Computer Programmer Job Description Sample
Computer Programmer -Microsoft Visual Studio / Direct2d 1.1
Temporary Position: 80-100 hours
San Francisco Bay Area: must be available to work onsite in Corte Madera, CA for initial orientation
- Analyze and determine ways to improve performance of a C++ 2D rendering library which uses Direct2D 1.1.
- The library handles both static and dynamic objects so it is essential to improve performance for objects whose properties can change.
- Some of the types of objects drawn are bitmaps, text, lines, polygons, rectangles, circles, ellipses, sectors and splines.
- These can be drawn with or without solid, gradient or GDI-like pattern fills.
- experience in developing C++ Direct2D programs for Windows 10 desktop
- (i.e. drawing to a Win32 window using an ID2D1DeviceContext1 interface)
- experience in analyzing and improving Direct2D performance
- experience in using and interpreting data from tools like GPUView
- understanding of how GPU memory is managed (i.e. bitmap and geometry realization GPU memory allocation)
SL has the largest portfolio of middleware integrations for TIBCO, Oracle, IBM and Solace combined. We work directly with these partners to deliver the best solutions possible.
Computer Programmer (1509-183)
* Provide support for updating the documentation of the NATEC technical data web site including system enhancements and new applications such as the Source Data Module, ELMS, CRM / ELAR+, PERS, and ETS sub-systems.
* MUST ALREADY POSSESS AT MINIMUM, A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE (REQUIRED).
* This position requires a BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, or Engineering.
* ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: Eight (8) years of combined education (at the undergraduate level in any academic field) and experience performing the foregoing functions may be substituted for a BS or BA degree.
* Requires at least three (3) years of recent relevant experience. At least one (1) year of the total experience shall have consisted of performing computer specialist functions in a "Relevant Technical Discipline".
* Candidate must have experience in:
* b) Modeling the processes to be automated and to design computer programs to implement those processes, specifying input and output requirements, hierarchical structure, module interface, and test requirements.
* c) Performing feasibility studies and analyses of new applications.
* d) Designing and modifying the storage structure and mappings between databases.
* e) Evaluation of the kinds of computers and peripherals to be used for specific applications.
* Must have good communication skills.
* Must have superior organization skills.
* Must be able to work in a team and as an individual with minimal direction.
Computer Programmer - Maintenance
Join the Exscribe, Inc. development team as a maintenance programmer. We are currently in need of a programmer that can support our technical support and quality assurance teams with diagnosing and fixing issues. There will also be work from our Product Management team to add product enhancements. Applicants must have strong problem solving skills, be fluent in c#, and be able to work out of our Bethlehem office.
- Work with the Technical Support and Quality Assurance teams to diagnosis and fix issues
- Work with the Product Management team to make product enhancements
Computer Programmer / Systems Expert
• Candidates should have the following minimum qualifications:
* 2 years of experience as a computer programmer, or equivalent
* BS in Computer Science
* Be able to quickly learn new frameworks and development tools
* Experience programming dynamic websites would be a plus
• This position requires a self-starter who is driven to make a difference wherever they are needed. It needs someone able to familiarize themselves with multiple programs and frameworks, and configure them to meet company needs.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
• Our people make the difference and together we will succeed, come join our team!
Job Description: s: SIS is seeking a Computer Programmer in anticipation of an upcoming contract to provide support services to advance CDC’s work in conducting the Violence Against Children Surveys (VACS) in priority countries.
The position shall have experience and expertise in public health informatics, computer programming, and data management. This position is contingent upon contract award. Job Duties and
• Provide computer programming support and consultation • Assist CDC in planning and organizing VACS data collection activities • Develop computer programs and processes for VACS implementation • Develop country-specific databases, data dictionaries, and systems for electronic data entry, cleaning, and data management • Design, test, and evaluate logic code for functionality, ease of use, efficiency, and accuracy for VACS data collection • Monitor data entry process for errors and perform error checks on raw data files • Provide analytic support in the preparation of analyses and reports • Work collaboratively with CDC to revise electronic data collection tools and training materials • Participate in travel to conduct training to build capacity of in-country partners on VACS electronic data collection systems and data management procedures Required Experience: Requirements and Experience: • Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, informatics, or related field • 2 years of relevant experience:
Designing, developing, and maintaining data collection information systems
Experience with surveys, surveillance systems, or large epidemiological studies utilizing
Cloud-based development of visual analytics systems
Experience in preparing technical documentation and computer-generated reports - Proficiency in C, C++, C#, Java Visual Basic, SQL, Microsoft Access Skills and Abilities: • Excellent project management and organizational skills • Excellent verbal communication skills when communicating complex topics to diverse audiences • Fluency in Spanish, French, or Portuguese In support of the mission of DVP, the contracting staff shall travel up to 25% time to participate in site visits, trainings, and other relevant project activities. Keyword: Computer Programmer; programmer Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Atlanta, Karna is an SBA certified 8(a), economically disadvantaged woman-owned small business dedicated to: 'Improving health through transformational strategies, evidence-based approaches, and effective technologies'. We are focused on providing programmatic and information technology (IT) consulting services for various government agencies and private organizations.
