Contract Administrator Job Description Sample
SSCI is looking to fill a Contract Administrator position. The successful applicant will be responsible for federal Government Contracts with various Department of Defense (DoD) customers. This position requires U.S. Citizenship and eligibility for U.S. Dept. of Defense Security Clearance.
Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (www.ssci.com) is a leading developer of advanced technologies for navigation, mission planning and autonomy for the Aerospace and Defense industries. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in the metro-Boston area, SSCI’s focus is on mission-relevant autonomy solutions. SSCI is among the Top 20 companies in highly competitive Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program. SSCI’s clients and teaming partners include all major branches of the U.S Department of Defense, NASA, and many of the leading prime contractors.
The Contract Administrator's duties will include:
- Reviewing customer contracts and requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Analyzing, interpreting, and modifying contract terms under the guidance of the company’s Director of Contracts
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with customers and vendors
- Negotiating contracts with external parties
- Drafting internal and external correspondences on contractual / program matters
- Creating contract summaries and updating internal data bases
- Preparing various agreements, such as Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, Proprietary Information Agreements
- 1-3 years' experience in government contract administration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Ability to contribute and work effectively with others in a team environment
- Ability to keep track of deadlines and meet goals and project related expectations
- Protects operations by keeping sensitive data confidential
- Experience in Federal Government contract administration and negotiations
- A familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Certification in Government Contracting (CFCM, CPCM, CCCM) desired.
Salary is competitive with market rates, with annual bonus awards based on company and individual performance. SSCI benefits package includes 401K, Health/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability Insurance.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!