Computer Typesetter Keyliner Job Description Sample
Kaplan Test Prep (www.kaptest.com/careers) is a premier provider of educational and career services for individuals, schools and businesses. Established in 1938, Kaplan is the world leader in the test prep industry. With a comprehensive menu of online offerings as well as a complete array of print books and digital products, Kaplan offers preparation for more than 100 standardized tests, including entrance exams for secondary school, college and graduate school, as well as professional licensing exams for attorneys, physicians and nurses. Kaplan also provides private tutoring and graduate admissions consulting services. Kaplan Test Prep also operates Metis, a leading provider of data science skills training for individuals and businesses.
Job Impact and Scope Summary
Creates and manages new and revised text designs under the guidance of the creative director.
Create original text designs
Prepare design templates for templates, including detailed style notes
Work collaboratively with all members of the publishing team, including editorial, production, manufacturing, and sales.
Manage typesetting of reprints and errata fixes as needed
Keep projects on a timely schedule and keep supervisor in the loop on projects
Take initiative in the course of each project to problem-solve, troubleshoot, demonstrating consistent follow-through and meeting deadlines.
BFA in graphic design or equivalent
A minimum of 5 years of professional experience is preferred
Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign).
A creative portfolio that demonstrates a strong design sensibility, conceptual clarity, and attention to detail.
Illustration and retouching skills a plus
Knowledge of typesetting and familiarity with printing procedures and requirements preferred.
Must be authorized for employment in the US
New York, NY, USA
Job Functional Area
Kaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contingent Personal Computer Support Technician
Job Code: 11471405
Location: Lexington Park, MD
Position Description: Imagine One is looking for qualified professionals to support a NAVAIR effort. The work is located in Lexington Park, Maryland and onboard Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Maryland. We have an opening for a dynamic, assertive and experienced Personal Computer Support Technician. We are now interviewing for "contingent" positions. The Personal Computer Support Technician will be required to meet the following requirements:
- The Personal Computer Support Technician shall provide support to distributed PC/networking environment including installation, testing, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers and other computer peripherals.
- Support responsibilities include software installation and configuration.
- The Personal Computer Support Technician shall perform technical, operational and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages including Sharepoint.
- Job duties require the contractor to troubleshoot computer problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network.
- High School or GED and vocational training commensurate with Department of Labor functional description
- At least two (2) years’ experience within Information Technology. At least one (1) year experience in Sharepoint and as a network POC
- U.S Citizenship required.
- Active Secret Clearance required
*Imagine One “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.
Axway Computer Systems Analyst
User support and customer service on company file transfer application (Axway Managed File Transfer).
- Support business users and authorized 3rd Party’s in setting up person to person file transfers and system to system file transfers on Axway version 5.2.1.
- production support and troubleshooting
- performance tune and support production environments.
Note: OnCall support may be required.
- configuration of file transfers for client
- update and documents production runbooks
- configuration on monitoring and advanced alerts
- Experienced in Axway Managed File Transfer 5.2.1 (or later)
- Experience in shell and Perl Scripting.
- Experience performance tuning Axway Managed File Transfer on versions 5.2 .1
- Experienced in configuring file transfers on Axway MFT solution.
- Knowledge of relevant file transfer protocol and security standards (SCP, SSH, SFTP, etc..)
- Knowledge and experience in windows and linux operating system
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices Key Competencies
- Oral and written communication skills
- Quick Learner
- Customer service orientation
- Problem analysis
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Experienced in installing patches and updates for Axway Managed File Transfer solutions.
