Coiler Job Description Sample
Machine Operator: Coiler
A tubing manufacturing company is looking for 2 MACHINE OPERATORS for their location in Mansfield
Location: Mansfield, TX
Position Types: Machine Operators: Coiler
Coiler Pay: $12.50/hr
Coiler Schedule: Monday-Friday 3pm-11:30pm Mon-Friday (will train on 1st shift for two weeks)
COILER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Verify part numbers, hose sizes and job numbers
-Record any flaws or scrapped materials in data logs
-Coil hoses according to manufacturing orders
-Measure, tape, and cut hoses to orders
-Must have at least 1 year prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
-Must have strong math and measuring skills
Three Ways To Apply: (choose one)
- Resumes may be emailed to Ashley.Bradley@expresspros.com
- Call our office 817-281-1570
- For an Expedited Process: Visit our office at 3025 Western Center Blvd. Fort Worth, Texas 76131Application Hours are Monday-Thursday 9am-3:30pm with extended hours on Wednesday until 5pm; Friday 9am-12pm
Express Employment Professionals is a staffing development agency assisting businesses in attracting and developing top talent. Since opening in 1995, we have employed over 30,000 people in the Tarrant county area. Express can help you find a job that is the perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you will never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you are looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express has a wide range of jobs available including Administrative, Light Industrial, Skilled Trades, and Professional positions through evaluation-hire, contract, and direct hire opportunities. Let us help you today! Express has helped five million people find work over the last 30 years. We are the #1 staffing franchise and our 700 locations are focused on putting the next million to work.
Spring Coiler Set-Up/Operator (Ny)
Duties and responsibilities:
• Set-up and operate conventional coiling machines sizes ten, eleven and twelve.
• Setup and operate CNC spring coiling and auto looping machines.
• Read and understand drawings, blueprints and specifications.
• Calculate dimensions and machine offset adjustments.
• Identify, isolate and resolve machine problems.
• Accurately measure parts using a variety of instruments as appropriate for a given part or circumstance.
• Must have experience with 1st articles and the ability to perform QC of parts.
• Performs in-process inspections to assure springs are within specifications.
• Grind and sharpen cutoff tools, pitch tools, coiling points, and other tooling as required.
• Submit first piece parts to inspection and adjust setup as required.
• Applicant must be focused, reliable and organized
• Must have minimum of 1 year working experience with Oriimec CLS 10V. Those without experience will not be considered.
• Knowledge of basic measuring equipment.
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Working hours Monday -- Friday; 7:00 am --3:30 pm with the option of overtime.
Coiler And Machine Operator (Current Positions Filled But Accepting Applications)
About the open position Michigan Spring and Stamping is looking for employees with skilled technical backgrounds to add to our team. Over the next year, the qualified candidate will be trained in:
Understanding the SPC process
Checking and documenting critical dimensions of parts using measuring tools such as gages, micrometers and calipers
Setting up, troubleshooting and making adjustments to metal forming machines to achieve specified product dimensions
Analyzing work orders, work piece, blueprints, specifications to determine process, materials, tooling, and sequence of operations
Selecting and installing appropriate tools and equipment (cams, forming tools, cut off tools, dies, etc.) to produce a part as specified on blue print.
Keep parts and tools in their proper place, occasionally fix or replace broken tooling and have replacement parts available.
Grind arbors and any other necessary parts.
Maintain quality at standard rates of set-up and running speed.
Problem solve, correct and/or stop production when defective parts are detected.
Interpret shop orders, use computer terminals, and material requisitions properly.
Weigh, label, and package parts
Abide by safe work practices at all times Requirements Are you a good fit for this job? You could be the right person if you have these qualifications:
Have willingness and drive to learn new things.
Understand that Quality is second only to Safety.
Have a mechanical aptitude
Know or want to learn to read basic blueprints, micrometers, calipers, dial gauges, load test scales and metric conversion accurately.
Have sound mathematical skills
Possess Strong problem-solving ability
Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal situations and can read and write English.
- A positive attitude Physical
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly during the course of a workday.
Candidate will be required to stand for long periods of time. Benefits If you ask our employees why they love working at Michigan Spring and Stamping, they will tell you it’s because of the great people they get to work with every day, the flexibility and job security we provide and the daily opportunities which keep them motivated. We are a medium sized company right where you want to be and where you can really make a difference. In addition to a great work environment, we offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Within our benefits package; affordable medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, long and short term disability (at no cost to you), 401k with company match, profit sharing, generous educational reimbursement policy, vacation and flexible schedules. For information on the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), please follow this link: http://www.dol.gov/whd/polygraph/
Spring coilers Matthew-Warren Spring in Logansport, Indiana is looking to hire experienced Spring Coilers. Candidates must: Have 5 years spring coiling/spring making experience Have a high school diploma or GED Be able to work any shift Be able to lift up to 50 pounds Have a good attendance history Be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen Desired skills and abilities (including but not limited to):
Able to measure and check product periodically to ensure all specifications are maintained
Assist and work with other operators as required
Able to lubricate equipment and perform basic preventative maintenance -
Coiler- Wave Springs & Retaining Rings
This company is the market leader in the industrial retaining ring and wave/compression spring manufacturing business. We have been manufacturing and supplying the Aerospace, Automotive and other industrial markets for over 50 years. We take pride in everything about our business, including the quality of our innovative products, our focus on continuous improvement, and our stand of excellence that guides the service that we provide to our loyal customers.
