Compounder Cork Job Description Sample
Requisition ID 3177
Position Type (US)Full Time
Posting Type DNI
Posting Type NCB
Kerry is a global leader in taste & nutrition. Our manufacturing facilities produce and supply the world with over 15,000 different food, beverage, and pharmaceutical products throughout the world.
With a commitment toward sustainability and reputation for innovation, a career with Kerry offers you the chance to change the way the world sees food and nutrition. A career with Kerry is something you can feel good about
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
Our Clark location creates flavor ingredients and beverages for Kerry customers and brands. We are a fast paced, never a dull moment manufacturing facility with a culture of accountability and team work. If you've got an eagle eye for quality and are looking for a team to develop and grow with then this job might be the one for you!
2nd and 3rd shift available!
As a Compounder at our Clark, NJ facility you'll be responsible for compounding formulas, mixing and heating product to ensure quality and consistency in batches and properly labeling batches to submit to the lab for evaluation. You'll work alongside our lab techs and sanitation team to ensure our products remain at the highest of quality standards.
Qualifications and skills
Forklift experience required
Experience within the flavor or a closely related industry required
Must be proficient in compounding techniques and raw material handling
HS Diploma or equivalent preferred
Able to lift up to 80lbs
Must be proficient in the use of scales and other compounding equipment
160 Terminal Ave, Clark, NJ 07066
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can be found here: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf and here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
Kerry is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please send an eMail to KAcareers@Kerry.com and let us know the nature of your request.
Compounder C - 3Rd Shift## Melville
Compounder C - 3rd Shift
Brand: Estée Lauder Companies
Under general supervision, prepares simple formulations to include oil and water plus one ingredient, color solutions, slurrys and submanufacturing bases and completes the process through the emulsification stage; cleans kettles, pump and mixers.
1.Reviews manufacturing procedure with Supervisor of Level B Compounder to ensure that equipment and raw materials are available.
2.Gathers and weighs accurately raw materials to be utilized in preparing simple formulations, such as color solutions, slurry, sub-manufacturing bases, oil and water plus one ingredient.
3.Transfers in phases ingredients to blenders, kettles, mixing tanks.
4.Under supervision, heats oil phase and water phase of batch in kettles.
5.Under supervision, combines oil and water phase at designated temperature to achieve emulsification.
6.Transfers batches to previously prepared containers for storage of mass, completing all paperwork attendant to storage procedure.
7.Submits samples of prepared batches to Quality Control for approval.
8.Cleans kettles, mills, pumps and silverson mixers to prevent product contamination.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Must have and maintain a good attendance and lateness record.
Job: Manufacturing - Supply Chain
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-Melville
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 3rd (Night) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Number: 183386
Mixer/ Compounder 2Nd Shift
The Compounder is responsible for manufacturing product batches according to formula procedures and operating processing equipment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as business demands.
- Wash, sanitize, and set up all necessary manufacturing equipment used in making of the chemical batches.
- Properly operate processing equipment (i.e., pumps, tanks, mixers, etc.)
- Adjust the speed of the mixer when necessary.
- Draw a sample of product and Take sample to lab to be tested.
- Initial batch sheets and sign tank cards to verify that the formulas/procedures were followed when compounding each product.
- Safely operate forklift to move pallets, drums, tanks around the department.
- Understand the full process of the Compounding Department.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be available to work 2:00 p.m - 10:30 pm Mon- Fri
Pay Rate: $12 - $15/hr based on experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Two years of work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Two years of work experience in compounding
- Basic comfort with mechanical applications to become familiar with basic machine functions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
- Must read and follow written instructions and add and subtract simple fractions
- Ability to work in independently or in teams while maintaining a favorable working relationship with other company employees
- Regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel and/or crouch
- Capable to lift or move 50 lbs
- Occasionally required to climb or balance
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The work is performed in a warehouse environment. Workers are regularly exposed to dust, odors, noise and variable temperatures. The employee works with moving mechanical parts and machinery.
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent preferred. Two years relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
Medical, Dental, Vision 401K and Life Insurance available. PTO hours AND Holiday pay available after 90 days! Located in North Austin.
All Compounders are responsible for all activities associated with the manufacturing and filling operations, required to produce sterile drug products under aseptic conditions.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Formulate and compound sterile products under aseptic conditions.
Filling of sterile products under aseptic conditions.
Weighing and staging of raw materials. This requires pushing a kettle (on wheels) that weighs over 150 pounds.
Set up/preparation/cleaning and autoclaving components used in aseptic manufacturing operations. (Some lifting required, up to 55-60 lbs.) Any object greater than 60 pounds, not to exceed 100 lbs. must require the use of a buddy system. This system requires two employees to lift the object. No employee can lift any object greater than 60 lbs by themselves.
Cleaning and sanitizing aseptic production areas.
Reading and understanding written instruction as detailed on production batch records.
Routine aseptic gowning practices (must qualify by passing daily environmental monitoring). NOTE: Must have flexibility, discipline and not fall out of established limits.
Must assume any position required within the department for coverage.
