week, with medical benefits provided to the employee. Typical schedule will fall within the hours of 9:00AM-5:00PM Monday-Friday, though some early morning (5:30AM) and weekend shifts will be required when staff is unavailable. Flexible availability is required.
Must have the ability to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time. Must have ability to lift and carry food and supplied weighing up to 50 lbs. Position may include bending, leaning, kneeling. Must have the visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
Working at the Y:
At the Y, our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Join us and help transform lives.
All interested staff must submit a resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your skills and experience that would qualify you for this position.
External Candidates must complete an application and submit a resume. If you have any questions regarding the position please visit our website at www.ymcatvidaho.org or contact email@example.com.
Coffee Kiosk Barista
Dawson Taylor Coffee Roasters Barista (Part Time): Boise 8.12.19
Do you have a passion for coffee, community, and excellent customer service? Then we’ve got the job for you!
Position Summary: Baristas at Dawson Taylor Coffee Roasters prepare the highest quality beverages, using finely crafted recipes, methods of preparation, and only the best ingredients – all while providing the best customer service around! We are looking for an extremely positive and motivated individual to work part time at our location on 8th street in downtown Boise.
A love for quality coffee and sharing it with others
Creative, competitive, and enjoy working at a fast pace
Ability to multi-task and embrace the challenges it presents
Detail oriented and efficiently organized
Possession of a can-do / will-do attitude
Personable, friendly, and the ability to talk to anyone and make customers feel welcome
Can work well individually or as part of a team; able to take constructive feedback
Demonstrates excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
Previous experience as a barista or in a related position is preferred
Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs
Essential Functions of the Job:
Greeting customers and taking orders; processing cash and credit card transactions
Preparing and serving hot and cold beverages per customer requests, serving prepared food items
Maintaining knowledge of menu items and recipes
Set up and break down of work areas, including cleaning and sanitizing
Maintaining appearance of store; ensuring cleanliness of store, stocking of supplies, etc.
Maintaining excellent customer service, anticipating guest’s needs
Adherence of safety policies and procedures, including proper food safety and sanitation
Maintaining a positive attitude toward guests, customers, co-workers, etc.
Ensuring security of company assets
Other tasks as assigned by manager or supervisor
Background check required with pre-employment screening. Wage starts at $9.00 per hour.
If interested, please apply at www.haydenbeverage.com, go to “About”, select “Job Openings” and click the position you would like to apply for.
Dawson Taylor Coffee Roasters is a subsidiary of Hayden Beverage Co. Hayden Beverage Co. is a rapidly growing beverage distribution company headquartered in Boise, ID, with 400+ employees in Idaho, Eastern Washington and Montana. Founded in 1970, primarily focusing on Beer, Wine, Red Bull and other non-alcohol beverages, our goals are to be the best executing distributor of any product in the Northwest and to make our customers profitable.
Summary of Employee Benefits:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Retirement plan with discretionary matching provision
- Employee discounts
Join the Sears Home Services team as a Service Technician!
Sears Home Service, the home solutions division of Sears Holdings Corporation, is the nation's largest product repair service provider, providing more than 52 million solutions for homeowners annually is looking for an experienced In-Home Service
Technician with a great attitude and the ability to help customers with their appliance repairs.
The Technical Helper is responsible for providing assistance to Service Technicians on repair calls and shuttling necessary parts and supplies for service repair completion.
*Responsibilities/Skills/Experience Requirements :
• Rides with or meets Technician at designated location to assist on service call
• Follows directions provided by Service Technician to assist in completing product repair, including, but not limited to assistance in
lifting, handling of tools, etc.
• Shuttles parts and supplies to Technician when applicable
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Ability to work variable and flexible hours, including overtime as needed
• Ability to handle stressful situations, and to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to apply appropriate safety procedures and equipment to protect Company and customer assets
• Ability to communicate effectively with the Service Technician and customer
• Ability to read and utilize reports as needed
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Ability to follow Quality Management System (QMS) process guidelines
• Ability to maintain regular and consistent attendance
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment to deliver high performance results
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Open to change, with the ability to implement change quickly and effectively
• Ability to convey a positive image of the Company in all actions and behaviors
• Excellent communication skills
• Good listening skills
• Mechanical aptitude
• 18 years of age or older
- Excellent Benefits- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, etc...
Equal Opportunity Employer
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!