Concrete Float Maker Job Description Sample
Job Title: Sign Maker FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Grocery Revision Date: 05/2012
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service.Designs and prints signs.
Accountable and Reports to: StoreDirector; Assistant Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and StoreOperations; Assistant Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; AssistantManagers
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Providesprompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concernand patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the mostimportant people in the store.
2.Smilesand greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place inthe employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
3.Makesan effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name wheneverpossible.
4.Assistscustomers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance theshopping experience.
5.Answersthe telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers whocall.
6.Workswith co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant workenvironment.
7.Designsand prints signs.
8.Ensurescleanliness of interior and exterior of the store.
9.Prioritizeswork load to ensure all duties are completed.
- Maintains strictadherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene anddress.
- Adheres to companypolicies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work whenscheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and
1.Assists in other areas of store as needed.
2.Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalentexperience. Less than six months of similar or related work experience.
Must be able to physically perform sedentary work exerting up to10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequentlyor constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, includingthe human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs aresedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all othersedentary criteria are met.
Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches tomore than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision,and field of vision.
Must be able to perform the following physical activities:Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling,lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and
Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolvedwritten or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide wholenumbers.
Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copydata from one record to another; interpret written work instructions; interviewto obtain basic information.
The duties of this position are performed in a retail storesetting. There is continuous exposure to markers. There is significantpressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects at a time.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Telephone, design markers
Has daily contact with suppliers/vendors and the generalpublic.
Has access to confidentialinformation including store promotions or sale items.
Tool & Die Maker
The Tool & Die Maker will support the manufacturing team and production floor. This role is hands-on in the cells developing tooling, and fixturing as well as operating. This associate will work with the team to close associate suggestions, implement productivity improvements, and implement kaizen actions.
Adhere to all safety programs and policies.
Set up and operation of Tool Room machines (CNC & non-CNC), tools, and equipment including manual mills, lathes, band saw, and surface grinder to fabricate complex tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and components to support design and production needs.
Mechanical aptitude to trouble shoot cell tool and fixture problems and implement solutions.
Support new product introductions through fixturing concepts, design, and creation.
Be able to machine to tight tolerances with exceptional quality
Support plant engagement through completion of employee suggestions.
Helps train cell operators in the proper use of equipment.
Helps perform preventative maintenance of fixturing and tooling within the plant.
Support Manufacturing team to develop productivity and quality improvements.
Perform duties of similar complexity as assigned by the Facility Manager and communicates essential information to the Facility Manager as required.
Adhere to all 5S responsibilities to create a safe environment for all Associates.
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.
High school diploma or GED; apprenticeship graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to work from prints, sketches, and written or verbal instructions.
Understanding of basic programming language.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other associates of the organization.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at:
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.
Tool & Die Maker
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Prefer with a Journeyman Tool & Die Certificate
- Minimum five years experience as Tool & Die Maker or experience repairing and modifying stamping dies.
- Experience with large transfer dies, deep draw dies, progressive dies, welding fixtures, and quality check fixtures.
- Operate all Die Room Equipment, Lathes, Grinders, Bridgeports, Drill Presses, etc
- Demonstrate tool & die knowledge through a job interview and proficiency exercise.
- Crane certification
- Forklift license
- The Tool & Die Technical Associate will troubleshoot die and press issues ensuring they are addressed in an accurate and timely manner for continued production
- They will confirm performance of die by installing die, inspecting operation of die, making adjustments and comparing finished product to specifications
- The Tool & Die Technical Associate will be able to read and understand blue prints in order to develop and create tools and dies to meet the specifications and needs of internal and external customers
- They will conduct preventative maintenance on all tools and dies
- They will promote and maintain a positive team environment. Keeping their supervisor and other team members informed of progress, issues and/or concerns
- The Tool & Die Technical Associate will operate conventional tool room machines, CNC experience will be a plus
- The Tool & Die Technical Associate will measure parts to specification and have a basic working knowledge of GD&T
- They will maintain a clean and safe work area
- They will follow all OSHA and company safety policies and procedures
- The Tool & Die Technical Associate will operate an overhead crane
Construction Project Manager Concrete
Self-starters with a strong entrepreneurial spirit do well in this company's culture. Core markets of healthcare, life sciences, higher ed, advanced technology, corporate office. Currently hiring project managers in:
Required background: At least 5 years self-perform GC commercial concrete or turnkey concrete subcontractor?? experience as a project manager with lead project experience in the 5-20M+ range.
?? Weekly quantity update and review of job cost reports.
Issue RFI?s. Work with estimators and assist with design and constructability reviews on projects currently in preconstruction. Issue subcontract agreements and purchase orders as needed to assist Estimator.
Management of all project team members (Project engineers, Superintendents, and Foreman.) 100% Detailed/hands-on knowledge of Project Scope. Monthly project billings. Change Management, including pricing and maintenance of a change order log.
