Commercial Engineer Job Description Sample
Commercial Building Engineer / Lead Engineer
We are seeking multiple levels of Building Engineers.
Responsible for the hands-on maintenance of commercial buildings Must have experience in proper operations of all assigned properties. A great Building Engineer has the ability to delegate and take on responsibility for the properties under their supervision.
1-15 years experience preferred, depends on position.
Building Engineer, Stationary Engineer, Lead Engineer, Assistant Chief Engineer, & Chief Engineers
We provide staffing solutions for customers of all sizes and with a variety of needs in the Commercial Real Estate industry.
The staffing experts for over 30 years!
Rotational Development Program - Commercial Engineer
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us.
We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges. The Steel Business Associate (SBA) program is a 24 month career development program based in Canton, OH, that will give you the opportunity to work in a variety of areas that support the TimkenSteel business. Rotational assignments allow our new grads to experience a variety of job duties within their field, while gaining a better overall understanding of our company, before placement into a non-rotational role.
Rotations may include the following: Metallurgical product and application development Steel process engineering Metallurgical technical service Production engineering and manufacturing Sales, marketing, and customer service Applications/metallurgy labs Supply chain engineering
The SBA program provides recent college graduates:
Professional development and training opportunities to aid in a smooth transition into a dedicated career path Exposure to various functional areas within TimkenSteel Competitive pay and benefits Opportunities to network with other young professionals and with key business leaders Onboarding partnerships and a dedicated mentor Challenging projects and assignments Community service and involvement opportunities
Requirements: We are seeking December 2017 or May/June 2018 graduates with the following backgrounds: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in materials science, metallurgy, mechanical engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college or university Minimum overall GPA of at least 2.8 Possess leadership potential that has been demonstrated in academic or extra-curricular activities, or during employment Achievement in non-academic pursuits such as clubs and organizations, special projects, military service, or prior work experience Ability to learn quickly Ability to be flexible and adaptable Demonstrated effective communication skills All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Requisition ID: 10243 Posted: 08/30/2017
Commercial Project Engineer - Commercial Construction, Multifami
Commercial Project Engineer
Commercial Construction, Multifami Commercial Project Engineer
Commercial Construction, Multifami
Commercial Construction, Multifamily / Hospitality Construction, Project Engineer, Bidding/RFI's/Cost Reports/PCO's The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting in reviewing plans; estimating labor and materials, including material suppliers and sub-contractors; securing the lowest competitive bids for all aspects of construction on the assigned projects; maintaining documentation and accurate records
What You Will Be Doing Bidding : Contacting all utilities, city, county and other appropriate agencies to determine required fees and/or charges for the project Planning : Assisting in preparing and updating all assigned project schedules, including subcontractors and material deliveries Organization and quality control-- : Assist in identifying problems or potential problems as they relate to the organization of the job; prioritizing tasks to provide a smooth flow of progress throughout the project; overseeing the tasks and responsibilities assigned to employees and subcontractors; making frequent visits to the project site, verifying that the site is organized and clean, and that satisfactory progress is being made in order to meet the established completion target. Communication : Providing all documentation to the President related to the project, including daily logs, phone logs, billing information, back charges, and change orders; writing informative memos, providing a record of what has happened or is expected to happen on the project. Billing : Providing bookkeeper with coded invoices, verifying the amounts on the invoices are in accordance with the purchase orders and that the portion being billed is correct; verifying vendor payments Safety and Security to include : assist in verifying that the project has a complete inventory of tools on file and that the tools are being maintained; enforcing the Company Safety and Security Policy and Procedures on the project site at all times. Goals include : assist in completing the entire project on time or ahead of schedule, and in or under budget; maintaining the established Company Quality Standards.
What You Need for this Position More Than 5 Years of experience and knowledge of:
Multifamily / Hospitality Construction
Bidding/RFI's/Cost Reports/PCO's What's In It for You
401(k) So, if you are a Commercial Project Engineer with experience, please apply today! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
*Commercial Project Engineer
- Commercial Construction, Multifami* CA-VacavilleAL4-1400295
Commercial Door Distributor Project Engineer
We are seeking a Project Engineer to join our team! You will be responsible for assisting in the daily duties of a senior project manager.
