Compounder Flavorings Job Description Sample
Overview Compounder I - 3rd shift, 8:45pm-7:15am, Sunday - Thursday Compounding of sterile and non-sterile finished products. This position requires Rinse Water Certification, Aseptic Gowning Certification, Physical, Respirator Certification, Lock-out/Tag-out Certification, Confined Space training, and Cleanroom Certification. Assumes responsibility for the GMP, ISO, environmental health and safety procedure awareness, and compliance within the respective area.
Responsibilities Responsible for: 1. Perform non-sterile and aseptic compounding activities per batch record documentation.
Must be able to compound Level 1 batches proficiently (simple sterile solutions and simple non-sterile solutions). Document information correctly in batch records, CAMS (operator access level), and area logbooks. Review and verify batch record entries. Assist compounding of Level 2 and 3 batches. 2.
Prepare major and miscellaneous compounding equipment for use. Clean equipment as necessary and perform rinse water testing. Assist in the sterilization (non-aseptic) process. 3.
Perform filter integrity testing. Prepare filters per compounding schedule. 4. Perform daily and weekly scale calibration checks.
Weigh materials not already pre-weighed and staged for the batch. 5. Clean, disinfect and maintain the compounding area. 6. Review new and revised procedures in a timely fashion.
Support OpEx initiative. Perform WISE OWLS observations. Maintain GMP hours and EHS training. All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications High School Diploma Excellent math skills. Detail oriented.
Good communication skills. Mechanical aptitude. Self-initiative.
Refer this job to a friend Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people.
EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet
CategoryOperationsPos. TypeFull Time
We are in need of 6 first shift "6:00AM - 2:30PM" Compounder Operators, the ideal candidate will have experience with batch complexity comprised of more than just a couple ingredients. Direct experience with pilot batching and Knowledge of GMP standard practices. Under the Production manager supervision the Compounder Operator will perform the following job duties,
- Assemble & disassemble all necessary equipment and tools needed for batch making process according to safety,
- GMP, quality and sanitation standards.
- Load raw ingredients into processing equipment per recipe instructions.
- Perform cleaning and simple maintenance procedures on processing equipment.
- Complete necessary paperwork for production, quality, safety records and maintain inventory levels.
- Knowledge of processing/ batching equipment with the ability to maintain all settings within tolerance (temperatures, pressures, RPMs, rates, etc.).
- Must be able to lift or move 50 lbs.
- A couple years of experience in direct batch mixing
- Experience doing own quality checks (pH, color, viscosity, etc.)
- Basic math and writing skills
- Experience in cosmetics, food or pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Must be able to pass a background check in drug screen
To be considered for the position please submit resume
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
This position works in conjunction with supervisor and/or manager to perform the activities of the department, including timely completion of product batches in accordance with GMP, HACCP and safety guidelines, working in cooperation with all other departments, promoting information exchange and teamwork within the department. The Compounder is responsible for the accuracy of batch formulation and compliance with company policy, GMP and HACCP guidelines and safety procedures. The Compounder must contribute to the efficient and profitable operation of the plant and maintain a positive work atmosphere, by behaving and communicating in ways that foster good relationships with co-workers and managers, while achieving performance standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Obtain forms, batch sheets and special instructions from the Production Supervisor or Q.C. Department for the day’s production.
Complete work assigned by Production Supervisor, and ensure timely completion of scheduled activity and all paperwork associated with batches for HACCP, sanitation, etc.
Participate in pre- and post-production meetings as needed, to discuss information and resolve problems.
Complete work assigned by Production Supervisor in accordance with Master Cleaning Schedule and ensure completion of all paperwork.
Comply with all Q.C. instructions.
Make sure that all plant equipment, building and grounds conform to current GMP and sanitation standards.
Ensure that production is accomplished safely, in accordance with all safety procedures and regulations.
Understand and utilize warehouse storage and barcode systems.
Select ingredients according to raw material numbering and barcode systems.
Accurately weigh raw materials according to Batch Formula Sheets.
Assist and train production helpers as needed.
Work in a wet, noisy, fast-paced environment, walking and standing constantly throughout the day, occasionally lifting 50 lbs.
Must be reliable in attendance and punctuality.
All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Background in production, familiar with production lines and processing machinery.
Knowledge of safety, sanitation, HACCP and GMP standards and procedures.
Good written and oral English communication skills, basic computer skills.
Proficient with math conversions using calculator, familiar with metric system, weights and measures.
Must report to any company location according to company need.
Allen Flavors, Inc. is looking for Compounder Blenders!
Great work environment and training opportunities!
Are you someone who wants to grow and work with a great group of dynamic individuals? Who wants a new challenge and bring contribution to a company? Come and grow with us! Where everybody will know your name. Interested candidates should forward their resumes for consideration.
