Compressor Job Description Sample
Compressor Valve & Compressor Component Repair
Samco Enterprises, Inc. was established in 1972 and is a multi-generational family owned business specializing in compressor valve and component repair, manufacturing and supply. We are looking for hard-working people to join our team in Odessa. We are looking for valve rebuilders, manual machinist, inventory personnel, office staff, and general shop help.
Disassembles, inspects, repairs, and re-assembles compressor valves, packing cases and piston and rod assemblies and other compressor parts
Experience with compressor valves and compressor parts
Operating equipment, sand blasters, lathes, lapping machines, drill presses, etc.
Keep work area clean and organized
Maintain min/max of compressor valve internals in stock
Perform “as found reports”
Perform final inspection reports
Great Attention to detail
Sets, maintains, repairs and operates compressors in their respective area. Performs preventative maintenance and routine mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic repairs on company assets.
Performs preventative maintenance on equipment according to established guidelines and time frames.
Troubleshoots and diagnoses routine problems or recurring malfunctions of company assets and chooses course of action. Consults with supervisor to ensure accuracy of diagnosis and approval for work.
Completes troubleshooting repairs and/or modifications work on equipment.
Performs daily inspections of tools and equipment used. Ensures cleanliness of hand tools, equipment and parts.
Reads gas meters and instrumentation, records the amounts of gas received/delivered/consumed and reports any operational, temperature and pressure changes as needed in operating logs. Watches gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure equipment is working properly.
Adjusts valves and equipment to obtain specified performance.
Operates power-driven pumps that transfer liquids, semi-liquids, gases or powdered materials. This includes adding these materials on the equipment and properly disposing of them.
Operates controls and turns valves to start compressor engines, pumps and auxiliary equipment.
Turns knobs or switches to regulate pressure.
Takes oil samples, completes necessary paperwork and submits for laboratory analysis.
Sets units and performs start-up procedures on location.
Assists in disassembly and removal of unit from locations.
Ensures field equipment is operating under current emissions guidelines/standards.
Overhauls engines, compressors and related components as needed.
- Submits parts covered under warranty, tracks/reports parts sent for warranty and ensures core credits are received and returned when applicable.
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum 1 year related experience.
- Valid Driver's License Other
Familiarity with portable diagnostic tools.
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills.
Technical certification in automotive, lift truck, heavy equipment and/or diesel engine repair preferred.
Working knowledge of pneumatic and electric starters, fuel systems, cooling systems, lubrication systems, ignition systems and other compression related anatomy.
Working knowledge of electrical systems.
Available for call-outs (evenings/nights, weekends and holidays) as shifts require and travel as needed (work on units, training, etc – may be overnight, days, week, etc).
Ability and willingness to work overtime as needed/required.
Ability and willingness to take direction from supervisors and senior team members. Req No.: 2017-6632 External Company URL: http://www.lewisenergy.com/
Compressor Service Technician
Cate Industrial Solutions is a Master Distributor for Ingersoll Rand compressed air systems and equipment covering Utah, Idaho, and Nevada. We are a third-generation family owned and operated business that has been around for almost 80 years. We are currently looking to fill the role of a Service Technician.
· Area leader in compressed air system sales, parts, and service.
· Comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation.
· Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply).
· Continuing opportunities for career development and promotions.
· Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
· World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training.
· Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance.
· Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smartphone.
· Perform shop and field repairs, machine troubleshooting, break fix issues, as well as preventative maintenance on air compressors and air system components.
· Reporting of system diagnosis and problems to Service Manager including proper documentation and write ups of field visits.
· Submission of leads generated on site to Service Administrator.
· Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers.
· Ability to work within scheduled parameters including on call after hours’ availability as well as on holidays and weekends when scheduled to be on call.
· Understanding and working knowledge of both mechanical and electrical intricacies of compressed air systems and the repair of such.
· Capacity to research and understand operational manuals, schematics, diagrams and work orders as required.
· Proficiency in use of power tools, meters, cranes/hoists, and other items necessary for compressor diagnosis and repair.
· Provide personal tools necessary to complete job functions.
· Comply with all safety rules and regulations both within the company premises as well as on client property. Including following client specific on site trainings.
· Enrollment and participation in continued compressed air training provided by Cate Industrial and Ingersoll Rand.
· Proper and safe use of company vehicle. Towing of trailer/compressors as necessary.
· Able to perform physical labor including lifting/moving of heavy objects up to 100 lbs., prolonged standing, sitting, bending, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and reaching.
· Maintain work area and vehicle in clean and orderly condition.