- Assist in bidding and estimating projects
- Coordination of multiple projects simultaneously
- Create and process project submittals, closeout documents and other reports as needed
- Communicate with vendors to obtain pricing, lead times and product information
- Answer phone calls and direct accordingly
- Provide administrative and technical support to estimating, engineering, and project management teams
- Willing to work
- Willing to learn and grow
- Deadline and detail-oriented
With our experienced personnel, Warnock Hersey-Certified fabrication facility and decades of industry experience and knowledge, we can service any size project.
We make certain that each project meets building fire and life-safety codes while working with our customers to make sure they get exactly what they need.
All of us at Architectural Hardware & Supply Company are committed to customer service, first-rate products and close working relationships with our customers and vendors.
Commercial Construction Project Engineer
Flynn Construction Management seeking a Construction Project Engineer to join our team! You will oversee project planning, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. You will work directly with a Project Manager and receive valuable insight and knowledge to help you grow in your role with us!
- Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Participate in prject transfer meetings
- Preliminary schedule preparation
- Assist in contract writing as required
- Assist in takeoffs as required
- Some travel required
- Previous experience in construction management or other related fields is a plus
- Familiarity with construction management software
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to perform takeoffs
- Strong understanding of construction divisions
- Ability to create and maintain client relationships
Commercial Construction Project Engineer
Project Engineer – Dallas, TX
Direct Hire, Full Time
High School Diploma or GED minimum, Bachelor degree preferred
Competitive based on work experience and training
Project Engineer – We are seeking candidates to join an award winning commercial construction contractor with a presence in multiple cities and states, who understands and strives to build the best construction has to offer.
Will oversee projects presentations, purchasing, mobilization, invoicing, weekly and monthly meetings, material and subcontract approvals and oversight of field forces, project flow, cleanliness, and safety
ALL inquiries are strictly confidential and all information; resumes and conversations are discreetly held.Please contact 512-258-5336
Commercial Maintenance Engineer
Commercial Maintenance Engineer
- Respond to all guest requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure all projects are completed in a timely manner and according to department specifications
- Complete work order requests efficiently
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Responsible for repairs including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, indoor and outdoor heating/cooling units, ventilation, painting and plastering, wall cover repair, carpentry,door and window repairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance services on all guestrooms, public areas and administrative offices.
- Inspect and maintain mechanical areas
- Perform all job duties as assigned
- Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly.
- Be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment.
- Must be willing and able to be responsive to complaints about maintenance.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform in a leadership role with professionalism, courtesy and fairness.
- Efficient in Basic computer usage and skills like MS Office programs
- Possesses excellent communication skills for communicating with the entire team of colleagues from various departments.
- Shows proficiency in research and company evaluation.
Systems Engineer - Commercial Sales -
Do you want to be a Trusted Advisor that is an advocate for your customers? You will look to develop the technical relationship with your customers every day. Do you love technology? Then working as a Systems Engineer at Cisco will be like a kid in a candy store. Come be a Collaborator, a Consultant and a Visionary. You can be the Superhero that helps fix stuff!
Who You'll Work With
The US Commercial vision is transforming business through the power of people and technology. Our Organization is focused on the US Mid Market, the 5th largest economy in the world, with a broad portfolio of small, medium and large customers across all vertical markets with the exception of public sector. US Commercial has grown consistently over the past 26 quarters with the support of a diverse set of partners and ecosystem. US Commercial has an incredible culture built upon Focused Execution, Technical Excellence, Teamwork and Fun!
Who You Are
You are an experienced Systems Engineer (SE) with a strong network, collaboration, unified access, security and datacenter\virtualization background. You will partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing network product solutions. You have industry knowledge and years of technology experience to aid in technical selling, explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
In this role you will gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In additional to technological aptitude and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, you have interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills that evoke passion and confidence.
Required skills & abilities:
* 5+ years of networking\telecommunications\datacenter industry related experience as well as Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area.
* Pre-Sales experience required.
* Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
* CCNP CCDP or similar vendor Certification Required.
* Strong understanding of Collaboration, Security, SDN, server and desktop virtualization is also highly desirable.
* Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills.
* Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member.
* Strong problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are Cisco.
