Coil Winder Job Description Sample
Coil Winder - Machine Operator 3Rd Shift
Eaton Power Systems Division is seeking a Coil Winder-Machine Operator-3rd shift. The Coil Winder-Machine Operator-3rd shift will be based out of our North Street facility in Waukesha, WI Primary Functions: Set-up and operate winding machine to produce coils, of various size, to specifications called for on winding sheet, winding diagram and order pouch. Coil conductor configurations include strip, round wire and rectangular wire in various combinations. Essential Functions:
Read and interpret winding specification documents to determine characteristics required for specific coil to be wound. Determine coil number, quantity and revision. Record coil number on coil and on labor recording paperwork.
Determine and install appropriate mandrel device on machine. Adjust mandrel, end plates and/or tail-stock as required by window size specification.
Load strip, conductor and insulating paper to DeReeling mechanisms on machine. Measure materials, make adjustments to machine to accommodate material and verify proper alignment.
Places coil form on mandrel, wraps form/mandrel with paper, positions leads and tapes to coil form / mandrel.
Apply pack out as needed per specification. Repeats for each section.
Folds, insulates and tapes weld pre-cut leads to strip stock of coil body. Winds major insulations, and applies varnish with hand applicator. Operates crimp tool to crimp wire to static shield.
Operates machine regulating winding speed with foot control, aligning aluminum or copper strip to center of insulating paper strip and both to center of coil form and adjusts tensioning devices as required.
Inserts oil rib ducts and other special insulating paper at specified places in coil. Weld aluminum and copper leads as required.
Verify proper secondary coil.
Make adjustments to machine (flattener, traverse and material tensions) to yield desired finished coil dimensions as specified.
Operates walkies and hoist equipment
Determine adhesive locations per reference specifications and apply liquid adhesive with hand applicator at specified locations throughout the coil.
Insert cooling ducts, special insulation and component parts at specified locations throughout the coil
Wind coil sections per winding instructions to specified number of turns.
Braze, or bend taps and leads into coil at specified locations throughout the coil.
Position and insulate leads per winding sheet and diagram(s).
Splice material per specifications as required.
Remove coil from mandrel device by hoist and put aside to pallet.
- Performs daily 6S clean up. Qualifications
A high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience or military technical training
The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within the 50 miles of Waukesha, WI in order to be considered
Minimum of 6 months prior coil winding experience
Minimum 3 Years of Manufacturing Experience
Must be able to interpret prints, applicable engineering, safety instructions, maintenance and operating instructions and quality specifications. We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters. Job: Manufacturing & Operations Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division Job Level: Entry Level Schedule: Full-time Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No Does this position offer relocation?: No Travel: No Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the WINDING Production Manager.
This position is on-site from 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
This position is paid hourly starting at $11.00. Health benefits are available, and employees may join a 401(k) plan after one year. Metro card pre-tax program is available.
QUALIFICATIONS & DUTIES:
· Examine and test wired electrical components such as motors, armatures, and stators, using measuring devices, and record test results.
· Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
· Record operational or production data.
· Operate or tend wire-coiling machines to wind wire coils used in electrical components such as resistors and transformers, and in electrical equipment and instruments such as bobbins and generators.
· Operate metal or plastic forming equipment.
· Review work orders and specifications to determine materials needed and types of parts to be processed.
· Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
· Cut, strip, and bend wire leads at ends of coils, using pliers and wire scrapers.
· Select and load materials such as workpieces, objects, and machine parts onto equipment used in coiling processes.
· Assemble electrical or electronic equipment.
· Cut industrial materials in preparation for fabrication or processing.
· Select production input materials.
· Load materials into production equipment.
· Record production and operational data on specified forms
· Record operational or production data.
· Attach, alter, and trim materials such as wire, insulation, and coils, using hand tools.
· Trim excess material from workpieces.
· Apply solutions or paints to wired electrical components, using hand tools, and bake components.
