Conveyor System Operator Job Description Sample
3Rd Shift Conveyor Belt Operator
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A 3RD SHIFT
HOURS ARESUNDAY THROUGHTHURSDAY10PM TO 6:30 AM WITH MANDATORY OVERTIME ON FRIDAY NIGHTS
1. Primary duties:
A. Use scan guns to scan boxes
B. Monitor product flow through printers
C. Re-induct reject boxes from conveyor
D. Relabel boxes if needed
E. Replace rolls of labels on printers
2. Secondary duties:
A. Maintain clean and sanitary work environment
B. Complete recordkeeping requirements
C. Conveyor operating experience is a plus
3. General Working Conditions/Environment
Due to the refrigeration that is required for the products, the room temperature varies from
-5 to 33 degrees (F).
E. Lifting up to 20 pounds, at arms length, on a continual basis
F. Occasionally lifts up to 60 pounds
G. Use of both hands and arms
Corporate Conveyor Systems Project Engineer
Job Summary The Corporate Conveyor Systems Project Engineer designs safe and efficient conveyor layouts with automated and conventional equipment utilizing AutoCAD software to meet organizational needs for expansions, retrofits, and new facilities. He/She interacts with conveyor integrators and resolves questions from the regions and districts pertaining to conveyor layouts. He/She supervises outside engineering companies during the design and construction phases of multiple conveyor projects simultaneously. This position supervises specialists, interns, and external vendors. The Corporate Conveyor Systems Project Engineer obtains design data for facility planning needs from Industrial Engineering (IE) to identify the material handling design needs and the most cost effective solutions. He/She develops and presents alternative solutions of conveyor projects for the feasibility committee to determine the most cost effective alternative. This position makes field visits when necessary to clarify the existing conveyor system is represented correctly and ensures the new drawings are accurate utilizing standard equipment and job setups. The Corporate Conveyor Systems Project Engineer reviews Request for Appropriation (RFA) packets for completeness and accuracy to ensure appropriate funds are allocated to projects. He/She develops site plans for new facilities and expansion/s projects.
Reviews designs to ensure Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), local, and UPS conveyor guidelines and specifications are met.
Creates a conveyor manifest to size power units (i.e., determine horsepower) and accounts for equipment that will be included in the construction.
Presents layouts to the region and district for projects to ensure the needs of facilities have been met.
Checks vendor drawings for correct layouts and adherence to UPS guidelines.
Manages change orders from field engineers in the region to monitor scope and cost of changes.
Develops training modules and classes explaining systems design engineering to train new employees on conveyor design.
Attends review meetings with architects to make sure there are no physical obstructions to conveyor layouts.
Works closely with other groups (e.g., Industrial Engineering, Construction Management, Electrical, and Standards/Contracts) to ensure projects are successful.
Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
Project Management: Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately.
Technical Writing: Demonstrates a general understanding and use of grammatical rules; expresses ideas clearly and concisely; explains the relationship of effective writing to business objectives.
Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Engineering – Preferred
Experience using Microsoft Office Suite products or similar software – Preferred UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Industrial Engineering, Plant Engineering
Requisition Number: 141125
Conveyor Field Service Technician. Conveyor Experience Required.
This is a fast paced field service position on industrial warehouse machinery including conveyor, and carousels. Do not apply for this position if you do not have over two years experience with this equipment, live in the Milwaukee area, and can work responsibly unsupervised.
Keep our customer base satisfied by performing planned maintenance and service calls in a timely and professional manner. Work “on call” and maintain the schedule of service calls based on types of maintenance agreements. Provide customer service that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform planned maintenance and service calls properly, and on-call. This may include and is not limited to inspecting, adjusting, lubing or replacing the following: chains and sprockets, pulleys and rollers, motors and gearboxes, belts, belt or chain take-ups, carrying rollers and snubber rollers, sensors and reflectors, regulators, sortation devices, pneumatic brakes, filters and stops, safety switches, frames and guide rails
Actively follow safety rules and policies of Conveyor Solutions, Inc. and the Customer.
· Any conflicts with Customer’s Safety rules see your Manager
Maintain a professional manner to guarantee a professional image for our company.
Perform on-site technical work independently, and assist others when necessary.
Accept new duties and responsibilities when assigned.
As needed, provide technical support for customers, technicians, and sub-contractors.
Work in-conjunction with other on-site technicians, sub-contractors and other trades.
Complete all documentation and get all proper signatures and authorizations required per company policy.
Submit parts usage per job, so to maintain accurate truck, CSI warehouse and/or customer inventory levels.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist with facility maintenance and issues when necessary and when your schedule allows.
