Convex Grinder Operator Job Description Sample
Grinder Operator 2Nd Shift
Description Andersen Corporation is the market leader and most recognized brand among builders in the window and patio door industry with +11,000 employees. The Andersen Division features product lines like Silver Line®, American Craftsman®, 100 Series, 200 Series, 400 Series, A-Series and E-Series. In 2006, Andersen Corporation purchased Silver Line Window and Door Company. Now known as Silver Line by Andersen Corporation, which is the #1 manufacture of vinyl windows and doors that are energy efficient, low maintenance solution that add beauty and charm to any home.PURPOSE OF GRINDER OPERATOR:To efficiently recycle vinyl scrap back into the process. Operator will grade and grind scrap to the correct value: Primary, Secondary or Return Polymer.
Understand the mechanical operation of the grinders.
Identify, separate and grind the vinyl scrap into the most valuable product.
Record and accurately enter into MES the pounds, colors and part numbers. * P.I.T. trained and can drive a fork lift safely.
Learn the material flow of the department and the delivery routes and uses of all materials and containers.
Can safely operate and change the blade on a band saw.
Can work independently in a highly physical environment.
Operator will go through vinyl burn training and how it involves the grinder process.
Understand the safety needs of the process and work within the parameters defined to protect the equipment, facility and coworkers.
Identify problems and implement fixes for common issues with the use of AMS tools and standards for continuous improvement concepts, and work with the support staff, management and maintenance on corrective action to resolve.
Rotate as required through multiple jobs.
Knowledge of product, process and customer’s expectations within the value streams (upstream and downstream of the process).
Support and participate in Employee Engagement activities.
Support respectful workplace.
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Understands the importance of both daily and end of week clean-ups ## Qualifications High school diploma or GED.
Basic computer skills. * PIT training / fork license required for some tasks.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and stand for long periods.
Ability to read and understand reports and a requirement to cross train on several operations.
Strong communication, teamwork, problem solving and leadership skills, dependability/punctuality. Job: Manufacturing
Primary Location:* United States-GA-Lithia Springs
Organization:* Silver Line Building Products
Job Posting:* Dec 19, 2017, 3:26:56 PM
Unposting Date:* Ongoing
Req ID:* 22556
Grinder Operator - DS (Fl91#06-18)
The primary responsibility of this position is to grind castings to meet new specifications and quality standards. Responsibilities cited below are considered essential job functions: Principal
Duties & Responsibilities:
Adhere to established safety procedures and 5 “ S ” standards (Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain the cycle) required to perform daily duties in this position, including the proper techniques used in lifting/moving of parts
Dress castings by removing gates, spurs and other projections from castings with “Big Wheel” or “Pencil” grinder
Place or stack materials in proper location
Strictly observe safety rules and procedures
- Other duties as assigned; required being very flexible in their daily job assignments Skills/
Communication skills, ability to read, write and comprehend instruction
Ability to stand, stoop, bend, walk, reach frequently throughout the workday
Ability to lift items up to 40lbs without assistance
Ability to use an overhead crane
- Knowledge of precision measuring instruments, i.e. 6 inch scale Working Conditions/Physical
General shop and machine tool noise, heat, dirt, sand, grease, high temperatures and fumes from the operation of machines and equipment. Normal working position is standing or walking through out the plant. Some repetitive lifting/moving is required, depending on the daily assignment or tasks being performed. Physical ability to wear respirator and safety equipment required. The weight can range anywhere from 1 to 95 lbs in which proper lifting/moving techniques are required. Standard Shift Hours: Mon
1:30pm (core hours) + overtime Benefits: Paid Time-Off Paid Holidays Medical Insurance with Flexible Spending Account Free Medical Clinic for Employees and Dependents Dental & Vision Insurance Life, STD & LTD Life Assistance Program 401(k)
Grinder SET UP Operator (Temp TO Hire)
include the following.
Other duties may be assigned. · Reads blueprint and job order for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground, and tooling instructions such as grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used. · Performs all setups in a timely manner to meet production schedules · Mounts grinding wheel and regulating wheel on spindles with wrenches. · Dresses wheels to specifications. · Moves controls to set specified grinding speeds, feed rates, and spacing between wheel faces. · Positions and secures work rest at specified height. · Starts machine and observes operation. · Verifies dimensions of ground work piece for conformance to specifications. · Changes worn grinding wheels. · Sets up automatic work feeding device. · Grinds various types of metallic and nonmetallic materials as required. Education and/or Experience: Technical school certification; or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Requisition ID: 178123.2
Posted Date 1/5/2018
Back To Search
54493291 Days Operatives Forest MS RVAF-Forest 39074 #
Pay Type non-exempt
Position ID 90194079
Employment Type FULL-TIME - - - #
Description This position is responsible for setting up and operating equipment that grinds ingredients used in the manufacturing of food products while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Tyson policies and procedures. #
Tasks Applicants will be considered for any general production opening. These openings require standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 50 pounds, shoveling, climbing stairs and ladders up to 60 feet, bending, stretching, reaching, working in extreme hot, cold, inclement weather, and odors.
Must be able to use basic hand tools and perform basic mechanical and maintenance functions. Maintain clean work area by use of soap and high pressure hose. Must be able to read and complete required logs.
