Collet Gluer Job Description Sample
Second Shift Gluer Operator
Second Shift Gluer Operator Tracking Code 37318 Job Description Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues.
May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production.
Monitor quality, output and productivity. General knowledge of the more complex bindery machines (i.e. fully automatic binding machines (perfect binders), multiple station collators and multiple folding units, either individually or combined) to perform the full range of standard and specialized folds of printed materials. Thorough knowledge of the set up, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations of one or more bindery machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating and cutting of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product.
Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing bindery requirements which indicate the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and to maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used. Knowledge of the quality and machining requirements of various coated and uncoated types of paper stock. Skill in setting up and adjusting machines for finishing operations and to refine such adjustments for the weight, color, machinability and quality of paper stock being used and to prevent machining impressions on the printed materials.
Must be able to calculate distances, clearances, and fits in combining machines. Skill in using the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines. Job Location West Chester, Ohio, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible Yes
Machine Operator Folder Gluer Expert
Warwick Publishing in St. Charles, IL is seeking an experienced straight line folder/gluer operator to join our team for a first shift position. We’re looking for a machine operator who can consistently perform an efficient setup, change over, and run of small to medium quantity jobs with fast turnaround.
Monday – Thursday 6:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Friday 6:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Common jobs include:
- pocket folders
- key card holders
- document pouches
- small boxes and various folding cartons
The folders we use are Kluge and Signature brand machines. Candidates must have experience working with both, or similar style machines. Candidates should be logical thinkers, be organized, and have good problem-solving skills.
Benefits + Compensation:
- Pay is based on experience
- Full benefits including health & dental insurance
- Paid time off
- 401k eligibility after 1-year employment
- Transparent, family-owned company in business for over 90 years
To apply, interested applicants may email their resume to email@example.com
About Warwick Publishing
At Warwick Publishing, we design and manufacture a full line of custom printed promotional and marketing products such as calendars, presentation folders, and greeting cards, frames, and more. Warwick is a fourth generation family-owned company that has been manufacturing the industry’s leading custom promotional products since 1926. Warwick Publishing specializes in producing business connections in their simplest and truest form. With a full line of timeless promotional products, we help businesses of all shapes and sizes get their name in front of decision-makers nationwide to be noticed and remembered. Our marketplace-savvy and distributor-centric approach is built on four generations of family-owned and run business – producing American-made products that strengthen relationships, build brand awareness, and improve bottom lines each and every day.
Drain Basin Gluer
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the Drain Basin Gluer include, but are not limited to:
Report any shortages of consumable items to the Production Manager in order to maintain the continues flow of production
Properly identify and install branch components and cap component to the drain basin body utilizing the tools available in the department
Check all basin labels for accurate data that represents the details of what the finished product specifications call for
Organization of the department should be maintained to prevent clutter and amassing of unused product components
Monitor the quality of finished products produced to meet the standards of quality as established by Quality Manager.
- Organize work efforts such that first in first out method of production is essential Job
The Drain Basin Gluer should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Knowledge of inventory drain basin components used in final assembly of a drain basin
Ability to communicate at different levels within the organization
Ability to lift product up to 40 pounds
Ability to withstanding the intense stamina required to install branch components into a drain basin
Work well under stress and pressure of a fast paced production environment
Work in an environment where daily output is a key measurable in job performance
Able to start and finish detailed projects with minimal supervision
Attention to detail and quality
- Strong interpersonal skills Educational
High School education or equivalent. Preferred Experience:
Manufacturing experience in a production/shop floor environment
- Work in a physical demanding role Physical
Ability to lift a maximum of 100 lbs repeatedly throughout the day. .