Assist with new installations.
Repair or replace
Make or buy
Number of Direct Indirect
Positions Supervised Employees Report Report
High School or equivalent trade school
2+ years Conveyor repair and/or service.
Valid drivers’ license
Fork Truck Certification, desirable
10 Hour OSHA Certification, desirable
Basic computer knowledge, Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet, CAD a plus
Operate a meter and tachometer
MATH SKILLS/REASONING ABILITY
Basic math skills and reasoning ability required
Strong written and oral communication skills are required
Ethical and honest
This position works primarily in a typical warehouse and industrial environment.
This position requires ability to lift 75 lbs individually (male), 25 lbs (women)
Conveyor Solutions, Inc. is an established system integrator that is committed to bringing the very best in both product quality and customer service.
Headquartered in Schaumburg, Illinois, Conveyor Solutions, Inc. was established as a material handling equipment, installation, and service company. Starting with these roots, Conveyor Solutions, Inc. has grown to become a full-service material handling systems integrator, offering its clients custom-designed systems for a broad range of industries. In doing so, we have identified and developed strong working relationships with the very best manufacturers of equipment in the industry.
While the technical capability of Conveyor Solutions, Inc. has and will continue to grow over the years, our commitment to provide consistently high quality services to our customers at fair prices will continue to be the focal point of our efforts. We provide our clients with well-designed, value-based solutions, complimented by professional engineering, project management, installation services, safety and operational training, and after-sale support services. Service is the value that we bring to every project and is the foundation of our growth.
Sr Project Engineer Conveyor Systems
Work closely with all internal departments and customers to successfully estimate, design, manufacture, and install automotive conveyor systems. Supervise other engineers and CAD operators.
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have extensive knowledge and the ability to design the following conveyor systems:
- Power and Free conveyors (both Overhead and Inverted)
- Friction conveyors (both Overhead and Inverted)
- Electrified Monorail conveyors (both Overhead and Inverted)
- Vertical Droplifters and other transfer equipment
- Slat conveyors
- Skillet conveyors
- Shuttle conveyors
- Other automotive conveyors systems
- Have the ability to create and interpret technical drawings using both 2D and 3D computer aided drafting (CAD) software.
- Be able to read and interpret customer specifications, make conceptual drawings, and present proposal for estimation purposes.
- Have extensive knowledge of design and safety regulations as they relate to conveyor systems (i.e. OSHA, AISC, etc.).
- Be able to create and manage project schedules using project management software.
- Have the ability to design or select the following components using standard engineering practices:
- Structural steel components
- Drive shafts, coupling, sprockets, gears, chains, belts, and other drive train components
- Motors and reducers
- Fasteners and other connections
- Cylinders, solenoids, and other pneumatic components
- Photoeyes, limit switches, and other electronic sensors
- Lubrication devices
- Be able to perform the following analyses:
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) and Mean Time Between Replacement (MTBR)
- Be able to perform the following calculation using standard engineering practices:
- Chain pull
- Horsepower and torque
- Stress, deflection, and fatigue
- Have to the ability to perform time studies, work flow simulations, and conveyor control design.
- Be able to specify material properties, hardness, etc. based on design requirements.
- Be able to trouble shoot mechanical conveyor systems and provide start-up support.
- Manage projects and supervise a team of design engineers and CAD operators.
- Have the wiliness to travel and work with people from all over the world.
- A BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field.
- 10+ years of material handling design and management experience.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D software (AutoCAD, Solidworks, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Proficient in project scheduling software (Microsoft Project, Primavera, etc.)
- Knowledge of product lifecycle management (PLM) software (Teamcenter, Fusion, etc.)
- Experience with material handling simulation software (AutoMod, Factory Flow, etc.)
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- The ability to speak Japanese, Tagalog, or Spanish is a bonus.
Project Manager - Conveyor Systems 17-00585
Title: Project Manager - Conveyor Systems
• Location: Lakewood, CO
• Pay Rate: Based upon experience
• Duration of Job: Direct Hire
Our client is looking for a Project Manager in an Electrical Construction setting who has experience with conveyor systems.
An individual who has experience within a packaging, food manufacturing or automation background with mechanical experience whom was working on implementing turn key conveyor systems would be ideal
Prepares subcontracts, project budget and schedule of values.