Must be able to communicate with supervisor and co-workers via two-way radio. May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor. May be required to operate frontend loader or forklift and will be required to obtain certification to do so. If an applicant meets the minimum requirements for consideration, they may be contacted for an interview. #
Requirements Applicants who have worked for Tyson three times will not be considered. Minimum 6 month waiting period from last Tyson employment. You must have 6 months of work history with one employer within the past 12 months. Applications are only active for the current month in which you applied. Applicant will need to reapply next month and have an active application to be considered for employment. - - - Tyson Foods, Inc. voluntarily participates in the E-Verify system and uses all tools made available by the federal government to confirm the employment eligibility of all team members. Persons offered employment with Tyson Foods are required to provide documentation proving their employment eligibility, and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the E-Verify process. What is E-Verify (English)
EEO is the Law (English)
Right to Work (English)
EEO is the Law Supplemental (English)
Pay Transparency Policy Statement (English)
(Español) All Tyson Team Members are responsible for safety. This includes but is not limited to personal safety and food safety. An Equal Opportunity Employer Disability Friendly
OD / ID Grinder Operator / Setup
*Setup and operate OD / ID manual grinders, surface grinders, jig grinder.
*Potentially run TruTech CNC grinder and learn CNC tool grinding on Anca machines
*Must assist in loading other machines to keep them running.
*Must be able to read micrometers, calipers, comparators, etc....
*40-50 hours / week
A company in the Greensburg, Pa area is looking for candidates that have machine grinding experience
MUST have at least 3 years of experience operating a machine that grinds carbide
MUST have knowledge of hard and soft carbide
Must be available for all 3 shifts
Questions? Call 724-853-7710
General Labor/Aluminum Grinder Operator
GRINDERS (1ST Shift)
Under general supervision, the General Labor Grinder /Part Puller/Assembler moves, grinds, deburrs, finishes or assembles parts in support of the flow of production; meeting or exceeding customer specs and productivity requirements by following written and/or verbal instructions. Meet the internal and external customer needs, making continuous improvements and attaining departmental goals/objectives. Work with shop floor team members to improve part manufacturing and productivity. Demonstrate by example Anchor’s vision, Guiding Principles, and support our team based approach to leadership.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Assist Operators in moving material, parts and assemblies to and from machine to cleaning or finishing station to pallet, or otherwise through the production process.
- Perform grinding, finishing, deburring, cleaning assembly and other transitory tasks on parts or assemblies
- Must Be able to life 80-100 pounds consistently
- Follow Anchor safety procedures to ensure a safe workplace for self and others, including proper use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Ensure appropriate paperwork and system entries are completed, including traveler allocation and first part tags
- Ensure safe and efficient set up of work station or work area.
- Use overhead crane to move material into and around machine and remove finished parts from machine
- Use handheld power grinder to deburr parts.
- Clean parts, machinery, tooling and work area at end of each shift
- Almost continual standing, reaching, grasping, carrying and balancing
- Must Be able to life 80-100 pounds consistently
- Moderate amount of time walking and stooping
- Rarely climbs, crawls, sits, or types on a keyboard
- Almost continual work in a shop environment, with exposure to hot or cold weather and non-weather related high temperatures; fluorescent lighting and proximity to moving mechanical parts
- Moderate exposure to humidity
- Occasional exposure to wet weather, computer use, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Rarely exposed to office environment or non-weather related moisture or humidity
Materials, Tools & Equipment:
- Almost continual use of metals, ear and eye protection, foot and hand protection, and other protective clothing
- portable power tools and hand tools
- Rare use of bench tools, protective head gear, and respiratory protection
- Air impacts and Air grinders; Air or hydraulic porta power pump and ram
- side grinder; hoist used for lifting; and winch Steel toe shoes, hard hat, ear plugs, safety glasses, welding shield, burning goggles, grinding shield, and proper clothing (long sleeve shirts and long pants while grinding)
Looking for a career minded individual in precision hand grinding on commercial and military hardware. Experience preferred.
Must pass drug test.
2 shifts available.
Cylindrical Grinder Operator
*Experience in ID, OD, steps, tapers, recesses, shoulders, angles and contours
*Must be able to set-up grinder
*Must be able to set-up truing devices
*Select proper speeds and feeds and wheels
*Must be able to hold exacting tight tolerances
*Have ability to program, operate grinding equipment
*Must have ability to work from production prints and / or sketches
*Perform machine lubrication and preventive maintenance
*Maintain adherence to engineering tolerances & procedures
*Work safely and follow all safety rules
*Maintain a clean and organized work area
*Take proper care of equipment
*Perform other duties as required by supervisors
*Working knowledge of Studer & Kapp grinders a plus.
• 3 -5 years Machine Tool Operation Experience
• Capable of setting up job
• Capable of inspecting work at work station
• Solid Mechanical Aptitude
• Maintain clean and safe work station
• Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
• Growing Backlog
• Competitive Hourly Rate Structure (Depending on Ability and Experience)
• Night Shift Differential
• Great Health and Dental Benefits Package
• Profit Sharing and Bonuses
• 401K Matching
• Uniform and Safety Equipment
• Modern Equipment and Attractive Shop
• Equal Employment Opportunity
Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
Competitive Rate Structure (Depending on Ability and Experience)
Modern Equipment and Attractive Shop
Equal Employment Opportunity
Profit Sharing and Bonuses
Blanchard Grinder Operator
The Randolph Tool Co. is a leading diversified international company specializing in the manufacturing of Industrial Knives for the Tubing and Textile industries as well as Precision and General CNC Machining. Recognized widely for our engineering capabilities and management excellence, Randolph Tool combines unparalleled experience and capabilities across all industries. By collaborating with our customers, we help them become the best business they can be.
Applications being taken for a Blanchard grinding position. Experience a plus. Good benefits.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!