· Apply protective or decorative finishes to workpieces or products.
· Operate heating or drying equipment.
· Stop machines to remove completed components, using hand tools.
· Remove products or workpieces from production equipment.
· Disassemble and assemble motors, and repair and maintain electrical components and machinery parts, using hand tools.
· Disassemble equipment for maintenance or repair.
· Maintain production or processing equipment.
· Repair production equipment or tools.
· Line slots with sheet insulation, and insert coils into slots.
· Assemble metal or plastic parts or products.
· Time Management: Speed is of the essence. Being able to manage how much time is spent on a project is important.
BACKGROUND CHECK & REFERENCES:
Applicants who pass the proficiency exam will be required to provide contact information for willing personal and employment references, and may be required to provide a release for a criminal background and credit check. Candidates may also be subject to pre-employment drug screening.
Please email résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line "Winding Position." Qualified candidates will be contacted with further instructions. Do not call or apply in person.
Coil Winder - 1St Shift (Internal Only)
- 1st Shift (Internal Only) atITW
Date Posted: 1/16/2018
Job Description Basic Description: Candidate will be responsible for the winding of all coils and must be able to work and communicate effectively in a team environment. Will also perform assembly work as needed. Essential Functions:
These functions will include winding of all coils, prepping, welding, dip/bake and assembly as needed.
Cross training/rotation on welding and winding within the cell is required on a regular basis.
Work overtime up to 12 hours a day when needed to meet due dates on customer orders.
Willing to work in other areas of your cell and Components Division when necessary.
Position requires ordering material and scheduling order
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent + 1 year of mechanical experience required + 1 year coil winding experience
Must be able to read and understand coil winding data sheets
Possess good hand dexterity
Must be willing to cross-train
Must be able to stand for up to 12 hours
Be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Overtime will be required
Share With https://www.jobs.net/jobs/itw/en-us/job/United-States/Coil-Winder-1st-Shift-Internal-Only/J3R2D36J26SLKYH99JH/Coil Winder
- 1st Shift (Internal Only)
Location: Appleton at https://www.jobs.net/jobs/itw/en-us/search/United-States/location/Wisconsin/Appleton/ , at https://www.jobs.net/jobs/itw/en-us/search/United-States/location/Wisconsin/Appleton/ WI at https://www.jobs.net/jobs/itw/en-us/search/United-States/location/Wisconsin/Appleton/
Experience:At least 1 year(s)
About Us Founded in 1912, ITW is a global industrial company centered on a differentiated and proprietary business model. The company's seven industry leading segments leverage the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer focused solutions are required. ITW's 50,000+ dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in our decentralized, entrepreneurial culture. In 2016, the company achieved revenues of $13.6 billion. Interested in learning more about our unique career opportunity? What is a Talent Network? Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you. Why Join?
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Share job opportunities through Social Media or email Are you looking for a new job? Check out these current opportunities:,,,and ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants and employees of ITW are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Follow the link above to read more.
Electro Magnet Coil Winder
Magnetic Lifting Technologies US, is the country's leading manufacturer of electro lifting magnets and components. We manufacturer, remanufacturer, repair, service and inspect magnets of any manufacturer. Based in New Castle, PA, MLTUS is looking for an experienced Magnet Coil Winder to work in its brand new 35,000 sf manufacturing facility.
- We prefer experience in winding Electro Magnet coils
- Must possess some carpentry skills, be proficient in math and have a penchant for attention to details
- Knowledge in winding copper and aluminum wire and ribbon coils
If you have experience working with electro magnets, we want to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a competitive compensation plan and benefits.
- Competitive salary which is commensurate upon experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package including
- Health (majority paid for by the company)
- 401k with company match
Learn more about us at WWW.MLTUS.COM.
Electric Motor Winder
We are currently looking for a Motor Winder in the Heights area of Houston to start immediately.
Must have experience!!!
