Compressor Job Description Sample
Compressor Valve & Compressor Component Repair
Samco Enterprises, Inc. was established in 1972 and is a multi-generational family owned business specializing in compressor valve and component repair, manufacturing and supply. We are looking for hard-working people to join our team in Odessa. We are looking for valve rebuilders, manual machinist, inventory personnel, office staff, and general shop help.
Disassembles, inspects, repairs, and re-assembles compressor valves, packing cases and piston and rod assemblies and other compressor parts
Experience with compressor valves and compressor parts
Operating equipment, sand blasters, lathes, lapping machines, drill presses, etc.
Keep work area clean and organized
Maintain min/max of compressor valve internals in stock
Perform “as found reports”
Perform final inspection reports
Great Attention to detail
Gas Compressor Technician (Millwright)
gas compressor technician (millwright)
Job ID: 10006 +
Country: USA +
Location: Williston, North Dakota +
Company: Statoil Gulf Services LLC +
Contact Name: Elaine Nishihata +
Workplace: Onshore +
Discipline: Operation & Maintenance +
Education Preferred: GED +
Experience Preferred: 3 - 5 Years +
Job Description Founded in 1972, Statoil is an international energy company, with operations in more than 30 countries and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide. Our purpose is to bring energy to a growing population while creating value for our shareholders and the communities where we operate.
Building on over 40 years of experience on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a safe, secure, responsible, and efficient manner through innovative technology and business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges. Some of our most exciting development work is taking place in the United States, one of our key innovation hubs.
Our onshore shale oil and gas operations involve finding solutions to new challenges, while our expertise in operating at significant offshore depths is constantly being refined and developed. Development and Production USA (DPUSA) is responsible for Statoil’s portfolio of producing assets and planned field developments across the US. Technological innovation, rigorous safety standards, and environmental awareness drive our operations in the US and have helped Statoil to build a portfolio of onshore, offshore and exploration assets in some of the industry’s most exciting energy resource areas.
Statoil’s US headquarters are located in Houston, TX. We also have offices in Austin, TX, Stamford, CT and Washington D.C, as well as in Mexico City. We are looking for talented people with a desire to find solutions and opportunities in even the most challenging situations to contribute to our organization.
Job Description Performs activities related to mechanical work on equipment at compressor, pipeline, storage, gathering, and/or gas processing facilities. Essential
Duties & Responsibilities:
Must have experience with heavy mechanical equipment and some electrical service on natural gas compression. Ability to inspect engines, compressors and mechanical equipment: diagnose problems and determine extent of necessary repairs Ability to overhaul, repairs and maintenance of engines, compressors, pumps, turbines and motors. Detailed awareness of compressor components including: lubrication systems, shut-down systems, loading and unloading valves, pistons, valves and electrical systems.
Knowledge and experience on compression, process and production equipment, as well as electrical systems including panel boards, skid wiring and Altronic panels. Must have a understanding of equipment repair manuals and electrical schematics. Ability to monitor and stimulate maximum efficiency and productivity to minimize problems and downtime.
Ability to perform job duties in a safe and efficient manner. Including use of hand tools, power tools and electronic diagnostic equipment. Must adhere to company policies and procedures.
Drive and ensure maintenance is complete on company vehicles. Regular and reliable attendance is required in performance of job along with some call outs in work schedule. Employee may be required to perform additional duties as assigned. this is an 8/6 schedule
Qualifications Knowledge/ Certification on Caterpillar and Waukesha engines. Along with Ariel, GE and Cameron compressors.
Experience in use and function of hand and power tools and equipment applicable to position. Experience servicing, maintaining and repairing of equipment. Application of basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Application of decimals and percentages. Demonstrated ability in reading and interpreting work and repair orders, drawings, charts, dials, gauges, procedures and equipment manuals. Process a strong mechanical background with working knowledge of the operation and maintenance requirements for natural gas compressors and auxiliary equipment. 2-5 years of industry experience required.
Lift, push, pull, or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Climb and/or maneuver over, under, and around engines and equipment while servicing, maintaining, and/or repairing.
Fine motor skills for making minute adjustments. Ability to work in confined areas. React immediately to emergency situations to prevent injury to self and others.
Able to operate tools and equipment required. Visual
Ability to differentiate between colors.
Sufficient to perform precise tuning/timing work. Sufficient to perform job duties. Certification/Licensing Valid driver's license Applicable driver's license and pass DOT requirements to travel to other locations.
Personal Qualities Ability to live by "I am safety" expectations Communicate and/or exchange information and instructions. Ability to communicate with all levels.
Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines. Ability to deviate from established procedures when special problems or opportunities arise. Developed knowledge of risk management and safety requirements affecting oil and gas production.
Must be detail oriented. Strong mechanical aptitude. Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills.
Knowledge of budgeting and expense control. High degree of initiative and independent judgment. Computer skills; spreadsheet software capabilities. Ability to travel to various work site locations, meetings and training seminars.
