Collar Feller Handstitching Machine Job Description Sample
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world's cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what's possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world's toughest challenges.
This position sets up and operates a manual drilling machine of various lengths and widths of bar stock and is responsible for preparing production reports and performs miscellaneous clean up duties.
The successful candidate must be able to perform the following essential functions:
A. Reads work instructions or receives verbal instructions from supervisor or leader.
B. Sets up machine, including breaking down previous set up and disposing of machine components.
Reads shop prints and instructions to determine job specifications, including identifying stock dimensions, hole location and dimension and machining tolerances.
Determines requirements for tools and withdraws items from tool room.
Sets up face-off slide including changing out face and back plates.
Repositions steadyrests on machine bed, including loosening hold down bolts with Allen wrench, pushing or pulling steadyrest into position.
Repositions face-off slide and whip supports on machine bed.
Removes head from drill bar, utilizing 36 inch pipe wrench manually, or turning pipe wrench by utilizing overhead crane to pull on wrench handle.
Unloads drill bar from machine, including loosening whip supports and tail stock, pulling bar out of hip supports and chucks, and positioning on wheeled rack.
Pushes wheeled rack to move drill bars to and from bar storage racks.
Loads drill bar into machine, including pushing and guiding end of bar into position in first whip support pushing bar through whip supports, chucks, and positions and tightening whip supports and tail stock.
Attaches head to drill bar, tightening head by hand or with 36 inch pipe wrench.
Inserts cutting tools into head, utilizing machinists hammer to seat tools.
Attaches or removes coolant return connecting pipe to tail of drill bar, including lifting connecting pipe into position attaching or removing collar, and tightening or loosening collar with 36 inch pipe wrench, chain wrench, or hammer.
C. Loads bar stock into machine for boring and unloads finished stock.
Pushes loaded trolley into or out of building.
Attaches sling to sleeve and moves sleeve to and from stock, utilizing one hand to operate controls of overhead crane to support and move sleeve, while simultaneously guiding sleeve into position around end of stock with second hand.
Positions sleeve on stock by manually pushing or pulling into place.
Loosens or tightens sleeve hold down bolts, utilizing Allen wrench and calipers to ensure bar stock is centered inside sleeve while tightening.
Attaches sling to stock and moves stock to and from machine, utilizing one hand to operate controls of overhead crane to support and move stock, while simultaneously guiding stock in position with second hand.
Tightens chuck jaws around stock, utilizing 22 inch chuck wrench to manually rotate chuck, and tighten jaws.
Raises or lowers steadyrest heads.
D. Operates Machine.
Activates controls to move cutting head into position against bar stock.
Starts up and operates machine, setting and adjusting speeds and feeds from control panel.
Monitors operation of machine, including checking stock inside diameter with micrometer, bore length with tape measure, chips in coolant exhaust stream, etc.
Removes and replaces cutting tools, including adjusting position of drill bar for retooling, utilizing 36 inch pipe wrench to turn bar.
E.Other miscellaneous duties as instructed by Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- HSD or GED with a minimum of 2 years of machine operating experience.
- HSD or GED with a minimum of 1 year as a previously certified TMS operator.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Machine & Tooling Sales Repreentative
- A background in CNC applications, service and/or operation of machine tools
- At least five years experience in machine tool, industrial or capital equipment sales
- Desire to be the commission leader in the field
- Experience with tooling, fixturing and CNC programming
- Highly motivated, independent worker
- Exceptional customer following and loyalty; relationship builder
- Excellent computer follow-up and tracking skills
- Executive image and conduct
Machine Learning & Distributed Ledger Sr. Engineer
• Responsible for delivery in the areas of: data science/machine learning & Distributed Ledger including technology implementations and algorithm development
• Write software (in Python/R/Java) to extract, clean and manipulate large datasets both structured and unstructured
• Construct data staging layers and fast real-time systems to feed machine learning algorithms
• Review and independently test the effectiveness and accuracy of Image Analytics, NLP and machine learning models
• Utilize expertise in models that leverage the newest data sources, technologies, and tools, such as machine learning, Python, Hadoop, AWS, as well as other cutting-edge tools and applications for Machine Learning.
• Investigate the impact of new technologies, applications, and data sources on the future of secondary mortgage business
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools and paradigms to deploy cutting edge solutions.