Role and Responsibilities-
Re-wind various types of electro-mechanical equipment including but not limited to single phase, three phase, armatures and wound rotors.
-Inspect various types of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions
-Ability to dismantle, strip and record coil data for AC/DC machines (motors/generators)
-Cut and remove defective coils, record data and remove insulation from core slots.
-Cut and form insulation and insert into rotor, stator, or armature slots
-Install and align formed or random coils in slots
-Replace defective coil leads and solder/braze connections of coils in specified sequence
-Test condition of windings according to EASA standards
-Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect refurnished parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions
-Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment and document test results
-Operate specialized repair and testing equipment including but not limited to winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various handheld power and non-power tools, etc.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of 3 years exp.
Location- Heights area
If you meet these experience and qualifications you may go online to expresspros.com and complete online application. you may also contact us at 713-523-5530 for more information!
Electric Motor Winder
Under general supervision, Assembles and tests electric motor and generator stators, armatures, or rotors: Inspects cores for defects and aligns laminations, using hammer and drift. Files burrs from core slots, using hand file, portable power file, and scraper. Lines slots with sheet insulation and inserts coils into slots. Cuts, strips, and bends wire leads at ends of coils, using pliers and wire scrapers. Twists leads together to connect coils. Taps coil and end windings to shape, using hammer and fiber block. Tests windings for motor-housing clearance, grounds, and short circuits, using clearance gauge, growler, spring-steel blade, telephone receiver, insulation tester, and resistance bridge. Winds new coils on armatures, stators, or rotors of used motors and generators. May rewind defective coils.
1. Read and interpret schematics of electrical equipment and mechanical equipment.
2. Identify and utilize lubricants.
3. Identify and utilize cleaning materials and solvents used in maintenance of electrical equipment.
4. Interpret color coding.
5. Properly use and care for small and large shop tools, vehicles, trucks, and heavy and light equipment.
6. Troubleshoot, inspect, repair/recondition/rewind and test electrical equipment.
7. Disassemble and inspect motors.
8. Rewind AC/DC motors/generators.
9. Properly use abrasive blasting equipment.
10. Remove, fit up and install bearings.
11. Prepare rotor for balance
12. Reassemble motor and AC/DC generators.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to perform preventive maintenance according to published guidelines.
2. Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
3. Ability to read, understand, and follow strict safety procedures.
4. Ability to interpret technical manuals.
5. Knowledge of computerized maintenance management principles as related to supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
6. Ability to repair, dismantle, install or move machinery and mechanical equipment.
7. Knowledge of maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment and systems.
8. Ability to perform inspections and make necessary adjustments to conform to job specifications.
9. Ability to test systems and log results.
10. Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
Credentials and Experience:
High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of trades experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Physical Requirements and Environment:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 60%) of job.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of personal protective equipment.
Our Mission: We, at Laron provide industrial support services to established and newly acquired customers to increase the uptime of their operations. To accomplish this we build on our core values of innovation, responsiveness, first-time-quality and value-added-service. We strive to maintain a business environment that is principled, moral and honest with our employees, customers, vendors and lenders.
Our Vision: To be the preferred solution resource for industries that provide the fundamental needs of a changing world through Service Innovation and Education.
Safety: Laron has no greater priority than the safety of our employees. Our Total Quality Service Program encompasses not only the quality of our work but also the safety or our employees, customers and vendors.
LARON is a Drug-free, Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workforce.
Electric Motor Winder
Electric Motor & Contracting Company, Inc. is one of the largest independently owned repair facilities for electrical rotating machinery in the United States. Our facility is equipped with the most modern and technically advanced equipment available. EMC serves a variety of industries including power generation, hydrocarbon, chemical processing, water resources, marine, pulp and paper, mining, and nuclear.