· Availability to travel and stay overnight if required for jobs.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Basic computers skills and aptitude.
· EPA Certification Preferred (Refrigeration experience/certification a plus).
· 3-5 min years of compressed air experience or equivalent industry exposure.
· Valid driver’s license that is in good standing.
· Drug free work environment. Must pass drug test at any time during employment.
· Positive attitude and ability to comply with company policies and procedures.
· Maintain and strengthen customer relationships as well as representation of Cate Industrial.
· Team player.
Air Compressor Service / Maintenance Technician
Growing compressor company is currently seeking a self-motivated field Service Technician to perform general maintenance and repairs on air compressor and related equipment. We service all major OEM brand air compressors from 5 to 5,000 horsepower.
The ideal candidate would be a self-sufficient, hardworking, honest and motivated individual with the desire to provide the best solutions for our customer’s maintenance and repair needs.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Perform all maintenance and service on compressed air systems for customer in the Mid to North Georgia territory. Primarily Rotary Screw.
· Be fully capable of preparing all work orders, time sheets, and expense reports accurately, neatly, and timely.
· Assist in shop jobs including tear down, inspection and rebuilds of complete units.
· Self-disciplined and able to work without direct supervision.
· Mechanical assembly/disassembly abilities
· Electrical troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
· Communication w/ Technical Department to identify solutions to problems on compressors, vacuum pumps and systems, blowers and parts.
· Provide outstanding customer service.
Successful Candidate will have:
· A great work ethic and strong customer service skills
· A strong electrical/plumbing mechanical aptitude.
· Good driving record (Mandatory)
· Must have own hand tools.
· Refrigeration certification a plus.
· 2-3 years of solid field experience involving installations, PM, and repair of equipment.
· Excellent communications and problem solving skills.
· Computer skills, Windows familiar.
We offer company service truck, cell phone, tablet computer, and an excellent compensation and benefits package.
National Compressor Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
Experienced Industrial AIR Compressor Technician
~~Experienced Industrial Air Compressor Service technician to install, repair, and maintain industrial air compressors and related equipment - North Central Texas area. Knowledge of reciprocating and rotary screw/vane air compressors a must - service, repair, installation, and operation. Must have forklift experience. Additional skills that are not required, but are preferred:
- Electrical knowledge
- Plumbing installation
- Customer service
Must have clean driving record and be able to pass a drug test.
Salary commensurate with experience and competitive with industry, bonus incentives (continuing education, financial, and additional earned time off). Health insurance, vacation (10-12 paid holidays including birthday. Additional vacation earned after first year of employment), uniforms provided, limited overtime and weekends.
COME GROW WITH US!!
Field Service Technician - Compressor
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated individuals for our Field Service Compressor Technician opportunity. A qualified technician furnishing a complete set of hand tools, who must have a functional knowledge of various (Cooper-Bessemer, Superior, Ajax, Enterprise, Penn) and competitive equipment (Clark, Waukesha, Dresser, Caterpillar), and who must have working level knowledge diagnosing and correcting engine problems, testing, checking, repairing and rebuilding these engines in Compression Systems standard hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Disassembly and re-assembly of steam turbines, centrifugal compressor(s), or reciprocating compressor(s) components (including mechanical seal removal).
- Install, perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair, and overhaul various types of compressors following manufacturer's instructions and/or company polices;
- Service and provide preventive and corrective field mechanical service on Centrifugal and Reciprocating compressors.
- Disassembles repairs and reassembles components and equipment to ensure proper alignment, balance and tolerances.
- Field maintenance tasks including equipment troubleshooting, installation/removal, repair
- May be required to perform machine tool work using lathes, mills, saws, etc.
- Remove and clean compressor rotors
- Replace and install gear boxes
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Inspecting equipment by checking bearing clearances rotor conditions, etc.
- Perform compressor repairs with disassembly (including mechanical seal removal)
- Willingness to support ACT’s policy of a drug-free work environment
- Willingness to work at heights, walk on high elevation grating and to walk up and down stairs with or without accommodation
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), minimum of five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of position-related education and experience required.
- Understands quality management system
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand mechanical drawings required.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic math skills required.
- NCCER Millwright Certification (Preferred)
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, machine tools, and precision measuring instruments required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- You must possess and maintain a current, valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to push/pull 100 pounds occasionally.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures.
- May require excessive travel, overtime and weekend work
- Requires up to 75% travel
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated individuals for our Machinist opportunity. We offer a competitive base salary ($20-$30/hour based on experience), training development, and full benefits (Matching 401(k) contribution & profit sharing).
