Cold Mill Operator Job Description Sample
Field Service Technician (Hot & Cold Steel Mill Industry)
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Radiometric Services and Instruments LLC – Frederick, MD
Great opportunity for proficient electronic service technician, willing to travel worldwide! Train at our Frederick Maryland location for potential earnings (with overtime) up to $100K.
Field Service Technicians are dispatched from their home office to customer locations world-wide supporting x-ray thickness and coating weight gaugesfor the Hot/Cold Steel Mill Industries
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Execute scheduled service visits received from the Frederick office
Requires 75-80% travel
Applicants must have a valid local driver’s license and qualify for a US Passport.
Complete Customer Service Reports, time sheets, and expense reports
Maintain good customer relations
Overnight, weekend and after hours work required
Provide phone support to customers as needed
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Attitude:
Experience working in a fast paced environment with tight time constraints
Customer focused. Strong interpersonal skills are a must
Strong problem solving and analytical expertise with excellent oral and written communications
Ability to understand and interpret schematic diagrams, electrical symbols and terminology.
Ability to use all types of hand tools and digital test equipment. Basic Soldering skills required
Experienced in the installation and troubleshooting of electronic-mechanical machinery is ideal.
Ability to lift and carry 50+lbs on a daily basis
Ability to stand and squat for long periods of time while on the job
Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering or military Electronics, or equivalent professional experience is required
Maintenance Supervisor, Cold Mill
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods. Our Rolled Products North America (RPNA) division is seeking to add a talented Maintenance Supervisor. The purpose is to analyze, recommend improvements, efficiently organize and manage the direction of maintenance area work teams and processes for the achievement of both short-term and long-term objectives in safety and compliance, equipment reliability, product quality and cost reduction. Manage assigned department to cost effectively supply services to sustain the quality and throughput requirements of the plant.
Provide effective leadership for maintenance employees under direct supervision in meeting departmental goals.
Operate safely and within all applicable laws, regulations and company policy.
Implement and monitor safety programs and performance.
Implement and monitor proactive maintenance work methods.
Control and reduce operating costs for assigned cost centers.
Develop a skilled team through training, performance measurement and feedback.
Study and standardize procedures to continuously improve the efficient use of financial and human resources in the performance of duties.
Develop and initiate yearly departmental operation plans.
Maintain a climate of consistency, trust and employee involvement.
Provide effective communication link with all individuals and work groups across the department.
Create and maintain work schedules to expedite work flow.
Maintain the shops and associated equipment, to ensure continued operation of the plant.
Plan and task work for the continuous (7 x 24) operation of the department. Bachelor's or Associate'sDegree plus at least five (5) years of industrial maintenance experience preferred.
Excellent leadership, interpersonal, planning and organizing, time management and effective oral and written communication skills.
Experience in a union environment preferred.
Ability to engage, develop, and lead work groups to reach their maximum potential in achieving both short-term and long-term desired outcomes of the department. Ability to create a cooperative, safe, and productive work environment that seeks input from each worker.
Ability to interpret and diagnose problems, accumulate significant data, seek contributions, sort data, and initiate actions to prevent or overcome problems.
Ability to readily observe and define processes to generate ideas for improvements, to develop operating plans, and to operate to maximum efficiency and effectiveness. Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who meet the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the position. Position Type: Full Time External Company URL: www.aleris.com
2Nd Shift Bonding Mill Machine Operator
Employment Professionals is seeking a Bonding Mill Machine Operator to join our team! Hours are Monday thru Friday 3:00PM-11:00PM., pay rate $15-16 per hour depending on experience.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- The Material Processor is responsible for coil handling which involves removing coils from skids, loading coals to the payoff, and measuring gauge and width with measuring devices
- Sets up the designated Bonding Mill machine including interpreting process sheets and setting machine parameters
- Responsible for operating the machine while adhering to quality parameters and in-process checks
- Makes mechanical adjustments as needed
- Performs data entry into the SAP software system
- Maintains a clean work area
- Operate lifting devices as trained by Materion Safety
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least 2-3 years of previous manufacturing experience required
- Experience with performing multiple complex set ups preferred
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical training is preferred but not required
- Experience in a metals industrial setting preferred but not required
- Experience operating a bonding mill machine preferred
Physical Demands and Working Environment
- The employee is required to work in a manufacturing setting that may be cold or hot depending on the season
- The employee frequently is required to stand sit, walk, stand, stoop, or crouch
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear
- The employee may lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate to high
Interested candidates should contact Express Employment Professionals at 375 Putnam Pike suite 20 Smithfield, RI 02917 tel: 401-231-4900 or email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Feed Mill Operator
FEED MILL OPERATOR Hourly Production Falkville, Alabama Apply Description Position at Pilgrim's There is an opening in the Feed Mill on day shift for one (1) Feed Mill Utility Operator. Most importantly, this position requires flexibility in starting and stopping times and involves frequent shift changes to cover vacations and working demands.