Allen Flavors, Inc. is a flavor formulation and ingredient supply-company currently seeking Compounder Blenders to work in a team environment to contribute to the manufacturing of product(s) formulation. This position consists of, but is not limited to, working collaboratively with others to achieve successful compounding and blending of batches. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Compounder Blenders are an essential part of Allen Flavors success! They properly weigh ingredients, label and document products, and mix and blend materials. Good basic math skills are essential in this position to calculate percentages, reconcile inventories and convert measurements to metric.
Responsibilities of the Compounder Blender include:
• Execute batch records and procedures/Ensure product’s effectiveness and purity.
• Weigh components used in batches and document pre-weighs.
• Make pre-blends for larger batches.
• Complete daily scale checks and calibrations.
• Monitor inventory.
• Maintain records manually and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Analyze processes, determine next steps and ensure all prior steps are completed.
• Communicate and document processes in multi-tasked/multi-shift operations.
• Understand and implement Company Certified programs such as HACCP, SQF, Food Defense and Safety programs.
• Other duties as assigned by
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:Education:
High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 1- 2 years of production/manufacturing experience.
• Excellent numerical skills.
• Ability to read and interpret instructions.
• Knowledge of weights and measures and the ability to compare them.
• Knowledge of finished blends and raw blends preferred.
• Some mechanical experience preferred.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. and roll a 300 lb. drum.
• Superior communication skills (verbal and written).
• Team Player.
• Detail Oriented and ability to multi-task.
At Allen Flavors, Inc. we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encourage to reach their full potential. We offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities and outstanding benefit programs.
• Vacation/Sick/Personal Paid Time Off
• Holiday Per Yearly Schedule
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage
• Life Insurance
• And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs
Allen Flavors, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
Reports To: Operations Manager
Controls raw materialsby using quantities required and specific to produce finished products and intermediates; receiving, sampling and verifying raw material supplies; recording raw materials usage.
PREPARES MIXERby cleaning and preparing the vessel for use in accordance to established procedures. Setting equipment controls; weighing and loading raw materials into the mixer.
Essential Job Functions
PRODUCES PRODUCT by mixing raw materials; monitoring and adjusting the mixing process. Completes associated documentation and electronic checks in the proper sequence.
PREPARES PRODUCT FOR NEXT PROCESS by unloading the mixer into totes, drums or vessels and, labeling the finished batch.
MAINTAINS QUALITY STANDARDS By verifying weight and contents of raw materials; conducting in-process batch inspections; documenting all process events; approving product for next step in manufacturing process. Submit completed documentation in a timely fashion.
PREPARES FOR NEXT BATCH by cleaning mixing equipment with Clean-In-Place (CIP) system, Steam-In-Place (SIP) system, washing with water, sanitizing with specified sanitizers and/or with specified methods.
MAINTAINS OPERATIONS by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes, inconsistencies, and needs for maintenance support. Monitor utilities such as boiler, chilled water and compressed air systems and sub systems such as softened water, sumps, and controls; take readings from meters and recorders. Change filters, clean strainers and perform cleaning processes when required; perform process related maintenance.
MAINTAINS SAFE AND CLEAN WORKING ENVIRONMENT by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Understands fully the intent of the cGMP's. Participates in and adopts safety initiatives.
MAINTAINS CONTINUITY AND CONTRIBUTES TO TEAM EFFORT AMONG WORK TEAMS by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. Supports objectives set for the Team and coworkers. Accomplishes related results as needed and in a timely fashion.
PARTICIPATES IN THE FORMALIZATION OF PRODUCTION by writing procedures, SOP, participating in audits and supporting the validation department.
ADJUSTS FUNCTIONAL PARTS OF DEVICES AND CONTROL INSTRUMENTS by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
OPERATES LIQUID WASTE SYSTEM by running waste water operations to prepare wastes for discharge in compliance with regulations. Monitor system levels, plan for the eventual handling of expected outfalls from the process. Monitor sampling devices and flow monitors, submit samples, document operation where required by procedures.
HANDLES HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS after reading MSDS’s and using the required personnel protective equipment for use in waste water, water systems, cleaning purposes and other requirements witch would involve the need for chemicals.
Skills and Abilities:
Understand and use specifications.
Use hands, arms and fingers.
Work to precise measurements.
Visualize how finished product will look or how system will operate.
Use arithmetic to measure, or compute amount of materials to use, and to inspect product to be sure it conforms to requirements.
Lift and move materials and products
Climb and balance self.
Work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
Stay calm in face of emergency or danger.
Able to coordinate activities between people and departments.
Physical Demands: Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Climbing. Balancing. Stooping. Kneeling. Crouching. Crawling. Reaching. Handling. Fingering. Feeling. Seeing. Hearing. Smelling
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Performs duties primarily inside however, some functions may require work outdoors. Extremes of Heat Plus Temperature Changes: Extremes of Heat: Temperature sufficiently high to cause marked bodily discomfort unless the worker is provided with exceptional protection. Temperature Changes: Variations in temperature, which are sufficiently marked and abrupt to cause noticeable bodily reactions.
Wet and Humid:Wet: Contact with water or other liquids. Humid: Atmospheric condition with moisture content sufficiently high to cause marked bodily discomfort.