• Knowledge of rewinding 3 phase form coil and random wound stators
• Knowledge of rewinding DC armatures and fields
• Familiarity with electrical test equipment (i.e. surge tester, low resistance bridge, multimeter, megohmeter, ampmeter, voltmeter)
• Familiarity with electrical tests (i.e. surge test, hi-pot test, checking polarity and resistance on windings, taking megger readings).
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Must provide own basic hand tools (testing equipment is provided by the company).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and able to stand/walk for extended periods.
• Must be willing to work overtime.
• Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
Our company prides itself on:
-Maintaining a clean, state of the art facility
-Providing quality service to our customers
-Employing and retaining great people
Our company offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
-Paid vacation and holidays
-Health, life, and dental insurance
-Short term and long term disability
-401K and profit sharing
-Uniforms provided by the company
Salary history or requirements are to be provided with all inquiries.
Check out our web site to learn more about our business.
Winder Operator III
Winder Operator III
Job ID: 4094
Functional Area: MANUFACTUR
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Relocation Provided: No
Location: GRIFFIN, GA
Education Required: High School or GED Preferred
Experience Required: None
Hours of Work: 12 hour shifts/8a-8p/8p-8a
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for operation of extrusion equipment; including but not limited to, product quality, following all SOCs, winder flips, box making, core and resin supply constancy. Must comply with all safety, quality, GMPs, productivity and cleanliness standards.
Responsible meeting production and product requirements in accordance with the scheduled work order(s).
Makes boxes and waxes cores to be used to fulfill work order requirements on production line.
Ensure adequate raw material (compound) levels are available to consistently run line.
Performs first piece, periodic and finished roll quality checks: such as, roll weight, width, footage, stretch, core length, packaging and other quality inspections in accordance with Quality Line Report.
When applicable, and directed by work order, complete quality check on every roll.
Assists Production Techs in making changeovers, line thread-up, screen changes and other set-up tasks needed to getting production lines in operation.
Responsible for accurately completing and recording production data on work order paperwork.
All other assignments, general and specific, as directed by Supervision
Responsible for working safely, cleanly and ethically. Follow all plant PPE requirements, safety rules and policies. Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor immediately.
Responsible for maintaining general area housekeeping and recording its completion in the daily cleaning logs.
Responsible for following all GMPs to assure food product safety.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: This job description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified for the purpose of job evaluation.It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive title to every function described.
- Although certain positions have specific tasks and responsibilities with respect to food safety, the food safety and quality of all products manufactured by Berry is the responsibility of every Berry employee. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Store Associate - Outlet Winder #339
Our History Nearly a century after opening our doors, Beall's Inc. continues to serve our communities with the spirit of pride and appreciation first shown by Robert M. Beall back in 1915. In 1987, with the start of the Outlet business in retail, his son E.R.Beall decided to open the first Beall’s Outlet in Florida. The concept was a hit and the Outlet division has been growing ever since. Currently within the Beall's Inc. portfolio, there are over 450 Outlet stores and 70 Department Stores that cover 13 states, with sales over a billion dollars annually. The Outlet division conducts business under two different names, Beall’s Outlet within Florida, Georgia and Arizona and Burke’s Outlet for all other locations. Who Are We? We are a convenient and welcoming store where everyone can find the styles and brands they want all at lower prices. We are continually offering fresh assortments of fashion apparel, shoes, accessories and homes goods, making shopping for the family easy, affordable and rewarding. We are the shopping solution for the entire family. More Brands! Big Savings! Our Mission We are a customer-centric, family focused organization with a relentless desire to deliver exceptional value. We want to thrill our customers with an ever changing offering of the latest brands and fashions, in a bright and casual shopping environment, while delivering friendly and consistent customer service. Store Associate A store associate provides the best possible service to our customers on the selling floor resulting in repeat customers and increased sales. To achieve this goal, teamwork will be required among all employees. Certain non-selling tasks must also be completed in order to maintain exceptional customer service. A successful Store Associate will be:
Leader in Customer Service
Demonstrate operational agility
Perform all functions of POS, Receiving and Stock, Housekeeping
Energetic and engaging with internal and external customers
- Able to promote all company programs
High School Diploma or equivalent is required; college degree preferred.