This position also involves some mandatory weekend work. The normal hours for this position is an 8:00 am until 4:00 pm shift. In the future, these hours could change.
General Responsibilities: Responsible for unloading bulk feed ingredients (Dry and Liquids) from either truck or rail using a computerized feed mill receiving control system. Responsible for learning all jobs within the feed mill and covering vacations and vacancies.
Must be able to communicate with vendors, drivers, production and management. Essential sampling requirements and general feed mill housekeeping are also required duties. Skills Required:
High School education or equivalent or past experience in feed milling. General computer knowledge with the ability to learn computerized control systems. Ability to multi-task.
General Mechanical Knowledge with the ability to learn feed mill flows and conveying systems. Ability to operate a fork lift and skid steer loader. Good written and verbal communication skills Physical Demands:
This position operates mostly outside in extreme hot and cold temperatures. Eighty percent of the time this position involves lifting in excess of 50 lbs, sweeping, shoveling and climbing stairs and ladders. This position also involves working off of platforms and catwalks in excess of 100 feet in altitude.
On occasion, long and continuous hours in a dusty environment. Must be physically able to wear and perform essential duties wearing a full face respirator.
Overview The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section. The Mill Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient set up, inspection and operation of equipment/machinery utilized in the processing of products. Additionally responsible for following standard operating procedures, including but not limited to, completing production related paperwork and meeting product specifications. EEO/AA Information Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law. Responsibilities Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
Follows all Personnel Safety policies/procedures, including the use of proper PPE, as well as ensuring the safe use of required tools and equipment.
Follows all Food Safety, Quality Assurance, GMP’s and general plant policies/procedures.
Reviews PIT (Powered Industrial Truck) and mill equipment training processes, successfully complete tests and demonstrates proficiency in equipment operation to pass a demonstration of ability for the transport and storage of material
Performs operations and safety checks including, battery, brakes, lift controls, fluids, and fire extinguisher, prior to using any material handling equipment.
Responsible for loading and unloading trucks. Checking documents required to ensure job is being done correctly and without damage.
Independently sets up, inspects and safely and efficiently operates multiple pieces of equipment/machinery.
Inspects products for overall appearance according to customer and QA/Food Safety requirements and communicates with supervisor when non-conforming products are present.
Communicates with production supervisors/managers to ensure that all parties are aware of any safety or environmental issues.
At end of shift, secures all equipment, performs general housekeeping duties and turns in all required paperwork.
Complete snecessary production paperwork for documenting process parameters and production requirements.
Reads and interprets production paperwork and other data tracking materials. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1+ years of manufacturing operation experience.
Previous production equipment and machinery operation experience and experience in food industry highly desirable.
Previous forklift or bobcat experience/licensure.
Basic mathematical skills required; addition and subtraction, multiplication and division.
Strong written communication skills.
Must be detailed oriented and be able to read, understand and execute instructions. Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
May be required to work long hours and weekendsas department and plant operations demand. Supervisory Responsibilities This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Frequently required to stand, sit, walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
Frequent use of Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT’s) both standing and sitting. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area. Refer this job to a friend Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Connect With Us! Not ready to apply?for general consideration. ID2017-6771 Job LocationsUS-IA-Sioux City CategoryOperations/Production/Environmental TypeFull-Time FLSA StatusNon-Exempt Shift1st Shift
Saw And Mill Operator
Operate automatic band and cold saws processing metal bar stock. Plus, warehouse operations; lift truck, material retrieval. Required skills: Ability to read and use common measuring gages, basic math skills and the ability read and speak English. Medical, and normal benefit provided as well as 401K. (SEP). Starting range $15 to $17/ hr.
CNC Mill Setup / Operator - Direct Hire - Excellent Benefits
CNC Vertical Mill Setup/Operator-Direct Hire
Position: CNC Vertical Mill Setup/Operator-Direct Hire
Location: LeRoy Area
Hours: Monday-Friday 4:00pm-12:30am Monday-Friday OT as needed
Benefits: 100% paid medical and dental benefits. Life insurance, short term and long term disability, 401k with match, excellent vacation package
Education: High School Diploma/GED Required
Previous Experience: 5 years minimum experience with the operation and set up of vertical mills (Haas or Mean-Soon preferred, however will consider others). Heavy drilling and tapping experience required. Must be able to work independently and perform tool offsets and basic edits.
· Working from blue prints, sketches, specifications, verbal or written instructions, sets up, adjusts, programs, and operates a computerized numerical control (CNC) machining center. Incumbent will be familiar with the operation manual and will be required to perform all operation functions as described in the manual. Reports directly to the area Production Lead.