Prepares, maintains and enforces Project Schedule
Prepares and enforces Project Strategy Document
Prepares and negotiates Purchase Orders
Prepares and reviews submittals
Prepares monthly billings and submit to client on time
Obtains all required permits
Distributes, maintains and enforces current drawings, specifications and product data
- Maintaining a safe work environment and insuring that project is in strict compliance with OSHA & company safety standards
- Quality of the installed work
- Subcontractor performance
- Material management, including jobsite tools and equipment, at jobsites
- Proactively resolving disputes without the need for litigation
- Completion and monitoring of control estimate
- Set up and maintenance of files according to Policies and Procedures
- Management of daily affairs to stay on budget and on schedule
- Customer satisfaction
- Correct time card reporting and cost reporting
- Project cash management
- Prompt pricing and settling of change orders
- Adherence to and enforcement of Ludvik Policies and Procedures
- Setting priorities to achieve goals
- Personal project log
- Solicitation of additional electrical scope to existing contracts
- Performance reviews of support staff
- Close-out job in accordance with Ludvik standards and contract requirements
- Prepare monthly gross margin summary
Provides leadership, sets examples and sets standards
Responds promptly to needs of fellow team members
Promptly resolves issues with clients
Provides value engineering and technical input to the project team to help satisfy the client's needs
Insures all installations are neat and workmanlike and conform to applicable code standards
Supervises training of field employees for special systems or techniques
The position is responsible for the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, Superintendent, Supervisor and Foreman positions.
ESPO employees may enjoy a full range of benefits from 401(k), Premium Health Insurance, Dental, Disability, Direct Deposit, Vacation time and Holiday Pay. Apply now and see why so many professionals choose ESPO to help advance their careers.
To view current employment opportunities: www.espocorp.com/jobs
Conveyor Mechanical Design Engineer
Conveyor system experience is beneficial but not required. We encourage applicants with a strong mechanical design background to apply. This is a dynamic, on-point opportunity for a talented professional seeking challenging a career with a proven industry leader.
To the right Conveyor Mechanical Design Engineer, we offer:
- Excellent compensation commensurate with technical experience and industry exposure
- Health, dental, and group life insurance
- 401(k) with match and profit sharing
- Paid holiday and vacation
- On the job training and tuition reimbursement
- Long-term potential for career growth and earnings growth
Duties and Responsibilities for the Conveyor Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Design and detail parts, subassemblies and assemblies
- Effective documentation of design and assembly requirements are required through drawings and other documents
- Specify materials and parts for procurement
- Support designs through the manufacturing and testing process
- Design quality as defined by suitability for intended use and/or adherence to specifications
- Design manufacturability
- Adherence to budgets, including design time, fabrication time and material cost
- Proficient use of AutoCad, Solidworks, and/or other 3D software required
- Proficient use of MS Office products
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Working knowledge of power transmission products, pneumatics, hydraulics and electric motors
- Working understanding of assembly techniques and tolerances
- Prior experience in a job shop sheet metal environment is preferred
- Prior experience in package and unit handling conveyor equipment or custom machine building
Lead Conveyor Systems Technician
Brehob Corporation has been serving the Industrial and Manufacturing market for over 60 years with industry leading products and engineering solutions. Brehob is a leader in products, systems, applications expertise, service and repair. We are currently seeking a Lead Conveyor Systems Technician for our Conveyor services department of our
Indianapolis Electric Division.
Well qualified technician to work in Conveyor Department that can take incoming conveyor system service calls, assist the department manager with conveyor controls design and engineering and lead a conveyor system installation team.
Successful Candidate will have much of the following skills and experience:
- Be an experienced Journeyman that practices and follows standard electric convention
- Familiarity with NEC but will rely on our Master Electrician on code issues
- Always follows safe electrical practices
- Know and use safe mechanical and rigging practices
- Ability to accumulate and use tools and resources
- Ability to lead a crew on conveyor installation
- Ability to lead outside conveyor service
- Ability to work with and train technicians
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Working understanding of PLCs
- Experience working with frequency drives and programming
- Working understanding of motor starters, OLs and start/stop circuits
- Working understanding of E-Stop circuits
- Working understanding of relay and delay relay control logic
- Working understanding of photo eyes, scensors and scanners
- Working understanding of conveyor accumulation function
- Working understanding of conveyor power and control
- Troubleshooting and repair practices work experience
Special Skill Requirements
Computer skills to include Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel ability to learn other programming.
Customer relations and customer service skills. Must be innovative, creative and have an mindset and approach Organizational and communication skills. Must have a good driving record.
Brehob Corporation is a federal government contractor. As such, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Designer - Conveyor Systems
Utilize AutoCAD 2D/3D mechanical software to design and model conveyor and material handling systems within a variety of environments, including parcel handling and high-speed sortation.