We are currently hiring for machine operators to do their own set ups and run machines within our Wave Springs department or Retaining Department. The coiler is responsible for reading blue prints and wire cards, preparing machines with the correct wire, and using a computerized system for product movement. The coiler upholds the quality and procedures of our rings department.
-Use micrometers and calipers to successfully set up machines to required specifications
-Read drawings, blueprints, and reference sheets to understand job requirements
-Utilize control panels on machine to successfully run parts
-Use computerized system for various responsibilities (including product movement)
-Use micrometers and calipers to ensure parts meet required specifications and tolerances.
-Utilize a spring tester to ensure specifications
-Pass a basic math test using a calculator
-3 years machine operator OR 1 year machine set up experience
3:00 PM - 11:30 PM (Monday-Friday)
11:00 PM - 7:30 AM (Sunday-Thursday)
-A lot of room for growth
-Play music over loud speakers
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-###-#### or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Associated topics: attorney, business, company, compliance department, compliance office, court, courtroom, lawyer, legal affairs, legal department
I love it here because of the people.
I love the culture because it feels like family.
I ve been given so many opportunities to grow and learn more.
These are just a few of the comments we hear from Prinsco employees on a regular basis.
We are a third-generation family owned company filled with incredible people who care deeply about their work, contribute to our success daily and help us solve critical problems for our teams, our company and our world.
Prinsco is one of the nation s leading manufacturers of corrugated plastic pipe and accessories for water management applications in agriculture, stormwater and residential markets. Our work contributes to solutions that maintain, manage and protect our world s most valuable resource: fresh water.
Prinsco currently has an opening for a Backup Operator/Coiler. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance and more.
General Purpose of Job
While working in the Coiler role, safely roll or bundle (& then transport outside to assigned staging area) finished goods. If filling in as an Operator, work as a team leader to ensure the safety, quality, & quantity of assigned personnel & production lines & equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Roll pipe onto coiling machine & tie with twine, verifying the finished goods are meeting Prinsco quality expectations.
• Transport rolls/bundles to assigned staging area outside the plant.
• Maintain speed of line to keep production flowing smoothly & prevent piles of pipe from forming.
• Assist other coilers, as needed.
• Work with knife to trim pipe, as needed.
• Apply shrink wrap pipe, when applicable.
• Periodically empty the trash barrels into the waste dumpster & tile samples into the grinder.
• Notify their operator assigned to their line of any defects in the tile or improper machine operations.
• Carry out employment duties in accordance with applicable safety rules & procedures.
• Serve as a quality check for Prinsco. All quality concerns should be brought to the attention of the Quality Control Manager, prior to shipment.
• Maintain a clean, organized, & safe work area.
• Operate all assigned production lines in a safe, efficient, & productive manner while maximizing output.
• Work with coilers & plant management to ensure a quality product is being produced.
• Perform start-ups & shut-downs of production equipment.
• React to problems & feedback given by coilers, making necessary adjustments to alleviate quality control issues.
• Perform all required quality control inspections (i.e. - pipe weight & distribution every four hours).
• Ensure all end-of-shift paperwork is accurately completed.
• Assist with corrective maintenance, repairs or changeovers that take place on your assigned shift.
• Perform mechanical adjustments to equipment, as needed during production.
• Always take necessary action to ensure the safety of your co-workers.
• Give recognition to team members that you see living out Prinsco Values.
• Demonstrate a commitment to high personal & professional ethical standards, & align decisions with Prinsco Values.
• Build & maintain open, honest working relationships with others, to set goals, resolve problems, & make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), preferred.
• Related experience &/or training, preferred.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, & procedure manuals.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, & divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, & decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, & draw valid conclusions.
• Computer experience, preferred.
• Forklift experience, preferred.
• Valid Class D driver s license.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds consistently, 50 pounds 1/3 of the day, & 75 pounds less than 1/3 of the day.
• Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), peripheral vision, & depth perception.
• Using hands & reaching with hands/arms for over 2/3 of the workday.
• Standing, walking, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling for over 2/3 of the workday.
• Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), peripheral vision, & depth perception.
• Work in outdoor weather conditions, occasionally.
• Ability to work in a loud noise environment.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Associated topics: calibrate, criteria, defect, qa, qa tech, quality, quality check, quality control/quality assurance, quality manager, quality technician
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!