• Develop both deployment architecture and scripts for automated system deployment in AWS
• Create large scale deployments using newly researched methodologies
• Work in Agile environment
• Experience mentoring junior engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
• Comprehensive knowledge of modern statistical learning methods
• At least 5 years’ experience with machine learning and natural language processing
• At least 5 years’ experience with Distributed Ledger technologies
• 5+ years of experience working with AWS
• At least 5 years’ experience in Python (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, Theras, Theano) and any other open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
• At least 7+ years’ experience in Java
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science
• 2+ years of experience working with financial data
• 5+ years of experience in Python (including NLP) for large scale data analysis
• 7+ years of experience with SQL & relational databases
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to work both independently and in project teams
Senior Machine Builder – Custom Industrial Equipment
Position Title Senior Machine Builder – Custom Industrial Equipment - MI #5069
Location Grand Rapids MI
The Senior Machine Builder constructs mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems for custom factory automation equipment. This role participates in the coordination and integration of equipment and involves liaising with mechanical design engineers, controls engineers, machining specialists and project managers in accordance with all applicable plans. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Read and interpret drawings and blue prints
Devise a plan for the build of complex assemblies
Troubleshoot mechanical issues
Manage time and expectations across multiple projects
Work well in a team environment
Ensure that changes and problems are documented and communicated properly
Assist with preparing material for secondary processes
Communicate with team members on project progress
Effectively and safely operate hand and power tools, mills, lathes, drill press, surface grinder, saws, and shears
Maintain cleanliness and organization of assigned work area
Tools required to perform position efficiently
Ability to train and teach less experienced machine builders
Education and Experience Requirements
Three (3) years minimum building custom industrial equipment or machines
High school degree or equivalent
Basic computer skills
Search For: machine builder, industrial
Electrical Engineer - Machine Control Design
- BMEE or AAS EE with commensurate experience.
- 5-10 Years of experience in electrical machine control design field.
- Proficient with Promis*e V8i
- PLCM principles and strategies
- Experience with TeamCenter is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in electrical hardware design and working knowledge of NEC, NFPA, CE Requirements.
- Demonstrated experience is engineering design deliverables to support construction and manufacturing.
- Work on-site at the client’s technical center in Cincinnati.
- Travel may be required to the client’s Manufacturing facilities or vendors. 1 or 2 trips maximum per year.
- Computer System and all software to be provided by client for the fulfilment of their duties of the role.
- Scope of Work
- Provide Electrical design support to create & post engineering documentation for client’s machine control equipment upgrades.
- Resource will supplement initiative execution with on-going support to research obsolete component replacement, document design work flow, and to assist in creating various study item designs & option analysis.
- To be the cross-platform technical lead driving convergence and harmonization globally across the entire equipment platform.
- Actively participates in design reviews of projects
- Engineering deliverables & documentation to be created per initiative:
- Issuing Commercial Parts Requests & SAP/MMR assignment requests.
- Creating new Assembly BOM’s
- Revising & Reposting existing BOM’s
- Creating Removed Parts Lists
- Creating Recommended Spares documentation
- Engineering drawings
- Creating simple drawings for minor upgrades that can be provided to a design contract firm to implement into the design packages.
- Working directly with designers & OEMs to ensure drawings meet Client’s standards for inclusion into TeamCenter.
- Develop Engineering Instructions or manage standards of instructions in support of equipment installation and start up.
- IQ/OQ/PSI creation.
- Loading deliverables into proper TeamCenter structure
- Other Expectations:
- Interaction with multiple organizations to deliver complete documentation.
- 3rd party OEM’s to organize & update engineering deliverables.
- Interface with plant engineering & design resources for documentation requirements and details.
- Interface with Client’s central resources for initiative documentation details.
Controls Engineer - Machine Builder
Why work here?:
- Variation of projects in the automotive industry
- High level of independence and ownership of projects
- Flexible work hours
- Family-based culture
- Health insurance premiums for employee AND family covered 100%!
- Simple IRA company match up to 3%
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal days
- Travel to Germany for training!
- Lead the development of software machine concepts, design of control software, integration of software with electrical and mechanical systems, process development and machine installation at customer sites worldwide for assigned projects.
