Computer Software Engineer Job Description Sample
Software Engineer Computer Science
Intercomp is looking for a software engineer to help design, test, implement and maintain software applications. Applications include PC, embedded, web based and mobile solutions for customers as well as for in-house use. Qualified candidates will have a 4-year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 0-5 years’ experience in:
- C#, Objective-C, Java, Python (or others comparable)
- Visual Studio, Xcode, Xamarin
- SQL Server/Microsoft Access
- GUI Development
- Version Control - Microsoft Team Foundation Server/Service, Git
Additionally, preferred familiarity with:
- Web Services, SOAP, REST, XML
- Serial and TCP/IP Communication
- Windows Azure, AWS or Rackspace Cloud
- Software/Hardware Interfacing
- GUI Development
- Firmware Programming in C, FreeRTOS
- Statistical/Data Analysis
Qualified applicants must have the ability to see a project through the entire development process including gathering requirements from users/customers, project design, implementation, delivery and customer support.
Intercomp is the world’s largest manufacturer of portable scales for the aerospace and automotive industries. We are a fast-growing, high technology company looking for highly motivated people to join our top notch work force. We offer competitive pay, benefits, bonuses and flexible hours. Intercomp is an EEOC employer. Please send resume to:
3839 County Road #116
Medina, MN 55340
Intercomp is a world manufacturing leader of portable scales for the transportation industries. We are a high-technology growing company looking for highly motivated people to join our top notch force. We offer competitive pay, benefits, 401K & bonuses. Intercomp is an EEOC employer.
Computer Vision Software Engineer - Robotics
Pittsburgh company IAM Robotics (www.iamrobotics.com) is seeking a perception (computer vision, machine vision, machine learning) engineer to focus on the development, testing, deployment, and support of real-time object identification algorithms. Our company is looking for experienced individuals that can support a team of engineers and designers making world-class products.
Responsibilities and requirements for the position:
You must have experience with the design of algorithms robust to sensor and actuation uncertainty, not just the use of existing algorithms and packages. This should include implementation on real-world hardware and embedded systems. In many cases, the candidate will be responsible for testing, specifying, and integrating sensors while also developing system calibration and training procedures. The ideal candidate will be responsible for taking the lead on assigned tasks that will include both improving existing algorithms and developing new ones. They will work with the team to see all development through from concept generation to deployment in our product line.
+ 5 years experience working with autonomous robots
+ 3 years algorithm development, testing and integration
Fluent in one or more object oriented programming languages (C++, python, java, etc.)
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related relevant education and experience
Prior experience in object identification and pose estimation
Prior experience with real-time sensors, multi-sensor fusion and data filtering
Experience with Unix / Linux
Experience with software configuration management systems (git, svn, etc.)
Experience with industrial robotics
Experience with commercial software deployment and support
Master’s Degree in relevant field of study
Our company has a fun, family-first culture. Candidates should be passionate, entrepreneurial and enjoy being part of an energetic team. You must be ready to focus on tackling hard problems and be determined to achieve breakthrough results. We don't bother with one-time throw-away projects. Be prepared to build upon everything you learn and do.
Sr Software Engineer (C++) - Computer Vision, Neural Networks
We are a Neural Network Startup in Milpitas that just secured a massive round of funding and looking to build out our engineering team. We have developed a product that can capture live pictures or videos of animals and other real-world objects and identify them.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
We are a small team of AI experts who have worked at Google, Apple, and NVIDIA. We are a purely artificial neural network based deep learning technology and we do not use any wireless signals, Bluetooth, or RFID.
Our custom-made proprietary deep learning chips are low-cost and low-power which is ideal for applications that do not require expensive & power hungry GPUs. Our FPGA/ASIC can be licensed to other companies/platforms as well.
We just secured a massive round of funding and need to hire 3-5 programmers. We are looking for programmers of all levels that have C programming experience in a Linux environment.
What You Will Be Doing
As a founding member of our engineering team, you’ll be responsible for designing high-performance production software with state-of-the-art deep learning/computer vision capabilities. Your code will be part of the foundations of our platform and will enable the next generation of computing application.
