Combining Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator - Blade Machine - Operator
Baumer of America is the leading Machine Engineering company for the Foam Industry in America. We offer our employees competitive compensation, benefits and a positive company environment.
We are seeking a MACHINE OPERATOR for our Blade Room to join our team at our facility located in Towaco, NJ! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- 1-3 Years previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Ability to work with standard and metric systems
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent (oral and written) in English
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
United States Duncan: Entry Level Machine Operator - Senior Machine Operator
United States Duncan: Entry Level Machine Operator - Senior Machine Operator
Jan 5, 2018
Location: Duncan, OK, US, 73533 We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Working under close supervision, sets up, adjusts, and operates a variety of machine tools which may include numerical control/computerized numeric control lathes, mills, drills, computerized numerical control/numerical control and/or manual machines.
May be required to read blueprints, perform varying levels of shop mathematics associated with machining operations, and perform inspection procedures to verify work.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Skills typically acquired through 1 year of related machining experience. Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Associate Machine Operator through Sr. Machine Operator. Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location 100 E Halliburton, Duncan, Oklahoma, 73533, United States
Requisition Number: 46373
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Product Service Line:
Supply Chain Mgmt Full Time / Part Time:
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation Information Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Job Segment: Machinist, Equipment Operator, Supply, Inspector, Industrial, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality
Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator
We are seeking a Machine Operator - Press Brake Operator to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
Ability to use tape measurer, calipers, micrometers for precise measurements matching print specifications.
Fabrication of piece parts as per schematic under supervision of a Lead.
Ability to read blueprints and program machining equipment to produce required parts
Ability to use metal working manipulation machinery (brake, shear, saw, punch etc.).
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning machining equipment.
Maintain equipment in good working order and notify the Lead of malfunctions.
Perform all duties in accordance with safety program standards.
Organize department and keep department clean.
Familiarize self with and/or request training concerning new equipment.
Inspect equipment to ensure good working order and notify your Lead of malfunctions.
Notify the Lead of any unsafe conditions, practices and/or procedures observed.
Other duties as required.
This position requires shop work. When working in the shop, one must exercise caution as this environment presents many naturally-occurring and potentially worker-produced hazards. Safety policies (i.e. respiratory protection) must be adhered to at all times while visiting, touring and/or working in the shop. Appropriate personal protective equipment (i.e. safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and others) must be worn at all times where required.
It is very important that the incumbent of this position is able to work and communicate with prudence, while effectively managing time, completing tasks, and working safely.
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time while working
Must be able to bend to reach low
Must be able to carry, lift, and transport equipment/material weighing up to 30 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
3 years min of experience in Press Brake Operations
Experience with all safe practices, procedures, and overall processes associated with manufacturing from raw materials to finished product.
Compensation based on experience!
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment. We are in need of a dedicated mechanic to keep all equipment SAFE and Fully Functional.
Machine - Machine Operator
Title: Machine Operator
Primary Objectives of Position
Manufacture high quality tablets and/or capsules in an efficient and safe manner that complies with cGMPs and meets product specifications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. High School education (HS Diploma or GED preferred)
2. Experience in food/pharmaceutical/nutraceutical processing operations, FDA regulated industry, or combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job
3. Able to read, write, and speak in English
4. Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, rounding)
5. Detail oriented
6. Effective problem-solving skills
7. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
8. Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor
9. Ability to foster productive working relationship with management, coworkers, vendors and customers
10. Ability to interpret, comply with, and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols
11. Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities
12. Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Physical Demands With or Without Accommodation
1. Ability to stand for extended periods of time (approximately 6-8 hours)
2. Ability to repeatedly bend, twist, and stoop throughout an 8-10 hour shift
3. Ability to frequently lift up to 25 kg (55 lbs.)
4. Ability to be exposed to considerable noise from machinery
5. Ability to be exposed to nutraceutical raw materials and powders
6. Ability to wear PPE as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sets-up equipment for processing operations.
2. Operates two or more of the following machines and processes as trained, instructed by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations:
§ Weigh up materials
§ 10ct V blender
§ 30cf V blender
§ Bosch GKF2000
§ IMA Zanasi
§ Ultra 8
o Tablet Compression
§ XL100 Korsch
§ XL400 Korsch
§ XPRESS700 Manesty
§ Fitz Mill
§ Fitz Mill
3. Promptly reports material, process, and equipment concerns, questions, and/or problems to supervisor for proper handling
4. Completes and verifies batch record entries, equipment log books, and other relevant documentation and records
5. Monitors process and equipment, making necessary adjustments as needed or required, to maintain batch record specifications
6. Tears down machine and equipment in accordance with training, instructions by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations
7. Cleans and maintains processing rooms and equipment
8. Assists Junior Operators with paperwork and machine processes as necessary
9. Works with personnel from other departments as necessary to ensure safety and quality in production
10. Follows established department SOP's, Company cGMPs, and all instructions, whether verbal or written
11. Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
12. Maintains a safe work environment and functions in a safe manner
13. Performs other duties, job related or otherwise, as assigned
14. Takes a 35 minute lunch within first five hours of punching in
15. Takes two 15 minute breaks – first break before lunch, second break after lunch
Slitter Operator - Machine Operator
Set up and run a slitter in the Finishing Department. This position is 3rd shift.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set the slitter up to order specifications.
- Run slitter at maximum rate based on quality restrictions.
- Weigh and wrap all finished product from slitter.
- Weigh and wrap all finished product from the press department.
- Properly fill out all paperwork for slitter production.
- Do any required preventative maintenance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. During the summer, plant temperatures can become excessively hot. We manufacture plastic bags for the food and consumer markets and also print on the packaging. Non-toxic solvents and chemicals are used in this facility.
