Contact Acid Plant Operator Helper Job Description Sample
Plant Maintenance Helper
A well-established Arlington company is currently looking for Plant Maintenance Helper to join their core team! They are looking for someone who has worked in factories to know about overhead cranes and forklifts.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, performing maintenance services in the areas of plumbing, electrical, welding, construction, painting and/or machine servicing. Electrical wiring, crane/hoist service and forklift maintenance is a major asset.
1. Diagnoses mechanical problems and determines how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals and part catalogs when necessary.
2. Diagnoses forklift and crane/hoist issues and determines how to correct them quickly and efficiently.
3. Operates cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
4. Repairs, replaces and reassembles defective equipment parts using hand and power tools.
5. Orders parts, supplies and equipment from catalogs and suppliers.
6. Performs routine preventive maintenance on equipment and buildings.
1. Must have knowledge on preventative maintenance on forklift and heavy machinery.
2. Must have 6 months experience.
3. Must have knowledge in repairing air pumps and hydraulic presses.
4. Demonstrated skill in resolving issues quickly and efficiently.
5. Ability to operate a forklift (prior certification required).
6. Have basic computer skills.
7. Have great communication skills (written and oral).
8. Must be able to multi task and work in a production environment.
9. Safety conscious behavior.
10. Excellent attendance.
11. Team player.
1. Lift, carry, push and or pull 50lbs occasionally.
2. Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
3. Sit, stand, walk and drive for 1 – 10 hours per day.
4. Ability to work in all weather conditions.
5. Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, steel-toed shoes and other appropriate protective driving gear
Hours: Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm (subject to change)
Pay Rate: $17.00-$25.00/hr DOE
Don’t miss out!! Apply today! We are open Monday - Friday 7:00am-5:00pm.
Four Ways to Apply: (Choose one)
*Resume emailed to Stacey.Snodgrass@ExpressPros.com
*Complete an online application on our website https://apply.expresspros.com/account/login
*Call our office at 425.339.8400
*Visit our office at 906 SE Everett Mall Way Suite 140, Everett, WA 98208
~Same building as Altierus Career College, formerly known as Everest College~
Ask how you can earn a $50.00 bonus!
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you'll never pay a fee for our services and support. Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals, including Administrative, Commercial and Professional positions. In 2015 we put over 2500 people to work in the Snohomish County, Washington area. Let us help you today! Come meet our staff! We would love to sit down with you to help you determine your next career opportunity!
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates
*Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
*401(K) Retirement Savings Plan
We look forward to partnering with you today!
Have Facebook or Instagram? Follow us today!
Facebook: Express Employment Professionals-Everett
Concrete Batch Plant Helper
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: West Division - operating primarily in Colorado and surrounding states
Minimum Years of Experience: 1 Year/Will Train
Willing to Travel
Specialty: Commercial, Industrial Must be Eligible to Work in the US Company Info IHC is a nationally known, full-service heavy-civil contractor, specializing in building highways, airfields, streets and local roads, parking lots, industrial pavements, and water resource projects. In business for 60 years, IHC’s primary market areas include the Rocky Mountain, Midwest, and Southwest regions of the United States. A leader in concrete paving innovation and quality, IHC currently ranks in the Top 400 ENR Contractors and employs 350 employees annually. Job Description Primarily responsible for the cleaning, upkeep and maintenance of the Concrete Batch Plant. Will work cooperatively with the placement operations in the production of high quality concrete at the times and volumes required by the placement crews. Must be hardworking and dependable. Mechanical background is a plus. This is an entry level position and will lead to additional responsibilities for the right individual. Ability to operator equipment and/or previous experience around concrete plants is a plus. Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations and work independently to perform tasks safely and on time. Perform other duties as assigned. Incumbent must be able and willing to work on remote projects in Colorado and neighboring states; work under very rigorous conditions – long hours and 6 to 7 days a week at times. Good communication skills are required and an ability to focus on tasks at hand, be a self-motivator, and to work well with others. Base hourly wage and Davis Bacon classification/hourly wage will be established and/or negotiated commensurate with specific experience and qualifications. Applicant must be at least 18 years old. This is outside work in all types of environments, weather conditions, and all seasons. Due to the nature of the position, regular and timely attendance is essential and must conform to the company's hours of operation. Construction background required, prefer paving or heavy/highway construction experience. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
Valid ID, background check, and drug screening are required for all applicants.
