Composing Room Machinist Job Description Sample
Machinist / Mechanic
Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
Experience: 3-5 years maintenance experience
Safety focused mindset
Excellent attendance record
Ability to work overtime when needed
Ability to have a flexible schedule to meet the requirements of a 24/7/365 manufacturing environment
Mental ability to excel in your craft to match existing staff
Proficient operation on basic precision manual machine tools: Vertical Milling Machine, Engine Lathe, Hydraulic Press, Key Broach, etc. and ability to cut key seats
Utilize precision measuring tools
Has ability to work to tight machine tolerences
Disassemble, repair and reassemble industrial components. Fabricate from blueprints, existing parts or sketches - replacement parts and components.
Ability to install and replace various styles and types of bearings, bushings, slides, etc. to proper clearances and tolerances
MIG, TIG, ARC welding experience a plus. Acetylene / Oxygen torch experience necessary
Heavy rigging techniques and experience required
Experience with centrifugal pump repair/rebuilds, rotary union repair/rebuilds, precision alignments a plus
Experience in Heavy Industrial environment a plus
Ability to work in an autonomous environment as well as a team environment when needed
What we look for:
Safety: Must show a commitment to an interdependent safety-first attitude
Positive Attitude: Consistently display positive behavior that supports the organization's goals and objectives.
Mechanical skill: Preferred Journeyman skill level and understanding of mechanical principles
Team Work: Ability to work independently and in a team empowerment culture.
Adaptability: Ability to adjust to the demands of the job, and be depended on to complete assigned tasks.
Communication: Ability to communicate well with others and able to lead team meetings.
Other: Applicants must pass background check, physical/drug screen.
Hours: Must be available for overtime, rotation shifts, "on call", holidays and weekends
CNC Machinist I
Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc. is an industry leader in engineered systems and advanced manufacturing. The Company provides full-spectrum systems engineering, integration, manufacturing, and lifecycle sustainment solutions to the marine, aviation, aerospace, and defense, energy and environment markets. Teledyne Brown has expertise in systems integration, technology development, hardware design, prototype development, system test and evaluation, advanced manufacturing, performance-based logistics solutions, and operations and maintenance.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The CNC Machinist plans, lays out, fabricates, and assembles the most complex production machined parts and highly complex prototype research and development machined parts. Sets up, programs, and operates all types of CNC and manual machine shop and tool room machines and equipment and is able to verify that the center of rotation and the pivot point is correct. Requires demonstrated ability to perform calculations necessary to determine starting points or set-up of numerically controlled machines.
Requires a high school education or equivalent, plus approximately six (6) years as a lower grade Machinist. Requires at least 5 years experience with 4 axis machines and 3 years experience with 5 or more axis.
Must have the ability to set up and run 5 & 6 axis CNC Machines.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, protected Veteran Status, genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805)373-4545. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Position Title CNC Machinist – Aerospace Parts - TX #4255
Location San Antonio Texas Area
Set up and operate CNC programmable controls and read and understand basic G/M code.
Set up fixtures and tooling to run CNC production processes.
Ensure parts meet specifications using appropriate measuring instruments such as Micrometers, Verniers, Height Gages, Bore Gages etc.
Read blueprint drawings, job orders, tooling instructions or standard charts to determine specification procedures.
Perform routine machine maintenance.
Monitor tool wear, change tools and inserts as required.
Adjust basic offsets to maintain part integrity.
Demonstrate ability to hold very tight tolerances and meet production standards.
Experience with Fanuc and Haas Controls a plus.
Primarily use Mori Seiki and Okuma for lathes.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Experience Setting up and operating CNC programmable controls using G/M code.
2. Experience setting up fixtures and tooling to run CNC production processes.
3. Experience with measuring instruments such as Micrometers, Verniers, Height Gages, Bore Gages etc.
4. Experience with Mori Seiki and Okuma for lathes preferred.
5. Experience with Fanuc and Haas Controls a plus.
Calpsan Systems in Newport News, VA is an industry leader in the engineering and manufacture of complex aerospace hardware and prototype systems for ground test and flight applications. We have been employed in the development of nearly every domestic fixed-wing aircraft, missile, and helicopter system. We are an engineering products based company with excellent prototype and low-rate production machining capability. Qualified candidates only are encouraged to apply.
Description for Machinist:
- Experience machinist with complex set-ups, contoured parts using 3-5 axis CNC mills, lathes & VTLs
- Must be able to calculate and set up controls to regulate speeds & feeds
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles
- Must be able to read blueprints and have strong knowledge of applied math
- Conventional machining experience desired
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and overtime as needed
- 10+ years of experience
- High School graduate or G.E.D.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
- Formal apprenticeship desirable
- MUST be able to obtain a secret security clearance
- Experience with high tolerance prototype components
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE Automotive is one of the leading providers of advanced automobile connectivity solutions. We enable nearly every electronic function in the car -- from alternative power systems to infotainment and sensor technologies – all in a harsh environment. No matter which technology path OEMs choose to innovate for the connected car, we're committed to helping our customers meet evolving challenges and requirements.
