Compression Molding Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator - Compression Molding - Lake City, MN
Description Join the industry leading fireplace manufacturer! Hearth & Home Technologies (HHT), a HNI Corporation operating company, is the leading manufacturer and distributor of hearth products (fireplaces, stoves, inserts and related finishing products) in North America. Advancement opportunities available! 2nd or 3rd shift Optional $1.50/shift differential! Compression Molding Operator will operate presses and robots to produce fireboxes, burners and decorative vent caps using in production. Forklift, painting and troubleshooting skills helpful. Become part of a profitable company, making innovative products! Many benefits Start Day 1 of hire: Holidays, PTO, Medical, 401K and more. 3+ weeks of PTO upon hire! (prorated 1st year) Apply at: www.hearthnhome.com/careers Hearth & Home Technologies 800 W Jefferson St Lake City, MN 55041 www.hearthnhome.com
Requirements The right candidates will possess:
Proficient in basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, decimals), has 3 + years experience in a manufacturing, operating a forklift and a strong mechanical aptitude. Posted at: Thursday, November 16, 2017 Job Req#: 4618PPV
Work Experience:* Machine Operating Experience
Shift:* Multiple Shifts Available
EEO Category:* Laborers and Helpers
Company:* Hearth & Home Technologies
Location:* HHT, Lake City, MN
Machine Operator - Solid Dosage Compression
Job Summary Responsible for breaking down, cleaning, tooling, setting up, running, and monitoring Tablet compression machines such that all quality and/or customer specifications are achieved in an effective and efficient manner. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare compression equipment for use, to include: - Following SOP's, clean all compression equipment, tooling and rooms.
Get next scheduled product from operation specialist.
Gather all necessary paperwork to manufacture the next scheduled lot.
Verify product for use in the manufacture of each production lot.
Manufacture tablet cores, to include: - Follow the batch record instruction to manufacture the tablets
Document all processing steps in the batch record
Monitor and graph physical characteristics of tablets per SOP - Reconcile the final bulk product
Overtime as required.
Knowledge and compliance of company policies and SOP's.
Knowledge and understanding of all cGMP's related to this position.
Other duties as assigned. Job Specifications Minimum
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must complete the operator certification program within 6 months. Skills and Abilities
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Some mechanical experience helpful.
Good math skills.
Accuracy and attention to detail is required. Supervisory Responsibilities
N/A Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
Frequently required to stand, walk, and use both hands.
The employee must be able to maneuver weights up to 100 pounds on occasion and lift up to 50 pounds and regularly up to 25 pounds.
Must be able to work in a dusty environment with a wide range of raw materials.
Must wear personal protective equipment as required by batch record and SOP's, which may include: dust masks, gloves, goggles, and hearing protection.
Molding Machine Operator 2Nd & 3Rd Shifts Available
Plastic Molding Machine Operator
Responsible for operating and tending plastic molding machines to mold or cast thermoplastic parts or products.Primary responsibilities
- Operate plastic molding and casting machines.
- Mold and cast metal or thermoplastic parts.
- Design and develop new molds, molding processes, techniques, process
- improvements and cost reductions.
- Develop and document manufacturing instructions and data sheets.
- Operate compression or injection molding machines.
- Mix catalysts and coloring pigments.
- Operate mixing machine.
- Repair and maintain machines.
- Cut off excess material.
- Grind scraps into powder.
- Read specifications to determine setup and prescribed temperature and time settings.
- Pour product into mold.
- Remove cured product from mold.
- Inspect products for surface defects and flaws.
- Ensure conformance to specifications.
- Position and secure assembled mold and mold components.
- Put dies into machine.
- Coat dies with parting agent.
- Eliminate production of defective parts and products.
- Weigh compounds and pour compounds into die well.
- Fill machine hoppers.
- Regulate molding temperature, volume, pressure, and time.
- Activate machine to inject dies.
- Attach connecting lines.
Must be able to use an impact wrench for long periods and the ability to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis.
2nd shift 3-11 and 3rd shift 11-7 available.
A1 Staffing is an agency that specializes in meeting the demands for Light industrial, medical, government/state agencies, and administrative positions, offering temporary, professional placement, and contract personnel. A1 Staffing & Recruiting Agency Inc. is committed to providing our clients with the very best employment services. We are a personnel agency with high goals and expectations. We strive to be fair, honest, and professional in all our dealings.
