Conveyor Maintenance Mechanic Job Description Sample
Industrial Conveyor Maintenance Mechanic 2Nd Shift
CANDIDATES PLEASE! ONLY! SUBMIT! YOUR RESUME IF! YOU HAVE THE REQUIRED EXPERIENCE ON YOUR RESUME!!!
Job Title: Industrial Conveyor Maintenance Mechanic 2nd Shift
Location: Ontario, Ca.
2nd shift Monday thru Friday 3 pm to 11:30 pm and Sunday 6AM-2:30 PM when need
Location: Ontario, Ca.
Compensation: $16.00 to $18.50 Hourly D.O.E.
· Single-phase and 3-phase power up to 480 Volts and control systems 24-120 Volts
· Box folding (tray former) machine operations - HMI adjustment, Computer controls, Adjustments of the mechanical components.
· Installation of Electric motors, Gear reducers
· Conveyor PM’s and retrofitting
· Conveyor belt replacement and belt lacing
· Bearing and roller replacement
· Air compressor maintenance
· Pyramid controls (Conveyor operating software) a plus
· Good trouble shooting skills
· Welding and metal fabrication
· Wood working
· Working at or above established productivity standards
· Minimum 2 years of experience working in distribution center operations
· Can demonstrate knowledge in functional department
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Good problem solving skills
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, Standard operating procedures and operating instructions.
· Ability to work safely around mechanical equipment
include the following and other duties may be assigned.
· Must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
· Position is a temp-to-hire through Diversity Business Solutions Staffing Agency
· For further information or you can call (909)233-6885 and ask for Miguel Diaz
DBS's temporary staff planning is highly flexible. We can send you one or hundreds of employees for a day, a week, a month or years. With our experience evaluating candidates and our network of resources, DBS Inc. can find you the best employees for any position.
Maintenance Mechanic - Conveyor (Night)
Summary: Conduct all maintenance activities on the company's conveyor and warehouse facility. Will also assist in minor forklift repair. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Performs/assists with repairs to the conveyor ensuring the system is maintained in operating condition at all times. Provides information, data, and recommendations regarding conveyor operations in order to anticipate, if not eliminate, potential for problems. Performs minor mechanical duties on company forklifts, stockpickers, reachtrucks and pallet jacks. Determines the instances when outside mechanical personnel are needed to make repairs beyond our in-house capability. Maintains and assures conveyor is operating safely and properly. Perform maintenance and repairs on the entire facility including but not limited to lighting repair and replacement, minor plumbing problem, general building mechanical issues, etc. Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: § Problem Solving
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. § Project Management
Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities. § Technical Skills
Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. § Interpersonal Skills
Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. § Oral Communication
Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings. § Written Communication
Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information. § Change Management
Communicates changes effectively. § Delegation
Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results. § Leadership
Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others. § Quality Management
Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. § Diversity
Promotes a harassment-free environment. § Ethics
Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically. § Organizational Support
Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. § Judgment
Makes timely decisions. § Motivation
Sets and achieves challenging goals. § Planning/Organizing
Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans. § Professionalism
Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. § Quality
Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. § Quantity
Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly. § Safety and Security
Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. § Adaptability
Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. § Attendance/Punctuality
Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time. § Dependability
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. § Initiative
Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed. § Innovation
Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent education and experience. 2-3 years previous maintenance or related experience preferred. Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts. Other Requirements Basic knowledge in electrical and plumbing, forklifts, order pickers, and electric floor jacks, general knowledge of both belt and air-driven conveyor systems and strong mechanical aptitude. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and as such, it is our policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age (40 and over), national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected status where otherwise qualified. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment. SDL2017
C&W Services is the industry leader in Integrated Maintenance Solutions providing service to more than 600 companies worldwide and a sister company of Cushman & Wakefield. We are partnering with Amazon and hosting a Job Fair on Tuesday, November 28th through Thursday, November 30th from 9:00am to 6:00pm at the Courtyard & TownePlace Suites DFW Airport North/Grapevine Conference Room, 2200 Bass Pro Court, Grapevine, TX 76051!
We are looking for an experienced Conveyor Mechanic to perform troubleshooting and repair of Material Handling Equipment, Hydraulic & Pneumatic systems, automated ConveyorSystems and preventive / predictive maintenance at our Coppell location! Please note that typical shifts are Wednesday-Saturday or Sunday-Wednesday, 7:30pm-6:00am.
C&W Services offers:
- Weekly Pay!
- Comprehensive Benefits that start on your first day!
- Advancement Opportunities!
- Training to work in a Cutting Edge Facility!
- A Safety First Culture!
We are Hiring Conveyor Mechanics! Apply now for consideration!
- Primarily perform Mechanical and Lubrication tasks on automated packaging and distribution equipment.
- Utilizes working knowledge and experience to troubleshoot and repair of material handling equipment, pneumatic systems, maintaining automated conveyor systems, lubrication, and preventive / predictive maintenance.