Performs all functions related to the programming, setup and operation of CNC (computer numerically controlled) wire electrical discharge machines, plunge electrical discharge machines and CNC milling centers to fabricate, modify or repair complex tooling or parts to very close tolerances. Inspects and prepares tooling to be installed into mold, assembly, and/or stamping machines which means being proficient in all shop equipment and heat treating techniques. Evaluates and makes changes or recommends to engineering design changes on how to best fabricate tooling utilizing the capabilities of both the wire and plunge electrical discharge machines.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Studies blueprints, determines machining operations necessary and determines proper sequence of operations considering such factors as type of metal, shape of metal, size of part, finish requirements and machining time.
Identifies all geometry necessary for writing program then utilizes different programming software (Auto-CAD (where applicable), ProE, ESPRIT, ProNC) to write the code to program wire electrical discharge machine, plunge electrical discharge machine and CNC milling center to fabricate tooling or electrodes needed.
Uses inspection instruments such as comparator, height gage, job blocks, calipers, micrometers and gages, etc., to take actual readings to ensure parts meet final inspection requirements.
Has to be able to draw and create blow-ups to be utilized on profile grinder.
Fits and assembles component parts into mold cavities and verifies dimensions, alignment and clearance (where applicable)
Designs and fabricates jigs and fixtures to hold various pieces of tooling to perform EDM work.
Fabrication and hand fitting of tooling.
Provides instruction and technical guidance to trainees and/or peers in area(s) of speciality.
Makes needed modifications or recommends design changes to improve on design, function and ability to fabricate tooling utilizing the wire or plunge electrical discharge machine.
Must inventory and order all necessary supplies to keep EDM room operating efficiently.
Must maintain and perform maintenance on all the CNC equipment to keep it operating in top condition.
General housekeeping of work area.
Follow company and department guidelines, procedures and policies.
Follow safety guidelines.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
HS diploma or GED
Associate's Degree in Toolmaking or related field is preferred.
Completion of Accredited Apprenticeship program is strongly preferred.
Minimum of 3 years experience CNC machine operation.
Demonstrated ability to accurately read and interpret blueprints.
Ability to operate milling machines, surface grinders and related shop equipment.
Ability to operate precision measurement devices.
Knowledge of tool design and understanding of fit and function of mold components.
Understanding of Plastics.
Understanding of Mold Tooling.
Excellent math skills including a working knowledge of trigonometry which includes roll dimensions and compound angles.
Understanding of CNC code and programming with various computer software (Auto-CAD, ProE, ESPRIT, ProNC)
Good communication skills.
Ability to multitask and prioritize work in order to successfully accomplish job duties.
Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Below is a searchable map that is not displayable via screenreader Follow this link to reach our Job Search page and search the available jobs in a more accessible manner
Greensboro, NC, US, 24709
Education Experience: High School or Equivalent
Job Segment: CAD, Drafting, CNC, Fabrication, Engineering, Manufacturing, Automotive
External Description:ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to specify equipment and tooling to complete assigned tasks
- Extensive experience in manual machining required - milling, turning and grinding
- Experience in MIG/TIG welding and metal fabrication needed
- Ability to work from prints or make parts from measurements
- Ability to specify appropriate materials for projects
- Experience fabricating and repairing assembly and welding jigs
- Carry out specific assignments as directed by the Maintenance Work Order system and supervisor's instructions
- Complete Company Training, which may include travel to other manufacturing locations or vendors
- Assist in establishing and maintaining maintenance standards and procedures
- Maintain a neat, clean and orderly work area
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required. On-call duty may be required over holidays and weekends
- Participate inKaizen and Lean Activities
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, squat, and climb.
- Stand and walk up to eight hours per day.
- Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles.
It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to eight hours a day.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- High School diploma or GED required. AA degree or specialized training preferred.
- Display communication and leadership skills, both written and verbally.
- Must be able to interpret and understand blueprints, process routings, B.O.M. and various manuals.
- Powersports and/or automotive mechanical knowledge strongly preferred.
- High mechanical aptitude a must.
- Welding, engine knowledge and fabrication abilities required.
- Must be a self-starter and complete projects without continual supervision.
- Must have high values in ethics & integrity.
- Must be willing to accept assignment changes and maintain a positive attitude toward change.
- Must be willing and able to travel for training as required.
Qualified candidates must be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or a GED, and have the permanent right to work in the Unites States without sponsorship.
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 8,000 employees in 16 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2014 sales of $4.5 billion.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles. Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory® and Indian Motorcycle® and Slingshot™ brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris Engineered Parts, Accessories and Apparel, Klim branded apparel and ORV accessories under the Kolpin®, Cycle Country® and Pro Armor® brands.