Commercial Vehicle Engineer - Electrical
Are you a world-class engineer ready to take it to the next level with HEV/EV, Autonomous, Model Based Design, and Telematics technologies? Isuzu is looking for such an individual who has a strong understanding of engineering design cradle-to-grave processes, and possesses the vision to advance current designs using the latest technologies.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
· Conduct engineering activities related to product design such as drawing creation, engineering specification reviews, engineering cost estimates, proper development timing, and support testing for appropriate projects.
· Work on supplier design issues, problem resolutions, engineering reviews, data analysis, potential engineering changes, and manages component timing. Provides engineering assistance to Isuzu related companies and departments as necessary.
· Evaluate technical content, improve quality, reduce cost, make effective decisions and meet schedules while considering a range of alternatives. Report activities and decisions to Sr. Engineer, assigned mentor and/or management for direction and/or approvals.
· Communicate effectively with Isuzu Japan engineering, suppliers, production facilities, JV partners and other parties based on teamwork concepts. Coordinate with suppliers or other department to achieve established targets on schedule. Analyze new technologies and trends. Prepare various reports and research findings to management in both the U.S. and in Japan.
· Maintain and manage assigned projects and related schedules. Consult with other Isuzu departments and companies, sharing technical documentation to support Isuzu’s collective objectives.
· Investigate competitors’ vehicles, specific subsystems, and latest technologies (HEV/EV, Autonomous, Telematics, Model Based Design) for competitive engineering research and to advance current designs. Attend technical events/meetings at General Motors, Isuzu Japan, and other vendors. Prepare design drawings as necessary and evaluates vendor drawings.
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in automotive product design engineering or equivalent, development process of automotive parts.
- Automotive parts knowledge for material selection (metal, plastic, textile), production processes, test methods, regulations, and component/sub-system design development process.
- Familiar with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) and Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)/American Standard Test Method (ASTM). CAD/CAM design systems; Siemens NX & TcAE or similar.
- Familiarization with simulation software and common diagnostic equipment. Cyber security fundamentals. Advance New Technologies including Electric Vehicle (EV), Electric Vehicle Hybrid (HEV), Autonomous Vehicle, Model Based Design (MBD), and Telematics.
- Visualization aptitude – ability to sketch, interpret drawings and 3D virtual designs.
- Skilled in PC based tools, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications. Investigation and search skills –Example: Benchmarking, internet search techniques. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The employee must be able to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer. This is primarily a sedentary position in a controlled office environment which requires only occasional reaching, stooping, and lifting of office files, reports or records, typically weighing 5 lbs. or less. Requires occasional light lifting (5-25 lbs.) and on rare occasions, heavy lifting (60 lbs.). Must be able on rare occasions to bend, crawl, climb, crouch, kneel and reach above shoulder level in the performance of job duties.
Our employees love our workplace and here’s why:
· We are a team-oriented, diverse and friendly place to work
· Employee engagement events such as “Isuzupalooza” and the annual Chili Cook-off
· State-of-the-art R&D facility with engine and vehicle test labs
· We partner with universities and industry leaders to source key talent and stay in touch with the latest technological advancements
· Exclusive employee discounts from our affiliates
· Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k) w/ company match, annual retirement contribution, and more
· Bonus program tied to overall company and individual performance goals
As part of Isuzu's global team, ITCA will act as the North America technical center of expertise to enhance Isuzu's leadership position in transportation, commercial vehicles, and diesel engines, supporting our customers and respecting the environment. ITCA is committed to providing expertise in: Commercial truck and diesel engine technology in the North American market. Diesel engine development and testing to meet stringent North American emissions and diagnostic requirements. Vehicle planning, engineering, and testing for collaboration with Isuzu North American partners as well as Central and South American business units.
Check us out: http://www.isuzutechcenter.com/
Commercial Building Engineer
Responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of mechanical, and or electrical equipment for various properties.
Perform plumbing, electrical or HVAC services as required of the building.
Maintain heaters, chillers, pumps, fan systems, etc.
Monitor and adjust mechanical equipment, valves, thermostats and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings.
Perform preventative maintenance duties, including changing filters, motors, light fixtures, belts, bearings and pulleys.
Inspection of all mechanical equipment.
Respond immediately to all building emergencies and customer concerns.
Comply with all applicable rules and regulations.
Ability to work different shifts as required.
Ability to stoop, stand, and climb stairs and ladders.
Regularly required to crouch and reach.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!