Compression Molding Technician
Employee Profile: Seeking individual willing to learn and works well with their peers and supervisors, reports for work at the appointed time and ready to begin work. Gives attention to detail, quality goals and takes pride in their work. Ability to read work instructions, drawings and follow floor supervision and Job Traveler direction. Must be able to perform simple math addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Shall use calipers and micrometers in the course of daily work. Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
1) Sets up and operates compression molding machines to mold BMC and SMC products according to specifications: Installs dies on press, using clamps, bolts, and hand tools, and coats dies with parting agents, according to work order Job Traveler, work process instructions (WPI) and part specification.
2) Sets thermostat to regulate temperature of dies.
3) Weighs premixed or pre-extruded compounds and accurately places compound into mold per part specification.
4) Presses button or pulls lever to activate machines to compress compounds between dies to form and cure specified products.
5) Removes cured products from mold, using ejectors or hand tools and air hose. Clears and cleans mold of molding debris and applies part release as required prior to molding parts.
6) Observes machine operation and examines products ejected by machines to determine whether products meet specifications, using calipers. Accurately records dimensional data on worksheets provided for each part.
7) Turns pressure control knobs, bolts, and hand wheels to adjust machines.
8) Finishes parts, post molded using jigs, fixtures, etc. to accurately trim and drill parts per specification. Shall operate sand blasting cabinet to prep. surface per specification and WPI.
9) Shall inspect, mark, stack and package each component per individual specification.
10) Provides accurate and complete production report records to be turned in at days end per the WPI and Job Traveler.
11) Packages and palletizes completed orders as instructed per part specification and WPI.
12) Shall operate compression molding machines to form product under pressure and be designated Assistant Press Operator.
Compression Molding Operator-1St Shift
Company located near Downtown Houston seeking Compression Molding Operator. This is a very physically demanding job, working in a mechanical HOT Oven environment.
-Seeking 1+ years of compression molding experience or machine shop experience
-Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment, not climate controlled, Hot environment
-Ability to work 1st shift
-Long-Term Temporary-to-hire opportunity
Injection Molding Machine Operator
Injection Mold Machine Operator - Milford, CT
Responsible for assisting in product line workmanship and productivity as follows (activities will be supervised by Group Leader with direct management responsibility from Production Management).
Specific tasks include:
1. Perform a variety of machining operations using equipment such as, but not limited to, shears, presses, sanders, rollers, arbor presses, drills and related machines, lathes and hand tools such as squares, calipers, micrometers, plug gauges, indicators, and other production gauges. Clean and lubricate machinery. Assist in the execution of minor set ups and adjustments.
2. Assist in 1st piece and in-process inspection. Must ensure that product quality is of highest standards.
3. Responsible for accurate recording of quantities produced, scrap and time worked.
4. Maintain all other records (work orders, move tickets, etc.) necessary for your work area.
5. Comply with all safety requirements. Enlist support of supervisor/manager if any safety issues are observed.
6. Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Observe any special requirements to maximize cleanliness and minimize debris in the work area.
7. Perform other duties as required.
Must have injection mold experience.
Prior relevant manufacturing experience is required for this position.
Injection Molding Machine Operator
Looking for Full Time employees to start immediately. This is at our Festus, MO location.
- 1) Sets up and operates injection-molding machines to cast products from thermoplastic materials: Installs dies on machine, according to work order specifications, using clamps, bolts, and handtools.
- 2) Sets machine controls, regulating molding temperature, volume of plastic, molding pressure and time, according to knowledge of plastics and molding procedures.
- 3) Dumps premixed plastic powders or pellets into hopper, and starts machine.
- 4) Pulls lever to close dies and inject plastic into dies to cast part.
- 5) Removes finished product from dies, using handtools.
- 6) Trims excess material from part, using knife.
- 7) May mix thermoplastic materials and coloring pigments in mixing machine, according to formula.
- 8) May grind scrap plastic into powder for reuse.
976 S. Highway Dr Fenton, MO 63026 M-F 9am-3pm.
Molding Machine Operator
Snelling Staffing is seeking a Molding Machine Operator to operate molding presses and other machinery in the production department, following instructions
included in the visual instructions screen and work order, or given by the supervisor or setup technician.