· May perform set up and parts handling on a two pallet system if required, providing maximum machine utilization and efficiency.
· Performs milling, drilling, boring, threading, grooving, reaming, and all other machining center operations on sub- assemblies.
· Using instructions contained in the operation manual, performs the necessary functions related to the set up of the machine. This requires an understanding of the nomenclature and codes for data entry into computer console. May be required to use PC and software to write programs.
· Establishes standard boundary parameters for feeds, speeds, and other machine limits.
· Selects operation sequences for data entry and reviews a CRT display to check for accuracy of data input.
· Forms in process inspection, periodically verifying conformance to drawings, specifications and operation sheets, using such measuring instruments as scales, calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, etc.
· Maintains quality standards to achieve required tolerances.
· The size, positioning, etc. of the work piece or tooling may require the use of hand or power driven material handling equipment.
· May recommend tooling applications and sequences for new or unusual operations.
· May perform some set ups and instructional training for machinists of other job classifications.
· Will be required to supply several personal tools such as scale, square, tape, hammer, wrench, dial calipers, etc. as determined by the supervisor.
· Will be required to manually debur various parts.
· Observes safe working procedures and conforms to good housekeeping standards.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the area Production Lead or his/her designate.
· 5 years minimum experience with the operation and set up of vertical mills (Haas or Mean-Soon preferred, however will consider others). Heavy drilling and tapping experience required. Must be able to work independently and perform tool offsets and basic edits.
· Experience machining larger parts preferred
· High school diploma, GED, or BOCES required.
· Will be required to pass a machining test
· May be required to move items up to 60 pounds for distances of up to 10 feet. May be required to stand, stoop, bend, kneel and squat for extended periods of time. May be exposed to fumes or dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and moderate to loud noise levels. Must wear appropriate protective gear and clothing as necessary.
Manual Mill And Lathe Machine Operator
We are looking for a Manual Machine Operator with Mill and Lathe experience. Please apply in person at AllPro Personnel 13500 Midway Rd Suite #200 Dallas, TX 75244.
13500 Midway Rd Suite #200
Dallas, TX 75244
Machine Operator / CNC Mill And Lathe - 2Nd Or 3Rd Shift Openings
The Machine Operator is qualified to run the machine on their own with minimal supervision. The Machine Operator will make minor adjustments &/or tool settings and will work with the Lead Person for any major adjustments.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Reads and interprets work instructions for product specifications, dimensions, tolerances, and tooling instructions.
- Observes operation of machine(s) and verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications and dimensional tolerances as well as visually inspects parts for non-conformance.
- Follow standard operating production procedures and work instructions. Perform work in a systematic manner to ensure all steps are carried out in proper sequence.
- Read measuring devices to ensure quality standards are met. If the operation is causing quality issues, the machine operator will stop production and consult with the Lead Person, Quality and/or Supervisor.
- Make minor machine adjustments &/or tool settings during operation.
- Record production results upon completion of job order or at the end of the day if job order is not completed.
- Properly disposition scrap by completing scrap tag and moving to reject hold area or QC reject area.
- Responsible for all housekeeping & “5S” activities. Performs major cleanup as required.
- Follow and complete daily work assignments as directed.
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner. Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting production quotas based on established labor standards.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Knowledge and skill:
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing whole numbers and decimals
- Ability to convert fractions to decimals and vice versa
- Ability to calculate percentages
- Basic computer skills including typing and ability to enter data into Bettcher workstations
- Verify the setup and operation of gages and other measuring equipment
- Ability to demonstrate proper usage of gages (i.e. caliper, micrometer, and depth gage).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint drawings including the understanding of dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in manufacturing machining / vocational schooling
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on a repetitive basis; and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
CNC Mill Operator
North Austin Manufacturer Seeking a Skilled CNC Mill Operator
Full Time, Temp-to-Hire (approx. 3 mo. probationary period before eligible for permanent hire by company for good performance, attendance, etc.)
Shift: 7 am to 3:30pm Monday through Friday
Pay: $16 to $22 per hour DOE (Depends on
Experience)CNC Mill Operator
The responsibilities for this job will be: to produce machined wood parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) Holz-Her Unimaster 7226 Machining Center, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, maintaining equipment and supplies, sharpening and replacing worn tools, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances, planning stock inventory, and anticipating needed stock.
- 6 months or more of experience setting up and operating a CNC mill required. (Candidates with CNC experience with machines other than mills need not apply).
- Strong work ethic required.
- Record of excellent workplace attendance, tardiness history required, along with ability and desire to maintain such required.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs unassisted required.
- Willingness to submit to and pass criminal background check and drug screen required.
- HS Diploma/GED or higher required.
- Prior experience working with wood a plus.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!