Concrete Batching And Mixing Plant Supervisor Job Description Sample
Plant Supervisor - Ready Mix Concrete
Job Description: Responsible for the daily operation of the plant, including but not limited to operations, maintenance, production, inventory control, safety, environmental compliance and supervision of plant employees.
Ensure that all products produced meet or exceed customers’ expectations regarding quality and service. Ensure adequate inventories in order to meet customer needs.
Ensure that a safe workplace is maintained, based on company policies and OSHA guidelines.
Schedule material deliveries according to information provided by Dispatch office (according to customer needs). Ensure deliveries are made promptly, safely and efficiently.
Ensure that operation remains in compliance with all applicable environmental standards.
Maintain plant in excellent condition, mechanically and esthetically.
Prepare and ensure accuracy of paperwork resulting from daily business; on occasion, handle cash sales from customers in accordance with established practices and policy.
Ensure that employees are working efficiently and consistently with company policies and guidelines.
Maintain good working relationships with direct reports, co-workers and outside agencies’ personnel.
Manage corporately approved disciplinary procedures pertaining to drivers and operators. Required Skills
High School diploma
Prior experience in Ready Mix Concrete for at least 5 years' required and prior experience in concrete plant management preferred.
Must be able to operate a front loader
Excellent math and computer skills.
Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Must have (or must be able to obtain as soon as possible) ACI Level I Field Testing Technician and FDOT Concrete Batch Plant Operator Certifications within 90 days of hire. Tracking Code: 1334-774 Job Location: Fort Pierce, Florida, United States
Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Operations Manager For A Ready Mix Concrete Plant
Scioto Ready Mix, a 350,000+ cubic yards, respected organization, located in Central Ohio, with 7 plants, is accepting resumes for a "hands on" Plant Operations Manager. Knowledge of CON-E-CO, McNeilus, Batch Plants, Water Heaters, Conveyors, Gates and Computer Batching Software is a must.
Salary is based on experience and knowledge of Ready Mix Plants and the day to day operations involved with producing and delivering a quality product on time. Benefits and etc. will be discussed in an interview.
Send resume to Resumes@Nicksavko.com
Resumes will be maintained in strict confidence.
Regional Concrete Plant Manager
Regional Concrete Plant Manager Regional Concrete Plant Manager
Concrete, Leadership, Safety, Production, Operations, multi-location experience, Quality If you're a Concrete Plant Manager with extensive industry and leadership experience, and you're trying to get involved with an established concrete company who has been going strong for 100 years, then this position is meant for YOU! We are a manufacturer of precast concrete pipe and box culverts that play an integral part in the construction of infrastructure. We have been going strong for the last century! And we're still growing! Our values are simple and straightforward; No Jerks, No foul language, and have fun! If you are a Regional Plant Manager with experience, please read on!
What You Will Be Doing Inspiring teams in multiple locations to strive for success in safety, production, operations and development Maintaining constant awareness of the status of production and delivery activities Identifying raw material needs and communicating with purchasing to maintain adequate inventory levels Being a primary contact for employees with regards to Human Resource topics Understanding project plans in order to bring them to reality in the production process Directing and monitoring of daily plant operations Comprehending and maintaining Key Performance Indicators Performing all business and employee related activities in a proficient, ethical, and confidential manner Uphold company core values Utmost attention to safety Concern for quality Ability to be a part of and lead effective teams Attention to detail
What You Need for this Position -Proven successful experience in a leadership role, preferably with multi-location experience
Applicable industry knowledge and experience
Computer / I.T literacy
Concrete Industry experience
Operations - multi-location experience
Quality What's In It for You Weekly Paycheck, Medical, Dental, and Vision, Life Insurance, 401K So, if you are a Regional Plant Manager with experience, please apply immediately! Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Regional Concrete Plant ManagerSD-Sioux FallsKD3-1414831
Concrete Plant Manager
Knight's Redi-Mix has an opening for a Plant Manager to train at our Irmo, SC ready-mix plant. Once training is completed, this position will be operating the Lugoff plant. In addition to managing the day-to-day plant operations, this position will also be required to operate a front end loader in the yard.
- Competitive wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Guaranteed Hours
- Uniforms and Boot Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Ensure all material tickets are entered into back office. Prepare daily packets to include batch tickets, material tickets, daily truck sheets, and any other relevant receipts for delivery to main office.