- Assist in packaging operations as needed in the event of manpower shortages
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum two years pharmaceutical industry experience preferably in Aseptic manufacturing.
High School diploma or GED required; Associate's Degree preferred
Ability to meet attendance standards. All full-time employees are required to work a 40 hour week, most of which has to be during "regular" business hours. At times it may be necessary to work additional hours in order to get the required tasks accomplished to meet deadlines.
Must be a team orientated person.
Working knowledge of the metric system used for weighing raw materials and component preparation.
Q.E.P. Co., Inc., a publicly traded company founded in 1979, is a $300+ million industry leader and global manufacturer, marketer, and distributor to the home improvement industry.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Control Technician at our new facility in Tolleson, Arizona. The hours are Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assemble all materials to commence compounding including raw materials, chemical agents, buckets, lids, etc.
Operate mixer according to instructions as related through supervisor, QC and batch ticket. This includes the ability to accurately measure and manually add ingredients on an occasional basis of up to 50-55 pounds.
Ability to focus attention on batch in process for any abnormalities in consistency and mixing and immediately report questionable circumstances. Check quality and submit sample to quality control
Maintain accurate record of all batches produced, including accounting of time and materials added.
Ensure empty drums and containers are removed from the mixer and filled drums are transferred designated area.
Ability to wear and properly use all required personal protective equipment, including chemical resistant gloves, respirators, safety glasses, chemical goggles, steel-toe safety shoes and others as assigned.
Cleanup and general housekeeping.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
High school education or equivalent/combination of education and experience.
Ability to communicate in the English language, both written and spoken.
Average ability to work out mathematical calculations, which require extending numbers by using multiplication, division, addition and subtraction.
Two to three years related work experience.
Ability to lift from floor level to a height of four (4) feet.
Must be able to see and to step over obstacles with a height of six (6) inches, and around obstacles of 40 x 48.
Must be able to hear forklift and other related equipment.
Must be able to stand for long periods.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken language.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s.
Ability to perform these operations using weight measurement and volume.
Ability to use scales, measuring devices, sample gauges and markers.
Ability to understand and follow instructions, ability to learn the methods of various tasks, ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This work environment includes use of chemicals and extensive personal protective equipment. Must be able to pass PPE specific medical examinations and testing to allow for safe PPE usage.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in high, precarious places and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, which will require the use of respirators when engineering controls are not sufficient.
The employee works frequently near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The employee frequently works on and near moving material handling equipment.
Shin-Etsu is seeking a punctual, dependable, experienced Technician who will perform the assigned multi-skilled tasks in the production and processing of silicone rubber compounds.
- Measure all raw, in process, and finished materials in an accurate manner. Record weights neatly and accurately.
- Follow all mix instructions explicitly and sign off on each instruction according to standard procedure.
- Use all production equipment and hand tools in a safe and proper manner. Bring any hazards to the team leads attention immediately.
- Follow the Stop, Call, Wait and all other safety procedures explicitly in all aspects of the operation.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion. Clean all production equipment and work areas adjacent to equipment between batches and at end of the shift. Move all scrap, empty containers, and production waste to the proper disposal area. Maintain and clean tools or other aids and store in the proper location.
- Assist in packing out material when batch process is complete.
- Wear respirator (N95 and/or PAPR) when working with silica in restricted areas.
- Make recommendations for changes/improvements to ISO-9000 work procedures as needed.
- Maintain good communication with oncoming shift.
- Use maintenance work order system to communicate any repairs needed to equipment or to resolve an unsafe situation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a production environment preferred.
- Experience with hazardous chemicals at a chemical company strongly preferred.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate (verbal and written) effectively.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Must be able to wear all required PPE.
- This position operates in an inside manufacturing facility.
- The role may operate the following equipment: planetary mixer, ram press, tow motor, Banbury, dispersion mixer, belt, drop mill, extruder, finish mill.
- The position can be exposed high and low temperatures and noises.
- Lifts up to 50lbs
- In contact with silicone rubber, powders, fluids
- Stands 8 hours/day or more
- Performs repetitive hand and arm motions
- Performs twisting, bending, stooping motions
- Forces 55 gallon drums with dolly
Shifts, Schedule, and Wages
2nd shift: 3pm-11:30pm Monday-Friday. OT as needed.
