Colorist Job Description Sample
Merrell believes nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell hiking boots, trail running shoes and apparel are built on Merrell’s outdoor heritage, quality and performance. The trail is the core of our design philosophy and has continued to guide us in the development of innovative products that inspire and enable enjoyment of the outdoors. GENERAL FUNCTION Responsible for identifying and applying relevant design, material and color trends to seasonal product. Assist in the development of seasonal color and material palettes and graphic inspiration for product development and outside designers
Working with Materials and Trend Directors to integrate information from various trend services to produce seasonal color palettes.
Supporting the creation of season stories and mood boards for early product ideas while working with the Color Manager and Design director.
Presenting trend and color stories at key meetings.
Developing seasonal patterns.
Participating in and influencing all product development milestone meetings.
Apply seasonal color & material palettes to product, including: graphics, logos, hardware, textile, leather, etc.
Preparing accurate product specifications (color cads, artwork) and tech packs with the guidance of the product creation team.
Following up on details and specifications with our Asia development team.
Working with production graphic designer and product quality team to ensure accurate communication of information throughout the product creation process.
Monitor and analyze material and color usage within the product line each season
Performing duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
Performing other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Bachelor’s degree in fashion, art, textile science, or design, or equivalent work experience.
1-4 plus years’ experience in footwear and color application.
Strong understanding of the outdoor footwear and apparel market.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a desire to work on a small team.
In-depth computer knowledge with strong skills in Photoshop and Illustrator software.
Footwear experience preferred.
Ability to travel for research, tradeshows, design inspiration outings, and product review meetings. Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled). External Job Posting Title: Material Colorist External Company Name: Wolverine Worldwide External Company URL: www.wolverineworldwide.com
Hair Stylist, Hair Colorist
As an Artist at Essence Salon, you will work as a member of a highly skilled and creative team, cutting, coloring and styling hair for both men and women. You will prescribe home hair care for your guests to keep their hair looking great between visits. The environment is warm and friendly. Training and growth are constant. As a result, your hair cuts and/or colors will look awesome, last longer and be easy to maintain. Your customer service skills will continue to grow, helping you achieve a high guest return rate.
This full time position provides an hourly wage and a performance bonus based on a percentage of your service sales. You will also receive a commission for those hair care products you sell.
The successful candidate will be creative, outstanding at customer service, technically excellent and enjoy working in a team environment. This position requires a current California Barbering or Cosmetology license with status: clear.
A minimum of five years of hair cutting/coloring experience in a salon is required, with references. Salon experience credit may be given based on the quality of your formal training. Formal Sassoon training is preferred.
The next move is yours. Please submit your resume for consideration.
Our mission is to create happiness through hair styling.
We are searching for high energy, responsible and detail oriented professionals who are passionate about hair styling and the fashion industry.
For more information, visit our website: https://essencesalon.com
Busy Missy dress manufacturer/Importer seeks to hire a candidate to be their new Fabric & Color Specialist in the design team. Must have experience with color, working with the light box, etc.
Production Fabric and Color Specialist.
This person should have at least two years of experience:
-lab dip approval
-strike off approval
-bulk fabric approval
-scale and repeat approval
-experience with placement prints
-be organized and detail-oriented
-a self-starter with an impeccable eye
-maintain elevated standards of the brand's color and print quality and consistency
-manage incoming fabric submits and look at samples on a daily basis and expedite approval process
-comment on fabric quality, weight and hand feel
-comment on lab dips, strike offs, prints, etc
-verify color consistency across the board
-communicate with Design Director and Production on updates and timelines
-Simparel computer system experience a plus
Be your own BOSS Chair rentals available in a beautiful boutique salon . Looking for talented ambitious artist who just needs a space to be creative. We like to call it Hair Space. Please email us if your interested or have any questions .
Freelance Textile Colorist
Our client, a globally recognized fashion eCommerce company, is seeking a Freelance Textile Colorist to support their color and sourcing team.
Description of Company: Our client, one of the world's leading luxury fashion companies is seeking a talented Freelance Textile Colorist to join their established team. Founded on excellence, the company now offers a wide range of high quality products manufactured with the greatest attention to detail. They offer Men's, Women's Apparel, Home, and Accessories lines.