Knowledge of company standard software, systems and procedures.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work varying hours and schedules to include days, mid shifts, nights, weekends and holidays.
Occasionally travel to other stores as requested by management.
Must be able to reach a minimum of 60 inches to stock and maintain merchandise.
Must be able to have full body rotation and mobility (i.e., bending, stooping, twisting and reaching) to replenish and maintain merchandise.
Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds (while wearing a provided safety belt) to unload and process merchandise.
Must have full hand and arm usage for operating machines such as POS terminals and ticketing machines.
Must be able to push and pull merchandise fixtures (minimum resistance of 10+ pounds) for presentation and department changes.
Must be able to handle cleaning equipment (vacuum, broom, mop, duster, etc.) used for maintaining cleanliness. External Company Name: Bealls, Inc. External Company URL: https://www.beallsinc.com/
Store Manager Candidate In Winder GA
At Dollar General, our customer is at the center of everything we do! We are a fast-moving Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 14,000 stores and 14 distribution centers in 44 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation and teamwork. At Dollar General, you can see a clear and fast path to career growth and success. We are committed to attracting talented and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others." Let's Grow Together! GENERAL SUMMARY: This position exists primarily for the purpose of developing internal store manager bench from the assistant store manager population, although external candidates will also be in the program. It is a position to be used to give store manager candidates more experience prior to becoming a store manager, and is to be held for a specified period. DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Assist in recruiting and staffing activities.
Assist with store merchandising by facilitating and/or participating in staging, stocking and storage of merchandise; ensuring that merchandise is presented according to established practices and store manager direction; and properly utilizing merchandise fixtures, signing and pricing of merchandise.
Assist in all aspects of inventory management (including proper execution of damages, markdowns, register scanning, paperwork and facility controls); prepare and conduct inventories.
Follow prescribed ordering practices to ensure the meeting or exceeding of in-stock targets.
Provide superior customer service leadership.
Act as a role model by following company procedures and policies as outlined in the employee handbook, SOP manual and company communications.
Participate in store opening and closing activities.
Ensure the safe deposit of all company funds in the designated bank.
Assist in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
Assist in the maintenance of clean, well-stocked stores; provide a safe environment for customers and employees.
Manage store in store manager’s absence.
Review operating statements to identify business trends (including sales, labor, profitability, and inventory turn), expense control opportunities, potential shrink, and errors.
Complete all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines. KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit controls.
Ability to learn and perform IBM cash register functions, including those necessary to generate reports.
Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE and STARS programs, etc.)
Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling, and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Effective interpersonal skills.
Effective organization skills with attention to detail.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists. WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
One year of experience in a retail environment preferred for external candidates; four months experience as a Dollar General assistant store manager required for internal candidates. COMPETENCIES:
Aligns motives, values and beliefs with Dollar General values.
Supports ownership by tapping into the potential of others.
Acts as a liaison between the Store Support Center and store employees.
Fosters cooperation and collaboration.
Interacts tactfully yet directly with employees and maintains an open forum of exchange.
Demonstrates responsiveness and sensitivity to customer needs.
Applies basic principles of retail (i.e., ordering cycles, peak inventories, merchandise flow, etc.).
Provides continuous attention to development of staff.
Recruits, hires and trains qualified applicants to fulfill a store need.
Ensures store compliance to federal labor laws and company policies and procedures. WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Frequent walking and standing.
Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks.
Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as hand-held scanners pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers and carts, two-wheel dollies, and U-boats (six-wheel carts).
Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds.
Occasional climbing (using ladder).
Occasional driving/providing own transportation to make bank deposits, attend management meetings and to other Dollar General stores.
Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. Note: This position requires some travel with limited overnight stays Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Requisition ID: 2018-157845 External Company URL: http://www.dollargeneral.com
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!