Essential Job Functions:
Understand basics of mechanical systems and processes for various types of conveyor systems, including high speed sortation systems. Also understand the basics of related pneumatic, hydraulic and conveyor electrical controls applications.
Participate as directed, in the designing of system layouts and determination of operational requirements so that a detailed system flow can be generated.
Participate as directed in the creation of demolition and rework pertaining to the possible re-use of existing equipment. Primary responsibilities include CAD drafting and detailing.
Participate as directed in the creation of structural support steel layouts. Primary responsibilities include CAD drafting and detailing.
Produce system as-built/as-installed drawings, as directed.
Perform field checking of existing equipment, sites and facilities, as directed.
Perform as directed to aid in the preparation or editing of project specifications and reports.
Participate as directed in the system throughput validation process. Primary responsibilities include CAD drafting and detailing
Understand governmental Safety Codes & Standards, as they relate to assignments.
Understand client Specifications and Safety Codes & Standards, as they relate to assignments.
Maintain project records as well as daily personal records of communications and directions given and received.
Understand contract documents and project records.
Track and communicate project assignment status.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor Degree in an engineering discipline (or Associate Degree in design discipline) from an accredited university, with at least 2 years of related work experience is preferred. Skills/Competencies:
General knowledge of conveyor design and engineering, or comparable material handling/system layout experience.
Proficient in AutoCAD 2D/3D software (proficiency in FactoryCAD, Inventor, Solidworks is a plus)
Proficient in MS Outlook, basic MS Excel (calculations, functions, sorting, formatting), MS Word (basic formatting).
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Overview Ghafari is a global engineering, architecture, process design, consulting, and construction services firm driven to understand and meet the distinct needs of every client. For nearly forty years, we have taken a personal approach to highly technical projects in complex markets. By blending insight with technological innovation, we help clients elevate their efficiency, sustainability, and impact. Our full-service, in-house team works together to meet the unique demands of each project. Working side by side, market experts and discipline leaders exchange insights to uncover new opportunities for efficiency. This rigorous collaboration allows us to bridge smart design with precise functionality. Ghafari was founded on the promise of technological innovation. Today, we are recognized as a pioneer in adopting and standardizing the latest advancements in our field. We aim to remain at the forefront of our industry and create ever-smarter spaces that help clients navigate new demands within their field. Join our team and work on forward-thinking projects around the world. Ghafari Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability in order to use our online system to apply for a position at Ghafari Associates, LLC, you may apply for positions in the following ways:Connect to ourBy fax at 313.436.8624; Attn: Human ResourcesBy mail at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126; Attn: Human ResourcesIn person at 17101 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126.By email atIf there are any questions or additional accommodations that are required, please contact 313.441.3000 for assistance.It is Ghafari Associates, LLC’s policy not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or a protected veteran, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.
System Operator - Overnight Shift
Symbotic is currently seeking talented Automated System Operator join our team who would be responsible to operate the systems associated with Symbotic's system including Multi-Level Vertical Conveyor (MVC), and Symbotic's fleet of automated robotic vehicles (BOTs) using custom software.
· Monitor system performance and summarize for software engineers
· Troubleshoot MVC stoppages using the Human/Machine Interface (HMI) stations controlled by PLCs.
· Assess system stoppages and determine best course of action to maintain system up-time.
· Operate a custom Graphical User Interface (GUI) within a complex software environment.
· Effectively communicate and troubleshoot software issues with off-site Symbotic software engineers and on-site management team
· Maintain accurate logs of all major events and issues.
· Provide feedback to Symbotic engineers on system performance.
· Monitor automation system performance and restart equipment as necessary.
· Decide on the best course of action in dealing with minor to moderate equipment stoppages, relaying serious issues to off-site software engineers.
· Apply learned system knowledge, provide the relevant information from observation of equipment and system
· Operate system via custom GUI. Ensure safe and proper operation of system. Troubleshoot system stoppages and determine best course of action to maintain system up-time.
· Plan daily activities and coordinate system maintenance with maintenance personnel and Automation Manager based upon daily needs of warehouse operations.
· Communicate with Symbotic software engineers and troubleshoot issues, provide feedback on system operation.
· Maintain accurate logs of major events. Become the on-site software expert with an excellent understanding of system interrelations and consequences.
· Asses cause of Rover failure, examine log files and take detailed notes and alert service personnel.
· Assist and train other automation team operators in troubleshooting and repairs of any equipment as required, consistent with level of experience and training
· Will be proficient in a Windows environment. Linux experience is a plus. Must be able to use command line interface while starting and troubleshooting system. Must be proficient at running scripts in both Linux and Windows.