- Software/hardware technical support experience
MatchPoint Solutions | 6690 Amador Plaza Rd. Suite 225 | Dublin, CA 94568
Phone: 925-230-9682| Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Web URL: www.matchps.com
Computer Network Operations (Cno) Analyst/Reverse Engineer
We are currently seeking a Computer Network Operations (CNO) Analyst/Reverse Engineer to support our Prime contract. The CNO Engineer will be responsible for:
- Provide reverse engineering of mobile and wireless hardware components, software applications and operating systems to determine functionality, code structure, and circuit design to discover vulnerabilities and provide proof of concept demonstrations
- Provide written reports, proof-of-concept code, prototypes, and hands-on demonstrations of reverse engineering results
- Provide/author and participate in technical presentations on assigned projects
- Assist in developing capability to identify traffic patterns and behavioral trends of potential malicious wireless network traffic. Stay abrest of new technology offerings and best practices as it relates to mobility, WiFi, and apply knowledge to recommend enhancements to customer networks
• Minimum four (4) years experience programming in Assembly, C, C++, Java, Perl, Python
• Minimum two (2) years demonstrated experience in either hardware or software reverse engineering and vulnerability discovery
• Demonstrated ability to administer and use hardware and software reverse engineering tools
• Minimum two (2) years experience programming CNO tools that incorporate covert means of execution, file storage, network communications, and data exfiltration for Windows, UNIX, and/or mobile operating systems
• Advanced knowledge of wireless standards (802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac, 802.11ad) and 802.1X authentication
• Experience configuring, troubleshooting, and testing wireless networks utilizing 802.1X authentication (RADIUS and/or TACACS authentication servers)
• Advanced knowledge of layer 2/layer 3 technologies (Ethernet, VLAN, bridging, STP, 802.1q, 802.3ad, TCP/IP, DHCP, MPLS), SNMP, HTTP, Linux/Unix/Mac OS X, and Windows operating systems
• Multi-protocol data network experience with a strong knowledge of routing and routed protocols including, but not limited to TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF
• Experience with packet/protocol fault analysis for common IP and Ethernet protocols and troubleshooting wired and wireless connections using wireless traffic analyzers (Wireshark, TCPDUMP, Omnipeek, etc.)
• Knowledge of WIDS/WIPS technologies, VPNs, firewall theory, and packet analysis principles and techniques applied in securing operating systems and LAN/WAN networks
• Demonstrated ability with version control software (i.e. Subversion, CVS, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability in software debugging
• Demonstrated ability to create and brief technical presentations
Clearance Requirement- TS/SCI with a Polygraph
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Cyber Security or other related fields. In lieu of degree, candidate must possess a minimum five (5) years experience in computer science, information systems, or network engineering.
Computer Programmer (.Net W/Sql)
Note: The best candidate will have experience with AAMVA.
- Assist in day to day operation and maintenance of the MERLIN system.Manage, troubleshoot and diagnose software issues.
- Create, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages.
- Consult with managerial, business subject matter experts, and technical personnel to gather requirements, identify problems, and recommend, create, and implement software changes.
- Schedule and monitor system maintenance.
- Oversee software performance.
- Install, update, and configure software.
- Produce support documentation.
- Resolve customer issues and respond to questions.
- Ensure developed code meets agency security protocols and requirements.
- Assist and advise network system analysts to define and resolve problems in active computer programs.
- Modify existing software systems to correct defects, adapt to new hardware or software, improve performance, and meet enhancement requirements.
- Establish project goals, timelines, standards, and maintain project plans.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Participate in the standards review and set guidelines for application development.
- Review and recommend new technologies for the agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics, computer engineering or a closely related field and four (4) years of job-related work experience in this field.
- Skilled in C# and Structured Query Language (SQL) programming languages.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development, system monitoring, and web technologies.
- Accomplished in software development utilities, database technology, hardware architecture, and software development lifecycle processes.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Complex problem solver, and critical thinker.
- Proficiency in conducting tests and inspections of software, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Effective communicator, both oral and written – can present technical concepts in a way that is appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Self-starter who effectively manages their time, and the time of others.
- Complete working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- AAMVA specs, testing and development experience.
Computer Systems Analyst III
- Windows and Linux
- Cisco Switching and Routing
- Dell Switching
- Applying and maintaining Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Experience with the following systems are highly preferred:
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS)/Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) Technologies
- Virtualized networking components
- High School diploma or GED
- Five (5) years of task specific project computerized system experience, to include: Design, Development, Test and Evaluation, Network Protocols, LAN Administration, and UNIX and Windows based operating systems.