EOE/M/F/D/V From: Karna LLC
Overview: CJSeto Support Services, LLC, has an immediate need to fill positions for Information Technology (IT) qualified personnel at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division, Keyport, WA (NUWC Keyport), in support of the corporate infrastructure. We need to provide personnel with final SECRET clearance and professional, technical skills to support the IT tasks of this facility with limited support relative to the Navy Enterprise Network contract, including support of new and existing applications and programs that may or may not be linked to the Research Development Test and Evaluation (RDT&E;) network. Specifically: Computer Programmer IV – Comptroller Process Automation Provide support to which includes automated processes and local reports using lifecycle management techniques, including:
Planning for Future Requirements
Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms;)
Specifications, Design, Development, Testing and Acceptance, Deployment, and Maintenance.
Provide documentation of current automated processes and local reports.
Plan and assist in the execution of regularly scheduled production job streams supporting local Management Information Systems (MIS).
Respond to daily Help Desk Tickets regarding programs or job streams and reports that fail to execute properly based on the level of urgency. (Help Desk Tickets urgency is predetermined by the production schedule).
Assist in incorporating new releases of MIS.
Provide support for Comptroller Department data calls.
Enhance or develop reports or processes in support of automation initiatives and emerging requirements. Document processes using Visio.
Provide all software/scripting packages for operating new or enhanced programs, forms or reports.
Maintain and update documentation including the interfaces for existing Comptroller automated processes currently in Access, Visual Basic, MS Office, SharePoint or SQL Server. Support development of forms using INFOPATH.
Provide ongoing support for the maintenance of current and historical financial data in ERP and other systems with financial data. Qualifications and Skills * Four to six (4-6) years of experience with SharePoint components including web parts, pages and services; User controls; windows services and workflows using Visual Studio .NET.
Proficient in SharePoint development using at least two (2) of the following: Windows; Visual Studio.NET; C#; and Java.
Must hold a current CompTIA Security + and/or International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium ((ISC)2) Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) This position requires a SECRETsecurity clearance. A security clearance must be active now or have been in the last two years. CJSeto Support Services, LLC (www.cjseto.com) is a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing professional services nationwide in environmental compliance, health and safety, training, engineering, logistics, and IT for DoD and other federal agencies. Our corporate office resides in Ventura, CA and we have branch offices in San Diego, CA; Bloomfield, IN; and Herndon, VA. CJS is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, or disability status. CJS was just recognized as the Minority Small Business 8(a) Graduate of the Year for 2015 by the U.S. Small Business Administration Los Angeles District. Location: Keyport, WA
Date Posted:* 10-04-2015
Job Summary Dr. Russell Stoneback at the William B. Hanson Center for Space Sciences (CSS) is seeking a scientific programmer to support research activities in two broad areas, satellite based measurements of the ionosphere and the development of novel musical instruments. Over the next 12 months 8 spacecraft will be launched with instruments designed and managed at the CSS. Measurements performed by these instruments will be reduced into relevant geophysical parameters using new Python software built by Dr. Stoneback. Ionospheric measurements from these and other platforms need to be integrated in near real time as part of a local space weather center based upon the Python Satellite Data Analysis Toolkit (pysat), https://github.com/rstoneback/pysat, and other tools as needed. Dr. Stoneback is also pursuing the development of novel musical instruments (https://research.utdallas.edu/blog/dr-stoneback-is-rocking-it-light-guitar-and-space-science) that require development of audio plugins to run in Logic Pro and Garageband on MacOS systems.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor
’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or related title; Two years experience in programming work with databases.