· Must have a working knowledge of computer networks and be able to assist in the troubleshooting and fix of wireless and wired network issues.
· Must have knowledge of computer hardware including servers, network attached storage devices, routers and networking equipment.
· Must be able to effectively communicate issues to software engineers both on and off site.
· Will be able to analyze faults and troubleshoot issues through log files, understanding complex software relationships.
· A desire to learn new equipment and assist team members as needed.
· Able and willing to assist other team members with physical work as necessary (light maintenance, troubleshoot and operate robotic equipment, move boxes by hand if required).
· 3 years in a computer or automation environment desired.
Years of Experience:
· 2+ to 5 Years
Level of Education:
· High School/Equivalent
System Operator Trainee (Irc23265)
Responsible for gaining a comprehensive working knowledge of all aspects of Transmission System Operations through a formal training program. The program consists of a combination of self-study and classroom modules, field training, and on-the-job training. The training is designed to be completed within twenty four (24) months. The program is divided into five phases of training as defined in the Transmission System Operator Trainee Executive Summary. Each phase may consist of varying steps, each of which must be successfully completed in sequence. The Trainee will work only under the direct supervision of a qualified North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)-certified System Operator.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * Participate in daily routine or emergency operations of the power system under direct continuous supervision and observation of a NERC-certified System Operator.
Responsible for learning the basic fundamentals of coal fired, combined cycle and combustion turbine generation to include terminology, characteristics and limitations.
Responsible for gaining a working knowledge of power scheduling and power contracts as well as learn basic power marketing principles.
Develop a working knowledge of the Energy Management System/Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (EMS/SCADA) system and become competent in its operation.
Develop a working knowledge of the electrical transmission system to include transmission lines, substations, telecommunications and all other major related components.
Develop a general knowledge of the Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC) major transmission paths and their impact on interconnected system operations (i.e. WECC rated paths also known as TOTs).
Become competent on all communications equipment to include radio and telephone system.
Attend all assigned formal training courses on Transmission System Operations and related subjects and equipment, meetings, and other training sessions as required.
Complete field assignments with Tri-State work crews in order to learn transmission, substation, and generation job functions. Minimum of one week with each field discipline.
Learn and comply with safe work and clearance procedures as they apply to routine and emergency situations.
Complete and pass Tri-State Transmission System Operator Trainee Training Program.
Required to become NERC-certified within twelve (12) months of date of hire and must maintain NERC System Operator Certification by obtaining the required continuing education hours.
Adhere to company policies, programs and procedures as well as Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP), Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), and Midwest Reliability Organization (MRO) standards and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws and regulations.
Safety: Maintain safety awareness and comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures to assure a safe working environment. Properly wear and care for applicable safety gear and equipment. Identify and communicate unsafe conditions to supervisor, coworkers, and the Safety functional area and correct or assist in resolving safety concerns and issues. Must understand and comply with the Clearance Procedure as applicable.
Culture: Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job. OTHER DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: * Perform other related duties as assigned SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES: * Planning: ability to think ahead and plan within timelines and resources; develop scopes, plan and schedule work; set priorities and goals; anticipate and adjust for problems; evaluate workloads; measure and evaluate performance against established goals.
Time management: ability to successfully plan and implement objectives within established timelines and work schedules.
Ability to analyze problems and develop effective solutions at both strategic and functional levels.
Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Strong team player: accomplishes tasks by working with others and being a good team player. Recognizes how his/her decisions may impact others; seeks input from others.
Computer proficiency in operating a personal computer and standard business office applications including Microsoft Office suite, databases, and other related applications.
Ability to work independently, with minimal direction as a highly motivated self-starter.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:Education and Training: * High School Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability: * Working knowledge of algebra, geometry and basic principles of physics.
Ability to learn electrical and mechanical theory, AC and DC circuits and the fundamental of power flow.
Ability to distinguish full range of colors in order to be successful with completing duties involving the use of computer displays to monitor color-coded electric system diagrams.
Ability to use and learn various computer applications.
Ability to communicate, both orally and written.
Ability to work under stress.
Experience: * Zero (0) to one (1) year basic business experience.
Other: * Willingness to work rotating shifts.
- Willingness to travel as required.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:Education and Training * Additional education beyond high school such as military technical training desired.
- Associate's degree in electronics or electrical technology or equivalent preferred.
Experience: * Utility experience in power plant, field maintenance or military experience desired
Job Title:* System Operator Trainee (IRC23265)
Location:* Westminster, CO, US
Base Location:* Headquarters Office - Westminster, Colorado
Amount of Travel:* Up to 10% Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!