What You Need for this Position
•BS/MS in Computer Science, EE, Computer Engineering, or related field
•3+ years of industry experience writing & maintaining production code
•Highly proficient in C/C++
•Solid programming experience in a Linux OS environment
•GPU programming experience
Nice to have:
•Experience in one of the following: machine learning, computer vision, image/video based modeling, 3D Computer Vision, 3D Graphics
•Experience in OpenCV, OpenGL, PCL or other computer vision libraries
•Familiarity with computer vision/deep learning applications
So, if you are a Software Engineer with experience, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Software - Computer Engineer Undergraduate Intern
Requisition ID: 36802 All Locations: Colorado Springs, CO (Colorado) A trusted partner.
A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation.
A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves.
When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career? Responsibilities SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Software Engineer / Computer Engineer Undergrad Intern for an internship opportunity.
This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO. The qualified candidate will become part of the Cyber Operations and Resilience Department (CORD). KEY FUNCTIONS Supporting research and development with software systems, hardware and IT equipment ranging from embedded systems all the way to cloud computing Support test, study and improve mission resiliency for Space Mission Systems from advanced cyber threats Develop and test new Defensive Cyber Operations tools and capabilities. Study new and innovative methods to enhance mission resiliency for DoD Space Mission Systems and supporting Air Force Space Command's "Space Warfighting Construct" Development of software infrastructure to support dataset management and automated testing Participates with an interdisciplinary team in ongoing research or technical programs with academic collaboration partners.
Applies standard techniques and procedures to carry out a series of prescribed scientific and/or engineering tasks. Provide technical support in researching and engineering cyber solutions for Aerospace internal and external customers in all segments of national security space systems across multiple functional areas to include ground network systems Participate in risk management activities to ensure cybersecurity risks are evaluated and mitigations applied in accordance with security directives Assist customers by providing cybersecurity expertise in support of critical decision points Ground truth assessments of organizational security activities and posture Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines; must be energetic and self-motivated. Ability to work closely with customer Training and mentorship will be provided.
Qualifications Performance standards to be successful in this internship position include: Strong written and oral communication skills Must work well in a team environment Must possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Currently enrolled at an accredited college/university degree program pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline is required.
Cyber security/cyber operations experience or relevant education Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) Minimum GPA 3.0 Must be able to obtain a security clearance US Citizenship required Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and work in a team environment. Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS GPA 3.5 or higher Active security clearance Experience with object oriented programming.
Experience with cloud computing. Experience in space-related systems such as SBIRS, GPS, MILSATCOM, AFSCN, or Space Launch Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification or equivalent cyber certification Temporary housing assistance is not available. The Aerospace Corporation functions as the nation's independent testing, assessment, and research center for national security space systems, specializing in advanced military space systems.
Aerospace offers summer internship positions at our headquarters in El Segundo, California, and our campuses in Chantilly, Virginia, Colorado and New Mexico to give students the opportunity to work in the scientific, technical, or administrative areas of the company. Transcript Requirement Transcripts are required for this position. SDL2017
Data Scientist / Computer Scientist / Software Engineer (Top Secret Clearance)
Data Scientist / Computer Scientist / Software Engineer Job Opening Will serve as a Senior Computer Scientist / Data Scientist for a growing organization. The person in this role will work on complex projects involving data analysis, software engineering, and deploying software in a cloud computing environment.
We are looking for a flexible problem solver with significant technical experience to join a team providing unique solutions for our customers and stakeholders. Duties include: Analyze large amounts of data Deploy applications on a large-scale data processing cluster using AWS technologies Develop algorithms and visualization tools to help stakeholders understand their data and prioritize new data sources Develop and maintain tools to support operations and maintenance of production and development computing clusters Requirements include:
Computer Software Development Engineer
Privacy Act Statement for Job Announcement The information requested is being collected to evaluate your qualifications and suitability for potential employment with the U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research Development and Engineering Center (TARDEC) pursuant to the hiring authorities specified in 5 U.S.C. 3301, 3304, 3320, 3361, 3393, 3394, and other associated statutes within Title 5, United States Code.
