Controls Designer Job Description Sample
Controls Designer / Autocad (2)
Controls Systems Designer
Electrical Controls Designer
Under the direction of the Vice President of Technical Services and Electrical Engineer, the Electrical Controls Designer provides technical support for small to mid scale projects; Typically, development and/or implementation of new manufacturing technology in support of new products lines or improvements in existing product lines. The Electrical Controls Designer drives root cause analysis using technical knowledge.
This position is based out of our headquarters in Port Washington, WI, and some travel to our local facilities will be required on a weekly basis.
- Develop electrical control panel drawings and generate bills of material
- Support the build and installation of custom control systems/panels
- Modify electrical designs and layout
- Assist with validation design, execution, and report writing
- Conduct root cause analysis and provide troubleshooting support for machinery
- Provide engineering assistance to improve plant safety
- Research new technology and provide recommendations
- Occasional project management within cost and time constrained environments
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience with control systems
- Prior experience (2-4 years) with PLC programming; familiarity with Rockwell and Allen Bradley systems
- Recent AutoCAD experience required. AutoCAD Electrical experience is preferred
- Must be proficient in the application of AC, DC, and Servo Drives
- Requires strong organizational and time-management skills with good attention to detail and ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects
- Requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret business information, journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Must have strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong PC Skills including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) as well as experience with Gmail and Google Apps
- Strong project management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills, able to build and support team, and work with multiple levels of KTP personnel
Senior Process Controls And Instrumentation Engineer
Mechanical Controls Designer
Controls Technician - Southard
Electrical Controls And Test Engineer
ABOUT FORTIVE: Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company, with a $6B portfolio of market-leading brands. We develop and deliver essential technology for the people who create, implement and accelerate progress. And we achieve this through our people. Our globally diverse team of 24,000 employees is united by a common culture rooted in Fortive Business System (FBS). Exceptional people thrive at Fortive because we build extraordinary teams for extraordinary results. We recruit, develop and retain the best talent available. We shape the future. We innovate to fuel our customers' success, building better businesses and propelling progress. We are driven to do better. We emphasize continuous improvement and nonstop learning. We are team-oriented. We work together, and we win together. We create an environment based on integrity and action, not politics and bureaucracy. At Fortive, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We need the most talented people to keep progressing. Here you'll learn how FBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team. ABOUT DOVER MOTION: We are revolutionizing the way things move! Our stages and electronic motion control brings quantum leaps in flexibility, precision, efficiency and reliability to applications as diverse as robots, medical instruments, metrology and packaging machines. Our breadth of products and brands are unmatched. Dover Motion, A division of Invetech, Inc. is a subsidiary of Fortive. Dover Motion's relationship with Fortive allows its associates access to competitive benefits, extensive training, and exciting development opportunities. Applicants to and employees of this company are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. To learn more, please visit www.dovermotion.com/about-us/careers/. ABOUT INVETECH: Invetech works with some of the world's most successful businesses creating products for diagnostic, cell therapy, industrial and consumer markets. With three hundred plus staff across sites in North America, and Australia, we are recognized as world leaders in the field of biomedical instrumentation development and manufacturing. "The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!