Color Mixer Job Description Sample
Color Quality Control Technician
PDQ Skilled Trades is now hiring a quality control technician will assist in the development of Quality Control procedures, specifications, testing, and verification of products. Products will include adhesives, mortars, textured coatings, and paint-specialty products. Additional responsibility will be to review and analyze incoming raw materials and other products. He/She will assist the QC Manager/Supervisor in controlling the quality of the product flow on site, raw materials, packaging, manufactured products, customer returns, etc.
Formula and batch preparation as it pertains to the verification of quality
Product testing and preliminary analysis of QC procedures and specifications
Monitor and record received samples and retains from QC departments
Keep accurate records in notebook and in electronic form
Maintain and calibrate plant and laboratory equipment
Keep a clean laboratory
Follow lab policies and procedures
Perform quality control tests.
Work with QC supervisor to carry out product testing.
Maintain test procedures.
Maintain laboratory equipment.
Maintain MSDS and technical data.
Maintain an organized, clean, safe work environment.
Maintain record(s) of test results in an organized authorized manner.
To receive raw materials (administrative reception, control of the receiver, filing).
To control the conformance to the unloading procedures
To make sure the supplier / driver follows the procedures during unloading and / or filling up of the silos
To inform the purchasing manager, QC supervisor and Plant Manager in case of abnormalities with the supply scheduling or abnormalities with the raw materials.
To validate the production campaign after quality control and promptly inform whoever is concerned in case of non-conformance
To participate in the improvement of quality control measures
To apply and make apply the safety rules
Knowledge of JDEdwards software (preferred, not required) for formal closing of work orders, data entry on receiving log (excel and JDE)
To assure the high quality of products which define Parex USA as an innovative leader in the building industry.
Operate a number of laboratory instruments (viscometer, Spectrophotometer, Hobart Mixer and others), be able to measure liquid and powders accurately and perform mathematical calculations needed in a laboratory environment. Be able to perform multiple tasks efficiently including but not limited to a minimum of intermediate/working knowledge of PC computers and Windows software. Good oral and written communication skills for tasks such as writing memos and report on test results.
Minimum requirement is a High School diploma or GED. Some college level courses in chemistry and/or previous laboratory experience are preferred. Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to calculate area and volume and to apply basic concepts of geometry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 90 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Sometimes, the QC tech will be asked to help out in the production area. Strong production background or experience is preferred.
Employee will hold a forklift license after proper training has been provided. He/She must be able to drive the forklift when needed, either for QC needs or production needs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job in a manufacturing lab environment. Work can also be conducted in plant area, yard environment independent of weather condition. Employee will be required to use all personal protective safety equipment required for this position.
To be considered, click apply now.
Margarine Mixer Operator
We are currently working with a direct client in need of a margarine mixer operator for 1st shift 6 am M-F. This is a local family owned business operating for over 55 years in the community. Offering excellent room for advancement, educational assistance, and career opportunities within the baking industry.
What You Will Be Doing:
Observe production and monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation. Record operational AND/OR production data on specified forms. Dump or pour specified amounts of ingredients into batch tanks. Transfer materials, supplies, or products between work areas, using moving equipment or hand tools. Examine materials, ingredients, or products visually or with hands to ensure conformance to established standards. Start equipment to mix or blend ingredients; then allow them to mix for specified times.
- Ability to stand for 8-10 hours consistently (around meals and breaks).
- Ability to walk on flat and uneven surfaces.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs and ladders.
- Ability to work in a temperature controlled environment of 40-85 degrees.
- Able to handle frozen product with hands.
- Ability to grasp, grip, sort, group together, and separate product with hands.
- Ability to lift from floor to waist, and waist to shoulder 25lbs-50lbs.
- Bend, pull, push, twist, stoop, and squat.
- Ability to use back to lift, pull and push objects.
- Ability to stretch and reach over to grab objects.
- Ability to work in a normal bakery atmosphere and the situations it may expose such as loud noises, strong smells, and dust/flour.