EOE Benefits A comprehensive benefits package is provided to meet the needs of our employees at an affordable cost. IHC pays the entire cost for some benefits and others require employee cost-sharing.
Dental (Class I & II)
Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D
Hourly Travel Incentive plans
Retirement Plan Contribution
Employee Assistance Plan
Employee Recognition plans (based on years of service)
Company Vehicle Plans
Relocation (for select positions)
Follow all Hoeganaes safety policies and procedures.
Perform manual tasks, such as loading/unloading materials, crating/uncrating materials, breaking up caked/frozen materials, lifting brick or equipment, piling/stocking supplies and materials, digging out pits, etc.
Mail pickup and deliveries and expedited material.
Perform general clean-up duties in and around plant facilities and equipment, including waste disposal, occasionally cuts grass, police grounds, shovel snow, etc.
Operate fork truck to transport materials and equipment.
Assist operators and repairmen in processing repair activities as requested.
Assist in operating, packaging, blending, and screening equipment as requested.
Maintain a safe, clean, work environment at all times.
Normally assigned on temporary basis to various job classifications for absences, vacations, and leaves of absence.
Perform all tasks requested by the Supervisor and/or other management personnel.
Good communication skills written and verbal
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Experience, Background, and Education):
A combination of formal education, training, and experience to acquire knowledge and skills generally equivalent to those possessed by a high school graduate is required.
Ability to operate a forklift and pass required Company training.
1-3 years of previous experience in an industrial or construction setting is preferred.
Ability to work overtime on short notice is required.
This position description is not intended to be a detailed list of job functions or responsibilities. It outlines the essential functions of the job. An individual may be required to perform other duties from time to time. The company reserves the right to amend, change or delete the contents of this description.
We believe in respecting the rights of others. We will create a working environment where the abilities, differences and achievements of different groups are valued: an inclusive workplace. We want GKN to be a great place to work, where no employee is discriminated against, bullied or harassed.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and componentsfor most of the worlds leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers.We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Sinter Metals is the worlds leading supplier of metal powder precision components. Our global production and sales network employs approximately 6,000 associates in more than 30 facilities on five continents. With a history dating back to the 1930s, today we have production sites in Germany, Italy, South Africa, India, China, Brazil, Canada and the USA.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Maintenance Helper (Ice Plant - Hvac)
Primary Purpose: Stocking of Ice Plant Basic Requirements Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must have a valid driver's license and be able to obtain a SEA driver's license with the ability to operate a fork lift and stake bed truck. Must be able to frequently lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds Must be comfortable working varying heights to complete assigned tasks.
Must be able to multitask while maintaining a positive attitude to ensure excellent guest service.
Must be able to stand, walk and work for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather conditions, to include temperatures varying from 28° F - 33°F Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, weekends, evenings, nights and holidays. Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations Must be willing to comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines Basic Duties and
Bags, stocks and delivers ice in ice plant and throughout park during operating hours. Assist HVAC Shop with changing filters, cleaning equipment, fire watch, repair jobs, cooling tower maintenance and service.
Maintains and services bagging equipment and ice bins. Cleans and maintains work area. Work as part of the technical trades team to increase productivity while providing excellent guest service Consistently practice safe work habits including, but not limited to use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
Maintains a professional appearance that meets SEA grooming standards. Other duties as assigned SDL2017
Postbaccalaureate Fellowship – DNA Enzymes & Nucleic Acid Replication Divisions
New England Biolabs (NEB) invites applications for the position of Postbaccalaureate Fellow. NEB will provide recent college graduates who are planning to attend graduate or professional schools an opportunity to spend one year at NEB performing full-time research.
The goal of this program is to engage undergraduates to consider basic and applied science related careers and providing them the opportunities for competitive science related education and careers. The fellow will work with NEB scientists, and projects will be a part of a research program on mutagenesis and characterization of DNA polymerases. Research will be undertaken in a highly collaborative and academic environment and will offer motivated and talented students an opportunity to confirm their interest in basic and applied research.
