Commander Police Reserves Job Description Sample
General Statement of Job
The Watch Commander directly oversees Field Supervisors and also manages uniformed Specialists during assigned shifts. The Watch Commander should understand the fundamentals of security management and possess the project management skills in order to initiate and track security related projects, business continuity, customer service, and effective communications. A sound understanding of HR and personnel related subjects are especially necessary. The Watch Commander reports to the Operations Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
- Develop an excellent working relationship with the client, understanding the client’s expectations and using this knowledge to develop the entire security program in a structured goal-orientated process
- Directly oversee Supervisors and uniformed Security Specialists during assigned shift, becoming the escalation point for issues that are not solved at a local level
- Demonstrate the professionalism and capability to represent the Site Manager at high-level meetings and to undertake initiatives on his/her behalf
- Ensure the accurate and timely recommendations of business and security related risks or actions required to the organization with solid focus on details
- Provide excellent customer service throughout the workforce by reducing overtime costs and managing guard requests that continuously meets the client needs
- Oversee individual performance throughout your allotted span of control to ensure highest levels of competency by developing and enforcing current guidelines for proven performance within the workforce
- Understand the client’s Emergency Response, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery programs
- Assist with the development or revision of security operation center processes and protocols
- Manage threat intelligence and analysis activities including required escalations to management and crisis management teams
- Proactively identify and develop future management talent within the workforce; set achievable work-related goals and objectives to encourage and develop those individuals
- Manage the training for all staff including SOPs and emergency response, by formulating structured training plans, establishing record keeping, and revising methods used for teaching skill sets
Patrol Commander [Ahec-4225]
Patrol Commander [AHEC-4225] Print Apply Patrol Commander [AHEC-4225] Salary Depends on Qualifications Location Denver, CO Job Type Full Time Department Auraria Higher Education Center Job Number AHEC-4225 Closing Continuous
Benefits Department Information Auraria, one of the most beautiful urban college campuses in the nation, provides exciting opportunities for career development, unique challenges and job satisfaction. Conveniently located in lower downtown Denver, the Auraria campus offers an environment which promotes teamwork, creative thinking and the opportunity to excel. As an added bonus, Auraria employees enjoy an excellent benefits package which includes paid vacation, and outstanding retirement plan. So, if you're interested in a great job working alongside great people, this may be the opportunity you've been waiting for. Description of Job THIS POSITION IS NON-CLASSIFIED The Auraria Higher Education Center's Campus Relations Unit Unit/ Auraria Campus Police Department he Auraria Campus is looking for an experienced Law Enforcement Professional to serve in the position of Patrol Commander. This position has the responsibility to plan, organize, and direct a field operations police unit, which includes the Auraria Campus Police Department Patrol Division, and has overall responsibility for the general campus security. This position will manage and supervise the unit and keep the Chief of Police informed of any critical issues that arise. This position formulates policy, procedures, and rules relating to the administrative function of the Patrol Division. This position represents the Chief of Police, at the direction of the Chief of Police, and/or assumes the duties in the Chief of Police's absence, as assigned. Also, this position serves as a representative of the Auraria Higher Education Center and the Auraria Campus Police Department with internal and external agencies and contacts. This position is part of the primary leadership team of the police department, providing recommendations to agency executive leadership on department customer service enhancements, technical improvements, and expert guidance on overall department operations. RESPONSIBILITIES
Hire, supervise, evaluate, and train Patrol Sergeants and subordinate staff by coordinating and directing work activities, reviewing reports, participating in meetings, and developing plans and completing evaluations.
Ensures adequate and effective supervision of patrol staff, including Police Officer Interns, Police Officer I (Officers), Police Officer II (Corporals), and Police Officer III (Sergeants).
Ensures department policy and procedures are being followed and that shifts are staffed in accordance with department policy and campus needs.
Serves as the Operations Commander of all Patrol-related special events requiring staffing by Police Officers, NCOs, and Civilian Staff.
Reviews all patrol-generated offense and incident reports, ensuring they are timely, well-written and accurate. Forwards reports, as appropriate, to departmental agency, and institutional contacts. Identifies trends and other issues which may require follow-up.
Manages department employment programs by recruiting, interviewing, screening, selecting, training, scheduling, promoting, and disciplining employees.
Oversees corrective actions--recommending disciplinary action, retraining, and/or separation from services to the Chief of Police.
Acts as an incident commander for critical incidents occurring on or adjacent to the campus. Provides guidance to field supervisors. Works in conjunction with command staff, agency executive leadership, and the emergency communications team.