- Ensure that quality checks are done on sand moisture, slumps, and temperatures according to schedule.
- Schedule drivers for the next day with times provided by Dispatch.
- Communicate with Shop to report issues with plant trucks / heavy equipment and coordinate repairs.
- Communicate with Shop to coordinate planned services on plant trucks and heavy equipment.
- Work with Plant Maintenance and Batcher to perform routine plant maintenance.
- Communicate with Plant Maintenance to coordinate plant repairs.
- Coordinate with Plant Maintenance and Dispatch to report and troubleshoot issues.
- Monitor fuel levels daily; notify Purchasing Manager when reorders are needed in a timely manner to ensure fuel is always available.
- Record fuel on sheet from drivers and enter into computer.
- Supervise Yard Men to ensure that daily duties are completed accurately, and keep the plant orderly and neat.
- Review all employee timecards from the previous week to ensure accuracy and completeness. Approve time by end of business each Monday.
- Ensure that all personnel are acting within the current company policies and procedures; deliver disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Perform annual reviews for personnel on a yearly and as-needed basis.
- Actively work to promote teamwork within the Redi-Mix operations and between all divisions of Knight’s whenever possible.
- Ensure that all company safety regulations and policies are followed at all times.
- Ensure that all company environmental regulations and policies are followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess ACI Level I Certification, or have the ability to obtain ACI Level I Certification within six months of employment.
- Possess SCDOT Concrete Technician – Batching Certification, or have the ability to obtain SCDOT Concrete Technician – Batching Certification within six months of employment.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of concrete batching technology, equipment, methods and safety is required.
- Prior supervisory / management experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact with drivers and customers.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to successfully handle multiple priorities and projects.
- Eagerness to achieve and maintain a level of excellence in customer service.
- Good aptitude for logistics, planning and scheduling.
- Ability to work productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations under tight deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
The original company, Knight's Septic Tank, was founded in 1969 by CEO, Michael E. Knight which is now Knight's Companies and includes: Knight's Precast, Knights Redi-Mix, Knights Septic Tank and Knights Trucking, all of which strive to provide quality products and service to our friends and family in the construction industry.
Lead Concrete Batch Plant Operator - Springdale, AR
LEAD CONCRETE BATCH PLANT OPERATOR - SPRINGDALE, AR Location: SPRINGDALE, AR, US, 72765 Company: APAC - Central-Central West Region - River Valley City: SPRINGDALEState: ArkansasPostal/Zip Code:72765 Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States. Our operations span the nation from Montana to Texas and from Washington to Florida, with 17,500 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 states. Position Overview The lead batch plant operator controls the process to produce concrete from raw ingredients and additives according to predetermined specifications using computer batching software with additional lead duties. Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Effectively communicates with maintenance, dispatch, drivers, and supervisors.
Lead responsibilities include issuing work direction to hourly employees to ensure efficiency in all areas of production.
Responsible for cross training employees.
Responsible for ordering correct admixes and materials.
Takes an active role in estimating AE and water content to insure proper mix design for specific orders.
Ensures that the plant is well maintained and cleaned.
Verifies the correct admixtures are used in correct dosages and provided verification that the concrete batched meets the specifications established by the company and the customer.
Adjusts batching weights and quantities as necessary to maintain specifications.
Responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
Follow directions of Supervisor as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
Reliable, Regular On-Time Attendance is required and essential to the operation of the team. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to produce concrete products to required specifications. Education/Experience
Minimum high school or general education degree (GED) required.
Previous related experience as a Batch Plant Operator; knowledge of mix designs, components.
CDL a plus but not required. Work Requirements
Verify each load for yardage, mix, added products and all other quality information.
Safety and efficiently operate equipment.
Receive and inspect raw materials.
Keep required records and logs.
Oversee the cleaning of the central mix plant.
Monitor inventories in the plant (cement, flyash, admixtures).
Thorough working knowledge of computer/batching system.
Define problems, collect data, and communicate with supervisor.
Responsible for plant maintenance and preventive maintenance.Inspect plant equipment and facilities for mechanical problems.Relay any problems to the supervisor.
Strictly adhere to safety requirements, policies, and procedures as outlined in the employee policy manual.
Report to work at the designated start time.
Work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors/managers with other duties as required.
Perform general labor duties when necessary.
Available to work overtime, nights and weekends when necessary.