Complete understanding of cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting. Accountable for project completion and financials, Critical Success Factors, Customer Satisfaction Results. Assist Estimator and Superintendent in project buyout and material procurement.
Understanding of Owner Contracts Conduct weekly safety audits. ?? Compile project turnover binders for all projects. Review and process submittals and shop drawings. Develop site specific quality control plans and quality control posters.
Maintain project documents and distribute to project teams. Participate in project job walks. Review and assist the Superintendent in development of project schedules and 3 week schedules.
Assist with monthly hours and labor projections. ??
?? We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess: ? Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills ? Ability to identify and resolve complex issues ? Ability to create and support team morale ? Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Prolog or similar), Accounting cost management software (CMIC or similar), and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar). ? 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager with a large general contractor company ? Bachelor?s degree in Construction Management of Engineering or related field preferred but not required ? A strong work ethic and a ?can-do? attitude.
The Mold Maker needs to be someone who can creatively think outside of the box to design and repair molds within the shop. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently to conduct the appropriate fixtures for each assigned mold. The company launches multiple types of products, this person must be able to work within a rapid paced environment and must be able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to use all equipment including EDM & OD – ID Grinder
- Ability to sketch out your own mold from part – print, verbal instructions by supervisor or VP of Engineering pertaining to shrinkage, type of runner, gating, venting, molding machine to be used, critical dimensions, critical finishes, and absence of flash
- Ability to repair any mold in the shop by:
- Diagnosing the problem
- Evaluating how to fix it and how long it will take
- Finding ways to prevent this problem from occurring again
- Making parts for replacing broken or warn out parts
- Performing proper assembly and respecting checklist for all functions of the mold
- Ability to keep accurate timing in regards of your estimated hours
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 10 years of experience as a mold maker
- Possess a good understanding of plastic technology, steel, welding techniques, heat treat and plating
- Performing requirements of mold makers “B” and “C”
- Ability to perform and dictate polishing practices to achieve finish on plastic parts as required
Plant Manager - RMX Concrete
Locations available: IA, SD, IL
Directs production, distribution and operations for branch plant, or assigned territory of organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff.
- Professionally takes orders from customers over phone, electronically or in person, schedules deliveries and batches concrete.
- Positively supervises and motivates truck driver deliver fleet, and plant operator and/or yard attendant if any.
- Evaluates and mentors job performances, strengthens employee morale, to maximize personnel skills and to optimize quality and quantity of production.
- Demonstrates and communicates high standard of customer service and satisfaction by working in conjunction with other company representatives and sales staff.
- Creates and fosters the entrepreneurial spirit by generating revenues, controlling expenditures to maximize the profits for the plant, region and company.
- Prepares timely company reports, timecards/timesheets and starts invoice process
Documents employee behavior, both positive and negative, and responds proactively in accordance with company policies.
- Maintains housekeeping tasks of plant office and premises to conform to company and legal safety standards.
Experience - plant manager: 1 year (Required)
Education- High school or equivalent (Required)
Concrete Floor Applicator
Start a new career with Alpine Insulation, a part of the Installed Building Products (IBP) Family of Companies. We are one of the largest insulation installers serving the U.S. residential new construction market with 135+ locations serving the 48 continental United States. IBP has successfully grown through acquisitions and we continue to do so. Although installing insulation is our niche we are also a leader in installing garage doors, rain gutters, closet shelving, shower doors, mirrors, fireplaces, and bath and door hardware.
Become a part of a growing company with the opportunities to learn new skills and build a career with Alpine Insulation!
IBP offers our employees a career with the following benefits:
401k with company match
On the Job Training
Paid Certification (if applicable)
Opportunity for Growth and Advancement
Concrete Floor Applicator - responsible for completing the tasks involved in pouring high quality gypsum based concrete floors along with completing all tasks necessary to ensure subfloor is prepped properly prior to pouring.
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
Installing sound reduction products prior to pouring the floor
Filling the openings in subfloor with caulk
Transferring 80-pound bags of material from supplier's pallets to the mixing station. Pallets of material and mixing station are located on the back of a flat bed truck. Applicators move bags of material a maximum distance of about 15 feet.
Maneuvering the pour hose to keep it out of the pourer's path of movement
Operating skid steer to transfer sand to the mixer
Operating mixing station to ensure material is being poured at correct strength and consistency
Handling the pour hose to ensure an even and consistent layer of Levelrock is poured throughout the building
Finishing the floor using a screed to ensure the floor is smooth and level throughout the building
Work well in a team setting.
Able to handle working long hours.
Able to regularly work Monday through Friday along with some Saturdays as needed. Saturday work is usually on a voluntary basis.
Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Preferred – possession of a valid drivers license (class D or commercial class A or B).
Able to lift and maneuver 80-pound bags of Levelrock mix consistently for an extended period of time. Short breaks will be taken after every four bags of material transferred to mixer.
