Concrete Stone Finisher Job Description Sample
Company Information: W. Gohman Construction Co. is among the area’s leading full service general contractors that self performs many services including all aspects of concrete construction, stone masonry, equipment installation/relocation, millwright, framing, drywall, carpentry, doors/hardware and light demolition.
Founded in 1950, our business is based on our core values of teamwork, integrity and commitment. W. Gohman Construction Co. has earned the reputation of being a professional and reliable construction company and is looking for a competent, reliable and hardworking Concrete Finisher to join our team.
Our Concrete Finishers perform a wide variety of tasks related to forming, pouring and finishing concrete material(s) using the proper power or hand tools in both commercial and residential applications. Job Duties: • Site Preparation and setup. • Grading • Form work • Pouring concrete • Flat work and finishing • Footings and foundations of both commercial and residential structures.
• High School or G.E.D. • Valid Driver’s License • Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of Commercial or Residential concrete or related industry experience.
Pay and Benefits: We offer a competitive wage based on experience. Benefits available include Health Insurance, HSA Funding, Paid Time Off and 401K Retirement Plan.
Company Name: Colorado Hardscapes
Position Title: Concrete Finisher
DOE, Typically $22-$27/hr + Health Benefits, 6 paid Holidays, Short Term and Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
Working Conditions, Physical Effort, Tools/Machines Used: Position requires physical labor outside in both cold and hot temperatures. Position includes various concrete-related tools.
Statement of purpose and need for this position: This position is responsible for completing concrete-related work in a timely matter.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Smooths and finishes surfaces of poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks, or curbs to specified textures using floats, trowels, and screeds.
- May need to apply coloring powder on concrete to produce prescribed finish.
- Finishes concrete surfaces using power trowel, or hand tools (stamping tools), wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish.
- May produce rough concrete surface, using broom or other tools. Removes rough or defection spots from concrete surfaces.
- Does breakout, cleaning, and removal of concrete using hands, shovels and mechanical equipment.
- Participates in daily huddle and weekly safety meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Skills to convey ideas, facts, technical information, options, opinions, or perceptions accurately.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately. Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to bend, stoop and/or squat.
- Must be able to lift, pull, push, and exert up to 100 pounds frequently in many various positions.
- Must be able to work outdoors in wet and cold (below freezing) weather, as well as hot weather experienced during the summer months.
- Must provide the following hand tools: hammer, measuring tape, rubber boots, and gloves.
- Ability to pass strict drug testing done by hair test .
- Employee will be eligible for health insurance and dental insurance the first month after 60 days of full-time employment.
- Eligible for FSA Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Flexible Spending the first month after 60 days of full-time employment.
- Eligible to enroll in 401k after 1 year of full-time employment.
- Company-provided life and short-term disability insurance the first month after 60 days of full-time employment.
- 6 paid holidays per year.
Colorado Hardscapes is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Colorado Hardscapes does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Interested in learning more?
If interested in learning more about the company, please see our website http://www.coloradohardscapes.com/. We are committed to making Colorado a beautiful place to live.
Job Type: Full-time
Wage: $22.00 to $27.00 /hour
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- Do you have a Driver's License?
Check out our website!!! www.coloradohardscapes.com
Concrete Finishers needed for Immediate Openings in Kansas City Metro
We have an immediate need for experienced Concrete Finishers in the Kansas City Metro area. The right candidates will be dependable, and have a good work ethic.
- Kansas City, MO
Requirements of Concrete Finishers
- Minimum 2 years' construction experience
- Prior experience with finishing concrete is a must
- Prior experience building concrete staircases
- Experienced at leveling, setting forms, and finishing
- Valid Driver License and Reliable Transportation
- Must have basic tools to form, prep and puddle concrete
- PPE gear (hard hat, work boots, vest, etc.)
Compensation for Concrete Finishers
- $18-$25 per hour DOE
- Paid Weekly
- Direct Deposit or Global cash card
Benefits Available for Concrete Finishers
- Health, Dental, &Vision Plans available
- 401K w/ company match
- Paid Vacation
- BONUS Program!
EOE, Drug-Free Workplace
Proud member of Associated Builders and Contractors
For immediate consideration of the concrete finisher position please contact Kelsey at 330.247.3308
Job Description: STONE FINISHER As a high-end custom stone fabricator, we are looking for talented self-starters to join our team.
Teamwork is a critical element of our production. All of our staff is capable of doing many tasks related to the fabrication of all types of natural stone. Flexibility is key.
We are willing to train in each area, but you must be willing to learn. If you can t stand change and want to turn your brain off when you come to work, don t apply here. As a team member, you will work together with a group of individuals committed to getting the job done in the most efficient way using the resources available.
Polishing edges on marble or granite, sanding and finishing limestone or sandstone for cornice work or band courses, or helping produce the finest cut stone fireplace surround available are all part of the job. You must be capable of operating assorted hand tools, learning to operate sophisticated machinery, and lifting pieces by hand of up to 100 pounds. Safety is a primary consideration here.