Fellows will also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of scientific activities: Group meetings to discuss research Research seminars, science talks Receive exposure to the upcoming trends in science and technology Primary
Execute a variety of molecular biology techniques including: protein purification, PCR, gene cloning and enzyme characterization Maintain detailed records of research activities Summarize and communicate research results in a group setting
Candidates must have been granted a Bachelor degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale no more than 3 years before the date of application to the NEB Post-baccalaureate program In addition, candidates must meet one of the following criteria: Have been accepted into graduate/professional school and delayed entrance for up to one year to pursue research Have completed or are pursuing their master’s degree and are applying to doctoral or professional programs
Prior research experience in a lab setting (as part of a course or research program) Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an aptitude for learning Strong scientific curiosity, integrity, creativity and self-motivation Application Procedure:
The application package must contain: A cover letter (limit to 300-500 words) describing your short-term and long-term career goals highlighting prior research experience relevant to the program A resume or curriculum vitae A list of coursework and grades The names and contact information for three references (preference should be given to those who can comment on specific research experience or lab-related courses) New England Biolabs is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Females, Disabled and Protected Veterans
Production Helper (1St And 2Nd Shift) - Haltom Plant
Falcon Steel America Haltom Plant is seeking qualified individuals to fill the Production Helper position.
This position performs the following responsibilities:-Grinding burrs from holes on various parts-Relieving sharp corners by grinding-General cleaning of parts after welding-Loading and unloading trucks-Other production functions as needed
Shift will be Monday-Saturday (10-12 hour shifts)
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
1. Overhead and Jib crane experience
2. Familiar with electric and pneumatic hand tools
3. Ability to understand & follow instructions
1. Maintain good attendance & punctuality
2. Work overtime when required
3. Follow Lead-man directions and instructions
4. Maintain production and quality of finished product
5. Follow all Falcon Steel safety programs/policies
6. Practice good housekeeping (keep area clean/organized)
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents will be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Maximum shop exposure
2. Exposure to extreme temperatures
3. No travel required
Physical Demands Minimal physical exertion.
This position requires long hours of standing, squatting, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting, being near moving equipment, and exposure to change of temperature or humidity, including dust, fumes, or gases. Must be able to lift and push/pull up to 50 lbs.
To apply, visit www.falconsteel.com to complete and submit an application. Falcon Steel America is an equal opportunity employer. Please ensure to identify the Haltom, TX location on your application.
Customer Contact Center Operator
Job Summary The Customer Contact Center Operator is responsible for answering incoming calls from PlainsCapital Bank customers. Greets callers, provides general information, transfers calls and takes messages as necessary.
Responsible for providing a timely and professional experience for customers and accurate call routing. Essential FunctionsAnswers calls in a timely and professional manner; must be able to work swiftly while delivering first-rate customer service.Routes incoming calls to the correct individual or department within the Bank.Assists callers with questions, such as hours of operation, branch locations, branch personnel inquiries, etc.Performs receptionist functions as needed.Performs other duties as assigned.Job Requirements High School diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent required 6 months or more customer service experience in a professional environment required Bilingual with ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish a plus Excellent customer service skills Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate ideas and information in a clear, concise and organized manner Ability to work with interruptions while quickly and efficiently answering and transferring calls Strong typing and computer skills with the ability to operate a multiple line switchboard About the Company At PlainsCapital Bank, we've always had a trailblazing spirit. PlainsCapital Bank was founded in 1988 by current Chairman Alan B.
White and a group of young bankers who dreamed of bringing relationship banking to their hometown of Lubbock, Texas. With the acquisition of Plains National Bank, a Lubbock financial institution with one branch and $198.8 million, they began growing the bank one relationship at a time. Today, PlainsCapital Bank is one of the largest banks in Texas based on deposit market share.
We have a statewide presence with more than 60 locations in all major Texas markets. We are a strong and stable financial institution and a trusted community partner. We take pride in helping our customers blaze trails of their own, whether launching or expanding a business, raising a family, or moving into retirement.
Our diverse range of services includes commercial banking, treasury management, private banking, and wealth management, as well as consumer banking. To learn more, please visit us online at plainscapital.com/about. SDL2017
Utility Plant Engineer Helper
There are many ways to define excellence. For us at The Christ Hospital, it’s all about our patients...And making healthcare what they want it to be.