Position requires full range of body motion including lifting, twisting, bending, reaching, pulling and pushing plus ability to mount and dismount industrial equipment
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
Ability to use hands and legs to physically handle awkward and slick pieces of PVC pipe
Ability to perform labor in extreme temperatures and temperature changes for long periods of time
Ability to withstand strong odor from glue and primmer Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ID: 2017-3909 External Company URL: http://www.ads-pipe.com/en/
Flexo Folder Gluer Utility
The Flexo Folder Gluer Operator is responsible for setup of the machine, operation of the machine, finished goods from the machine, order documentation, product quality, and crew safety. This position requires an intimate knowledge of Flexo Folder Gluers.ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keeping a SAFE and CLEAN work environment
- Setup of order from start to finish with assistance from the Helper
- Maintain acceptable product quality
- Maintain acceptable production levels
- Trouble shoot running problems/changes
- All order specific documentation
- Finished Goods / Waste counts
- Document and be accountable for non-conforming product
- Communicate maintenance related needs with the maintenance department through Supervisor
- Crew development in conjunction with Supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Basic math skills
- Read English
- Verbally communicate in English
- Write in English
- Use of a standard tape measure
Previous Work Experience
- Minimum one year in the corrugated industry
The employee must be able to communicate in English as it applies to plant specific documentation, safety training and safety regulations.
Folder Gluer Operator
Position Title Folder Gluer Operator - CT #3627
Location Naugatuck CT
* Make ready, operate and maintain folder-gluer.
* Identify, troubleshoot and correct product defects caused by gluers.
* Identify job ticket specifications and set and operate machine to published specifications.
* Identify and make basic repairs to Finishing Department equipment.
* Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on folder gluers.
* Enter production data electronically.
* Be able to fold and glue both SBS and plastic cartons.
* Run a folder gluer at high speeds.
* Be able to use hot melt, extrusion and pot adhesive application systems.
* Be able to use label application equipment for security tags, labels and coupons.
* Be able to use high speed imprinting equipment.
* Make ready, operate and maintain a rigid window application machine.
* Make ready, operate and maintain a flexible window application machine.
* Make ready and run both in-line and auto-bottom folding cartons.
* Maintain housekeeping standards.
* Achieve targeted performance standards on make-ready, run, non-chargeable times and scrap.
* Provide daily feedback to supervision regarding all aspects of shift activities.
* Complete forms, logs, and records as required.
* Adhere to safety rules.
* Follow direction of Shift Team Leader
Minimum Educational Level:
* High school education or GED.
* Read, write, and speak English.
* Basic math skills.
* Take and pass a mechanical aptitude test.
* Be able to work overtime.
* Be flexible with respect to required shift.
* Must have own tools.
Minimum 5 years of experience as Folder/Gluer Operator
SKILLS NEEDED (Note: Candidate may be disqualified if these requirements are not met)
* Basic mechanical ability and aptitude.
* Effectively interact with others in a team environment
* Able to lift/move/carry up to 40 lbs.
* Prior mechanical experience
* Prior machine operator experience
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. High school education or GED.
2. 5+ years of experience as a Folder / Gluer Operator.
Folding Industry - Gluer Operators
The folder gluer operator is responsible to set up and operate all ancillary equipment related to the folder gluers and effectively lead a gluing crew.
· Jagenberg Diana Pro 114
· Jagenberg 105
· Tamerack Window machine
· Label-aire applicator
- Make ready, operate and maintain folder-gluer.
- Identify, troubleshoot and correct product defects caused by gluers.
- Identify job ticket specifications and set and operate machine to published specifications.
- Identify and make basic repairs to Finishing Department equipment.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on folder gluers.
- Enter production data electronically.
- Be able to fold and glue on multiple substrates (SBS, SUS, CCNB, BC, Plastics).
- Run a folder gluer at high speeds.
- Be able to use hot melt, extrusion and pot adhesive application systems.
- Be able to use label application equipment for security tags, labels and coupons.
- Be able to use bar code scan equipment in order to prevent part mixing.
- Make ready, operate and maintain a rigid window application machine.
- Make ready, operate and maintain a flexible window application machine.