The information you provide may be used and disclosed to third parties as generally allowed by the Privacy Act of 1974, 5 U.S.C. 552a, as necessary to obtain additional information related to your qualifications and suitability for potential employment. It may also
Software Engineer - Computer Applications
WHY WORK FOR DMP? THE JOB We work on a wide variety of projects.
If you worked here, you could work on several of these types of projects during the course of a year: Networking software in C, Java, or Ruby C++ PC applications Ruby on Rails web applications iPhone and Android app development And more THE COMPANY We have been in the business of saving lives by developing and manufacturing cutting-edge fire, burglary and access control security products since 1975. We have experienced steady and significant growth for the last 36 years.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT We offer a family-friendly work environment full of fantastic people, technically up-to-date equipment in one of the most modern buildings in Springfield. We have just completed the fourth expansion of our building since 2000 to accommodate our growth. Of course, there is a full and comprehensive benefits and relocation package as well.
THE LOCATION Springfield, Missouri is a great combination of small town and big city. You can have a 15 minute commute to a well-priced home in a nice, low-crime neighborhood, while still having quick access to a downtown area with local music and live theater, unique restaurants and coffee shops that are usually only found in a larger city. INTERESTED? We have positions available encompassing a wide range of experience levels.
If you are talented, motivated and interested in learning more, send us your resume'. Be sure to highlight your C++, Java or Ruby experience. Apply Your Talent. Make a Difference.
Enjoy the Rewards. Apply today at DMP.com/careers. Follow us on Twitter DMPCareers Follow us on Twitter dmpcareers Check out Springfield professional and social community by clicking on the link: https://youtube/1xnoFf0JO9g EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled SDL2017
IT: Programmers, S/W Engineers (App Or Sys S/W), Programmer Analysts, Computer Software Engineer Applications, Systems Analysts, Sys Engineers, CIS Ma
HTC Global Services, Inc. (HTC), a global IT solutions provider, is seeking qualified candidates for the following long-term positions (multiple openings): IT: Programmers, S/W Engineers (App or Sys S/W), Programmer Analysts, Computer Software Engineer Applications, Systems Analysts, Sys Engineers, CIS Managers, Architects, DBAs, QA - Testers, Network Admins, Network Engineers, Data Analyst with strong experience in Data Analytics using 1 or more of the following:
The position requires travel and relocation as needed to various unanticipated client sites throughout the U.S, where HTC has operational presence. Competitive compensation and benefit packages. Apply: NP_Dec_2017htcinc.com or send your resume to HTC Global Services, Inc. (Recruitment), Reference:
Rec Dec-2017, 3270 W Big Beaver Rd., Troy MI 48084. EOE. Detroit Free Press. Keywords: Programmer / Analyst, Location: Troy, MI - 48084
Software Engineer - Computer Vision & 3D Graphics
Based in San Francisco, we are a team with passion for great design, user experience, hardware, software and sports. Together we share the commitment to create products that connect the human body with technology in a magical way. We're working to become the most empowering consumer company of the 21st century.
Backed by renowned investors such as Y Combinator, Stanford StartX and NEST, Shape has just successfully launched the pre-order of the company’s first product: ShapeScale. It is a photorealistic personal body scanner that visualizes in 3D how your body changes over time. Thanks to ShapeScale, people will finally be able to understand the effect their lifestyle has on their health, fitness and appearance.
We are looking for a talented computer vision engineer with entrepreneurial spirit to join our small team and help us achieve our technology goals. In this role you will work with members of the cross-functional engineering team to design and implement 3D scanning in ShapeScale.
It’s a challenging but very rewarding role just made for driven individuals who are excited to take on large responsibilities and solve unique technical challenges. It’s a role that will allow you to grow your own personal, managerial and technical skill-set inside of a thriving startup environment.
What You’ll Do
- Select, evaluate, test and potentially design 3D scanning methods and systems.
- Apply mathematical techniques (geometry, linear algebra, numerical methods, error analysis) and machine learning techniques to prototype and develop image processing algorithms for converting raw depth sensor data into point clouds, 2D and 3D tracking like SLAM, 3D point cloud reconstruction, registration and classification.