2nd: 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm
3rd: 10:30 pm – 7:00 am
Molding Machine Operator responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ability to follow verbal instructions and read basic work instructions
• Ability to determine slight differences in color and other visual blemishes (molding defects)
• Ability to keep count accurately
• Visually inspect parts for defects and separate from production run
• Accurately report scrap
• Prepare product for packaging
• Pack parts for shipment according to instruction
• Keep work area clean and organized
• Maintain a positive working relationship with co‐workers in all departments
• Document job hours, ISO documentation
• Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor
Requirements to the Molding Machine Operator:
• Ability to stand for an entire shift (8‐10 hrs / day)
• Stamina to work all assigned hours
• Hearing and speaking required 100% of the workday
• No restrictions on twisting and bending (to move product)
• Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs)
• Regular use of hands (100% of time)
• Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
• Frequent reaching, climbing, stooping, kneeling and crouching
Associates interested in the Molding Machine Operator position please apply directly for immediate consideration and call 847-640-6618.
Snelling takes the time to understand you. We want to know what your specific career goals are, and help make them a reality. By taking the time to personally interview you, we are able to understand your experience, personality, and needs. We understand that people thrive in supportive, motivating and challenging work environments. Let us be your partner in finding the right opportunity. With our 65 years of experience, Snelling is dedicated to providing the direction and resources that you need to succeed. Our team is here to help guide you through the process of finding your next right-fit job opportunity.
Entry Level Molding Machine Operator
Everyone likes to feel pride in their work. At PeopleReady, we make that happen! We have opportunities right now for hardworking people looking for a reliable paycheck.
Are you committed to safety, and have excellent attendance? We are ready to put you to work! We are currently hiring for a 3rd shift Molder in Delano, MN.
This company is looking for long-term employees to join their growing business. New employees will be moved to different areas the first few weeks to determine where they fit best. There is a lot of training involved with this company so you are guaranteed to learn new skills.
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
The Molder must understand and perform to standard the following aspects related to this position:
- Rotational molding processes.
- The variables related to the molding process, including time, temperature, cooling, mold releases, etc.
- The characteristics of all standard resins used by their division (i.e. knowing what the proper cure is for each material and how to check the cure.
- Mold preparation and mold maintenance techniques.
- Quality standards for each machine (found on the process sheets located in the machine areas).
- Pressure testing requirements for all tanks as stated on the process sheets.
- Critical dimensions and characteristics of each part and how to check these to maintain consistency.
- How to effectively conduct a first part inspection to approve a set-up.
Must be willing to submit to pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Shift: Sunday- Thursday 10:45pm- 7am
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.JB.0.31.LN
Molding Machine Set-Up Operator
WHO IS STANLEY BLACK & DECKER? We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what vehicle you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. Our purpose is to create the innovative solutions for those that make the world. Copy and paste the website below into your browser to learn more about how it is our purpose to innovate for those that make our world! https://youtu.be/eCAyHO3TWPM
WHYWORK FOR STANLEY BLACK & DECKER? Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things. As a Fortune 500 Company that was recently named one of the Top 100 Companies for Millennial Women and one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies, Stanley Black and Decker always strives for excellence when it comes to our employees. We are a stable yet always advancing company with a proven track record for longevity and quality. The Stanley Black and Decker New Britain Tools Plant also offers employees a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
Disability * 401k * TWO Pension plans * ESPP * Vacation * 11 Paid holidays
Flexible Training opportunities and more!
Responsibilities may include: * Machine Setups that involve changing of molds, setting a variety of limit switches to achieve proper mold height, stroke, closing, etc.
Set injection pressures, adjust material feed and back pressure and ram speed.
Set heat controls and timers.
Set up automatic product removal system and conveyor for automatic operation and adjust ejection system for proper removal of product.
Perform wiring hookups required for limit switches. Adjust ejection system for proper removal of product. Install necessary plumbing apparatus and connect temperature control equipment, parts separation equipment and wiring hookups.
Monitor operation of automatic equipment, unload parts, cut off sprue and gates and place in container. Spot check work and make adjustments to maintain tolerances.
Make minor repairs to fixtures and equipment and lubricate machines as required.
Requirements: * Must have prior experience operating and setting-up molding machines. * Must have prior experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Must be mechanically inclined. * Must be able to work a 2nd shift (3:00 PM – 11:00 PM).Requisition Number: 50341BR
Title:* Molding Machine Set-Up Operator
Business:* US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)
State / Country / Province:* Connecticut
City:* New Britain
No. of Positions:* 1 EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!