- Repairs and preventive maintenance on conveying systems, power transmissions, and other power driven rotating equipment. Repairs and preventive maintenance to be performed in conformance with established standards.
- Assist in formulating preventive maintenance standards / work procedures while performing those duties and provide work order feedback on discrepancies noted in service delivery.
- Education: Possess a high school degree or an approved GED. Associate degree in Industrial Maintenance preferred, but not required.
- Must have a good working knowledge to include, but not limited to, the troubleshooting and repair of material handling equipment, pneumatic systems, maintaining automated conveyor systems, lubrication, and preventive / predictive maintenance.
- Must have working knowledge of the following topics: using hand / power tools, precision alignment, rigging, welding, blueprint reading, mathematics, Preventive/Predictive Maintenance.
- Must have the flexibility to work all shifts including holidays and weekends as demanded by the job.
Come work with our team. We are a hard-working, committed group of people who believe in delivering quality service to our client.
We love coming to work each day to help clients keep their facilities running in top condition with no downtime. Does this sound like something you’d like to be part of? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn why C&W Services is an ideal place for veterans to continue their careers: https://cwservices.com/veterans/
Conveyor Mechanic - Thurs-Sun (4Am-2Pm)
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for an individualtobe responsible for performing all maintenance and preventative maintenance functions of conveyor equipment needed to ensure its efficiency and reliability. This position will also include electrical installation and repair associated with building maintenance and projects. Our Distribution Centers play a critical role in helping us maintain our reputation as a fashion and service leader. Our seven centers serve as hubs from which the latest, most sought after merchandise is sent directly to our stores - and to our customers. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to supporting our salespeople, our stores and our customers. The ideal Conveyor Mechanic acts independently under general direction, uses good judgment in all decisions and actions and is committed to providing outstanding customer service every day. Responsibilities Conveyor and Electrical
Preventive maintenance and repair of all conveyor and material handling equipment
General repairs throughout the facility as needed Additional Duties
Welding and metal fabrication
Assist in the completion of building projects
Light electrical work
Operate lift equipment: forklifts, scissor and boom lifts
General repairs throughout the facility as needed
Other duties may apply
High School diploma or equivalent
Knowledge of material handling equipment
Forklift and Genie Boom Trained
Knowledge of power tools, pneumatic or hydraulic tools, chemicals
Knowledge of welding equipment and metal cutting tools Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers. As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position
Title:Conveyor Mechanic - Thurs-Sun (4am-2pm)
Mechanic / Conveyor Belting Installation
RICHMOND SUPPLY COMPANY
Mechanic / Conveyor Belting Installation
Augusta, GA industrial distributor is looking for an eager individual with basic / advanced mechanical sills to train/act as a conveyor belting installer and fabricator. Depending on experience and knowledge, starting pay-rate will range from $14/hr to $16/hr with consistent opportunities to earn overtime pay. Training will be conducted on-site as well as through in-house classes. Demonstrated ability to work in a "lead" capacity qualifies for steady hourly pay-rate increases.
Much of the fabrication work is completed outdoors and in manufacturing environments, therefore, you can expect a wide range of conditions.
- On time
- Willingness to travel and some overnight stay.
- Mechanical knowledge
- Safe work practices
- Team player
- Clear driving record
- Mandatory Drug Screen and Review of MVR
- Mechanical background and clear MVR
Benefits of employment:
- Healthy income achievable.
- Some nights and weekends (on call 24 hours)
- Health Insurance, partially paid by company
- 401K with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Wage increases according to experience, skills improvement and overall work habits
Check out our website: www.rsci.com
- Working with motors, reducers, belting and lacing of conveyors.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance
- requirements on engines, motors, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- Ability to read drawings and build conveyor systems based on drawings.
- Following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering
- specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to use power tools, some mig/stick welding.
- Properly package product. Some heavy lifting.
- Must be hardworking, motivated and punctual.
Conveyor Maintenance Technician
We are looking for a service Lead Maintenance / Conveyor Technician for a client site in Kansas City MO. Successful candidates must be skilled in not only conveyor maintenance, but also in general facility maintenance.
Lubricate machinery, change parts, or perform other routine machinery maintenance.
Successful candidates must be skilled in not only conveyor maintenance, but also in general facility maintenance.
- Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work.
- Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
- Inspect or test damaged machine parts, and mark defective areas or advise supervisors of repair needs.
- Lubricate or apply adhesives or other materials to machines, machine parts, or other equipment, according to specified procedures.
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair, using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, cranes, or hoists.
- Record production, repair, and machine maintenance information.
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Set up and operate machines, and adjust controls to regulate operations.
- Collaborate with other workers to repair or move machines, machine parts, or equipment.
- Inventory and requisition machine parts, equipment, and other supplies so that stock can be maintained and replenished.