- Function as the software leader in working with the mechanical and electrical designers during the design process to develop a controls system that will enable the machine to perform its intended function.
- Work with project managers, customers, designers, toolmakers, and electricians to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete functional system.
- Accurately report software design status to the Controls Software Manager.
- Design and develop software programs (PLC and/or PC based) specific to customer and project requirements based on standard company U.S. programming methods.
- Select, test, and integrate hardware and software components such as robots, analog devices, motion controllers, sensors, vision systems, lasers, and other control related hardware.
- Verify that the software design package is complete, accurate, and safe based on sound design practices and accepted standards, prior to release to the shop floor.
- Debug and commission control systems at our facility during the system integration stage and then at the customer’s site during installation.
- Provide thorough testing of machine functionality to verify that the software program meets the project requirements.
- Provide accurate documentation for each project.
- Provide customer with training specific to their current project. i.e.: machine operation, programming principles, program structure, solving technical issues.
- Travel, as required, to customer and supplier sites to perform installation, commissioning, and training duties.
- BS degree in engineering or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years programming and troubleshooting experience with current controls hardware and programming software in the industrial automation environment.
- Extensive knowledge of programming languages and software development for PLCs/PCs, motion control, robotics, and vision.
- Proven leadership qualities including good oral and written communication skills, ability to work with and motivate team members, and a desire to take responsibility for key aspects of the software design needed for project completion.
- Experience in the assembly of special purpose machines, automation or robotics.
- An ability to work effectively with customers according to deadlines and under pressure-filled conditions is essential.
- Willingness to travel and to work on weekends/Holidays (as needed) up to 40% per year
- Self-directed and results-driven
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Keeping a daily record of hours worked and preparation of various reports
Machine Maintenance Technician
Repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
The following job/task functions have been identified as the core functions of this position. However, the supervisor or manager may assign additional duties associated with this position.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts.
- Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and clutches.
- Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine, and measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipe.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Repairs broken parts.
- Ability to wire and troubleshoot basic electrical control circuits.
- Performs all duties and operates machinery & equipment according to MIOSHA standards and company procedures using required safety equipment (gloves, sleeves, ear plugs, etc.).
- Modifies computer controlled motion of robot.
- Assists Engineer to modify sketches or computer generated designs of machine components such as hydraulic system and drive mechanism.
- Punctual and regular attendance is required.
- Able and willing to work any shift assigned.
- Keeps work areas clean and orderly.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Assumes other duties as directed by supervisor.
All associates are required to conform to TS 16949 and ISO 14001 standards and procedures
CNC Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
Machine Operator 4
2nd Shift - Monday to Friday from 3pm-11pm
MOLD PM ASSOCIATE – TOOL ROOM
With minimal supervisory guidance, performs preventative maintenance on plastic injection molds.
Works from prints or written/verbal instructions given by supervisor and engineering to perform minor repairs and insert changes on molds.
Performs various functions associated with shipping and receiving molds.
Works with database systems to document all tool related activities.
Disassemble and re-assemble molds of various sizes and levels of complexity
Perform cleaning and lubricating of mold components
Maintain MUD, 30T, 85T 150T, 200T and 300T mold preventative maintenance programs
Operate chain hoist and lift trucks to aid in handling of molds
Operate tool room equipment to perform minor repairs and production as needed
Locate and follow prints and documented instructions to make insert changes
Interact with database systems to research and document tooling activities
Perform housekeeping activities to maintain a clean and safe work environment
Embraces change and responds quickly and constructively to changing requirements and priorities
Machine Design Technician II
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Machine Design Technician II. This position is responsible for assisting engineers in developing and maintaining quality engineering methodologies and providing quality technical support within new product development, manufacturing, or system/services support.
Each employee can make a difference at St. Jude Medical and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
Impact this role will have on St. Jude Medical:
Interface with internal customers to support the development of equipment for continuing production, process development and new product introductions.
Mechanical and electrical assembly of equipment.
Support process validation activities.
Troubleshoot manufacturing processes/equipment as required.
Interface with vendors as required
Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand St. Jude Medical's marketplace success:
High School degree required; 2 year technical degree preferred
2-4 years' experience
Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Prior medical device experience preferred
DIVISION:SH Structural Heart
LOCATION:United States > Minnesota : 5050 Nathan Lane N.
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link
- English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link
- Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!