- High School diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- 1 or more years of machine, press, slitter or other manufacuturing operator experience
- Ability to communicate in written and oral in English.
- Basic mathematical concepts.
- Proven mechanical aptitude.
- Good normal or corrected vision. Cannot be color blind.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds frequently, 3-5 times per hour, remove rolls and shafts from equipment and weigh and put on skid for an eight hour shift.
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
CNC Machine Set-Up Operator II
Must have the ability to Set-Up Four different types of machines, preferably a combination of VMC’s, HMC’s, TMC’s, Co2 Lasers, Fiber Laser, Break press and /or Robotic Welders. Produces machined parts by setting up, and operating computer numerical control (CNC) machines; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge of modifying 2D mill fixtures, turn and bore lathe jaws manually utilizing CNC controls readout.
Capable of editing Programs Mills, Lathes, Break Press, Lasers and /or Robotic Welders by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
Maintains equipment by completing dailypreventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Sets-up aforementioned machines by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, indicating vice or work piece, bushings, cams, gears, stops, bar feeders, cutting conditions, bending radius and bending pressure.
Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards. Able to read micrometers and calipers.
Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Ability to follow instructions, and management directive.
Ensure a safe working environment, good housekeeping and 5’s for your respective area and all of VBI.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two (2) years to four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires basic understand of blue print reading, leadership capability and ability to solve problems.
Candidate only in the geographic area need apply.
The company offers complete automatic door systems as well as individual components such as actuators, door controls, door panels, seals, and door accessories. Both pneumatic and electric actuators are available. Control options range from simple electro-mechanical devices to high-capability, microprocessor-based systems. Being a vertically integrated manufacturer and assembler, with metal fabrication, CNC machining centers, with powder coat painting ability and final assembly operations we offer a wide variety of opportunities.
Vapor maintains strong relationships with transit properties throughout the U.S. and Canada and is an active member in the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) and Canadian Urban Transportation Association (CUTA).
Vapor strives to understand the needs of the evolving transit industry and to provide products and services that satisfy these needs.
Sales and service for Vapor products is provided by representatives located at offices in New York, New York; Buffalo Grove, Illinois; Los Angeles, California; Sacramento, California; Toronto, Ontario; Baltimore, Maryland; Austin, Texas; Manchester, UK, and Sassuolo, Italy.
Vapor Bus International is committed to combining the skills and experience of its people with the best equipment and processes to offer world-class solutions for its customers' needs.
Panasonic Corporation is working with Tesla Motors, Inc. to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules for solar panels at Tesla’s Solar City factory in Buffalo, New York. Panasonic's role will be to manufacture and supply PV cells and modules with unique heterojunction photovoltaic cells, combining a crystalline silicon wafer with an amorphous silicon layer. Products will feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics. The collaboration will make optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation. The factory’s production began in the summer of 2017. By expanding the scale of production capacity over time, Panasonic expects to reach production capacity of over 1 GW (GigaWatt) by 2019. Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment to Panasonic for products manufactured at the Solar City factory. This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration as it staffs up for initial production and grow with it as operations get under way and expand. Currently, PESSNY has an immediate opening available for an Machine Operator.What You'll Get to Do:
Sustain and achieve department KPI on daily or monthly basis. The department KPI are as follows:
Production plan achievement rate (On-time delivery)
Productivity (Output per head)
Production loss (Failure cost)
Production cost (Direct/Indirect labor, Depreciation, Indirect material, Power, Maintenance & Repair...)
Inventory amount and Inventory difference
Produce products according to standard work.
Report production results to superior.
Promote and keep industrial health and safety of production area.
Maintenance and inspection of production equipment.
Minor repair of production equipment. (uncomplicated equipment troubles)
Control and monitor production materials.(raw materials and sub materials)
Report production issues (productivity, quality, safety…) to superior. Ad-Hoc:
Conduct briefing on specific policies & procedures for employees/new hires.
Any other related task assigned to you by your superior.
Comply with Environmental Policy, Quality Policy, Safety Policy or other policy, which are enforced by the Company. Authority:
Responsible for department KPI performance.
Financial approval limit according to Company Sanction rules. Qualification Scope:
Reports to Sub shift leader of Module production section.
Bindery Machine Operator
Operates automated case making equipment and other bindery equipment as needed.
Essential Duties and
include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products.
Inspect equipment for safety issues. May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine.
Direct crew though all aspects of production. Monitor quality, output and productivity, including ISO standards and reporting requirements. Follow all safety rules and report any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
Required Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General knowledge of the more complex bindery machines (i.e. fully automatic binding machines (perfect binders), multiple station collators and multiple folding units, either individually or combined) to perform the full range of standard and specialized folds of printed materials. Thorough knowledge of the set up, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations of one or more bindery machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating and cutting of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product. Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing bindery requirements which indicate the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and to maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used.
Knowledge of the quality and machining requirements of various coated and uncoated types of paper stock. Skill in setting up and adjusting machines for finishing operations and to refine such adjustments for the weight, color, machinability and quality of paper stock being used and to prevent machining impressions on the printed materials. Must be able to calculate distances, clearances, and fits in combining machines.
Skill in using the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines. Required Experience Education/Experience: At least 3 months experience in bindery or press equipment operation required.
Work Environment: Work near moving mechanical parts. Hearing protection required.
Physical Demands: Standing/Walking 100% of shift. Repetitive use of arms and hands.
Some bending and twisting. Routinely lift up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. Job Location Medford, Oregon, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible No
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!