In conjunction with the Investigations and Community Relations Commander, oversees basic in-service and maintenance training of police officers and NCOs by initiating the training, reviewing reports, leading meetings, and evaluating performance.
Acts as liaison for campus police field operations with other campus service providers and outside agencies, such as Denver Police/ Fire Departments, various other local, state and Federal and civilian agencies.
In conjunction with the Investigations & Community Relations Commander, proactively identifies crime trends and areas of concern, deploying adequate resources to respond to and mitigate issues.
Reviews, drafts, and recommends department policies, procedures and training based on community needs, case-law, and best practices. Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights Professional
Certification: Colorado P.O.S.T. Board Certified Education: A Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited Institution is required. Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience at the rank of Police Sergeant or higher. The successful candidate must also demonstrate in his/her application material a minimum of 3 years of experience as a patrol supervisor. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following in his/her application:
At Least 15 Years of Law Enforcement experience.
Has held the rank of Lieutenant (or equivalent) in a Law Enforcement organization.
Evidence of Leadership Training (Command School, Leadership in a Police Organization, etc.).
Previous experience managing a Law Enforcement Specialty Unit (Training, Investigations).
Demonstrated competency in providing in-service and on-the-job training to members of a Patrol Unit to improve competency in report writing and investigations.
Experience implementing a Records Management System (electronic and analog). Supplemental Information This position is non-classified. Non classified employees are those employees not within the state personnel system and are overseen by their respective state agencies or institutions of higher education. These employees are not subject to the rules established by the State Personnel Director or State Personnel Board; instead, each agency or institution is responsible for establishing policies related to the terms and conditions of non classified employment. Salary & Benefits: Salary is dependent on qualifications. AHEC does offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes 21 vacation and 15 sick days per year; medical and dental plans; life, disability and PERA retirement benefits. Submit a cover letter, resume, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference position #4225 in the subject line. Application materials may also be mailed to: Auraria Higher Education Center Human Resources Office, Suite 370 ATTN: Position # 4225 1201 5th Street Denver, CO 80217 Review of resumes will begin on November 10, 2017, and will continue until a successful candidate is identified. Note: The Colorado Open Records Act (C.R.S. 24-72-204) requires that an applicant make a written request at the time of application that the application be kept confidential. Applications without such a request for confidentiality are open record and must be disclosed upon request. A copy of the most recent Annual Security Report, which details policies and statistics related to campus safety, may be found at www.ahec.edu/clery. Note: The Colorado Open Records Act (C.R.S. 24-72-204) requires that an applicant make a written request at the time of application that the application be kept confidential. Applications without such a request for confidentiality are open record and must be disclosed upon request. THE AURARIA HIGHER EDUCATION CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Northern Ca-Armed Post Commander
HIRING FULL/PART TIME (ARMED POST COMMANDER)
STARTING PAY IS:
* ARMED SUPERVISOR POSITIONS FROM $13+ to $15 PER HOUR.
American Protection Group (APG) is currently seeking to fill the following: ARMED, POST COMMANDER / PART & FULL TIME position.
$250 SIGN ON BONUSIS PART OF OUR INCENTIVE TO JOIN OUR COMPANY.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR BI-LINGUAL SECURITY OFFICERS / POST COMMANDERS & ACTIVE - RESERVE - RETIRED VETERAN or MILITARY PERSONNEL or LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS.
We are offering a sign on bonus for getting your career started with us. Our sign on bonus is $250 after you meet our employment requirements and your probational period has been completed from date of hire. (Bonus paid after successfully completing a 120 day probation period-Must be passed without any violations of our company policies and or procedures during the probation period). Paid out in 2 equal payments, after completing probational period and 2 months thereafter.
All positions required the following:
1) Must have a CA guard card
2) Must have transportation
3) Must be able to work holidays
4) Must have your own gear including weapons
5) Must be able to work with others
6) Must be able to work part time or full time
7) Must be able to work weekends (A MUST)
8) Must have all permits that are VALID
9) Valid CA Driver's license, ID or Passport
10) Good grammar and writing skills a plus
11) Bilingual in ANY languages and /or criminal justice degree a HUGE plus!
12) Must be able to pass thorough background check and random drug screening.
Outstanding benefit package upon completion of probation:
Paid Sick Leave.
Paid Personal Time.
Paid Training Time.
Employee of the Month, Quarter and Year bonus.
Annual AAA Membership / Roadside Assistance 100% paid by employer.
Employee Referral bonus upon completion of introductory period.