You will be provided with rain gear, a dust control respirator and safety goggles. You will be expected to wear them when required. We do not tolerate drugs or alcohol, and have a random testing program in effect.
The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position. Must be able to read tape measure. To apply for position, you must click on I m interested on the 1st page and the 2nd page to place your name on the employer s contact referral list.
REMEMBER: Click Interested TWICE! THANK YOU! REMINDER: Let the Tyler Workforce Center know immediately if you are hired by calling 903-561-8131 extension 5316 and leave a message.
HOW TO APPLY!! If interested in applying for this job, click "I'm INTERESTED" then continue to next page and click "I m INTERESTED a second time. After doing so follow job posting contact information to complete process. REMINDER: Let the Tyler Workforce Center know immediately if you are hired by calling 903-561-8131 extension 5316 and leave a message.
· Concrete finishers smooth’s and finishes surfaces of poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks, or curbs to specified textures, using hand tools or power tools, including floats, trowels, and screeds.
· May signal concrete deliverer to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete.
· Moves discharge chute of truck to direct concrete into forms.
· Spreads concrete into inaccessible sections of forms, using rake or shovel.
· Levels concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, using hand held screed and floats to bring water to surface and produce soft topping.
· Smooths, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete, using straightedge and float or power screed.
· Finishes concrete surfaces, using power trowel, or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish.
· Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, using power grinder or chisel and hammer, and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
· Molds expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
· May produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
· May mix cement, using hoe or concrete mixing machine. May assist in subgrade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Operate electrical/air-powered hand tools within manufacturer’s regulation guidelines.
· Provide personal hand tools.
· Operate hand tools within manufacturer’s regulation guidelines.
· Maintain all hand tools in clean condition.
· Notify Superintendent/Foreman of electrical/air-powered operability issues.
· Perform all additional duties that may be assigned.
Southgate - Concrete Finisher
Oct 24, 2017
Irving, TX, US
Company: Kiewit Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada and Australia.
Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2015 revenues of $9 billion and employs more than 22,000 staff and craft employees.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: • Spreads concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, using float to bring water to surface and produce soft topping. • Levels, smoothes, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete, using straight edge and float or power screed. • Finishes concrete surfaces, using power trowel, or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish. • Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, using power grinder or chisel and hammer and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound. • Molds expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straight edge. • May produce rough concrete surface, using broom to produce prescribed finish. • May mix cement, using hoe or concrete-mixing machine. • May direct sub-grade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms. • May specialize in walls, steps, slabs and vertical or elevated structures.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: • Spreads concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, using float to bring water to surface and produce soft topping. • Levels, smoothes, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete, using straight edge and float or power screed. • Finishes concrete surfaces, using power trowel, or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish. • Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, using power grinder or chisel and hammer and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound. • Molds expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straight edge. • May produce rough concrete surface, using broom to produce prescribed finish. • May mix cement, using hoe or concrete-mixing machine. • May direct sub-grade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms. • May specialize in walls, steps, slabs and vertical or elevated structures. Perform other duties as necessary and directed by supervisor.
Must be able to illustrate journeyman level knowledge on selecting, mixing, pouring, and finishing concrete.
Have knowledge on materials, tools, and processes involved with basic building techniques and form construction. Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering
McDermott Concrete is seeking a Concrete finisher. Must have 2 years of experience, valid driveris license, great work ethics and knowledge in:iSet the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them. iCheck the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed. iSpread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float. iMonitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process. iDirect the casting of the concrete and supervise laborers who use shovels or special tools to spread it. iProduce rough concrete surface, using broom. iMold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straight-edge. iClean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven. iSignal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete, and move chute to direct concrete on forms. iApply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or restore surface. iOperate power vibrator to compact concrete. iChip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools. iCut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill. iWaterproof or restore concrete surfaces, using appropriate compounds. iWet concrete surface, and rub with stone to smooth surface and obtain specified finish. iWet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel. iFabricate concrete beams, columns, and panels. iInstall anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete or pattern or stamp the surface to provide a decorative finish. iPush roller over surface to embed chips in surface. iBuild wooden molds, and clamp molds around area to be repaired, using hand tools. iPolish surface, using polishing or surfacing machine. iApply muriatic acid to clean surface, and rinse with water. iMix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing machine. Position starts immediately, salary based on experience.
Company Overview: Barnhill Contracting Company’s success is built on the values, principles and vision of the man – Robert E. Barnhill, Sr. – whose name we proudly bear. Robert Barnhill built this company on a foundational belief that there is power in people. He was a motivator. A hard worker. A leader of leaders. His passion for people and his firm belief in the Golden Rule – treating others as you want to be treated – still drive us today. We are firm, flexible and honest. We do the right thing, every single time. We empower our leaders in the field to be decision makers. We are easy to work with – a core philosophy that is both intentional and deliberate. One that requires discipline. Grit. All of these qualities, along with our founder’s vision, have helped grow Barnhill Contracting Company into one of the Southeast’s leading contractors. Our success is built from the dedicated service of each and every one of our employees. Construction is hard work – long hours and immense pressure to meet critical deadlines – and we are proud to employ the most talented group of people in the industry. When you join the Barnhill team, you become part of the Barnhill Family.