- Make ready and run both in-line and auto-bottom folding cartons
- Maintain housekeeping standards.
- Achieve targeted performance standards on make-ready, run, non-chargeable times and scrap.
- Provide daily feedback to supervision regarding all aspects of shift activities.
- Complete forms, logs, and records as required.
- Adhere to all safety rules.
- Follow direction of Shift Supervisor
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma
- College education preferred
- 3-5+ years in industry specific experience
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficient in math, writing and computer skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including effective interpersonal skills.
- Capable of effectively managing a production crew.
- Must be detail oriented and possess a working knowledge of industry specific information.
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Must be able to read measurements (tape, rule, caliper)
· Physical Demands:
- Job function requires lifting to a maximum of 50 pounds with intermittent stooping and bending.
- Job function requires the ability to work in a standing position continuously.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Bobst Folder Gluer And/Or Bobst Die Cutter Operator
We are an independently owned and operated manufacturer of corrugated packaging and POP displays. We currently have an opening for a first and second shift folder gluer operator. This position will be responsible for all activities related to the
Bobst Folder Gluer.Folder Gluer
-Set up equipment and run efficiently
- Inspect raw material and finished product as well as printing and cutting dies
- Preventitive maintenance
- Adjustments to machine as necessary
- Recommend Improvements to management
Ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
-Specific knowledge related to the machine and it's capabilities, and safety requirements.
- Experience running specialty folder gluers (3 years).
- Ability to work weekday and weekend overtime as required.
Bobst Die Cutter
• Set up and run Bobst Diecutter based on production schedule to include pre-make ready of job, setting up tooling and locking dies.
• Program Diecutter via Cube.
• May be necessary at times to assemble stripping units and blanking units.
• Pre-set tooling for locking dies, stripping unit and blanket unit.
• Perform preventative maintenance as required.
Experience / Education Requirements
-2 Years experience
Highschool or GED equivalent
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Primary tasks will be set-up and operation of the folder/gluer.
Maintenance of folder/gluer.
Supervise crew of folder/gluer.
Complete operator’s report and other reporting requirements.
Maintain cleanliness of floor area.
Minimum of two years of experience in the operation of folder/gluer.
Must be willing to work rotating day/night shifts (10-12 hours).
Lead Folder Gluer Operator
OPEN POSITION FOLDER/GLUER OPERATOR FOR A GROWING OHIO PRINTING COMPANY, WE ARE INSTALLING A BRAND NEW MOLL F/G MACHINE.
CANDIDATE NEEDS 5 YEARS MINIMUM EXPERIENCE IN BINDERY SIDE OF PRINT OPERATIONS.
Must have understanding of hot and cold glue functions, auto tipping and knowledge of post press production functions.
We offer 401k, all health benefits, and a good starting salary, we are a growing print company in Loveland do not miss this opportunity.
Folder Gluer Production Supervisor
Folder Gluer Production Supervisor Folder Gluer Production Supervisor
High Speed Folder Gluers, production scheduling, Supervision of Folder Gluer Operators, Paper or Cardboard, Printing We're one of the largest privately owned packaging manufacturers in the US. We provide customers large and small with all of their packaging needs from graphics to total packaging services in an ISO 9001 Compliant Environment. If you are a Production Supervisor or Manager with folder gluer experience, please read on!
What You Will Be Doing - Manage the Scheduling of High Speed Folder Gluers
Supervise Finishing Activities
Assist in Preventative Maintenance of Folder Gluers
What You Need for this Position At Least 2 Years of experience and knowledge of:
High Speed Folder Gluers
Supervision of Machine Operators
Paper or Cardboard
Printing What's In It for You - Excellent Base Salary between $65-85k
Great PTO and Paid Holidays
Healthy Retirement Package So, if you are a Production Supervisor or Manager with folder gluer experience, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Folder Gluer Production SupervisorMA-LowellMY1-1417586
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!