If your interested in any of our positions, YOU MUST go to our website / copy then paste the following link:
then download our application plus do the following: (Please follow directions).
FAX OR EMAIL your COMPLETED FILLED OUT APPLICATION / BACKGROUND CHECK FORM / VERIFICATION FORM resume and include copies of your GUARD CARD / WEAPONS PERMITS and any other certifications to:
FAX # (818) 698-1651 Attention OPS Department or Email at:
(C/O: Jamara- N CA Sac Area Ops Mgr.)
ALL INTERVIEWS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!!!! And you must have downloaded our application forms and bring them into our office at time of appointment.
Please Feel Free to CALL THE OFFICE- ONLY BETWEEN 11am to 4pm.
(916) 945-2828 Ext 415 / Any Calls after 4pm will not get an interview. Ask for Jamara Saunders- Operations Dept.
Our staff will set up a time and date to come in and be interviewed for the many positions that we are filling up now. We are hiring for IMMEDIATELY PLACEMENT!!!
http://apg-svcs.com or http://americanprotectiongroup.com
State License and Insured
CA State License- PPO 17466
CA State License- ACO 7530
CA State License- PI 29028
NV State License- PILB #2075B
AZ State License- DPS 1675056
FL State License- A #1600214
FL State License- B # 1600264
TX State License- DPS Pending
NM State License- Pending
Please feel free to contact us for an interview.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering, with Masters or PhD in Petroleum Engineering preferred
- Minimum of ten years industry experience
- Registered professional engineer or certified in reserves determination for public company under SEC regulations
- Experience with unconventional (low permeability) reservoirs, particularly tight sands and shales, with one (or all) of the following areas being a plus: South Texas (Gulf Coast – onshore), East Texas/North Louisiana and Permian Basin
- Ability to predict reserves/production profiles and perform economic evaluation of exploration and development drilling projects, acquisitions and divestitures
- Strong background in reservoir fluid flow and reservoir modeling
- Experience with production/nodal and pressure transient analysis to optimize production
- Knowledge of well completions and stimulation methods
- Petrophysical (open hole log and advanced core analysis) skills are a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with other technical, financial or investor groups outside the company
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Independent, self-motivated, creative and results oriented
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE US FOR ANY EMPLOYER WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP
Recruiter: Kerri Thornton
Financial Reserves Management Portfolio Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are looking to hire a Fixed Income Portfolio Analyst. Based in Boston, the ideal candidate will work with the Financial Reserves Management Team to provide support for their portfolio management activities. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Interacting closely with Portfolio Managers and Traders to ensure timely and accurate execution of investment strategies across client portfolios;
- Rebalancing portfolios in response to investment strategies, cash flows, benchmark changes, market price movements and changes in client guidelines;
- Monitoring positions and verifying that transactions are consistent with client guidelines;
- Interacting with many areas of the firm to improve processes and minimize operational risks; and
- Monitoring performance, risk exposures and key market sensitivities of positions in portfolios.
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional experience gained in a similar Portfolio Analyst, Assistant Portfolio Manager or Trader Support role. Previous asset management industry experience is preferred, although candidates from other backgrounds will also be considered
- Demonstrated strong understanding of, and interest in, fixed income capital markets and investing;
- Advanced analytical skills, a quantitative orientation, and a detail oriented mindset;
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with investment and other business professionals around the firm;
- Ability to think creatively and initiate projects that lead to improved implementation of strategies and trades; and
- Strong academic credentials. An undergraduate degree is required. A post-graduate degree or relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA), or progress towards one, would be viewed favorably.
Financial Reserves Management Portfolio Analyst
Investment Management (IM)
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at .