The Compounder prepares blended flavor batch formulations composed of liquid and powder ingredients through efficient and safe operation of machinery and strict adherence to all employee and food safety standards. Interacts with Quality, Production, Management, Maintenance, Rabbis for Kosher approval, and internal and external Auditors. Key competencies: Analytical Skills, Communication & Presentation Skills, Critical Thinking, 5S Lean Manufacturing Practices, Mathematical Skills including Weights and Conversions, and Attention to Detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintain strict adherence to equipment SOPs, GMP standards, food & flavor regulations (kosher), and documentation requirements.*
Adhere to all safety protocols, including use of engineering controls and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work place for all employees.*
Accurately weigh and document ingredients used in Liquid batches.*
Prepare blended flavor batch formulations composed of liquid and powder ingredients to satisfy customer orders.*
Operate equipment according to product manufacturing instructions to produce high quality product in an efficient and cost-effective manner.*
Utilize equipment and facility computer programs to effectively maintain process and material data related to manufacturing requirements.*
Store ingredients and packaging from warehouse for each batch made, assuring proper amounts and lot numbers are used and recorded to assure proper ingredient rotation (FIFO).*
Ensures compliance with OSHA standards of equipment and operations.*
Thoroughly clean, sanitize and organize workspaces and shared facility areas as directed to maintain an efficient and high-quality manufacturing operation and environment.*
Actively participate in periodic training sessions to increase understanding of and abilities related to safety, quality, productivity, materials, and equipment operation.*
Complete and submit prescribed daily and/or weekly checklists of key facility equipment and utilities to ensure consistent and effective operation of manufacturing processes.*
Provide support and guidance to other operators by accessing established operating protocols, coaching and seeking direction from management or technical personnel.*
Perform other duties as assigned by management.*
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma required.*
Experience with in liquid compounding, powder blending, and spray dry preferred.*
Forklift, SAP, FlexNet, Microsoft, and RF Scanner experience preferred.*
Flavor industry desired.*
Train-to-hire; Good training program*
Steady, stable work*
Clean environment/temp controlled*
Full convenience market in facility*
Uniform drop off/pick up/laundry*
Vouchers for Safety Shoes and Prescription Safety Eyewear*
Medical, dental, vision insurance*
401 (k) retirement plan with matching contributions*
Short-term and long-term disability coverage*
Flexible Spending Accounts*
Two weeks paid vacation*
Compounder (Chemical Blender)
Kleen Test Products has an immediate opening for a Chemical Blender on 3rd shift at our Strasburg, Ohio location!
What can KTP do for you?
- Develop yourself- Opportunities for rapid growth and advancement
- Stability- We've never had a lay off!
- Respect and teamwork- You are not just a number at KTP; join our team and let us prove it to you!
What to expect as a KTP Compounder?
- Manufacture batches for liquid fill lines per itemized protocols and in specific order.
- Verify pre-weighed materials and ingredients.
- Weigh, measure, and mix liquids, solids, and powders.
- Use scales and thermometers in auditing batches.
- Ensure product and process effectiveness and purity.
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized work area.
See an invitation video from two of our experienced Compounding Department family members!
What comes next?
- Easy to apply- Less than 5 minutes to complete our online app
- Interview- Meet your future team!
- Quick hire- Start as early as tomorrow!
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED and one to three months of related experience and/or training; 1-2 years of OTC and personal care bulk manufacturing is desired but would consider process oriented manufacturing experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved, written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have basic knowledge of spreadsheets, email, and inventory/manufacturing software programs.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with information.
Perform the tasks associated with bulk solutions manufacture, preparation of solution for filling and all related functions. May perform activities such as documentation & records review, tank usage scheduling and ERPLx transactions.
Shift:WE | Sat-Sun (6:00p-6:00a) & Thu-Fri (10:30p-7:00a)
Batch Compounding; Preparation of Solution Lines. Pharmacy Operations – Raw Material Weighing and Assembly.
Preparation of Filters; Equipment & Area Cleaning. Filling Support/Line Change Over; Tank Scheduling, Documentation & Records Review.
Perform the tasks associated with bulk solutions manufacture, preparation of solution for filling and all related functions. May perform activities such as documentation & records review, tank usage scheduling and ERPLx transactions
Experience: 3 years of manufacturing experience or advanced education degree (2 or 4 year) required; previous compounding experience a plus.
Wide span of control, ability to multi-task, good time management, good interpersonal skills.
The ability to work effectively in a group, or independently. Excellent math and reading comprehension skills; excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Basic computer skills to include Outlook and web based applications.
Be Aware of Recruiting Fraud
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For more than 70 years, The Nature's Bounty Co. has enriched the lives of consumers around the world and stood as the leader in health and wellness by introducing innovative products and solutions to the marketplace. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature's bountiful effects on people's health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature's Bounty®, Sundown Naturals®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Ester-C®, MET-Rx®, Pure Protein®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Puritan's Pride® and Organic Dr.®, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature's Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
The Compounder is responsible for combining and processing materials by blending, mixing, heating, cooling, milling and/or deaerating as per provided instructions within the process of manufacturing vitamins, minerals, herbs and supplements. Also, responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Weigh, mix and dispense the types and amounts of materials that are required in the batch record formula
Identify containers, vessels and processing equipment with the appropriate information to indicate the product being contained or processed
Match all labels, and quantities with the batch record formula
Monitor compounding process periodically and report any abnormal conditions to the Manager or Supervisor
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
Prior manufacturing experience preferred
Military experience a plus
Ability to write simple correspondence
Basic mathematical skills
Reading and understanding written instruction as detailed on production batch records
Must be able to document process as per batch record formula and SOPs
Must be able to load and unload raw materials compounded batches
Physical ability to repetitively lift, stand, climb, bend, etc. within a manufacturing environment
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!