Travel and work away from home when necessary. Knowledge/Skill Requirements
Basic knowledge of skid steer and/or BobCat equipment operation.Experience with basic hand tools and general equipment maintenance. Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Climb: ascend/descend ladders, stairs, and equipment.
Lift: exertion of physical strength to move objects (50 lbs.) from one level to another.
Carry: hold or rest weighted objects (50 lbs.) directly on hands, arms, shoulders, or back while walking from one location to another.
Bend: flexion of the upper trunk forward while standing and knees extended or knees flexed when sitting.
Push/Pull: Exertion of force on or against object (70 lbs.) to move it from one location to another.
Reach: extend the hands and arms in any direction.
Kneel: maintain the body in an erect posture while resting body weight on one or both knees.
Stoop: flexion of the upper body forward at the waist with partial flexion of the knee while standing.
Twist: using hand tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers. Work Environment
Noise: sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to cause marked distraction or possible injury to sense of hearing.
Fumes: vaporous emissions, usually odorous, thrown off as the result of combustion or chemical reaction.
Gases: carbon monoxide and ozone.
Dust: airborne particles of any kind such as dust.
Hazards: closeness to moving mechanical parts; slipping while ascending/descending stairs, ladders, and equipment; exposure to high temperatures during the summer and cold temperatures during the winter.
Protection: required to wear hard hat, safety glasses (prescription or non-prescription) with side shields, safety vest, gloves, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection. The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What Oldcastle Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs About Oldcastle Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family! Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn! Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network. Nearest Major Market:FayettevilleJob Segment:Plant, Chemical Research, Construction, Plant Operator, Equipment Operator, Manufacturing, Engineering Apply now »
Plant Manager - Precast / Prestress Concrete
The Plant Manager must have precast / prestressed experience to be considered for this role.
Certificate and Licenses: Pre-stress Concrete Institute Level I, II, III – preferred.
Location: (San Antonio - Austin Corridor)
The Plant Manager will direct and coordinate plant production in an industrial setting by performing the following duties personally and through 10 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of approximately 80 employees (stressing crew, tying crew, pouring crew, crane crew, batch plant and receiving/inventory). The Plant Manager Is responsible for the overall direction coordination, and evaluation of these units and directly supervises four non-supervisory employees. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Drives and Supports Continuous Improvement activities.
- Reviews production order or schedules to determine product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations. Establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operation reports and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Participates in hiring, discipline and termination decisions. Participates productively as needed with upper management to resolve any worker grievances.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
The preference is to have a bachelor’s degree from a four year college or a minimum six years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Concrete Paver Production Plant Manager
*Interested Candidate MUST have Concrete Block Manufacturing Experience *
Concrete Plant Plant Production Plant Manager Description:
- Supervises the production and maintenance of concrete paver plant and yard operations
- Manages concrete paver plant personnel and equipment safely to achieve the maximum level of efficiency and productivity.
- Maintains an adequate supply of concrete paver plant material inventory to minimize downtime.
- Maintains compliance with organization policies and safety standards.
- Encourages efficient utilization of equipment and facilities.
- Exercises general supervision with respect to concrete paver plant production volume, cost and quality of production, meeting production schedules and delivery rates.
- Maintains up to date files on OSHA, EPA, personnel and other pertinent information.
- Contributes to the maintenance of operational policies and procedures including hiring and terminating, scheduling and assigning work, measuring performance and determining pay.
- Develop and maintain an efficient concrete products yard layout program and assist with monthly inventory, reconciling book to actual differences on monthly basis as needed.
Concrete Plant Plant Production Plant Manager Required
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- 10 years of concrete products plant supervisory experience.
- Must have big board paver equipment experience, preferably Rekers
- Must have a strong knowledge of concrete block plant production practices and industry insight
- Knowledge of concrete paver manufacturing equipment operation and ability & willingness to operate equipment when needed
- Good working maintenance knowledge and ability to troubleshoot block plant equipment to include PLC troubleshooting
- Must be safety conscious and a champion for safety
- Ability to apply moderately complex mathematical equations as applicable.
Interested Candidate MUST have Concrete Block Manufacturing Experience
Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration, Concrete Products and Construction, Metals, Engineering and Plastic Industries.