Our commitment to exceptional outcomes, affordable care and the finest patient experiences is recognized yearly with numerous awards from leading healthcare organizations and publications. At the top of our list of honors are the 17 consecutive years that we’ve been named to U.S. News & World Report’s list of Best Hospitals and being named the Most Preferred Hospital by the Greater Cincinnati community for 21 consecutive years (National Research Corporation). What does this mean for you?
GROWTH- opportunities to learn, develop, and impact. VALUE - a robust employee package that provides you the ability to maintain a healthy work-life balance, competitive compensation, flexible and meaningful benefits, development opportunities so you can be your best self, and a culture of compassion. PRIDE- from all that we have accomplished in our past, and all that we’re positioned for in the future.
CHALLENGE- we are in one of the most competitive markets in the nation, yet continue to rise to the top through our incredible employees and transformational results. We seek individuals motivated by what it takes to be a part of a winning team. Named #24 on Forbes 500 America’s Best Employers for 2017, we are transforming care…inspired by you.
Title: Engineer Helper Shift: Days, and 40 hours per week (7:00A-3:30P) Weekend/Holiday: Every other weekend, every other holiday Job
The Engineer Apprentice Helper, entry-level position, performs general building maintenance tasks and assists the Boiler room Engineers with maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems and equipment, assist with troubleshooting, installation, repair, and maintenance of commercial air conditioning and heating systems. The Engineer Helper may perform the following duties:
Assist Plant Engineer with the boiler and chiller systems, observes equipment to detect malfunctions. Capable of operating the computerized facility monitoring system.
Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on utility systems and equipment. Perform required lubrication on equipment.
Perform water / chemical test, determine proper chemical feed rates
Check equipment, piping and controls for leaks and insulation problems
Performs other repair work as assigned
Maintain logs on computer spread sheets.
Perform other duties as assigned as directed by supervision Education: HS Graduate or GED Required.
Trade school courses required in high pressure boilers a plus. Experience: 1-3 years of general maintenance experience a plus and commitment to performing high quality work willingness to work flexible hours, valid Driver’s License Other
Ability to follow instructions, have mechanical ability to utilize tools, knowledge of computer spreadsheets, ability to trouble shoot mechanical problems.
Licenses & Certifications: Need to obtain High Pressure Boiler Operator License for the State of Ohio, required within 12 months from hire. Call
Utility Plant Operator
The Metro Boston Area is looking for a experienced and motivated Utility Plant Operator. Detailed summary of job function . Incumbent operates, maintains and repairs boilers, heating hot water and chilled water systems; operates electronic controls for heating and air conditioning systems; monitor general mechanical and/or electrical repairs on power distribution, heating hot water, chilled water, gas, domestic and de-ionized water, signal, fire alarm, security, remote building equipment monitoring, sanitary, acid waste and storm drain systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Operates, maintains and repairs heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems, including heating hot water systems, chilled water recirculating pumps, chilled water condenser pumps, air compressors, air-supply and recirculating fans, electric heating coils, electric cabinet unit heaters, electric baseboard radiation units, pedestal electric baseboard heating units, cooling coils and chilled water BTU meters, water treatment systems, generators and refrigeration compressors. 2) Operates a high voltage power distribution system including switches on generating equipment; operates, maintains and repairs generators and related equipment. 3) Operates and maintains sewerage and drainage system and treatment systems, including pressurized main drain system and associated equipment. 4) Inspects machinery; reads meters and gauges; performs tests on chilled water, heating hot water to maintain compliance and quality of water; starts and stops equipment and machinery according to schedules. 5) Operates, maintains and repairs piping systems such as those for boiler feed water, condensate and heat transfer systems. 6) Maintains operating logs, records and reports on all equipment; draws stock and materials for maintenance and repairs; measures and reports fuel levels to appropriate personnel. 7) Implements the lubrication schedule for heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment and auxiliary equipment. 8) May be asked to help in the upkeep and maintenance of the grounds, including lawns, shrubbery, walks and driveways, snow removal and refuse disposal when so assigned. 9) Assist in other trade duties as needed or required to complete assigned projects.
1. Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques used in the operation of a power plant. 2. Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of large heating systems. 3.
Knowledge of the types and uses of electronic control systems. 4. Knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of control systems. 5. Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of outside electrical systems such as underground cables, transformer subsystems and vaults and sub transmission lines. 6.
Knowledge of the operating characteristics of electrical generating systems. 7. Knowledge of the types and uses of industrial type heating systems. 8. Knowledge of the principles of pneumatics and direct digital control as applied to heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems. 9.
Knowledge of the types and usages of pneumatic and direct digital control (DDC) used in power plant operations. 10. Knowledge of calibration and/or adjustment techniques as applied to control systems. 11. Knowledge of the fundamentals of electrical practice. 12.
Knowledge of the types and uses of precision measuring equipment used in a power plan such as manometers, voltmeters, anemometers, tachometers, etc. 13. Knowledge of the types and uses of pumps used in water and fuel systems. 14. Knowledge of the methods and techniques of pipefitting. 15.
Knowledge of the types, uses and principles of operation of industrial ventilation systems. 16. Knowledge of the principles of operation of internal combustion engines. 17. Knowledge of the types and uses of chemicals used in water treatment 18.
Knowledge of the safety practices and procedures followed in power plants. 19. Knowledge of the types and uses of high and low pressure boilers. 20. Knowledge of the types and uses of steam plan auxiliary equipment, such as throttle valves, superheaters, back-pressure valves, feed-water regulators, etc. 21.
Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques used in firing and operating condensate handling systems, low pressure boilers and their auxiliary equipment. 22. Knowledge of the methods of general report writing. 23. Knowledge of the proper methods for storing and handling fuels. 24.
Skill in using hand power tools such as drills, electric saws, etc. 25. Skill in using small hand tools such as wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, hacksaws and pipethreaders. 26. Ability to follow written and oral instructions 27.
Ability to lift heavy objects. 28. Ability to deal tactfully with others. 29. Ability to adjust to changing situations to meet emergency or changing program or production requirements. 30.
Ability to understand and apply the laws, rules and regulations governing assigned unit activities. 31. Ability to explain the procedures, guidelines, policies etc. governing assigned unit activities. 32. Ability to use tools and equipment required for maintaining and repairing power plant and utility distribution systems. 33.
Ability to do routine electrical and mechanical repair work. 34. Ability to read gauges, adjust equipment and observe the operation of machinery. 35. Ability to read and interpret building plans and control and wiring schematics. 36.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as plans, specifications, blueprints, drawings, technical manuals, etc. 37. Ability to maintain accurate records. 38. Ability to communicate effectively in writing. 39.
Ability to communicate effectively in oral expression. 40. Ability to perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) 41. Ability to distinguish colors 42. Ability to give oral instructions in a precise, understandable manner. *Schedule:
Monday to Friday: 8:00am-4:30pm
Saturday and Sunday Preferred Qualification: Given the population served, bilingual or multilingual fluency.
Mission Statement: The Department of Mental Health, as the State Mental Health Authority, assures and provides access to services and supports to meets the mental health needs of individuals of all ages, enabling them to live, work, and participate in their communities. The Department establishes standards to ensure the effective and culturally competent care to promote recovery.
The Department sets policy, promotes self-determination, protects human rights and supports mental health training and research. This critical mission is accomplished by working in partnership with other state agencies, individuals, families, providers and communities. Pre-Offer Process: A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visithttp://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori 1.
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines. 2. Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website. For assistance please contact Health Human Resources at 617-626-9255 First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days for union affiliated job titles.
Applicants must have at least two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in the operation and/or maintenance of an electric generating station, water pumping station or sewage treatment station. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job:Equipment, Facilities & Services
Organization:Department of Mental Health
Title:Utility Plant Operator
Location:Massachusetts-Boston-85 East Newton Street
Boiler Plant Operator
Posted Date 9/1/2017
An established Prime Federal Contractor is seeking skilled trades talent for ongoing support of its Client, NAVFAC Washington, at various locations. The following position is one of many assignments for this Client.
Boiler Plant Operator - Bethesda
This assignment may require a Secret Clearance. Preferred candidates will either have an active Secret Clearance, or can readily obtain one.
