Concrete Pipe Making Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Concrete Pipe Machine Operator - Newnan, GA
Concrete Pipe Machine Operator - Newnan, GA Location: Newnan, GA, US, 30265 Company: Oldcastle Precast Job ID: 126771 Non-Exempt Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways. Job Description Summary Retrieves, inspects, and prepares product to customer supplied specifications. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following;
Operates press, inspects and prepares parts for shipment per operator instructions
Maintains records of production and quality issues as specified
Notifies supervisor of non-conforming product or problems with machine, materials, etc.
Communicates production issues with the next press operator, and grinds parts/scrap as needed
Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements
Performs routine machine maintenance
Basic understanding of electronics and programmable controllers
Know the basics of hydraulics, electricity, and tools
Assist other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed Required Skills
High school diploma/equivalent or at least 1 month of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel)
Ability to be certified for both Forklift and Crane within 6 months of employment Preferred Skills
Concrete pipe and/or block/brick machine manufacturing experience is a plus Physical Environment Lifting may be required with assistance provided if needed What Oldcastle Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
Group retirement savings program
Health and wellness programs About Oldcastle Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise. Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family! Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn! Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link. Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network. Nearest Major Market:NewnanJob Segment:Hydraulics, Construction, Chemical Engineer, Temporary, Equipment Operator, Engineering, Contract, Manufacturing Apply now »
Bag Making Machine Operator
Job Description Starting at $14.27/hr with $.45 shift differential The Bag Making Machine Operator is responsible for operating Machines which convert printed and unprinted semi-finished film into bags according to customer specifications. Operate bag machine equipment in a safe manner.
While performing all job duties, safe work practices must be maintained at all times. Wear all required PPE. Inspect bags for defects and quality issues.
Fold cartons, load rolls of film, change rolls of tape, and setup orders on machine. Operate a hoist/use the strap in safe manner Maintain product quality and standards, send bag samples when required. Record all measurements on production paperwork and test results on tester paperwork.
Perform clearance work on tagged cartons. Notify area supervision when machine is down for 15 minutes or more due to mechanical and/or quality issues. Report all unsafe operating conditions on the bag machine, or tester, to the Finishing Area Supervisor.
Understand and follow all JSA-s, and Product Safety guidelines. Understand and follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Understand and maintain Global Food Safety Initiatives (GFSIs) Understand and follow cleaning schedules, (including vacuuming, sweeping, and cleaning hot water tanks) keep work area neat and clean. Relieve other machines for breaks and meetings.
May have to run 2 machines depending on production needs. On occasion, job duties other than those specifically listed above will be assigned
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment. We are in need of a dedicated mechanic to keep all equipment SAFE and Fully Functional.
Concrete Finishing Machine Operator
- Setting up the paver at variable widths
- Working with the concrete crew to ensure proper concrete placement
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Train and assist others on the proper procedures for operating equipment
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site foremen, supervisors and fellow employees
- Must be able to work eight (8) to ten (10) hours per day, performing work outdoors in all types of weather, including extreme heat
- Must be available to work nights and weekends
- Job requires standing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, squatting and walking.
- Maintain constant awareness of the jobsite’s various concurrent activities, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Must be available to travel throughout the state of Florida, as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Founded in 1983 in Palmetto, Florida, Prince began as a five employee privately-held company that specialized as an earthmoving and grading contractor. Over the years, Prince gradually added more employees and disciplines of civil construction to its capabilities. With ample skilled personnel, Prince is now capable of performing all the critical items of work on civil construction and transportation projects.
primary focus is on transportation and infrastructure development for state and municipal authorities across Florida and the Southeast. Bid-Build and Design-Build roadway projects are Prince core market because our crews can perform the Clearing, Earthmoving, Drainage, Utility, Road Base, Bridge, and Concrete work.
Production Manager - Precast Concrete Pipe
|Position Title Production Manager|
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. 10 + years of experience in precast concrete production.