- Ability to perform operational/manufacturing functions in order to keep the process viable.
- Must have the gift of sight/vision, be able to define color; for color code policy purposes.
- Balanced equilibrium.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be able to add volume (quarts, cups) and weight (pounds, ounces).
- Must have the ability to read and follow instructions and recipes.
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems and work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate issues with supervisor
- Must have previous experience within a manufacturing setting performing similar duties and/or education related to the food industry.
- Must be organized and an adapter thinker.
- GED or High School Certification/Diploma or equivalent experience required.
For immediate consideration please apply today. All qualified applicants will be contacted for an initial phone screen to be followed up by a client onsite interview.
We are a team of human resource experts who provide creative staffing solutions for clients, and career opportunities for associates. Our history of making successful connections between our clients and associates since 1997 has resulted in thousands of new jobs and new hires! We have proven to be successful across the full spectrum of employment solutions - from entry-level to professional, temporary to direct hire.
A Full Continuum of Solutions - that's what we deliver!
Our success comes from understanding and striving to meet the specific needs of the job seekers we serve, and delivering results through our value-driven approach. Our intense devotion to our industry, employees, and clients is why we're recognized as a leader in our industry.
Like we always say, it’s not who you know alone, it’s who we know together. We want to be your partner and help you meet your career goals.
Concrete Mixer Drivers
Concrete Mixer Drivers:
1 year commercial driving experience
Competitive pay and benefits
Monthly safety bonus program
40 hour guarantee
Paid Holidays and uniforms
Locations - Anna, Aubrey, Lewisville & Prosper, TX
Nelson Bros. Ready Mix, Ltd.
Apply at www.drive4us.net
2nd Shift = Monday to Friday, 1:00 pm to 9:30 pm * add $.50/hr shift premium to base pay
NOTE ABOUT PAY RATE: The high end of the pay range below represents the additional earning potential in our Pay-for-Skills program. All candidates start at the same base rate of pay.
To accurately prepare and properly mix the various batters, icings, fillings and crusts used to create Sweet Street products. The major end results of the job are products that look and taste consistent with the standards established with the original formulas. This position is expected to be able to mix any of the formulas for the product line.
- Order necessary ingredients and in correct quantities as needed from scaling.
- Mix ingredients using machines, properly timing and monitoring for quality.
- Add ingredients in proper order and at the right time to produce expected results.
- Coordinate completion of mixed items with depositors.
- Spot check all scaled ingredients.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Prior manufacturing experience.
- Strong aptitude with numbers and measurements; must pass in-house math aptitude test.
- Ability to properly lift and carry up to 75 lbs. throughout shift.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Must be able to communicate in English (read, write and converse) in order to receive written and verbal job and safety instructions, comprehend hazardous material labeling, follow production schedule, and prepare graphs, weights and other production reports as required.
Today, Sweet Street is the leading innovator in the dessert industry. We’re still owned and operated by Sandy and headquartered in Reading where Sandy is also the head of research and development, leading a team of like-minded, passionate researchers and recipe developers who now bake for restaurants in over 60 countries, on every continent.
In 2014, we established a new manufacturing facility in Greenville, South Carolina, allowing us to expand production capacity and more easily and efficiently reach our growing customer base in markets across North and South America
Though Sweet Street’s reach is global, our passion for artful food and dedication to quality and innovation remains the motivation behind every one of our products. The sweetness of dessert is beloved by every culture on this planet of ours. In this spirit, all of us at Sweet Street invite you to a culinary experience destined to be shared with cherished family and friends.
Mixer Truck Driver
Concrete Delivery specialist needed for North Jacksonville location as well as St Augustine location.
Experienced Mixer & Painter
Industrial Painter experience needed for manufacturing company in Rancho Cucamonga.
- Paint mixing experience
- Attention to detail
- Able to use specific painting tools
- Basic math skills
- Reliable transportation
- Able to be at work on time and has an excellent work history.
