Concrete Pipe Maker Job Description Sample
Forklift/Heavy Equipment Operator - Concrete Pipe Plant
Operate small and large forklifts, loaders, chain lifts, etc.
Organize product on the yard according to inventory procedures
Safely load product onto and unload product from flat bed trailers
Validate packing slips, ship tickets, and other delivery documentation by auditing, recording and interpreting shipping documentation, weights & measures, labels and production schedules
Other duties may be assigned as needed
Foley Products Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Comprehensive Benefits Package includes: Health, dental and vision insurance; Life insurance; 401(k); paid vacation
Experience and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Must have experience operating a forklift - at least 1 year is preferred
Ability to perform routine inspection, fueling and preventive maintenance duties (lubrication, cleaning, battery change)
Ability to record and understand numerical values
Ability to communicate effectively with team members
Must have math, communication and comprehension skills to interface with transportation, dispatch, and direct trailer hitch operations
- Lifting may be required with assistance provided if needed
Concrete Polishers - Self Leveling Concrete Installers
EXPERIENCED SELF-LEVELING CONCRETE INSTALLERS & CONCRETE POLISHERS WANTED: We are a local company looking for experienced candidates in the Washington Metro Area.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
We are a small company based out of Springfield, VA.
looking for qualified tradespeople with experience in self-leveling concrete product installation and concrete polishing.
ALSO LOOKING FOR APPRENTICE / HELPERS & LABORERS WILLING TO LEARN AND CLIMB THE RANKSMOST STARTING @ $16 / HR Some/all of the following characteristics of the ideal candidate: - Positive attitude with great communication skills (written & verbal) - Valid Driver's License & Reliable Transportation
Ability to work in a Team Environment
Ability to work Flexible Schedule (days, weekends, nights)
Able to lift up to at least 55 lbs.
Professional Integrity Experience:
Shot blast concrete
Self-leveling cement installations
Concrete crack repair
Stained / Decorative concrete
Epoxy floor installations When submitting your information please provide the following:
Current resume and/or your job history for the past 3 years.
Any project management/leadership positions you've held.
If you have run crews or managed teams of others please elaborate on your experience.
Let us know of any skills that separate you from other candidates or projects you've done.
If you have any questions about the ad, please contact me at or
Level II Pipe Inspectors
This position starts as a 4+ month "contract to permanent" role. In return, we offer an opportunity to build a solid career with competitive compensation and a very attractive benefits package, including health care coverage on the first of the month after direct hire and a market-leading 401(k) program."
Essential Job Functions:
Must perform and report findings for QC and NDT inspections w/ Ability to coordinate with contractor’ s and client’ s staff, communicate effectively with all parties.
Verify the implementation of contract documents, and Produce inspection reports and maintain detailed records of work performed
Prepares and monitors internal HNTB project controls for field personnel as assigned.
Produce and maintain punch list as assigned.Mentoring and training of staff as assigned.
Recognizes complex problems and assists in bringing to resolution.
Proficient in applying standard inspection testing techniques and procedures for the verification of material
Able to read and interpret complex plans, specifications, and shop drawings as assigned. Performs standard mathematical calculations as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Previously certified to SNT-TC-1A in one of the following methods:
Magnetic Particle Inspection
Liquid Penetrant Inspection
Magnetic Flux Leakage
Detail oriented and good communication skills
Inspection experience with one of the following products required:
Need level II MPI inspector --this job is inspecting collars, HWDP subs, welds, top drive units
Need level II EMI inspector-- this job will be inspecting drill pipe and from time to time casing. Will be running a desk and buggy across the drill pipe and be running a crew up to 4 people
Inspection: (2-5 years)
Required license or certification:--Level 2 Inspector Certification
Oil Country Tubular Goods( OCTG) to API Specification 5CT
Used Drill Pipe Inspection/Used Tubing Inspection
Drill Tool Inspection
Must able to work any shift. Must be able to provide proof of all certifications Ability to multitask
Must have a strong understanding of commercial/govt specs Must also have a good driving record and be able to access various customer sites.
Pipe Designer 6D
The primary focus of the Piping Designer is designing piping systems, general arrangement drawings, flow diagrams and detailed fabrication and assembly drawings for our industrial paint systems and wastewater treatment systems. Designers work closely with our Lead Designers and Project Engineers to satisfy customer requirements and resolve design problems from the initial design to the final release of drawing to the shop floor.
This individual will be drawing piping systems as directed by the Project Engineers.
Designers must be able to calculate flows, loadings, dimensions and weights as determined or instructed. Individuals will be using manufacturers’ literature, selecting equipment components based on workable design, and other engineering data.