2. 2+ years of supervisory experience in precast concrete production.
Concrete Pipe Manufacturing - General Labor
Job Description: s: Job Description Position Summary Includes but not limited to:
Stripping and cleaning concrete forms, shovels, and equipment
Form setup, pouring concrete, finishing
Ability to read shop drawings
Cut, bend, place, and tie steel rebar
Prepare steel molds for filling with concrete
Disassemble steel molds and remove hardened products following day
Use slide hammer to knock rings out of product (outside environmental conditions)
Stencil product in the kiln. Clean out holes and etch pipe
Bag pipe in the kiln
Assist co-workers with cleaning plant and equipment We are an Equal Opportunity Employer Required Experience: Required Experience: Qualifications (Education/Experience) and Required Skills
Knowledge of basic tools and their uses
Must have wet cast experience (is a plus but not a requirement) * Understand and apply basic mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, division, & multiplication) * Good attendance and positive attitude a must
Ability and willingness to learn and be trained
Some construction experience preferred
Able to speak and comprehend basic English; Bilingual a plus
Good attendance and positive attitude
Knowledge of basic measurements and how to read a tape measure
Ability to Problem Solve
Forklift experience Keyword: Concrete Pipe Manufacturing - Labor From: The Concrete Company (Foley Products)
Production Manager - Precast Concrete Pipe - AL #3633
Position Title Production Manager
Precast Concrete Pipe
Location Birmingham Alabama Area
Company looking for a production manager with precast concrete experience. Incumbent will manage day to day plant production and ensure that all products are produced to quality standards.
Requires 10 or more years of experience in precast concrete production including supervisory experience.
The Production Manager will assist Leads with employee and production issues.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1.10 + years of experience in precast concrete production.
2.2+ years of supervisory experience in precast concrete production.
Paving & Concrete Jobs - Machine Operators, Pavers, Concrete Masons
East Coast Paving and Site Development is seeking paving and site work team members to join its team.
The ideal candidates would have prior experience working on a paving/site work and/or concrete masonry and utility work. We are looking for hardworking, driven individuals to join our fast-growing company.
Excellent pay and benefits available. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Concrete Superintendent For Curb Machine Operations
We activity seeking a Concrete Superintendent For Curb Machine Operations to become a part of our team! You will perform necessary work to keep machines, mechanical equipment, and structure of an establishment in repair.
- Job Costing
- Job Scheduling
- Organizing and Scheduling Crews
- Oversee Equipment Maintenance
- Ordering Materials
- Previous experience in Concrete Operations
- Excellent Time Keeping and Job Management Skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Curb Machine or Heavy Equipment Experience
- Good Communication/Coordination with Clients and Workers
- Gomaco Curb Machine Experience is a plus
- Problem Solving
- Positive Can Do Attitude
Heavy Equipment Operator – Pipe Crew
The ideal Heavy Equipment Operator candidate will have experience in the seat of Large Excavators, Loaders, Backhoes, Dozers, and Bobcats in order to perform various construction tasks. The candidate must be familiar with tasks ranging from water, sewer, storm system installation, and heavy earthwork, etc.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensures trench is excavated to the proper depth/grade with proper safety sloping or protection.
- Avoid potential hazards and obstructions such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and falling objects
- Responsible for placement of water, storm & sanitary sewer pipe in the excavation.
- Become familiar with digging plans, machine capabilities and limitations, and with efficient and safe digging procedures in a given application.
- Observe hand signals, grade stakes, or other markings when operating machines so that work can be performed to specifications.
· Safely operates machines, performs minor maintenance and up-keep of equipment
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Other duties as assigned.
· 5+ years’ operating heavy equipment
· Related work experience with trench work and installation of utilities such as storm drains, sewer mains etc.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
· Requires extensive physical ability
· Able to work Monday - Saturday
401(k) with Employee Stock Options, Health Insurance (50% Premium PAID by Employer)
Dental, Vision, Life
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!