Responsibilities of the Freelance Textile Colorist:
- The Freelance Textile Colorist is responsible for designing and creating ready artwork for fabric prints
- Responsible for color and print comments, recoloring existing prints for production, and working with the Design team and Merchant team to ensure accuracy of vision
- Collaborate with Product Development team in print selection from vendors, seasonal color palette creation, trend and vision boards, and project initiatives
- Be responsible for recoloring new fabrics. Have experience with weaves, texture and color
- Able to color comment and direct Factories on adjusting colors to our specifications
- Create new layouts from purchased studio artworks
- Index and perform color separating on purchased artworks
- Create pattern repeats and detail pages for on order artworks
- Recolor artwork based on projects and seasonal trend/color direction
- Review factory samples for pattern, color, repeat and construction
- Assist the Technical Design Team in the preparations of instructions and creation of technical specs
- Assist in the creation of presentation boards
- Assist in the creation of trend boards
Qualifications for the Freelance Textile Colorist:
- Background in technical color and color/fabric knowledge
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of dyes and dyeing techniques for varied fiber contents and fabric structures; knowledge of textile structures and their influence on color appearance; knowledge of industry/fabric/color/testing standards
- Understanding of visual and instrumental color evaluation procedures with accurate and consistent technique: ability to use spectrophotometer, light boxes and other color tools
- Superior score on 100 Hue test
- Excellent color sense
- Ability to differentiate color and accurately and consistently describe color differences
- Proficiency in PC operation, MS office, Excel and color/design systems
- Bachelor's Degree
Benefits: Eligible for Atrium Care Package
Associated topics: cutter, draper, garment, lectra, model, pattern, patternmaker, sewer, textile, texture
Hair Stylist / Colorist
Upscale salon seeking a qualified Hair stylist / colorist. Great working environment.
Make up, updos, extensions a plus. Qualified applicant must have excellent customer service skills, a State of Florida valid license and the ability to create a client base.
Associated topics: body, designer, embalming, facial threader, hair, hollow, manicurista, skin, waxing, wellness
Colorist And Fabric Associate
What You'll Do:
- Maintain color standard library updating each season in partnership with design.
- Assist in the distribution of color standards to in-house designers, product developers, merchants and vendors.
- Maintains complete and accurate color coordination books and color standard books.
- Track and manage color approvals according to the product development calendar
- Work with color service to create custom colors
- Align color approvals between solids and prints
- Establish relationships with mills
- Translate trends into fabric sourcing options
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years production or retail experience in technical color and fabric preferred
- Excellent color, print and product sense.
- Technical knowledge of textiles, color technology, dyeing and printing techniques and/or a willingness to learn
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to interact and resolve color issues with vendors and internal departments.
- Visual and Instrumental color evaluation experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of time and action and production calendars.
- Proficiency in PC operations, MS office, and color systems
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, caf , weekly on-site physician, chiropractor, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
This position provides individualized hairstyles, cuts and colors for guests according to their requests.Req ID:22801BRCity:San Antonio Essential Functions:
Provide hair services including but not limited to haircuts, blow drying, styling, hair treatments, up-dos, hair extensions, color applications, highlights, corrective color, relaxers, and perms
Maintain the safety of all guests and staff by providing a clean and sanitary work environment: including sanitizing, disinfecting, and sweeping as necessary
Maintain a working knowledge of all products and provide guests with current information involving the latest techniques and procedures
Make product recommendations and promote product sales
- Stock work stations and inform management of necessary inventory needing replacement
At least 6 months of Stylist / Colorist experience
Current Cosmetology license, as issued by the State Board of Cosmetology
Previous guest service experience Job Type:Full Time Property:La Cantera Resort & Spa Area of Interest:Spa, Recreation & Golf Company Introduction:Two Roads Hospitality is a company with a vision. Our core values are the hallmark of everything we do. Through all of our collections and each of our properties, they describe every guest, owner, team member and partner. With more than 40 years of success in the hospitality industry, Two Roads Hospitality was reimagined in 2016. Included in our portfolio are the Alila Hotels & Resorts, Destination Hotels, Joie de Vivre Hotels, Thompson Hotels, and tommie Hotels brands. Whether you are just starting your hospitality journey or you’re an experienced traveler, we invite you to join our family.Property Introduction:For a Texas-sized getaway with every diversion and amenity, there's no better destination than the Hill Country luxury resort of La Cantera. Set atop one of the highest points in San Antonio, La Cantera Resort & Spa offers two golf courses, five swimming pools, eight unique dining venues and a renowned Health Club & Spa. Ample facilities handle meetings, events and weddings. Décor and design elements incorporate distinctive native textiles, artwork and color palettes, and there are sweeping vistas all around the resort. Nearby attractions include Six Flags Fiesta Texas, destination shopping, the beautiful Texas Wine Country and historic and romantic San Antonio. This AAA Four Diamond-rated resort is the perfect starting point for your dream San Antonio stay or Hill Country adventure!State:TexasType of Position:Hourly PositionBrand:Destination Hotels
Color Assist, Theatrical (Temp)
Ensure proper setup of the equipment and projectors in the suite.