Designers will be comparing costs versus designs to determine the most cost effective way to manufacture the equipment.
Designers are required to create a BOM to be used for purchasing, fabrication and shipping.
To be successful in this role the Piping Designer will have:
- A related technical degree or equivalent years of experience
- Be extremely proficient in AutoCAD 2D and SolidWorks
- Experienced in designing piping systems
- A passion for your work is a must!
Concrete Plant Foreman
Efficiently produce high quality plant-mixed products at the required production rates. Reports to Superintendent, Construction Manager, or Operations Manager. Projects are throughout the Midwest and will require traveling.
- Set-up, operate and take down plant as assigned.
- Maintain and service equipment assigned to plant operation.
- Monitor material inventories and coordinate material deliveries.
- Verify proper input of mix design components for proper mixing of products on a daily basis.
- Report daily production quantities, material usage, equipment usage and fuel consumption.
- Operate dust control systems to conform to EPA regulations.
- Maintain/provide records for plant permit requirements/assure compliance.
- Maintain plant area in an orderly manner.
- Maintain good working relationship with owner's representative/inspector.
- Maintain highest level of safety in all construction activities; enforce all company safety rules and company policy.
Carpenters And Concrete Finishers
Fessler & Bowman, Inc. is a growth-focused concrete and excavation contractor based in Flushing, Michigan with offices in Bossier City, LA and Charlotte, NC. With a 50+ year history of quality, safety, and profitability, the Company has relied on its strong leadership team and core principals. In order to staff the projects that it has on the books for 2018, the Company is adding to its field craft (all trades) workers.
While the Company has built a backlog of work in its core regions, employees that are willing to travel to project sites have the best opportunity of staying busy year round and earning the most money. Additionally, there are opportunities to grow with the company, which can provide additional pay and benefits in future roles.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- The position involves a variety of tasks, including welding, building forms and forming systems for concrete, operating basic hand tools and small powered equipment, and everything else that a carpenter does in the heavy civil field.
- Previous knowledge of civil construction, concrete works and steel fixing are essential along with a solid understanding of formwork carpentry.
- Ability to read blueprints and be proficient in measuring and cutting.
- Some experience building Concrete Forms and Decks desired.
- Position and secure steel bars or mesh in concrete forms in order to reinforce concrete. Use a variety of fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, and hand tools. Includes rod busters.
- The position involves anything and everything related to heavy concrete, finishing concrete, earthwork, and site utilities. From unloading and moving construction materials to building forms and working on large concrete pours.
- Waterproof, finish, and repair concrete in new and existing structures.
- Install items into freshly poured concrete.
- Spread, level, and smooth wet concrete.
- Create concrete forms and use machinery to direct wet concrete into them.
- Tasks include digging trenches/holes/ditches, mixing concrete.
- Staging, organizing and cleaning up work sites.
- May operate hand and power tools.
- Load and unload equipment, clear work areas, and transport materials.
- Other duties to be assigned.
- Willingness to learn and follow all safety policies and requirements
- Ability to work hard all day, in good and bad weather, and occasionally deal with stressful situations
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly throughout the day
- This position requires climbing, kneeling, bending, and crawling often as well as the ability to work on ladders, platforms, and mechanical lifts
- Ability to understand English
- Valid Drivers License
This position is full-time, with a strong likelihood for year-round work if willing to travel. The Company pays great hourly rates, provides a benefits package. Additionally, Fessler & Bowman is focused on safety and quality and has built a good Company culture around the team that supports this commitment.
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process will include a phone screen, in-person meeting, and a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Fessler & Bowman is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Qp-Operations Supervisor - Pipe
General Dynamics Electric Boat is the world's foremost designer and builder of nuclear submarines, the most complex machines made by man. The company's industry leadership extends back over a century to 1899 when it produced the U.S. Navy's first commissioned undersea warship. Today, Electric Boat prides itself on being the premier shipbuilding company in the industry. We develop and apply state of the art technology to the design and construction of nuclear powered submarines. With a team of highly skilled and dedicated employees, we have successfully taken submarine technology to a new level.
General Dynamics Electric Boat is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
The Operations Supervisor - Pipe must possess an energetic and positive attitude and be willing to change and develop as requirements of assigned tasks dictate.