Financial Reserves Management Portfolio Analyst
Sea Combat Commander Training Specialist, Ttgp Job
Sea Combat Commander Training Specialist, TTGP (Job Number:430803)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has a career opportunity for a Sea Combat Commander Training Specialist to provide training development support to Tactical Training Group Pacific (TTGP) as a fleet training subject matter expert (SME). The selected candidate will provide Tactical Warfare expertise in planning, implementation and execution of real-world or simulated warfare tactics; focused on Sea Combat Commander (SCC) duties with strike groups or units. The candidate will maintain the integrity of the training objectives, and maintain a knowledge base that is consistent with the requirements that cover the full spectrum of Navy training. The candidate will serve as the catalyst for developing and evaluating requirements. He/She will provide the expertise and insight to support programs and leaders at all levels, including very senior levels, civilian and military sectors. The expertise provided will support war game production. The selected candidate will configure the training spaces, modeling and simulation systems, and network-based tactical Command and Control system applications. Candidate will also operate and configure Modeling and Simulation (M&S) systems to include: Joint Semi Automated Forces (JSAF) and Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Tactical Warfare Simulation (MTWS) software as the simulation driver. Additionally, the candidate will role-play notional forces, interacting with students to simulate operations in a tactical environment. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced training specialist in Sea Combat Commander duties. In addition, he/she will have excellent public speaking, presentation, and time management skills, as well as at least two years of applicable training experience in:
Integrating warfare training objectives into a focused warfare exercise
M&S system scenario scripting, verification, and validation
M&S scenario execution and adjusting scenario events and timelines in a real-time dynamic tactical operation environment
Implementing TTPs and PPRs, and role playing tactical units
Developing and coordinating scenario play with navy and other services during the Naval Strike
Group and Strike Force training process
Implementing scenario scripts, incorporating warfare principles from a specified warfare discipline to meet Navy Mission Essential Task List (NMETL) training objectives
Coordinating among US Naval training commands, other service’s training commands, and among coalition partners to satisfy naval training requirements in service, joint, and coalition training contexts
- Qualifications:* TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience REQUIRED EDUCATION / SKILLS:
Must be a U.S. citizen with a Secret clearance and Bachelor of Arts or Science degree.
Active military duty experience including recent Sea Combat Commander experience.
Two (2) years of technical and general Training specialist experience. SAIC
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Job Posting:* Sep 14, 2017, 7:36:21 PM Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret Potential for Teleworking: No Travel: None Shift: Day Job Schedule: Full-time
US Army/Army Reserves Financial Management Technician
The finance management technician is responsible for financial management duties such as budgeting, disbursing and accounting for government funds. They make sure vendors are paid, budgets are balanced and financial matters are met so the Army keeps running.
- Receive and post documents to accounting/budget systems
- Process treasury checks for payment and pay for invoices
- Maintain files and prepare financial reports/travel vouchers
- Review contracts, invoices and receive reports
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a financial management technician requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction for accounting techniques.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Accounting principles and procedures
- Maintenance of financial reports and budgets
- Analyzing financial data
- Computation of pay and deductions
- Interest in mathematics, statistics and accounting
- Ability to work with numbers
- Capable of using computers and other office machines
- You must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident
- You must be 17-35 years old
- You must be in good physical condition
- You must have a clean legal record
- You must have a high school diploma or GED
Some positions may have additional qualifications.
Navy Reserves Steelworker / Iron Worker
The Navy Reserves is looking for prior service (veteran) Hull Technicians, Steel Workers, Welders and civilian Journeyman and Apprentices for part-time positions with full-time benefits in the San Diego, California area.
Need to fill 60+ positions immediately!!
Candidates must meet the following basic eligibility requirements:
*Be 39 and younger
*Meet the minimum ASVAB score (taking during interviewing process if not previously done)
*Be in good physical health and fitness (a full physical will be completed)
*Have no VA Disability claims
*Be a practicing steel worker or prior service veteran
Purpose and Mission
Steelworkers rig and operate special equipment used to build metal structures. They lay out and fabricate structural steel and sheet metal and work with concrete-reinforcing steel bars. They perform welding and cutting operations, read blueprints and use special tools. This is a 5 year enlistment program. erecting steel bridges, tanks, buildings, towers and pre-engineered structures; fabricating, erecting, installing, fitting, welding and bolting structural steel shapes, plates and the built-up sections used in heavy construction; laying out, fabricating and installing sheet metal assemblies and systems; performing welding and metal cutting operations; installing and reinforcing steel in concrete structures. Reading and interpreting blueprints and preparing sketches for projects; making estimates of materials, labor, and equipment requirements. Working Environment SWs may work in a variety of conditions, independently or as members of a large team. Their many different duties may be performed in climates ranging from tropical to arctic.
Opportunities to enter the SW rating are excellent for qualified applicants. About 850 men and women work as Steelworkers in the Navy. Qualifications and Interests Steelworkers must be able to work with tools, equipment and machines that require manual dexterity and close teamwork. It is important they be resourceful, capable of doing detailed work and repetitive tasks and knowledge of algebra. Other helpful characteristics are curiosity and a good memory, writing and speaking skills, record keeping ability, good physical condition and stamina. Normal hearing is required
*Money for college or technical training
*1000's of military discounts
*Opportunities to work and travel around the world
Director Of Corporate Reserves
This position, Director of Corporate Reserves is responsible for directing the activities and oversight of the Corporate Reserve group (9 professionals) that provides reservoir engineering support and reserves administration. Will oversee coordination of the department activities with other corporate functions and business units to ensure technical accuracy for SOX controls and proper compilation of accurate SEC compliant reserve reports.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates quarterly updates and preparation of year-end reserve reports in compliance with corporate SOX controls and according to SEC and PRMS standards.