Boiler Plant Operator:
- Operates all equipment in a boiler plant to produce and control the amount of steam necessary to meet demands. These demands are significantly affected by the large amounts of steam or high pressure temperature water provide by the boiler plant. Ignites fires, puts boilers in service, and closes down boilers.
- Periodically makes rounds of the plant to visually check equipment to see that is operating properly. Maintains constant observation of flow meters and charts to determine how much steam is being produced, whether it is meeting or exceeding demands, how much fuel is being used, etc. Fires up to take boilers off the line. Determines whether to up or lower fires in boilers, whether to use pressure reducing valves, whether water pumps should be started or stopped and for how long. Adjusts firing controls, fuel feeds, and air drafts for best combustion efficiency.
- Operates numerous auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, water heaters, fans, and de-aerating equipment.
- Collects samples of boiler water, performs prescribed tests, and determines amount of chemicals to be fed into boilers for treatment of water and control of corrosion and chemical concentrations.
- Maintains constant observation for defects in the system. In the event problems arise, either repairs malfunctions or notifies the supervisor. Follows standard emergency procedures until trouble can be corrected.
- Maintains logs, records, and other plant data as required.
- Performs routine operational maintenance, e.g., cleans burners, oils and grease moving parts, packs valves and pumps, cleans oil strainers, etc. May be required to locate and repair limited electrical problems in oil burning controls, safety devices, etc. Operates various types of air conditioning and cooling systems. Starts stops and adjusts equipment. Regulates refrigerant, water temperatures and pressures by manipulating appropriate switches, rheostats, valves and levers.
- Tours the plant making minor repairs, oiling and greasing equipment, thawing frozen valves, replacing fuses and defective recording devices. Maintains log of plant equipment and keeps all machinery and spaces clean.
All information for work orders, assets, specifications, and condition assessments is captured in the NAVFAC’s MAXIMO - therefore, candidates must be able to learn and utilize this software platform.
Emergency/On-Call: may be required to respond to job related emergencies, within 1 hour of notification.
• Contractor shall have a minimum of six (6) months experience in the operation of large (100 tons or more) air conditioning and/or refrigerant, or two (2) years' experience as an air conditioning equipment mechanic helper or apprentice.
• Contractor shall have knowledge of the location and function of all equipment controls, meters and gauges in the plant, and experienced skill to determine appropriate action to meet significantly complex demands.
• Contractor shall have knowledge of prescribed tests and chemicals to test and treat boiler water.
• Knowledge of drawings and circuit diagrams of the boiler plant and auxiliary equipment to quickly locate defects in the system and perform minor repairs.
• Thorough knowledge of the fuels used, the chemical reactions involved combustion, and the proper fuel air ratio needed for maximum efficiency.
• Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance requirements and the procedures or adjustments required controlling pollutants.
• The Contractor independently plans and carries out the work in accordance with established operating methods and procedures.
• The employee is responsible for making complex determinations due to the amounts of steam or high temperature water provided by the plant.
• The work is shall be checked through occasional observation for adherence to operating techniques and established procedures.
May work in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods. The work may require frequent standing, bending, crouching, kneeling, or climbing. May occasionally work from scaffolds and platforms and may perform strenuous work while standing, sitting, or lying. May frequently lift and carry tools and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally items weighing more with assistance of material lifting devices or other workers.
Majority of work is performed indoors; however, Contractor will be exposed to extreme temperatures, smoke, dirt, noise, unpleasant odors, toxic fumes, soot, toxic dust, water, fuel oil, chemicals and all types of weather conditions. Work may result in cuts, bruises, or burns from steam, heat, chemicals or machinery. Exposed to eye injuries and frostbite from escaping refrigerants.
Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to AccessAssist@sjsexecutives.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.Additionally, you may also call Human Resources at: 757-502-4101, ext.101 for assistance.
Software Powered by iCIMS
SJS Executives dba FPC of Hampton Roads is a Virginia SWaM certified ( Certification # 677872), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) (Certification # P1053004) and minority owned business dedicated to providing permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing services to private, government and military agencies.
We would welcome the opportunity to partner and earn the right to work with you on your permanent, contract and temporary recruiting and staffing needs. With our focused, proven process, we will provide the best talent for the job.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!