Responsible for daily assignments, overall coordination of employees in order to attain maximum performance, efficiency and quality within existing manpower
Requires the proven ability to effectively organize and assign work to hourly employees such that safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives are met
Must be capable of taking effective disciplinary action in accordance with company policy and procedures and confer with Human Resources concerning employee problems and manner of resolution
Must demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively to provide quality seamless customer service
1+ years pipe trade experience required
High school diploma/GED preferred; College preferred. AS/BS in any Engineering discipline is preferred
Previous supervisory experience preferred
Previous EB experience preferred
MDU training and experience is preferred
Military experience preferred
Applicant must be granted a minimum of an interim secret clearance prior to position commencing. They must be able to obtain and maintain a final secret clearance to remain in that position.
Candidate must be able and available to work all assigned shifts
Must be able to work extended hours as business needs dictate
Capable of reading, interpreting, and putting into effect plans, procedures and instructions
Must be able to read and interpret EB blue prints, procedures, and related reference documents
Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with subordinates and supervisors
Good presentation skills preferred
Attention to detail a must
Physical QualificationsClimbing, Color Vision, Crawling, Kneeling, Light Lifting, Medium Lifting, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Stooping, TwistingEnvironmental AttributesAcids or Alkalis, Cold, Dry, Dusty, Fumes, Hot, Inside, Noise, Oily, Outside, Wet
Mixer Driver Concrete
- Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Mixer Driver will operate ready mix trucks between plant locations and job sites.
Perform daily preventative maintenance, record and inspection on vehicles to include fueling, cleaning, tire/light inspection, checking and adding fluids as needed
Use water hoses to clean mixer between loads
Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections
Assist maintenance with repairs as needed
Visually inspect the consistency of concrete in mixer
Communicate and direct coworkers verbally either directly, through two-way radio or hand signals
Provide appropriate documentation on delivery tickets
Ensure all delivery tickets are signed and returned to Martin Marietta/Ready Mix
Exercise good judgment regarding work site access, unloading and operation to and from work site
Maintain good customer relations by acting in a professional, courteous manner
Assist in training of co-workers as needed
Must possess a Class B CDL license or better
Must have clean driving history and focus on safety
One-year experience operating diesel tandem trucks and/or Ready Mix truck driving experience preferred
Possess a safe driving record
Maintain an active DOT qualification
Ability to perform well in a "TEAM" environment
Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching
Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels
Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 12 feet
Able to work up to 12 hour maximum driving time per day/TX DOT
Lift objects of various dimensions and weights
Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects
Ability to use vibration tools
Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather
Most time is spent outside in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
Health Care Reimbursement Account
Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
Employee Assistance Plan
Paid Holidays and Vacation
401(k) with Company matching
Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
Optional Long-Term Disability
Employee Life Insurance
Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Direct Deposit Payroll
Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
Matching Gift Program
New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
We are an equal opportunity employer.Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Responsible to safely supervise and coordinate concrete activities and projects.
An excellent opportunity for a Concrete Superintendent, offering competitive wages with a full benefits package. Must be comfortable with travel in the region, all travel expenses are covered by company.
1.Over 2 years up to and including 4 years from post high school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment.
2. Minimum 5-10 years of experience in Concrete and supervisory role.
3. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
5. Experience in managing multiple crews at one time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate paving crew needs with dispatch- Calculate number of trucks required to haul aggregate and/or concrete according to capacity of vehicles, traffic conditions, distance from work site and productivity of drivers.
- Communicate needs to plant.
- Work with crews, inspectors, and subcontractors to complete projects.
- Work With crews to produce quality concrete product within specifications.
- Coach employees.
- Communicate needed information to employees.
- Assist new employees.
- Approve and submit work hours for crew and pertinent job information as needed.
- Tour work site to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules and to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Directs work crews engaged in operation of vehicles and machines.
- Supervise concrete paving crews
-Competitive Salary with option of Year round or Seasonal schedule.
-Must be comfortable with consistent travel. Travel and lodging expenses will be covered by company.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
A Concrete Finisher is a person with the skill and experience necessary to perform a variety of construction activities relating to the layout, preparation, placement, and finishing of concrete. This position is expected to perform all aspects of concrete work with minimal direction from a crew foreman.
Work relating to the layout, site preparation, placement, and finishing of concrete on a variety of military/government/commercial type construction projects. While not inclusive, the following are some of the typical tasks expected of this position:
- Ground preparation and setting forms to required pitch and depth;
- Cutting/bending/setting reinforcement;
- Spread, level and smooth concrete using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float;
- Mold expansion joints and edges using edging tools, jointers and straightedge;
- Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods and place rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill;
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Must be able work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, bend, and squat as required for various duties.
- Must adhere to safety requirements as outline in the Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and assist co-workers and supervisors with other duties as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have good work ethic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screens.
- Mandatory Overtime – Average Workweek 55hrs
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!