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alaska Roteq Corporation serves the Alaska industry with 35,000 square feet of enclosed operations, primarily for the servicing and repair of rotating equipment. We offer the largest machining equipment in Alaska. We provide full Machining Services, Thermal Spray Coating, Welding, Balancing, Field Machining, Field Mechanics and Engineering among our many other services. Pump repair is also an Alaska Roteq specialty - not only in Wasilla but all of Alaska. We are committed to Safety and a culture centered on quality and service.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Machinist who can set up and operate at least three different conventional machine tools to perform complete machining and repairs of metallic and non-metallic materials for parts from complicated design drawings, sketches and/or verbal instructions, including set up and operation of machine tools as required by work assignment.
- Makes set ups and adjustments on all machine tools for complete machining and repairs of Alaska Roteq components to complicated design drawings,
- Makes set ups and adjustments on at least three different machines for complete machining and repairs of Alaska Roteq to complicated design drawings, sketches, sample parts and/or verbal instructions while maintaining tolerances of .0005” or less. If they do not understand, ask questions.
- Uses Company and personal measuring devices for checking components for conformity to previous instructions.
- Further develops operating skills on other assigned machines. This position is expected to work on several different machines as required by the operating schedule of the shop. In addition there will be a certain amount of overtime required in order to meet the maintenance scheduled requirements of Alaska Roteq’s customers.
- Assists in training of other employees.
- In the absence of the Quality Control Inspector, inspect other Machinist’s parts for conformance to drawing specifications and Alaska Roteq’s quality standards.
- Maintains assigned equipment, maintenance logs and work areas in a clean and orderly condition. Performs routine maintenance at regular intervals on their primary machine. Also checks their secondary machines for fluid levels, grease, etc. prior to use.
- Performs assignments maintaining safe conditions throughout the work area. Checks parts to determine if they are safe to handle.
- Adheres to company quality control policies and processes.
- Maintains close working relationship with fellow workers to help promote trust, integrity and respect in the workplace.
- Understands and adheres to company operating policies in the Employee Handbook.
- The above description may not be all inclusive for this job and other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
What do we require?
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus a minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. With help this position can set up their assigned machine to achieve Alaska Roteq’s and the customer’s quality requirements.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple to moderately complicated machine drawings and other documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one exchange with other employees.
- Ability to use basic mathematics and has a working knowledge of trigonometry tables for figuring various angles, radii and chord lengths.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Graduation and certification from a trade machinist school would be greatly helpful.
This Job Description was created in part by the Avitus Group through our Job Advertising Service. Avitus Group is a Professional Services organization focused on helping companies Simplify, Strengthen, and Grow their business. This Advertisement is a part of our Recruiting Services as we assist our clients with finding the right talent for their hiring needs. This job opportunity is for and with the client listed above and not with the Avitus Group
Machinist - 2Nd Or 3Rd Shift
Leading manufacturer and worldwide distributor has an immediate need for a Machinist for 2nd shift and a Machinist for 3rd shift.
The Machinists creates and designs machine parts by analyzing specifications, metal stock, setting-up and operating machine tools, and fit and assemble parts, and repair cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and miscellaneous components using manual and CNC machines.
Duties and Responsibilities
Plans machining by analyzing work orders, blueprints, sketches, models, and/or descriptions to determine dimensions and setup requirements
Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material as guides for subsequent machining as necessary
Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required
Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, depth and angle of cut, and/or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control
Responsible for heat treating parts
Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions and adjust machine controls as required
Measures and inspects tools to verify conformance of finished work
Works closely with Engineers, Production, Programmers, Toolmakers to resolve machining and assembly problems
Promote a safe workplace by performing all tasks in a safe and thoughtful manner in compliance with all rules, procedures, instructions, devices, equipment and use of appropriate personal protective equipment. Maintain vigilance for any hazardous conditions or practices in the workplace and immediately report any unsafe condition or practice to your supervisor.
Performs other duties as directed
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding organization and documentation skills
- Strong critical thinking skills using logic and analysis to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Prioritize and complete a variety of tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal, written and reading comprehension skills
- Possesses a strong commitment to a team environment while working well with others
- Well-versed in analyzing and interpreting blueprints, sketches, models, and/or descriptions
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles
- Ability to apply understanding of machine systems to design, fabricate, maintain, and identify improvement possibilities
- Working knowledge of machine troubleshooting problems and determine solutions
- Knowledge of hand tools and large scale machines
- Solid understanding of mathematics and the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to hold a tolerance as close as + - .0005
- Well-versed in hydraulics, pneumatics, brazing and soldering
- Proficient in Computer Numerical Controls
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Parts Management System, CMMS System, Creo and CAD Software
- Associate's Degree in CNC Machining and/or Related Field
- 2 + years in Machining and/or CNC Programming
1. Associate's degree in CNC Machining or related field?
2. 2+ years of experience in machining or CNC programming?
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!