An experienced concrete finisher or tradesman who works with concrete by placing, finishing, protecting and repairing concrete on construction projects. Responsible for setting the concrete forms, ensuring they have the correct depth and pitch. Pours the concrete either directly from the concrete truck chute, concrete pump, concrete or wheelbarrow. Works to pour the concrete in place by using shovels and rakes and at times uses a straightedge back and forth across the top of the forms to “screed,” or level, the freshly placed concrete. After leveling the concrete, they smooth the surface using either a hand trowel, a long handed “bull float” or powered floats. After the concrete has been leveled and floated, concrete finishers press an edger between the forms and the concrete to chamber the edges so that they are less likely to chip. Broom and stamp finishes are a couple of different finished products for outdoor concrete after the trowel-finish is complete. The broom finish is used to prevent slipping on the concrete, and the stamp finish is used for looks. Must have a knowledge of how to build and finish a head on curb and gutter sections. Will work behind a concrete power curb machine frequently to obtain a finish product to meet NCDOT, Military and private sector specifications.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Performs various unskilled task which are associated with concrete and grading operations. This includes but not limited shoveling concrete, stone or dirt
Uses various tools such as shovel, rake, bull float, broom, pick, hammer, saw, pneumatic hammer or drill, tamp, concrete saw. Minimum Qualifications & Training:
Experience/3 years minimum
Encourage a valid NC Driver License.
Willingness to learn multiple tasks of the concrete operation.
Ability to abide by precise instructions.
Ability to abide by strict but necessary safety rules and policies.
Must be a reliable and trust worthy individual that will be a team player.
Maintain a good attendance and safety record. Tasks Essential to Job Functions:
This job requires the following motions: standing, walking, stretching, bending, lifting, pulling, twisting, throwing, reaching and squatting.
Required regular lifting of 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Walking and standing may require a full day of 12 to 15 hours.
Will be exposed to sometimes extreme hot and cold temperatures
Job required riding to and from work. If the driving of company vehicle is required then the guidelines of the company driver qualification standards must be met. What We Offer:
Choice of Health Insurance options (BCBSNC)
Short Term Disability Insurance
Paid Time Off + 401(k)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Corporate Chaplains of America
General Info Minimum Years of Experience Required: 1 Year Company Info Now Accepting Applications We are currently accepting applications for experienced Cement Masons/Finishers to join our team of concrete professionals. If you are interested in an opportunity, please click the "Apply Now" button to submit your resume. About Us We are a family owned and operated 3rd generation Concrete & Asphalt company that services both the Iowa and Kansas regions. We are proud of the level of craftsmanship that our team provides on all of our projects. We have earned an reputation with all of our clients for providing only the best that the industry has to offer, thus making our business a successful endeavor for the last 47-years. Job Description Job Description/Duties:
Experience smoothing and finishing surfaces of poured concrete, such as roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools
Able to align forms for roads, curbs, or patch voids
Ability to use saws to cut expansion joints
Experience spreading concrete into inaccessible sections of forms, using rake or shovel
Levels concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, using hand held screen and floats to bring water to surface and produce soft topping.
Smoothes, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete, using straightedge and float or power screen.
Finishes concrete surfaces, using power trowel, or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish.
Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
Produce rough concrete surface, using broom.
Direct sub-grade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms.
Break up and repair old concrete surfaces, using pneumatic tools
Willingness to help with other tasks needed to complete highway patching This is an excellent opportunity for the right individuals. We are seeking candidates that have at least 1-year of experience, and that are seeking long-term employment. If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the "Apply Now" button to submit your resume for immediate consideration. Benefits Medical Insurance Retirement Beneift per diem
Concrete Finisher And Form Carpenter
General Contractor in Hagerstown, MD is currently hiring for a Concrete Form, Place and Finisher.
- Must have valid driver's license, pass pre-employment drug screen and physical. Must be U.S. Citizen and pass security background check.
- Ability to build concrete forms.
- Must adhere to Safety Program and be constantly aware of the current safety regulations on the job site and adhere to all as directed by Superintendent.
- Ability to spread concrete into inaccessible sections of forms with rake or shovel. Level concrete to specified depth and workable consistency with hand held screed and floats to bring water to surface.
- Finishes concrete surfaces or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish.
- Removes rough or defection spots from concrete surfaces, patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
- Place expansion joints, construction and control joints.
- Produces rough concrete surface with a broom.
- Directs subgrade work, mixing of concrete and setting of forms.
- Breaks up and repairs old concrete surfaces
Excellent benefit package including insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!