Control Panel Operator Job Description Sample
Electrical Control Panel Builder
We are seeking a qualified Electrical Panel Builder to build and wire control panels and switchgear in a shop/manufacturing environment.
•Experience assembling electrical control panels, or similar.
•Able to read & comprehend electrical schematics.
•Power and control wiring aptitude a must.
•Comprehend electrical drawings and sketches with the ability to report errors or oversights.
•Good communications skills.
•Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
•Be very detailed oriented and accurate.
•Be able to wire equipment to our standards.
•Must have basic tools (Screw drivers, drills, etc) to perform the job function. The company provides specialty tools when needed.
•Able to maintain a clean working environment.
Entry-Level Control Panel Assembler
Brehob Corporation has been serving the Industrial and Manufacturing market for over 60 years with industry leading products and engineering solutions. Brehob is a leader in products, systems, applications expertise, service and repair. We are currently seeking an Entry-Level Control Panel Assembler for our Brehob Corporation Electrical Division. This is a full time position. The hours are from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
· Learn to read wire diagrams · Learn to assemble/wire electric control panels · Learn to test panels and drive units · Learn about single and three phase motors · Learn about electrical apparatus, components, contactors, transformers, overloads, relays, etc. · Learn about Fluke meters and how to use them · How to properly label units and track them
· Must be punctual with attendance
· Follow directions and attention to detail
· Must have reliable transportation
· Must be dependable
· Good Housekeeping. Ensures that work space and shop are neat and organized at
Job Type: Industrial
Experience: At least 2 year(s)
Brehob Corporation is a federal government contractor. As such, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Control Panel Power Wirer, 2Nd Shift, 55445
Wire various control panel products in preparation for test and final inspection
Perform 3 phase line voltage power wiring per documentation
Cut, strip, crimp and wire 14 AWG 500 MCM per to-from documentation with a high degree of accuracy
Bend and terminate larger wire (14AWG 2AWG normally, 1/0 300MCM occasionally)
Read, understand and utilize various engineering and manufacturing documents including bills of materials, assembly drawings, assembly instructions, wiring schematics and diagrams
Apply hand tools to ensure correct torque
Document QC and problem resolution logs
Perform re-work of wiring and assembly at request and guidance of QC technicians
Assist in training measures as needed
Assist in other areas of manufacturing as needed
Maintain a safe, organized and efficient work area
Assist in 5S and Lean activities as required
Identify and assist in process improvement measures
High school education or equivalent
Ability to read electrical schematics / diagrams preferred
Wiring experience preferred
Ability to use torque tools
Proficiency using hand and power tools in a safe manner
Proficiency using precision measurement tools
Good hand dexterity and strength
ERP experience desired
High motivation level and ability to multi-task
Ability to work with independently with limited supervision
Ability to work well with others
Strong attention to detail and organization
Good math and communication skills
Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Office)
Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English without the aid of an interpreter
Ability to work overtime depending on work load
Must be able to stand/walk for 8 hours per day
Bending heavy weight wire frequently
Lifting up to 50-85 lbs occasionally (wire spools)
Visual acuity (wire color and small print on wire)
The experienced team at Hire Authority, LLC has over 45 years of combined experience in the staffing business. Our business has been built by company referrals and word of mouth. We always take a hands-on approach to the constantly changing needs of manufacturing businesses. We are dedicated to matching the right candidate to the right position.
At Hire Authority, LLC, our mission is to assist employers in obtaining the highest quality employees, both economically and efficiently, by seeking accomplished individuals with a strong desire to succeed.
Our specialty is manufacturing, warehouse, and production such as welders, CNC/Manual Machinist, skilled assembly, etc. But we don't stop there! Here are a few other positions we fill:
*Engineer- Mechanical and Electrical
*Quality Managers/ Inspectors
At Hire Authority LLC. our positions are contract to hire or direct hire opportunities. While on our payroll we offer MEC (Minimum Essential Coverage) also a Health Helper that offers medical, dental, vision, and prescription discount program. We pay the monthly enrollment fee, every month- in order to receive this you must work 30 or more hours a week.
We look forward to hearing from you for your staffing and career needs!
Electrical Control Panel Wireman
TICM has an immediate Full-time, permanent opening for an experienced electrical control panel wireman.
- Work independently with minimal oversight to meet project schedules.
- Perform some assembly of all wiring of electrical control panels.
- Communicate with owner, engineer, and project manager to complete control panels.
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WIRING ELECTRICAL CONTROL PANELS
- Must be able to read tape measure and perform math required.