- Manages preparation of corporate reserves data and presentations for internal review with business unit VP’s, the Executive Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Develops and implements team strategy direction necessary for the continuous improvement of corporate reserves activities and processes.
- Maintains knowledge and skills of current and new reservoir engineering and reserves management best practices.
- Facilitates reserve estimation, present value calculations and reserve reporting process. Interfaces with Business Unit reservoir engineering teams, accounting, treasury, bank representatives, external financial auditors, and third party reserve consultants for all reserves related matters.
- Provides operational and strategic planning for reserves team duties, fosters innovation, and organizes and negotiates the allocation of resources.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision of personnel. Participates in decisions involving hiring, staff development promotions, compensation administration, and termination of employment.
- Provides oversight or conducts reserves management training and reserve process audits throughout the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Engineering from an ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) program required or
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required or
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in Engineering from a program in which the correlating Bachelor's degree is accredited by the ABET EAC required.
- 15+ years of related work experience required.
- 8-12+ years of Reservoir Engineering or similar experience including reserves estimation and economic modeling preferred.
- 2-5+ years of Corporate Reserves experience including reserves determination for public company under SEC regulations preferred.
Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Advanced knowledge of SEC reserves reporting, SOX and reserves management processes and workflows.
- Advanced knowledge of practical application of unconventional and conventional reservoir volumetric calculations, decline curve reserve determinations, appropriate analogue techniques and material balance assessments.
- Expertise in economic evaluation and reserve assessment for exploration programs, development drilling programs, work overs and production optimization opportunities. Expert user of Aries and/or other economic modeling software preferred.
- Ability to use rigorous logic, critical thinking skills and methods to effectively solve difficult problems.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures in order to prepare and maintain reports, budgets, and administrative records as required.
- Ability to assign, delegate, and direct the work of others outside normal business hours in periods of high activity.
- Ability to provide on-the-job training, performance assessment, couching, motivation, and career development to engineers and technical employees.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and the coordination of people and resources.
- Able to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new policies, procedures, and technology.
- Ability to ensure all employees are operating within all corporate, state, and federal guidelines, policies, and regulations.
Compensation: Mid to High Six Figures
Maintenance Technician - Reserves Of Melbourne
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN*(3) Weeks PTO in 1
- year Paid HolidaysBirthday – paid day offVolunteer time off each yearMedical Benefits – 1
- of month following 30 days *401k + match – 1
quarter after 90 days Education reimbursement *Come join our growing community! * As a Maintenance Technician, you're primarily responsible for assisting in overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, and preventive maintenance and construction or rehabilitation projects for the property About BH Management: BH Management’s roots date back to 1993 when Harry Bookey formed the company with a roster of just five apartment communities. Today, our founder continues to lead the firm, serving as inspiration for its 1,600-plus employees. BH Management currently has over 220 communities spread over multiple states and is continuously growing. This ranks BH Management Services 12th out of the 50 largest management companies in the United States. What may be less obvious, however, is how we got here. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers. Essential Job FunctionsGeneral Maintenance Duties * Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customer. Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
Assists with monitoring of resident satisfaction and ensures follow up on the results by property maintenance staff.
Responds to resident/management requests and Service Request for occupied apartments as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
Uses service request system and schedules to establish priorities. Determines with Property Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor, requests or emergencies that should be top priority. Monitors the completion of Service Requests in order to limit callbacks.
Reviews daily work order priorities with the Maintenance Supervisor at the beginning and end of each day.
Assists with ensuring that established preventative maintenance programs are implemented, followed and documented per BH program guidelines.
On a regular basis must use independent judgment (following prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities, emergencies, etc.
Must be able to deal with moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities and supervising employees.
Assists with the daily upkeep of the grounds and appearance of the property.
Has a complete understanding and working knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures.
Responsible for the maintenance and security of all property-issued tools.
This job description does not provide an all-encompassing list of duties, there may be a need to perform other duties as assigned. Maintenance Duties * Repairs/replaces light bulbs, globes or fixtures
Repairs/replaces windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors and closets.
Assists in the repair/replacement/removal of appliances.
Repairs/replaces faucets, sink plugs, washers.