- Completed the following certifications within one and a half year after assuming duties: Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) (Previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional (CSEP)), or with COR approval complete a vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), other).
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Minimum Secret clearance required OR must be eligible to apply and be granted interim DoD interim clearance prior to employment.
*StraCon “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and StraCon is established. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
Technology And Computer Science Intern
Graham Technologies is hiring a Technology and Computer Science Intern for the Fall and Spring Semester to work out of our Corporate Headquarters in Upper Marlboro, MD. We are looking for a hardworking, bright, and energetic undergraduate pursuing a degree in CS, Computer Engineering, or Math. This is a paid internship.
- Design and Implement scalable, service-oriented software, including Web services, for deployment in worldwide networks
- Perform object-oriented software development languages which include Java, Ruby on Rails, and C#
- Develop algorithms and write software to support analysis tools
- Execute R&D related to security vulnerabilities in applications and operating systems and integrate commercial products and custom software solutions
- Candidates may also be asked to support other activities related to software development to include documentation, configuration management, basic system administration, code reviews and system design
- Other Duties as required
To land this position you must have working knowledge of the below skills
- 1+ months of experience in a professional work environment obtained through internships or other work experience
- Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- Scheduled to obtain a BA or BS degree with a minimum of 30 credit hours completed
- Experience with using key analytic and computer tools, including Microsoft Word and Excel or similar spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Experience with Amazon WebServices is a plus
We’ll pay you a competitive salary commensurate to your experience. Graham Technologies benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance and AD&D, 401(k), up to 27 days of paid time off per year, 10 holidays per year, short and long term disability, education/training assistance, referral program and transportation benefits. We also believe in work to life balance and treating our employees as part of the Graham Tech family. We are looking for employees who want to grow in their career and with our company.
About Graham Technologies
Established in 2007, Graham Technologies provides Information Technology (IT) and engineering support services to the commercial and federal sectors. Through Superior IT support services and application modernization, Graham has assisted customers in achieving their respective goals and objectives; increasing their return on investment (ROI); and maintaining efficiency and effectiveness of their IT solutions. Graham Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Are you willing to accept the mission?
Sounds interesting? Start the conversation. Tell us what the next step in your career could be.
RF & Computer Forensics Specialist
- Conduct computer forensics, RF, and security vulnerability analysis using commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and/or customer provided tools.
- Evaluate waveforms, cloud services, web applications, and commercial-off-the-shelf software and hardware.
- Perform web service network traffic analysis and waveform analysis to detect anomalies.
- Support cyber security initiatives through both predictive and reactive analysis.
- Articulate emerging trends to leadership and staff.
- Provide management with discrepancy reports and end user documentation.
- Communicate daily with program managers, management, customer representatives, and end users to ensure delivery of quality products.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Cybersecurity, Information Technology (IT), Electrical Engineering (EE), Computer Science, Computer/Digital Forensics, Engineering, Math, Physics.
- Demonstrated 4 to 6 years’ experience in three or more of the following: analysis, RF analysis, RF engineering, computer forensics, network engineering, networking security, penetration testing, red teaming, hardware engineering, software reverse engineering, computer exploitation.
- Proven proficiency with at least three (3) or more of the following: mobile security, telecom protocols, operating systems (Windows, iOS, Android, or Linux), reverse engineering, forensics, network analysis, vulnerability assessment or malware forensics.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Wireshark, Fiddler, EnCase, Sleuthkit and/or other forensic tools.
- Demonstrated familiarization with waveform engineering and analysis.
- Demonstrated familiarity with RF testing and RF analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting reports, documenting case details, and able to summarize findings and recommendations based on system analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in performing post-incident computer forensics while maintaining proper chain of custody and without destruction of critical data.
- Experience employing advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, including dead system analysis and volatile data collection and analysis.