- Must be able to run control wires from point to point on each component.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics and engineering specifications.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
At TICM our associates aren’t just employees; they’re part of a winning team. We care about our employees and their families. Here is a short description of the benefits we provide:
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
Control Panel Builder
QPS Employment Group has a great opportunity available for a Control Panel Builder at a company in Humboldt, IA. This is a direct hire Control Panel Builder position.
The Control Panel Builder position will build electric control panels and perform point-to-point and electro-mechanical assembly.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:- Read schematics, assembly drawings or blueprints.- Build electric control panels and perform point-to-point and electro-mechanical assembly.- Wire the harness, connect all components and test the completed circuit.- Mount components (motor starters, switches, cables, circuit breakers and PLC components, etc.) utilizing wire way and landed on terminal blocks.
- Hands-on work experience and/or technical or vocational training in electronics technology or a similar discipline. - Experience with semiconductor or electromechanical devices, electrical or industrial motor controls or circuitry, digital or analog circuits, fundamentals of industrial control, reading.- Read schematics and blueprints.- Experience with point to point wiring, and mount panels.
Control Panel Builder
Due to continued growth, we have an immediate need for a Control Panel Builder. WESA Automation; a division of MKD Electric, provides state of the art and integrated automation and control solutions for industrial and manufacturing applications. Our core competencies include the design and fabrication of PLC controls and HMI panels, variable speed drives, pneumatic cabinets, operator consoles, and motor controls. We are equipped with the right tools and technology to design customer solutions and build high-quality products to meet our client’s industrial automation needs. Requirements/Qualifications
Proficient in reading electrical and control schematics
Build control panels based upon schematics
Point to point wiring of panels
Component mounting onto boards
Inspection and testing of assembled panels
Receive and check priority/schedule listing
Maintain a neat, clean, and efficient work area on a daily basis
Maintain all equipment and tools necessary to perform daily tasks
Solid mechanical ability
Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
Attention to detail
Comfort and knowledge on the proper use of hand tools and small power tools
Completion of electrical training or on-the-job experience in the electrical field
Auto-CAD or drawing experience is a plus Benefits: We offer our team members a comprehensive employment package that includes:
Career growth opportunities
Strong safety culture with training
Competitive compensation program
Performance based bonus eligibility + 401(k) plan w/company match up to 4%
Paid sick time
Paid vacation time
Eligibility for health benefits which includes:
Medical insurance – shared cost
Company paid dental insurance
Company paid vision insurance
Company paid life insurance and AD&D insurance
Company paid short term disability insurance
Optional life insurance for you, your spouse and children
Optional long term disability insurance
Full-time in-house training director
Referral bonuses up to $2,500
Annual scrap metal bonus eligibility
Social activities + + Holiday Party, BBQ’s, fun all hands on meetings, golf outings, contests, etc…
Make-A-Wish Foundation and Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) and others
Open door policy
Control Panel Assembler
Long term project in Northwest Houston (approximately 6 to 8 months in duration - potentially longer based on production)
Pay: $14.00-$16.00 hourly
Schedule: is 8am to 4:30pm (M-F) with some OT
Unpacking boxes of equipment (parts, components, wires, etc.)
Wiring control panels. Assembling metal racks, using small hand tools
Loading components into racks and panels, running wires and cables, etc.
Candidates should be willing to do any task within the warehouse or assembly area, including general labor (lifting up to 45lbs. at times [w/ a partner])
6 months of applicable experience or knowledge (or schooling)
Ability to lift up to 45 lbs. consistently throughout the day
Snelling takes the time to understand you. We want to know what your specific career goals are, and help make them a reality. By taking the time to personally interview you, we are able to understand your experience, personality, and needs. We understand that people thrive in supportive, motivating and challenging work environments. Let us be your partner in finding the right opportunity. With our 65 years of experience, Snelling is dedicated to providing the direction and resources that you need to succeed. Our team is here to help guide you through the process of finding your next right-fit job opportunity.
Lead Control Panel Technician
Seeking an Industrial Controls Electrician for a great opportunity in Ventura County. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 7 years in an industrial/controls environment, have excellent communication skills (bilingual English/Spanish a plus), and be motivated to continue learning and growing with the company.
- Assembly and panel building for machine control.
- Assembly will include electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics of various schematics as required by each automated machine.
Essential Job Functions
- Read and understand schematic diagrams.
- Should have a good understanding of UL 508 panel building requirements
- Utilizes knowledge of electrical wiring standards.
- Debug systems with mechanical assembly and controls engineers.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical machine failures.
- Perform final system check out with full understanding of what the item does / is supposed to do.
- Coordinate workflow for best practices, efficiency and cost.
- Identify and recommend improvements to upgrade equipment.
- Uses analytical thinking to understand the controls assembly and end-product assembly processes.
- Keeps work area organized.
- Willing to engage in ongoing education and is interested in continuous improvement.