Repairs/replaces curtains, mini-blinds, ceiling fans.
Repairs plaster; paints as necessary.
Repairs/replaces sinks, bathtubs, showers.
Repairs/replaces flooring materials.
Picks up exterior & interior litter; empties and sanitizes trash containers.
Assists with maintaining the exterior grounds and common areas of the property.
Repairs/replaces any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility. Construction Duties: * Assists with interior/exterior rehabilitation and construction projects. Make Ready Duties * Works with the office team and Maintenance Supervisor (i.e., walking apartments, move-in/move-out reports, etc.). Completes work as directed and reports apartments that are ready to show to the Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager.
Walks all vacant units to determine make-ready needs. Coordinates efforts with Maintenance Supervisor and Property Manager to make schedules and assignments. If major appliances or carpets need replacing, discusses with Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager before taking action.
Ensures all repairs/replacements are completed as necessary for apartment to be occupied.
Ensures all trash from apartments are cleaned out before, during and after make-ready activity. Safety Duties * Assists with the identification and correction of hazardous community conditions.
Assists with touring property daily to look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and reports to Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. May assist with repairing hazards.
Attends and participates in BH’s training programs as required. Ordering and Maintaining Supplies * Assists with ordering supplies and performing physical inventory of supplies.
Works with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor with input from maintenance staff, determine supplies and equipment needs. Must get approval from Property Manager prior to placing orders for major expenditures and unbudgeted items.
Available as needed to pick up supplies and inventory items from approved vendors.
Responsible for overall organization and cleanliness of work areas and maintenance shops. On-Call and Emergencies * Shares on-call responsibilities with the maintenance team; responds to resident service requests within 24 hours.
Assists with hazardous weather problems, fires, floods, snow removal, freezes, etc. Certifications/
* HVAC certification preferred (most industry certifications accepted) or ability to obtain * E.P.A Certification preferred (Type II – domestic HVAC systems) or ability to obtain * E.P.A 410A certification preferred or ability to obtain * CPO (Certified Pool Operator) preferred or ability to obtain
Working knowledge of Microbial Growth preferred
Working knowledge of building maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems, large and small appliance repair
Working knowledge of building maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems, large and small appliance repair
* High School or GED (General Education Diploma) preferred
Regular attendance, punctuality and dependability required
Six months to one-year general maintenance and safety experience strongly preferred
Six months to one-year general knowledge/experience with all major types of heating and air conditioning preferred
Required to provide own (industry specific) hand tools * A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation may be required based upon specific property needs
Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job functions
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of building maintenance and repair
Ability to learn and institute BH and industry standards * A positive, team-oriented attitude
Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers Physical Requirements/Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Temperature/Climate: This position will work in various indoor and outdoor environments based on the tasks that need to be completed.
Safety Considerations: This position will regularly use hand tools, motor-powered tools/equipment and cleaning equipment and may operate company vehicles. May work in a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals. The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions that include one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, mold or mildew. BH requires all personnel who work with or around all chemicals and/or other substances to follow all company and industry safety standards. The worker may be required to function in narrow aisles or passageways. Physical/Mental/Organizational Capabilities: The individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, balance, climb stairs and lift, carry, push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds; maximum of 100 pounds with assistance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally required to reach with hands and arms; stand; walk; squat; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects or controls. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. In all cases where lifting is required assistance should be requested and proper lifting equipment should be worn/used. The ability to pay attention to detail, problem solve, troubleshoot, and make decisions is required Personal Protective Equipment necessary: Affected employees are required to use/wear PPE such as, safety goggles, splash shield, gloves, etc. Visual/Hearing Capabilities: The visual ability necessary to read and interpret a computer screen is required. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field vision.The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment. The hearing ability necessary to communicate with others is required. The individual must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with employees and customers on all levels of the organization. Work Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday (work schedules may vary). Some over-time may be required including “on-call” and/or rotating “on-call” responsibilities.
Benefits: At BH our employees and their well-being are important to us. This is why we offer a comprehensive and valued benefits package to fit the individual needs of each employee and their family. Some of the benefits we offer include: Your Health Plans : * Medical
Flexible Spending Accounts Your Money Management: * 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with Company match
Direct Deposit Your Work Life Balance:
Paid Time Off
Paid Holiday Your Career:
Competitive compensation and earnings potential
Employee Referral Bonus
Internal opportunities for career advancements
Educational Reimbursement Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.Location: Reserves of Melbourne
Job Code:* Maintenance Tech # of openings: 1
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!