We Offer Statoil offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. Statoil is an equal opportunity employer.
General Information Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point. Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil.
If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Females, Minorities, Veterans, Disables and Other Protected Groups. Statoil is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral requested. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Boiler & Compressor Operator
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board,molded-fiber packaging, and plastic film. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Boiler & Compressor Operator duties include:
- Safely Work safely following OSHA guidelines and Pactiv rules.
- Operate or tend stationary engines and boilers, and auxiliary equipment such as pumps, compressors and air-conditioning equipment, in order to supply and maintain steam for the plant.
- Observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation, in order to ensure that boilers are operating properly.
- Test boiler water quality or arrange for testing; and take any necessary corrective action, such as adding chemicals to prevent corrosion and harmful deposits.
- Activate valves to maintain required amounts of water in boilers, to adjust supplies of combustion air, and to control the flow of fuel into burners.
- Monitor boiler water, chemical, and fuel levels, and make adjustments to maintain required levels.
- Monitor and inspect equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions, and to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely. Conducts scheduled safety checks and PMs of boiler and related equipment.
- Analyze problems and take appropriate action to ensure continuous and reliable operation of equipment and systems.
- Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work.
- Adjust controls and/or valves on equipment to provide power, and to regulate and set operations of systems and/or industrial processes.
- Maintain supplies required for operation and maintenance of boilers and related equipment
- Coordinate with Maintenance Manager to prepare all related equipment for regulatory inspections.
- Interact with and assist Maintenance Manager to respond to requests from outside (state and/or local government) agencies that perform inspections of equipment in order to maintain boiler certifications.
- Complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for housekeeping in area(s) of responsibility to ensure a safe, clean and neat work environment.
- Conduct safety/security walk arounds and gate control during off-shifts and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Shouldbe knowledgeable in pneumatics, blue/schematic print reading (mechanical/electrical), welding, using shop equipment, and fabrication.
- Should possesselectrical background with experience in troubleshooting and must be familiar with AC and DC drives and PLCs.
- 2 - 3 years related experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving and electrical and mechanical skills are also required.
- Ability to communicate in English clearly, both in writing and verbally is required, as is the ability to perform basic mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is essential.
- Will use computer to enter data and maintain data for reports.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance. Recruiters and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered.#LI-TM1 "IND1P" #ZR
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Air Compressor Technician
We are currently seeking an Air Compressor Technician to join our team! You will be responsible for completing work orders and other required tasks.
- Complete work and repair orders in a timely fashion
- Estimate time and extent of repairs
- Perform routine preventive maintenance
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues and repair them effectively
- Maintain material and supply inventory
- Previous experience with air compressors or other related fields
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Organized and precise
Industrial Air Compressor Technicians
Industrial Air Compressor Technician (Air Compressor Division)
Brehob Corporation has been serving the Industrial and Manufacturing market for over 60 years with industry leading products and engineering solutions. Brehob is a leader in products, systems, applications expertise, service and repair. We are seeking experienced Industrial Air Compressor Technicians to join our team at our Columbus, Ohio location. If you are an Industrial Air Compressor Technician with experience in installation, maintenance, repair, preventative maintenance, along with refrigeration maintenance experience, this is your opportunity to advance your career. Brehob Corporation offers a 40+ hour work week, top pay and benefits.
· Responsible for assembling, installing, servicing, repairing compressed air equipment in commercial, industrial, hospital and school settings.
· Determines root causes of equipment breakdowns, testing with appropriate instruments, disassembling and assembling, makes necessary repairs, performs preventative maintenance on compressed air equipment.
· Connecting control panels and programming to ensure efficient operation and connection of control panels to power source. Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams. Responsible for working on 3 phase electrical systems.
· Solid working knowledge and understanding of system operation, building plans, working drawings, conforms to job site safety requirements as well as the ability to complete company safety specific orientation. High standard of integrity, professionalism and complies with drug free work environment requirements. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Must have current valid drivers license.
Job Type: Industrial Technician
Experience: At least 2 year(s)
Brehob Corporation is a federal government contractor. As such, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Shop Service Technician - Air Compressor
Industrial Air Centers, Inc. (IAC Services Group) is looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic Field Service Technician to represent us in the Lexington, KY, area.
Product factory service training is provided to stay on top of all new technology.
The candidates chosen would become part of our field service team which includes but is not limited to, troubleshooting, maintaining, repairing and installing industrial air compressors and other compressed air equipment in Lexington, KY and surrounding area.
Qualified candidates must:
- A strong back ground in refrigeration and previous field service experience is desired
- Have a strong mechanical and electrical background
- Possess strong troubleshooting skills
IAC offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Benefits include medical/dental/life/disability insurance and 401K. Salary is commensurate with experience. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record. Pre-employment and annual drug screening is required, as we are a Drug Free Workplace.