- Transport machine parts, tools, equipment, and other material between work areas and storage, using cranes, hoists, or dollies.
- Collect and discard worn machine parts and other refuse in order to maintain machinery and work areas.
- Clean machines and machine parts, using cleaning solvents, cloths, air guns, hoses, vacuums, or other equipment.
- Two to four years related experience
- Prior conveyor installation experience a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Computer Skills
- Good Computer Skills in Windows based programs.
- High School Degree or equivalent experience plus electronics experience a plus
- High Speed sortation equipment. PLC and ladder logic in a plus in the job description
This is a FIRST SHIFT position from 7am to 3:30pm...
This is a LEAD technician position.
Conveyor Maintenance Technician
The Service Technician II is responsible for troubleshooting, performing repairs, and scheduling maintenance work for all equipment, including forklifts.
- Analyzes and diagnoses equipment problems and breakdowns
- Recommends the correct service and repair actions to resolve equipment performance problems
- Makes appropriate equipment repairs or modifications to solve operating and performance problems as dictated by the analysis of the equipment
- Performs scheduled equipment maintenance
- Follows all scheduled maintenance procedures and policies as dictated by the company
- Documents each service call, providing necessary paperwork
- Observes all safety procedures, makes certain that hazardous waste is properly disposed
- Maintains the company service vehicles in a clean, orderly and hazard-free manner to include performing regular maintenance such as oil changes, tire rotations, etc.
- Secures and maintains service and parts inventory in the company service vehicle
- Provides well-maintained personal tools required to effectively perform equipment service duties
- Keeps the work area clean and hazard-free
- Other duties as required and assigned
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles, and is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions.
With the recent acquisition of OHL in 2015, GEODIS is one of the leading Supply Chain Management companies in the USA. GEODIS has more than 160 sites strategically located throughout the USA. It services a total warehousing surface of more than 37,673,685 sqf where a wide range of industry sectors are served.
Conveyor Maintenance Technician, Electrical/Mechanical
Maintenance Technician IMI is currently hiring for one of its long standing clients in Maryland. The primary purpose of this position is to provide maintenance with electrical and mechanical support, to ensure continued operation of the facility. The primary focus of the maintenance will be conveyor systems, with the possibility of providing support for other equipment and systems when required. The candidate will need to know their way around an operational warehouse, and be able trouble shoot the issue via the panel, or on the conveyor somewhere. Previous experience with diagnosing conveyor systems effectively and efficiently must be provided This contract position will be long term, with the possibility of permanent placement with the client. Required Qualifications
Requirments: All PPE required: Hard hat, steel toe boots, work gloves, safety vest and work goggles. Tools to support both electrical and mechanical maintenance are required for this position.
Electrical: § Linesman pliers § Diagonal pliers § Needle nose pliers § Vice grips (medium) § Knife § Small control driver § Crimping tool § Wire strippers § Tape measure § Allen keys § 1 Set of box open end wrenches § Hacksaw § Hammer § Voltage tester § Tool pouch/Bag
Mechanical: § Tape Measure § 2LB Small Sledge Hammer § Level (7-10 inch) § Band Cutters (tin snips) § 3/8” Ratchet set with Standard Sockets ranging from 3/8” to 1” (deep well recommended) § Standard Wrench set § Set of Standard Allen Wrenches § Line Up Pin or Drift Pin (8 to 10 inches long) § Square (small carpenter one) § Chalk Box AKKUS
Location:* Elkridge, MD
Job Type:* Temp/Contract
Start Date:* 11/13/2017 Hours: Full Time
Conveyor Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Technician III The Maintenance Technician (FST) III will lead other service technicians, design solutions for difficult problems, will lead outside contractors, be on call for emergencies, handle multiple projects, and meet timelines. A successful candidate in this role will accomplish the following:
Maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor systems, electrical and mechanical Lead and audit Preventative Maintenance procedures/ practices Develop training plans for service technicians Develop work plan for emergency repair of critical assets. Install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders Create and close Work Orders with appropriate data, to include labor hours, equipment maintenance, and parts used into asset management system Conduct maintenance and higher level troubleshooting of robotics and robotic work cells Troubleshoot PLC programs including using ladder logic, components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet) Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals Maintain and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials up to 480V Develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organization Develop work plan for emergency repair of critical assets. Work plan to include coordinating with operations, locating parts/tools for repair, scheduling time with equipment, etc.
Physical Demands (Must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation): Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation) Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
High school diploma or equivalent Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays) PC competency, Word & Excel and Windows OS Experience in the following areas: Automated conveyors systems and controls Electrical and electronic principles Preventative maintenance procedures Blueprint and schematic reading Industrial electrical Industrial controls Industrial Electronics Programmable Logic Control (PLC) programs National Electrical Code (NEC) Work order management
Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field 4 years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field Previous leadership and/or management experience Previous experience in vendor management Experience with robotic maintenance SDL2017
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!