- Law Enforcement/Cyber Forensics experience.
- Desired experience ensuring quality assurance and the spreading of best practices.
- Relevant Certifications: CCFP, GCIA, OSCP, CEH, CISSP, or Security+.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Computer Systems Analyst
|Duration||DOE w/ Full Benefits|
|Tags||Computer Systems Analyst|
MAQ Software delivers innovative software solutions for Fortune 500 companies. Our data analytics solutions drive insights using Azure Machine Learning (ML), AWS Machine Learning, and Cognitive Services. We are excited about the new opportunities offered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and access to cloud services which simplify data management.
We have been closely aligned with Microsoft Corporation for the past 18 years. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner in data platform, data analytics, and application development. In addition, MAQ Software is a Consulting Partner for Amazon Web Services. Our customers include Microsoft Corporation, Starbucks, and Amazon. The company employs over 500 people in three engineering centers located in Redmond, Hyderabad, and Mumbai.
We foster a strong engineering culture with a can-do attitude. All our key managers come from excellent educational backgrounds and have significant experience growing a company and mentoring software engineers. Due to our smaller size, we adopt the latest technologies and computing trends ahead of the larger industry players. As a part of the company’s globally distributed engineering team, our engineers gain exposure to the latest software engineering practices and fast development cycles.
Analyze existing systems (~30%)
- Collect requirement specifications to analyze business processes and determine the exact nature of user’s system requirements, map process flow, and discuss with module leaders and core team members to decide on the organizational structure.
- Analyze existing system structures to provide solutions to improve computer systems to use cloud-based systems and services.
- Analyze user requirements to match data available to large computer database source systems to implement solutions at reasonable performance and cost.
- Design the processing steps and propose new systems based the user’s requirements. Interact with systems analysts/programmers to develop data migration tools, create processes for the new computer system and attend to ad-hoc issues related to day-to-day activities. Work with software developers in the implementation and testing phase.
- Prepare software specifications, flow charts, and process diagrams for software programmers to follow. Develop and maintain systems documentation such as design specifications, user manuals, technical manuals, descriptions of application operations, and methodology documentation.
- Analyze feasibility using commercially available software systems (e.g. Microsoft Azure versus Amazon Web Services) and reporting systems (e.g. Power BI versus Tableau).
- Interact with systems analysts/programmers to develop data migration tools, create processes for the new computer system and attend to ad-hoc issues related to day-to-day activities.
- Work with software developers in the implementation and testing phase.
- Set up test environment and compare data from multiple sources to verify reports for end users.
- Participate in technical collaboration meetings and periodical reviews of implementation status.
- Report weekly task plan to the project management team for implementation of custom software.
- Participate in technical trainings and complete relevant industry courses and certifications.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Applied Computational Math Sciences or related fields
Entry Level Computer Techs. 2Nd Shift (Stead,Nevada)
This is not a seasonal job and is direct hire (Full Benefits and Stability)
Come Grow with Us!
Entry Level Computer Tech (Data Wipe and Configure)
Located in Stead, Nevada (Redrock and Moya)
Shift = 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (M-F)
3:00 – 11:30 p.m. (M-F)
Pay = $16.00 PH for 1st and $16.50 for 2nd Shift
● The ELCT is responsible for performing low complexity builds of computing products in accordance with build plan. Installs system hardware and components.
● Prepare product for assembly; kit and package product.
● Perform builds of low complexity products according to build plan; install system hardware and components. (Basic Hardware Experience such as Building Computers helpful)
● Identify and process non-conforming material.
● Maintain product documentation; capture component and system serial numbers.
● Create and apply product labeling.
● Has limited prior relevant training or work experience
● Contributes directly to specific unskilled tasks or processes
● Has limited discretion to vary from established procedures
Experience / Education
Typically requires a high school diploma and no prior related experience or equivalent related experience. For warehouse jobs: Typically requires 1+ years of experience.
Hardware experience a must (Builds your own computer, familiar with hard drive and parts)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!