Air Compressor Technician
Looking for an air compressor technician with good mechanical abilities.
Some experience working with electrical components, mechanical, motors, and controls.
Fast paced environment, excellent following directions, works well with a team.
We are hiring a Compressor Technician for our Corporate Maintenance Department. This position is geared toward a person with a detailed background in compressor maintenance, including troubleshooting and diagnosis of compressor and engine problems.
· Maintain, repair, and troubleshoot compressors and auxiliary equipment
· PM’s of equipment
· Oversight and/or support of compressor overhauls
· Lockout tag out for maintenance work
· Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns
· Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork
· Provide oral and written communication of activities to appropriate personnel
· Perform maintenance on other mechanical equipment
· Other plant maintenance as required
REQUIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
· Solid safety and environmental practices
· Self-starter and high drive for results
· Strong teamwork
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· Must be willing to travel as needed
· Valid driver’s license – Good driving record
· Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus on attention to detail, and follow work rules.
PREFERRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
· Experience building, rebuilding and overhauling reciprocating compressor – mechanical and electrical
· Ability to troubleshoot reciprocating compressors – in person or over the phone
· Ability to read a P&ID, wiring schematics, mechanical drawings
· Ability to install, verify and troubleshoot instrumentation
· Ability to work alone or as part of a team
PAY BASED ON YEARS OF COMPRESSOR EXPERIENCE
Gas Compressor Technicians
Gas Compressor Technicians # San Diego, CA
Job Snapshot # Location: San Diego, CA # Category: Industrial # Employee Type: Contingent # Duration: 60 weeks
Pay Rate: $0.00 - $17.00 /Hour
Apply Now Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings? Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox. # Contact
11/14/2017 # Job ID: 54575 # Contact: Volt # Phone: 858-576-3140 # Fax:
Description Currently hiring Gas Compressor Technicians.
Assemble, disassemble, rework, and repair all compressors sub-assemblies and internal components as needed.
Perform installation, removal, disassemble, and repair of precision dry gas seal.
Maintain training and certification requirements accomplished through supplier provided training.
Perform duties working from shop floor information systems (SFIS), operation instruction sheets (OIS), assembly drawings, written and oral instructions, and bill of material (BOM).
Utilize thorough knowledge of the principles of gas compressors to assemble and build up parts, assemblies, and complete compressors including NPI, and development builds.
Set up and operate balancing machines to balance gas compressor parts and rotor assemblies to critical requirements.
Use specialized computer programs for electrical and mechanical run outs.
Perform Hydro Test of end caps, and Center Bodies.
Operate/use various equipment/tools including; precision measuring instruments, multimeters, proximeters, specialized induction heaters, hydraulic stretch tooling, pullers, torches, forklift, tug, build stand elevators, and overhead cranes.
Inspect parts, components, and assemblies prior to installation.Minimum Qualifications
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Operate/use various equipment/tools including; precision measuring instruments, multimeters, proximeters, specialized induction heaters, hydraulic stretch tooling, pullers, torch, forklift, tugg, build stand elevator, and overhead crane.
Forklift & Crane Experience Assemble, disassemble, rework, and repair all compressors sub-assemblies and internal components as needed.
Air Compressor Service Technician
Air Compressor Service Technician
Associated Compressor & Equipment is Central California’s leading provider of industrial grade reciprocating, rotary screw, and oil free compressed air systems. Proudly established in 1966 and celebrating 50 years of continuous operation, Associated Compressor is proud to be an integral part of the Central Valley’s thriving industrial and agricultural communities.
We are currently looking for Service Technicians to join our team!
Air Compressor Service Technician – Fresno, CA
Basic Function: Perform regular preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of reciprocating, rotary screw, and oil free compressed air systems. Diagnose malfunctioning system components, recommend repairs, and ensure equipment is maintained according to factory specifications.
- Troubleshoot and repair air compressors, air dryers (regenerative and refrigerated), auto drains, flow controllers, vacuum pumps, and blowers
- Pressure wash (where possible) and effectively clean the customer’s entire equipment pad including skids, coolers, concrete, tanks, etc.
- Accurately communicate with the customer and Service Manager regarding all services performed and clearly present all options for any required repairs, upgrades, or other customer needs
- Completely fill out all work orders, start-up forms, warranty forms, oil sample forms, and parts return slips
- Train and assist other Service Technicians
- Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal and protective equipment at all times
- Set, install, and pipe compressor systems as needed
- Participate in a rotating 24/7/365 on-call pool with other Technicians as scheduled by the Service Manager
- Complete all paper work and clerical/office responsibilities.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years refrigeration experience with license preferred.
- Technical training or related work experience required.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Excellent mechanical, electrical, and electronic repair skills
- Must be able to work well with others on the jobsite as well as on the phone
- Must be able to work on a ladder and/or scissor lift
- Must supply all basic required tools
Job Type: Full-time
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!