Perform additional color timing as requested by the Colorist. This includes pre-timing material and filling out reels based on key frames.
Perform additional rotoscoping worked based on keyframes set by the Colorist.
Render any material required for film, home video, and digital cinema.
May require client contact/interaction as needed.
Complete work orders for assigned projects and report pertinent information back to colorist, producers and operations.
Elevate any concerns/issues to Senior Colorist
- Any other duties as required.
+ 2+ years experience in color correction with the Lustre, Resolve, & Baselight
Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interface with clients regularly and maintain excellent working relationships.
Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
Adaptable to change, reliable and dependable.
Strong technical background.
Knowledge of film and color science.
Must have general knowledge of various file and data formats.
Knowledge of the Baselight, Lustre or Resolve (as appropriate) color correction platform.
Must be able to maintain flexible schedule to meet production requirements; ability to work long hours as needed.
Ability to focus for long periods of time; excellent visual acuity.
Strong communication and leadership skills.
Detail oriented and creative.
Resourceful and flexible with sound business judgment and integrity.
Must be a team player who can work with Production and Operations for the benefit of the facility.
Demonstrate initiative and willingness to learn. Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law. ID: 1117-4753 External Company Name: Technicolor USA, Inc. External Company URL: http://www.technicolor.com/
• Assist with the standards and palette development • Assist with research of emerging color trends • This position reports to Color Senior Manager, Senior Colorist, or Colorist.
Essential Functions: * • Facilitate digital color searches within the color library and supplier libraries • Assist with color library updates • Create color standards as needed • Provide color support in color approval process • Update tracking system with color approval status and assist with analysis to summarize status • Follow up on outstanding LDRs with OS colorist • Maintain approval books (snip charts) and records for approval process • Present concepts to R&D Teams/Design/Leadership • Execute approvals for assigned lab dips and bulk process under supervision of color manager • Review solids and trim for color approval within specified turn times to maintain on time delivery • Assist with communication between New York and OSO colorist Detailed Accountabilities: • Consistently apply the proper procedures for daily and seasonal activities in color palette and approval roles • Demonstrate ability to visually evaluate color using specified evaluation procedures with consistent accuracy • Use the spectrophotometer to evaluate color instrumentally and demonstrate ability to interpret data • Understand and use the computer programs for color approval, including, Tools, Track, CMS, and PLM Tools • Assist with the evaluation of bulk following the established procedures • Actively participate in color training • Cover Colorist workload in cases of backlog or vacation • Assist with color standards evaluation and distribution
Education/Experience:* • Bachelor’s Degree in related field • Background in technical color and color/fabric knowledge • Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator • Knowledge of dyes and dyeing techniques for varied fiber contents and fabric structures; knowledge of textile structures and their influence on color appearance; knowledge of industry/fabric/color/testing standards • Understanding of visual and instrumental color evaluation procedures with accurate and consistent technique: ability to use spectrophotometer, light boxes and other color tools • Superior score on 100 Hue test • Excellent color sense • Ability to differentiate color and accurately and consistently describe color differences • Proficiency in PC operation, MS office, Excel and color/design systems
* • Good written and verbal communication skills *
* • Highly organized, ability to prioritize (sense of urgency) and attention to detail required • Personable, team and service oriented – ability to build relationships with brand teams * * * This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Job: Production/Color/Fabric/Technical Design
Req ID: PRI01802
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!