Preferred Education and Experience While many programming skills are language independent
, experience with the following is preferred, but not required: Python Fortran C Desireable Experience: Design and use of mission critical systems Development of GUIs Experience with music/recording workflows Familiarity with open source development and tools Familiarity with Linux and MacOS systems
Additional Information Develop user interface and system to manage near real
-time integration of scientific measurements Develop tests to ensure instrument processing accuracy Extend functionality of pysat to better support multiple science platforms Maintain and extend functionality of pysatCDF (https://github.com/rstoneback/pysatCDF) or other open source science software as needed Support scientific instrument processing related to CSS instruments Develop and test audio plugins for Logic Pro or Garageband Other duties as needed
Posting Number:* S01366P
Position Title:* Computer Programmer
Department:* Space Sciences
Salary Range:* Commensurate with Experience
Pay Basis:* Monthly
Position Status:* Regular full-time
Open Date:* 10/19/2017 Open Until Filled: Yes
Desired Start Date:* 11/06/2017
Computer Programmer Location Health System Information Technology USA Springhill Campus, AL Job Type Regular Full-time Department USA Medical Center Job Number H01306 Closing Continuous
Questions About Us The University of South Alabama Health System helps people lead longer, better lives through its excellence in education, research and medical care. With more than 3,600 employees, USA's health network includes USA Medical Center, USA Children's & Women's Hospital, USA Mitchell Cancer Institute, USA Physicians Group and the USA College of Medicine. Each year, our team of 180 physicians, 240 residents and fellows, 70 advanced practitioners and 800 nurses handle some 185,000 clinic visits and 350,000 outpatient procedures. The USA Health System delivers 2,800 babies a year, more than any other regional hospital, and treats patients through some 60,000 emergency room visits annually. In addition to advanced and innovative patient care offered at University hospitals and clinics, USA's medical education programs provide first-class training experiences for the next generation of physicians and scientists. The USA Health System delivers excellence in care while improving the quality of life for residents across the Gulf Coast. The USA Health System is managed by the USA HealthCare Management, LLC. Essential Functions Provides support for the USA Health System's computerized business and clinical applications, with primary areas of focus that include Patient Access, Patient Accounting, Health Information Management, and Clinical solutions; establishes a personal knowledge base of Electronic Health Record (EHR) applications through education and experience; assists in the installation, enhancement, and maintenance of purchased, leased, and internally developed systems; performs design, coding, testing, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of these systems, and has a working knowledge of the integrated environment to include an understanding of systems interoperability and interfacing; utilizes vendor supplied architectural tools for application development, support, and maintenance; maintains appropriate documentation of system processes and application development for systems support, training, and auditor requests; assists in the identification and resolution of problems during all phases of the system life cycle; understands and follows support processes until problems are resolved; participates in the 24-hour on call rotation; remains available through electronic pager or telephone and responds in a timely and professional manner when contacted; accepts and completes all duties positively and without conflict; cooperates by helping others and improving the performance of the department; completes all mandatory department and hospital educational requirements; utilizes cost effective practices in performing all aspects of the job; adheres to current infection control and safety standards; maintains equipment and supplies necessary to complete essential job functions; communicates and uses appropriate customer relations skills competently; adheres to hospital policies including confidentiality; abides by and enforces all compliance requirements and policies, and performs these responsibilities in an ethical manner consistent with the organization's mission and values; regular and prompt attendance; ability to work schedule as defined and additional hours as required; related duties as required. Minimum Requirements Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field from an accredited institution as approved and accepted by the University of South Alabama. Working Days and Hours Monday
Friday 7:30 a.m.
4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m.
Computer Programmer IV
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). Start Over with Job Search Already have a profile? Login Now Computer Programmer IV LocationAL01 - Alabama, Huntsville Status Date Opened11/3/2017 Position ScheduleFull Time Req Code190-SSI-AL0-17 Description Essential
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Diagnosing, resolving and communicating advanced problems.• Implementing software solutions and technologies in support of RTC’s testing environment.• Maintaining current software solutions and application servers for high performance and stability.• Act as a hands-on technical resource for RTC while working with other members of the RTC IT Division to better serve RTC’s mission.• Perform other related duties as required.
• SharePoint Development• WPF Development• DevExpress Software Suite• Infragistics Software Suite• Agile and SCRUM development methodology• Working independently, modifies complex applications programs from detailed specification. Special Requirements/Certifications • Active SECRET clearance is preferred• Security +, CISSP or other technical certifications Physical Requirements N/A
Software Developer / Computer Programmer – US Citizens Only
TMCI is currently seeking a Software Developer / Computer Programmer to support a Defense Health Agency (DHA) initiative to monitor and improve data quality within their primary health data repositories. This full time position with benefits is located in the Washington, DC metro area (Northern Virginia).
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and updating the current tool-sets used by DOD enterprise-scale data analytics and data E/T/L programs. Your activities will include:
· Creating new application functions to manage large/complex data sets
· Developing and updating software that manages the E/T/L between point-of-care systems and data warehouses
· Documenting detailed technical and design specifications for development efforts
· Coding, testing, debugging, and documenting all development efforts
· Implementing new and enhanced solutions designed to access and handle more data efficiently
You will also work with data scientists, data analysts, data subject matter experts, and corporate leadership to identify new requirements and build new toolsets.
· US citizenship is required
· Proven professional successes in application development, and systems analysis, design, and programming using Java, C#, C++, and/or Visual Basic is required
· Relevant experience with SQL is required
· Professional experience with SAS or equivalent is a significant plus
· Professional experience with PERL is a significant plus
· Experience with Tableau is a plus
· Prior experience with DOD, VA or commercial Health, Clinical, and/or Medical Information Systems is a plus
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related discipline is required
For more information about our company please visit www.tmci-international.com/.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!