- Paint Machine experience
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug test and is able to work in the
- Repaint parts, touch up paint. Replace defective parts and do any preventative maintenance required. Organization of parts as required completing repairs.
- Perform inspection tasks
- Perform painting tasks using/operating an industrial paint sprayer
- Other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Ensure painting is to company expectations
This is a Tempt to Hire Position
M-F 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
This position is responsible for performing all the activities pertaining to mixing ingredients for the production of food products; contributes to the team’s efforts in obtaining production efficiencies and follows methods and instructions when mixing ingredients. The employee must follow the Health and Safety and Food Safety programs, processes and procedures.
* Operates two of the following machines/equipment within the savory area: Mixers, stove, Likwifier, kettles, Hobart Mixers, Turbo Mixer, In Line Mixer, VCM and chopping machines and pallet jacks, as required. Uses tools as knives, calculators, brushes, thermometer and other kitchen utensils.
* Ensures consistency quality and coloring of the batches according to product specifications.
* Completes batch cards for every batch produced – records weights per batch and processes all batch cards at the end of the shift.
* Performs area housekeeping as required.
* Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related tasks as directed.
* Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education preferred; or up to one year related experience or training in a manufacturing assembly environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certificate in AIB preferred but not required.
Compounder Color Cosmetics
Working knowledge in other areas of skin care like emulsion based products and hair care products will be added advantage to candidate.
Must have 2-3 year of hand on work experience in color cosmetics.
MUST be able to pass a color matching test.
Must be able to understand basic skin care ingredients used in skin care and color cosmetics.
Preparation of samples to be sent out to client for approval on daily basis.
Preparation/filling of large amount of samples needed clinical studies.
Able to perform routine laboratory tests including but not limited to pH analysis, Viscosity measurement, Specific gravity measurement, percentage solids, fill weight determination.
Completing/maintaining the documentation pertaining lab batches/experiments.
Preparation of samples for initiating the prelim stability.
Able to maintain good documentation and GLP.
Help the R&D staff to get raw materials from warehouse for the preparation of lab batches.
Maintain the lab equipment calibration and keep them clean as per GLP.
Must have knowledge of working with word & excel program.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by management
Knowledge of cGMP procedures and knowledge of safety and OSHA regulations.
Fair knowledge of Excel and PC based software skills.
Proactive and team player. On job training for other skills will be provided.
Sitting 20 % Walking 45 % Standing 35%
Near acuity (clarity of vision at 20 inches or less) Speaking-ordinary speech/English
Hearing-ordinary conversation Fingering-computer keyboard
Office work environment
Exposure to fluorescent lights
No extreme climate or climate variation
Color Specialist - must have an excellent eye for color and be able to reproduce colors on various platforms, including water-based and solvent finishes. Knowledge of UV coatings and reactive stains a huge plus.
If you have experience in working with matching colors as in painting cars or painting mixing, please feel to apply. You will be trained/
The company offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.
Please include your salary history and desired earning potential with your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
Color Formulator/Quality Control Technician
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to match colors and produce concentrate & liquid color samples. Develops color formulas for plastic materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates all laboratory equipment a safe manner according to the machine's Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). This may include the following: injection molding machines, spectrophotomers, ash oven, melt flow indexers, blenders/mixers, and other equipment.
- Performs color matching and quality control of samples with close or minimal supervision.
- Prepares color batch formula in the form of concentrate & liquid samples for use by laboratory and/or production in manufacturing of product.
- Compares finished matches and product with customer's sample to verify color compatibility.
- Maintains files containing color chips and formulas for each match for use as standard.
- Maintains inventory and retain systems.
- Completes required reports and clerical duties such as computer entry and filing.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma and 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledgeable of variety of pigments, resins, and additives used in color concentrates & liquid color manufacturing.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra. Ability to convert pounds to metric values.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook as well as other web based software.
Must be able to pass color test.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Employee must be able to communicate with others and have the ability to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close , color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
Safety Follows all company work rules, safety practices, wearing of personal protection equipment, and perform miscellaneous duties as directed by management or supervision.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!