- Creates reports as directed by shop supervisor.
- Work effectively as a team leader, providing guidance, training and discipline as needed.
- Coordinate with engineering, production, and purchasing departments to assure build meets specs, budget, and delivery schedule.
- Must have at least 7 years of experience in wiring control panels (panel building)
- Can read electrical, pneumatics, and hydraulic drawings and schematics
- Experience with Circuit design -- Control panel assembly - relays, contactors, fuses, switches, lights, motors, thermocouples, transformers etc
- Must have a basic working knowledge of NFPA Electrical Code and a solid understanding of electrical theory
- Experience with gas fired control systems a plus
- Have a working knowledge of relay logic, three phase power, and ohms law
- Experience with PLC programming and troubleshooting - as well as experience with HMI’s
- Very good attention to detail, works efficiently and is always mindful of quality
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a team environment
- Must be willing to learn from experienced personnel during a thorough training period
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Must speak, read and write English – bi-lingual is a plus (Spanish)
- Must possess the required tools
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds properly
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to work well with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate respect for peers, subordinates, supervisors and customers
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions
- Must fully understand and adhere to maintenance, safety, and quality processes and procedures
- Must be able to maintain a good attendance record
- Ability to estimate completion time of tasks, follow through on tasks to completion and maintain attention to detail
- Strong leadership and project management capabilities
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Valid US Passport, or ability to attain
- Base Health Insurance Plan 100% covered for FT Employees
- Base Dental Insurance Plan 100% covered for FT Employees
- 401k Plan with matching employer contribution
- Profit Sharing Plan (employer maximized contributions of 25% the past 5 years)
- Supplemental Insurance (Vision, Disability, etc) available
- Paid Vacation/Sick Leave
Our production facility, located in Oxnard, CA, features a 14,000 square foot manufacturing area that includes a full CNC machine shop, and ASME Code weld shop that is Section VIII, Division I qualified with U and UM stamps, a UL/CUL approved electrical panel shop, a Class 10,000 clean room and an Oxygen cleaning and test area that is capable of pressure testing to 50,000 psig.
Control Panel Wirer
Assembly and wiring of single and "small lot" automated machine control systems using PLC's, computer controllers and other various related technologies
• Responsible for using a variety assembly equipment, and hand tools such as: analog and digital multi-meters, torque drivers, standard and metric wrenches, socket wrenches, drills and tappers
• Point to point wiring in control panels using crimps, strippers and assorted tools
• Must be able to read and understand blueprints, schematics, technical manuals and verbal and written specifications.
We are the experts in Human Capital. It starts with a commitment to personal attention. A single point of contact from day one. That's what makes The Panther Group different. Thats how we deliver results to our clients and candidates. Our focus on quality, diversity and service sets us apart. At The Panther Group, it's about attention to detail. We attract the right talent, connect job seekers with the right jobs and provide the right custom solutions because we worry about the little things. Providing our clients the best value for their dollar, finding our job seekers opportunities where they can thrive, giving our clients and candidates the level of service they deserve, leveraging the most efficient processes in the industry.
Software Developer - Cloud Control Panel & Platform
Write front end java script and server-side Python code that powers the user interface and build new features and platform components
Write quality, clean, maintainable code and automated tests using engineering best practices (unit testing, continuous integration, automation etc.) to ship code out to production multiple times a day
Contribute to architectural decisions to improve service reliability and security
Collaborate with other software engineers, product managers, user experience designers, and operations engineers on a daily basis
Own our web applications running in production end-to-end by measuring error rates, fixing defects, and helping turn common customer errors into better experiences
Continuously invest in personal learning to help yourself and the team grow
Qualifications The ideal candidate will have the following: - BS in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years practical engineering experience in building and running web applications
Familiarity with common Python frameworks such as Flask, Django, or Twisted
Ability to turn mockups from designers into code
Disciplined approach to quality engineering via automated testing (Pyunit, etc.)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Multitasking skills, ability to pay attention to detail and maintaining focus under a fast paced environment
Experience working on a distributed team
Assist Operations and Support staff in troubleshooting issues and implementing fixes Top candidates also have some of the following experience: - Service Oriented Architecture and RESTful web services development, WebPack/Node/Grunt
Deploying services with high customer traffic to an IAAS provider (Rackspace Cloud, AWS, Azure, GCE)
Working with Agile/Lean engineering practices (continuous delivery, test driven development, pair programming, etc.) - Understanding of web technologies (HTTP, web servers (NGINX, Apache), and familiarity with Linux and Docker in production
Technical leadership and mentorship Req #36136Location(s)US-VA-BlacksburgUS-TX-San AntonioUS-TX-AustinUS-Remote
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!