Cook Job Description Sample
Line Cook / Prep Cook / Cook (Full-Time)
Responsible for the preparation & plating of food according to our Club's recipes. Candidate should be well-versed in all areas of the kitchen, able to successfully fill-in as needed on any station and be very versatile and efficient. Candidates will be required to complete a Food Handlers Certification course. Prior kitchen experience working in a restaurant or club preferred. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Line Cook - Prep Cook - Grill Cook
Growing, scratch kitchen concept-Firebirds Wood Fired Grill GRAND OPENING in Pembroke Pines, Florida is weeks away and we are looking to add a few more great Back of House team members to the team! If you're ready to #FireUp your career then apply online today.
Full Time & Part Time Positions Available
Seeking Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, Grill Cooks, and Dishwashers
Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is seeking energetic, reliable and talented people to join our team for our newest restaurant opening in Pembroke Pines, FL. Our Back of House employees are proud to be on a team that works together in a scratch kitchen creating great food in a fun environment. They partner with our Chefs and Sous Chefs to make certain our guests are served fresh and delicious food while maintaining food safety and sanitation. Our kitchen is a great place to train and learn new skills on the job!
Prep is the basis for our delicious food and every kitchen employee is involved in the process. Our Pantry cooks prepare our fresh and tasty salads and our fantastic desserts. The Sauté Cook takes care of preparing our specialty dishes with unique flavors that bring the guests back again and again. The Wood Fired Grill is the main event and our Grill Cook makes it happen. The Expo is the Quarterback of the line, calling the plays to make sure timing is exact and standards are high before sending the perfectly prepared food to the guest.
Our team members are one of our most important stakeholders here at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill. And as such an important part of our brand, we ensure that our team members receive extensive training and development, are continuously set up for success, and feel that Firebirds is a place to call home.
· Warm, friendly, and passionate
· Maintain a positive attitude in a high-paced environment
· Willingness to learn
· Prior restaurant experience is preferred
Team members enjoy:
· Flexible schedules
· Paid vacation for eligible team members
· Competitive health benefits
· Competitive hourly wage
· Opportunities for advancement in all positions
Please apply at firebirdscareers.com for Pembroke Pines Back of House or in person. The team is now hiring in person, Monday - Saturday from 9 am to 6 pm at the hiring location address below. There will be signs in the hotel lobby directing interested applicants.
14700 Hotel Road, Miramar, FL 33027, FL
Cook / Line Cook / Prep Cook
Cook / Line Cook / Prep Cook / Line Chef at Applebee's completes all assigned prep work and sets up cook s station.
Maintains product presentations, product quality and cook time standards.
Prepares all menu items according to Applebee s Recipes, Plate Presentations and specifications. Cook / Line Cook / Prep Cook is generally offered as part time restaurant job.
Full time opportunities are also available. Prior experience as cook, line cook, chef, prep cook, grill cook, fry cook, BOH, or other back of the house part time restaurant jobs highly desirable. Requirements/Responsibilities Cook / Line Cook / Prep Cook Physical:
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to employees, dining room staff, and guests. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to six (6) hours in length. Must have the ability to lift pots, pans, etc., up to 40 pounds in weight.
Must be able to read and write to facilitate communication. Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment. Prior experience as cook, line cook, chef, prep cook, grill cook, fry cook, BOH, or other back of the house part time restaurant jobs highly desirable
Cook / Fry Cook / Prep Cook
We are looking for full-time and part-time positions. Great companies need great people to help grow the concept and build opportunities for the entire team.
- Maintain quality eye appealing and appropriate temperatures of food products on the buffet
- Kitchen/Cook/Prep is defined as hot foods, bakery, salads and meat prep
- Maintain the cleanliness of food bar and work space
- Follow recipes
- Practice and develop safe work habits
- Ability to perform your job, while having positive interactions with guests
- Follow directions
- Complete orientation and training certifications
- Ability to learn to work with cooking equipment (to include fryers, steamers, ovens and other cooking equipment)
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- Desire to be part of a team
- Health Insurance (once eligible)
- 401-K (after 1 year)
- Flexible hours
- 50% off meals when scheduled and when off
- Close early on Christmas Eve and closed all day on Christmas
- Promote from within (opportunities to move up)
Restaurant Work - Wok Cook - Drahma Cook - Prep Cook
Job Description We’re looking for people who are inspired by great food and are enthusiastic about providing outstanding experiences for our Pei Wei guests.
We want you to love what you do and show that love to all who enter our doors!