Air Compressor Service Technician
We are currently seeking a experienced air compressor technician. Will Consider a well qualified Trainee. Our technicians perform field service, troubleshooting and diagnostics on all Industrial air compressors, dryers, and other compressed air systems products.
Service Technician - Air Compressor And Refrigeration
We are looking for a Service Technician - Refrigeration And Air Compressor to join our team! You will install, service, and repair heating and air conditioning systems.
- Inspect and perform equipment repairs on Air Compressor and Dryers
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in Comprssors or HVAC or other related fields
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Sub System Engineer - Compressor & Turbine
Sub System Engineer
- Compressor & Turbine
Description Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment. Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right . Our Cummins Turbocharger Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience. This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a Sub System Engineer- Compressor and Turbine. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation. Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Applies developing knowledge of engineering principles and practices to assigned tasks in the design, development, analysis and release of products and subsystems through the product life cycle. Assists in creating design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, product life, manufacture, assembly and service. Verifies design using analysis and or functional testing, interprets results, drives decisions and assesses risk. Works with other engineering disciplines and cross-functional disciplines to resolve product issues. Evaluates customer needs and aligns requirements with identified customer expectations.
Uses prescribed, established methods, and works under direct guidance.Participates as a team member.
Learns team roles and how to contribute towards team goals.
Carries out defined and partially defined tasks.
Learns and applies basic knowledge of an engineering discipline.
Applies engineering and/or scientific skills and develops experience in creating engineering solutions. Cross-Functional Design Review
- Cross-functional design reviews are a series of in-depth and disciplined sessions that bring broad cross-functional experience to bear on designs/or process approaches and details. Able to apply the cross-functional design review procedure with limited guidance.
Dimensional Variation Analysis - Developing understanding of inputs and outputs of a Dimensional Variation Analysis (DVA), knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning/ relationships, comparison to Monte-Carlo simulation and able to interpret the DVA results and use them to iteratively optimize the design.
Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing - Understanding basic principles of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) to include: correctly interpret dimensioning/ Tolerancing methods, understanding of the terms, rules, symbols, and concepts of GD&T as prescribed in the ASME Y14.5M-1994.
- Product structure involves an understanding of the rationale around the identification of product items and the methodology for structuring this information into saleable, manufacturable and serviceable product. Users are expected to demonstrate proficiency in understanding and applying product structure rules such as item compatibilities, dependencies and relationships.
Design For Manufacturing And Assembly - Understands the underlying principles, techniques and procedures design for manufacturing and assembly appropriately as part of work. Performs/could perform design for manufacturing and assembly effectively.
Skills and Experience Required: Working as part of the Compressor and Turbine Sub-System team this role is to perform the design, development and verification of major aerodynamic components within the turbocharger. Responsibilities for the role will include:
Working with the global Compressor and Turbine Sub-System teams in India, China and the UK
Design and develop turbocharger components for internal customers
Define and load test work to validate turbocharger components
Supporting design and analysis teams with technical queries
Provide product support to platform and customer teams
Input to Engineering Standard Work and other continuous improvement projects
Work with suppliers to ensure components are designed for manufacture
Education, Licenses, Certifications Bachelor of science, or equivalent degree in engineering required.
Compensation and Benefits Base salary commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN, Columbus, Commons Office Building
Job Type Experienced
- Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type Professional
Dec 15, 2017, 12:05:59 PM
Req ID: 170007BP
Job Summary: Operate and maintain turbine compressor engines and other equipment involved in the compression of natural gas at Hathaway Station. Perform operation, maintenance and housekeeping on compressors, engines and plant support systems. Other duties include line locates, line patrol and field work assignments as needed. Alternative work schedules and call-out responsibilities required.
Associates degree in an industrial or mechanical related field or four years of related experience in the compression and transportation of natural gas. Turbine natural gas engine experience is preferred. Knowledge in natural gas pipeline related DOT and OSHA regulations. Proven mechanical, electrical, computer and human relation skills. # Additional Information Applicant must be willing to relocate to or live in or near the community of Miles City, MT. Entry level of this position requires a two year apprenticeship and successful completion of the T3 compressor operator training program to advance to the Journeyman level. # Additional Information
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks. # How To Apply Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
Company:* WBI Energy Transmission, Inc. Department: Baker District
Location:* Miles City , MT
Hiring Manager:* Douglas L Rowe
Closing Date:* 01/26/2018 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type:* Full-Time
Journeyman:* $32.19 /hour
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!