Coiler Job Description Sample
Machine Operator - Coiler
Coiler Set-Up & Op
Coiler (Includes Machine Set Up)
About the open position
Michigan Spring and Stamping is looking for employees with skilled technical backgrounds to add to our team. Positions start at a minimum of $12.00/hr but is paid based on experience.
Over the next year, the qualified candidate will be trained in:
- Understanding the SPC process
- Checking and documenting critical dimensions of parts using measuring tools such as gages, micrometers and calipers
- Setting up, troubleshooting and making adjustments to metal forming machines to achieve specified product dimensions
- Analyzing work orders, work piece, blueprints, specifications to determine process, materials, tooling, and sequence of operations
- Selecting and installing appropriate tools and equipment (cams, forming tools, cut off tools, dies, etc.) to produce a part as specified on blue print.
- Keep parts and tools in their proper place, occasionally fix or replace broken tooling and have replacement parts available.
- Grind arbors and any other necessary parts.
- Maintain quality at standard rates of set-up and running speed.
- Problem solve, correct and/or stop production when defective parts are detected.
- Interpret shop orders, use computer terminals, and material requisitions properly.
- Weigh, label, and package parts
- Abide by safe work practices at all times
Are you a good fit for this job?
You could be the right person if you have these qualifications:
- Have willingness and drive to learn new things.
- Understand that Quality is second only to Safety.
- Have a mechanical aptitude
- Know or want to learn to read basic blueprints, micrometers, calipers, dial gauges, load test scales and metric conversion accurately.
- Have sound mathematical skills
- Possess Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal situations and can read and write English.
- Great attendance
- A positive attitude
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds repeatedly during the course of a workday.
- Candidate will be required to stand for long periods of time.
If you ask our employees why they love working at Michigan Spring and Stamping, they will tell you it’s because of the great people they get to work with every day, the flexibility and job security we provide and the daily opportunities which keep them motivated. We are a medium sized company right where you want to be and where you can really make a difference.
In addition to a great work environment, we offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Within our benefits package; affordable medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, long and short term disability (at no cost to you), 401k with company match, profit sharing, generous educational reimbursement policy, vacation and flexible schedules.
For information on the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), please follow this link: http://www.dol.gov/whd/polygraph/
AP 2 Exit Operator
Print Bindery Operator
AP 1 Exit/Trim Operator
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!