What you will do:
• Be a core team member in our high energy, fast casual, scratch kitchen restaurant
• Welcome each guest with a smile and a friendly greeting
• Accurately take orders and ensure food is delivered quickly and correctly
• Create and nurture a fun, positive work environment
• Maximize financial success for your restaurant by creating loyalty with our guests
• Uphold our high sanitation and safety standards
• Provide amazing experiences: service comes from the mind, but hospitality comes from the heart! Job Requirements What you need to have:
• A positive attitude and a smile
• A love for providing outstanding hospitality to guests
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts • Focus on speed, quality, and an appetite for learning
What we offer:
• Schedule flexibility (with no late nights!)
• Fun place to work • Meal benefits
• Competitive pay and provided uniforms
• Employee Referral Program – get a bonus to “wok” with your friends!
• Clear path for growth and career advancement
Pei Wei will give you the opportunity to develop and grow…isn’t it time you started living the #peiweilife?
Baker - Dishwasher - Line Cook - Broil Cook - Prep Cook - Customer Service
Specific Positions we are looking to fill include:
Bakers, Dishwashers, Line Cooks, Broil Cooks and Prep Cooks
If interested please apply online at:http://bit.ly/2oqp6ZBOr Apply IN person at: Texas Roadhouse1565 N Susquehanna TrailSelinsgrove, PA 17870
Not only do Roadies enjoy a dynamic work environment, great benefits and opportunities for advancement, they also enjoy the satisfaction of giving back to the community and working for a company that takes pride in Legendary People, Legendary Food and Legendary Service. It's time for you to cross the road to a job you'll love!
Texas Roadhouse® is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
Since our company opened its doors in 1993, the focus of Texas Roadhouse® has been on putting employees first. It has always been our founder, Kent Taylor's, belief that if all of our team members ("Roadies," as we like to call them) are happy, our guests will have an amazing experience to brag about! That's why we believe in creating an environment that focuses on our
Core Values: PASSION, PARTNERSHIP, INTEGRITY and FUN, with purpose.
When you work for Texas Roadhouse®, you join a one-of-a kind workplace. Not only will you enjoy a dynamic work environment, great benefits, and opportunities for advancement, you will also enjoy the satisfaction of giving back to the community and working for a company that takes pride in its Legendary People and Legendary Food.
To ensure that our Roadies stay passionate about the Roadhouse, we make sure they know how passionate we are about them and their well-being. That's why a few years ago, Texas Roadhouse created Andy's Outreach Fund -- so that our Roadies could help other Roadies who might be struggling personally as they carry on the incredible culture of our one-of-a-kind place to work.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
- OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
Prep Cook / Cook / Line Cook (Lga Airport)
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OTG is interviewing experienced Cooks and Line Cooks at LGA AIRPORT location!
Are you a Culinary Guru who is looking to advance to the next level in your career? If so, here is what we have to offer:
- Work in a BRAND new kitchen and state of the art equipment
- Work with the leading Chefs in the industry
- Room for growth
- Benefits after 60 days of employment
- Invest in your retirement! 401k is available after 6 months of employment.
- Potential for quarterly bonus
- and much more!
What we are looking for:
- Must have 3 years in a Restaurant Kitchen experience
- Experience in an American style restaurants preferred
- Advanced knowledge of food handling and safety guidelines
Salad / Garde Manger / Line Cook / Cook
Hillstone on Park Avenue is hiring full-time for the position of salads/garde manger. The ideal candidate will:
Have 2+ years previous relevant experience
Maintain a clean and professional appearance
Be able to work nights/weekends and some holidays
Demonstrate proficient knife skills
Maintain an organized and clean work environment.
Please email resume and apply in person at:
378 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10010
A popular spot for evening cocktails or a romantic dinner, Hillstone on Park Avenue South features sushi, USDA prime steaks, entrée salads and premium sandwiches. Our California focused wine list offers premium and boutique selections a wine lover will be sure to appreciate. Located on the SW corner of Park Avenue and 27th.
Cook / Line Cook
Must be a reliable and have strong work ethics.
Team experience preferred in high volume restaurant.
Line Cook - Cook
Full-Time and Part-Time Available
We are seeking a Cook to join our dedicated kitchen staff! You will assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in our professional kitchen.
- Prepare all served food
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours
- Memorize, record, and comprehend menu items, abbreviations, plate appearance, and portions
- Follow standard recipes and special diet orders
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, utensils, and appliances
- Previous experience in cooking, culinary arts, or other related fields
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and cooking techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in teams
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!