Plant Manager - Hardy Street - Campbell Concrete
5260BR Line Of Business: RMC (Ready-Mix Concrete)
Primary Location: Houston-TX
The Company and the Role: Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt and other concrete products. Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, a global leader in aggregates, cement, concrete, and other downstream activities. The Group employs over 60,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in 60 countries. Campbell Concrete & Materials (Lehigh Hanson) is seeking a qualified Plant Manager for our Hardy Street facility located in Houston, TX. Campbell Concrete & Materials operates 23 ready mixed concrete plants throughout the greater Houston area. With more than 200 mixer trucks and nearly 400 dedicated employees, Campbell has provided a quality ready mix product for over 50 years. Currently, as part of Lehigh Hanson, Inc., one of the largest construction materials companies in North America, Campbell has access to the most knowledgeable experts in the industry. Campbell Concrete & Materials can provide a wide range of ready mixed concrete products to meet the requirements for all commercial, industrial, paving, residential projects, and DIY projects. Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled What you’ll get to do:
Safely batch concrete and load trucks according to order specification
Supervise hourly personnel to include: hiring, training, directing, counseling and disciplining employees according to company policy
Review daily vehicle reports completed by drivers
Maintain raw materials inventory and other necessary supplies
Prepare required reports on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
Conduct safety meetings
Perform quality control sampling to ensure the integrity of finished product
Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal employment regulations as well as company policies and procedures
Maintain company assets in good operational condition
Assist with performing maintenance work on equipment
Operate the plant within set budget
Review orders in the system for proper mix design for customer specific needs.
Communicate in an effective manner with all operations personnel to ensure availability of proper resources, personnel, and trucks to provide superior customer service.
Who we are looking for:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
5+ years progressive experience with ready mix concrete production, associated equipment and fleet management.
2+ years driving ready mix concrete trucks.
Ability to work extended hours and irregular schedules.
Capable of climbing conveyor belts and silos.
Must have working knowledge of state and federal employment, safety and environmental laws.
Proficient PC skills, with experience in Microsoft Office, and Outlook.
Valid commercial driver’s license preferred.
Must be able to work at night and varying shifts.
Benefits & Compensation: We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process. No search firms please. IND123
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
Laborer - Concrete Crushing Plant
We are looking to add hard working, dependable individuals to our team. We are seeking a qualified person to operate our truck scale as well as a qualified laborer.
Responsibilities for both Include:
Reading, writing and math to complete scale tickets for our customers
Communication skills to correspond with customers
Need to be able work overtime and weekends with no time off April through November.
Punctuality a must
Pre-Employment Drug Test
Pre-Employment Background Check
Concrete Batch Plant Operator-Denver Division
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Denver Division - operating primarily in Colorado and surrounding states
Minimum Years of Experience: 1 Year
Willing to Travel
Specialty: Commercial, Industrial
Must be Eligible to Work in the US Company Info IHC is a nationally known, full-service heavy-civil contractor, specializing in building highways, airfields, streets and local roads, parking lots, industrial pavements, and water resource projects. In business for 60 years, IHC’s primary market areas include the Rocky Mountain, Midwest, and Southwest regions of the United States. A leader in concrete paving innovation and quality, IHC currently ranks in the Top 400 ENR Contractors and employs 350 employees annually. Job Description Primarily responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of a central mix concrete batch plant. Will work cooperatively with the placement operations in the production of high quality concrete at the times and volumes required by the placement crews. The plant operator is also responsible for the training and performance of all assigned subordinates (loader operators charging plant, plant helpers and others as assigned). Incumbent must be able and willing to work on remote projects in Colorado and neighboring states; work under very rigorous conditions – long hours and 6 to 7 days a week at times. Good communication skills are required and an ability to focus on tasks at hand, be a self-motivator, and to work well with others. Base hourly wage and Davis Bacon classification/hourly wage will be established and/or negotiated commensurate with specific experience and qualifications. Applicant must be at least 18 years old. This is outside work in all types of environments, weather conditions, and all seasons. Due to the nature of the position, regular and timely attendance is essential and must conform to the company's hours of operation. Construction background required, prefer paving or heavy/highway construction experience. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
Valid ID, background check, and drug screening are required for all applicants. Benefits A comprehensive benefits package is provided to meet the needs of our employees at an affordable cost. IHC pays the entire cost for some benefits and others require employee cost-sharing.
Dental (Class I & II)
Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D
Hourly Travel Incentive plans
Retirement Plan Contribution
Employee Assistance Plan
Employee Recognition plans (based on years of service)
Company Vehicle Plans
Relocation (for select positions)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!