Able to work on hands and knees for an extended period of time.
Able to travel in a truck for extended periods of time. Work is performed throughout Wisconsin and into Minnesota and Illinois so there is drive time with this position. Applicator is paid for drive time.
Commercial and residential construction sites
Outdoor and indoor work.
EEO StatementIBP is an equal opportunity employer.
Carpenters AND Concrete Finishers!!!
Fessler & Bowman, Inc. is a growth-focused concrete and excavation contractor based in Flushing, Michigan with offices in Bossier City, LA and Charlotte, NC. With a 50+ year history of quality, safety, and profitability, the Company has relied on its strong leadership team and core principals. In order to staff the projects that it has on the books for 2018, the Company is adding to its field craft (all trades) workers.
While the Company has built a backlog of work in its core regions, employees that are willing to travel to project sites have the best opportunity of staying busy year round and earning the most money. Additionally, there are opportunities to grow with the company, which can provide additional pay and benefits in future roles.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- The position involves a variety of tasks, including welding, building forms and forming systems for concrete, operating basic hand tools and small powered equipment, and everything else that a carpenter does in the heavy civil field.
- Previous knowledge of civil construction, concrete works and steel fixing are essential along with a solid understanding of formwork carpentry.
- Ability to read blueprints and be proficient in measuring and cutting.
- Some experience building Concrete Forms and Decks desired.
- Position and secure steel bars or mesh in concrete forms in order to reinforce concrete. Use a variety of fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, and hand tools. Includes rod busters.
- The position involves anything and everything related to heavy concrete, finishing concrete, earthwork, and site utilities. From unloading and moving construction materials to building forms and working on large concrete pours.
- Waterproof, finish, and repair concrete in new and existing structures.
- Install items into freshly poured concrete.
- Spread, level, and smooth wet concrete.
- Create concrete forms and use machinery to direct wet concrete into them.
- Willingness to learn and follow all safety policies and requirements
- Ability to work hard all day, in good and bad weather, and occasionally deal with stressful situations
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly throughout the day
- This position requires climbing, kneeling, bending, and crawling often as well as the ability to work on ladders, platforms, and mechanical lifts
- Ability to understand English
- Valid Drivers License
This position is full-time, with a strong likelihood for year-round work if willing to travel. The Company pays great hourly rates, provides a benefits package. Additionally, Fessler & Bowman is focused on safety and quality and has built a good Company culture around the team that supports this commitment.
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process will include a phone screen, in-person meeting, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Fessler & Bowman is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Commercial Concrete Project Manager
The Project Manager works directly with the GC/CM and project owner to ensure projects meet expectations and run smoothly from start to finish. The PM has a variety of responsibilities that include, but are not limited to: document control, project scheduling, change order management, quantity tracking, material scheduling, budgeting and cost control, and final close-out of the job.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field
- 5 years of Project Management experience in relevant field
- Ability to balance the company's interest with the project owner's interest
The owners of the Company lead with a team first mentality. Both owners know each employee by name and make it a priority to get to know everyone. Advantages of working with the family-oriented contractor include, the opportunity to be involved in projects from start to finish, daily interaction with senior leadership, team building events, and the ability to learn and grow within the Company and take on more complex and exciting projects!
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position with a competitive pay rate, based on skills and experience. The compensation package also includes bonus opportunities, medical benefits, profit sharing, and paid time off.
The Recruiting Process
The recruitment process will include a mixture of phone and in-person interviews, candidate assessments, and a pre-employment background check and drug test. The process is designed to make sure that candidates are aligned with the Company’s long-term goals and have shared core values.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certified Concrete Technologist - Technical Services Engineer
- Assist sales force in providing technical and marketing services for customers and monitoring the quality of products.
- Provide proactive support to cement commercial group & customers in the areas of product performance, mix optimizations, best practices, technical information
- Manage and conduct projects together with clients and Company personnel in cement and concrete application, new application development
· Support sales by development of marketing strategies of products.
· Troubleshoot and handle customer related complaints and technical questions.
· Take a leading role in cement quality assurance and improvement activities.
· Provide and organize customer technical presentations & training on existing and new products.
· Coordinate and facilitate competitor cement monitoring
BS Concrete Technology, Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering or Materials Engineering
5 years in concrete and concrete products
Sales and Marketing experience, interfacing experience with customers / clients
· Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager, Technical Services Engineer or Certified Concrete Technologist in the building materials industries (cement, concrete, admixtures).
· Technical knowledge of building materials with excellent understanding of the cement industry, knowledge of Aluminate cements is a clear plus and well versed in the application and mix design development using admixtures (chemical and mineral) and cementitious additions.
· Good understanding of computer systems, good knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written), German would be a plus.
· Position involves travel as needed to meet with customers, plant personnel, colleagues and attend business and plant meetings in US and Europe. Frequency 30 to 50%
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!