- Implement substantial portions of production code in C / C++
- Optimize code for running on embedded platforms or non embedded platforms.
- Generate and evaluate functional and design specifications.
- Participate in defining product requirements.
- Work with project leaders to define assignments, schedules, quality expectations, and other project criteria.
- Evaluate the technical trade-offs of every decision
- Ideate and prototype new content and experiences
- May help to recruit and lead a team of other computer science engineers
- MS in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics or Computer Vision
- Must possess a strong background in Computer Vision / Graphics
- Experience with 3D reconstruction from camera images and depth sensors
- Outstanding skills in C & C++ with experience in writing robust and maintainable production code
- Experience in developing computer vision/imaging and machine learning algorithms for embedded and non embedded platforms
- Knowledge of object classification, template matching, or other machine learning methods for computer vision
- Very comfortable with 3D computational geometry, linear algebra, statistics, numerical methods and error analysis
- Experience in optimization on GPU or other architectures (Metal, OpenCL, CUDA, SSE, NEON, or other SIMD)
- Experience with 3D meshes / Object reconstruction / registration / classification/ recognition
- Experience with 2D and 3D tracking algorithms such as SLAM
- Knowledge of WebGL/OpenGL/OpenCV/video codec/video processing
- Testing, documentation and verification of computer vision algorithms
- Training and evaluation of computer vision algorithms on large datasets
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics or Computer Vision.
- Prior experience involving 3D scanning of human body is a big plus.
- Completion and deployment of significant computer vision projects in a commercial environment.
- Experience with existing computer vision libraries such as OpenCV, PCL, CGAL, etc.
- Experience with computational imaging / photography.
- Experience with machine learning algorithm such as SVM, decision forest, deep learning, etc.
- Has experience with Agile methods, Scrum / Kanban / etc.
- Knowledge of scripting language, e.g. Python, Bash, etc.
- Camera and/or video pipeline knowledge and experience.
- A fun, creative and collaborative environment of a young startup company with a driven, agile and adept international team
- The opportunity to make an impact and co-create products that connect the human body with technology in a magical way.
- Great, comprehensive health insurance
- Catered lunches with healthy eating options suitable for all diets and allergies and healthy snacks
- Fitness discounts and fun, action-inspired company-wide events and outings
- Commuter benefits or subsidies
- Apple and Windows equipment of choice that you think you need to work comfortably and efficiently
- Flexible work schedule (flexible hours and ample vacation days)
- Competitive salary and equity
Computer Software Validation
E-Technologies Group (www.etech-group.com) is looking for experienced Validation Engineers to qualify and validate manufacturing computer systems for process systems for pharmaceutical plant production (including large scale process automation systems for utilities, batch processing, filling and packaging). Primary tasks include development of protocols, coordination of validation activities, qualification/validation execution, preparing final reports and assembly of final validation packages while adhering to FDA validation requirements for automated computer systems. Contract and direct hire opportunities are available.
• Responsible for the development, approval, execution and final reports of validation protocols. Need to be able to coordinate and work with those departments that are executing and/or assisting in execution of protocols.
• Preparation of final reports and validation packages including documentation of deviations, investigations and corrective actions related to validation protocols and testing.
• Experience drafting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for automation systems. (Backup/Restore, Security, etc.)
• Assist validation contractors and outside vendors as needed to meet project timelines, corporate goals and milestones.
• Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Lighter experience will be considered as E-Tech Services is looking for a Lead Validation Engineer as well as Project Executors.
- BA in Engineering, Computer Science, or Life Sciences preferred.
- 5-10 years experience directly in the validation field of manufacturing computer systems.
- 1-2 years of experience with ControlLogix Programming OR 3-5 years of CSV experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in Batch Systems, and performing startups preferred.
- Understanding and practice of cGMPs.
- IQ/OQ experience.
- Software proficiency - basic word processing, spread sheet applications, and statistical programs.
- Experience writing and executing commissioning documents.
- Familiarity with 21 CFR Part 11.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented and the ability to manage multiple CSV projects with a high degree of self motivation.
- Effective communication skills – oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!