Noise and Vibration:Sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to cause marked distraction or possible injury to the sense of hearing, and /or sufficient vibration (production of an oscillating movement or strain on the body or its extremities from repeated motion or shock) to cause bodily harm if endured day after day.
Reasoning, Mathematical and Language Development are indicative of the general level of development required to do this job. Some, but not necessarily all, areas mentioned in this section will be included in this job.
Reasoning Development: Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Mathematical Development: Compute percentages or calculate volumes, weights and measures.
Language Development: Read and understand instructions, safety rules and, quality requirements. Complete reports and forms with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speak with poise, voice control and confidence using correct English and well-modulated voice.
High School diploma 5 years’ experience in batch manufacturing or liquid blending in a chemical, food, pharmaceutical or, cosmetic and personal care products environment OR, an equivalent level of education and experience.
KIK is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 19 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales; KCP (operating as KIK Custom Products) is one of North America's largest custom manufacturers of both National Brand and Retailer Brand consumer products. KCP's product lines include Laundry, Household Cleaners, Pool & Spa, Car Care, Sun Care, OTC Medicated, Pharmaceutical and Health & Beauty Care, all supported by KCP's in-house technical expertise and value-added services.
Personal Care: Our Personal Care business markets the Bullfrog®, Ocean Potion® and No-Ad® Sun and Skin Care brands, as well as private label. We develop, design and manufacture products from concept to store shelf in many different packaging formats supporting our strategic Personal Care initiatives.
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Rubber Compounder NE-Mccook, United States Group: Fluid Connector Grp N.
America Job Family: Engineering Job ID: 6580-1A Posted: 2017-06-19
ResourceMFG is seeking a highly motivated Chemical Compounder for their direct client based on the South Western side of Indianapolis. This is a contract to hire opportunity. We are looking to start someone ASAP. Pay is $15.50/hr and currently hiring for 2 shifts - B & D.
Please see the job description below:
• Exp. in chemical batching
• Quality exp.
• Detailed Oriented
• Will be weighing out chemicals
• Attaching water hoses
• Will need to climb ladders
• Pick up 50 pounds
• Recording weight amounts – must be exact on numbers and copying numbers from one place to another.
- Responsible for the accurate formulation of all production lots
- Assembles various ingredients for processing, mixing, and blending
- Measure appropriate amounts of each ingredient according to specific formulas while monitoring product output from mixing equipment operation
- Demonstrates behaviors related to safety, quality, and production
- Identifies and communicates manufacturing related issues to production manager
- Cleans and sanitizes all tanks and equipment used in the compounding process in accordance with Applechem's SOP's and GMP.
- Fill out all forms for recording production batches
- Perform general housekeeping of the manufacturing floor and workstations to maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary to support production schedule and maintenance within the compounding department
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years previous experience compounding, blending or batch mixing
- Ability to read and understand batch record requirements
- Perform basic math, weights and measures
- Forklift certified
- Computer knowledge a plus
- Team player and ability to multitask
- Must be very detail oriented
Compounder Pre Weigher 2Nd And 3Rd Shift
·Weigh raw materials for manufacturing batches into appropriate containers and clearly label
·Lifting raw materials from pallet to work station (bags up to 50lbs and drums up to 500lbs)
· Check physical inventory
· Performs general housekeeping duties within work area
·Observes company safety procedures and policies
·Conform to SOP’s and CGMP
·Keep cleaning log books accurately and up to date
·Ensure a clean and tidy work place
·Other duties as needed
· Chemical processing experience or batch mixing in a manufacturing environment
·Basic computer skills
·Ability to read / write and speak clearly
·Able to work independently
·Ability to operate, maintain and troubleshoot weighing equipment, and make minor adjustments as needed
·Personal Protection Equipment
CAM can assist HR teams and executive leadership with their sourcing strategies and other fundamentals surrounding the search and securing of top talent. Whether you are a job seeker, start up, or an established organization, allow us to be your partner and accomplish
Chemical Compounder / Batch Maker
The Chemical Compounder position is responsible for operating various chemical reactors and mixers to produce the company's finished products. The position follows standard work procedures and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
- Accurately pre-stages all ingredients listed on batch sheet(s) and confirms weight on all dry materials.
- Understands all formulation equipment, including pumps, agitators, gearboxes, and filter/straining equipment.
- Loads raw materials into various batch-making machines, monitors reactive processes, retrieves product samples for quality testing, and makes adjustments as directed.
- Completes all required paperwork, as required by company production and inventory procedures.
- Follows all company safety protocols, to reduce workplace injury and risk.
- Ensures proper hazardous waste management of material generated through compounding process.
- lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds;
- walking/standing for extended periods of time;
- bending, crouching, or stooping;
- climbing or balancing.
- Ability to comprehend written instructions;
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations;
- A high diploma or GED is required;
- Forklift experience is preferred, but not required;
- Previous chemical production experience is preferred, but not required.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!