Cook Apprentice Pastry Job Description Sample
Pastry Cook I-
Loews Ventana Canyon is seeking a Pastry Cook 1 to join our team of professionals. Loews Ventana Canyon, Located on 100 acres in the Sonoran Desert, is a four- diamond resort nestled into the foothills of the Catalina Mountains in Tucson, Arizona. The natural desert setting, spa, golf courses, restaurants and service provide an atmosphere that is designed to help guests, relax, escape and be pampered.
- Sets up and organizes work area with all necessary supplies and equipment
- Receives, inspects, rotates all food products to ensure that only fresh, high quality ingredients are used
- Prepares and stores raw food products prior to cooking and service
- Follows standardized recipes in the preparation and assembly of raw food items prior to cooking
- Adheres to established portion control guidelines, minimizes waste
- Prepares and plates cold foods according to established plating/presentation guidelines
- Monitors finished product waiting for server pick up to ensure food is served promptly, notifies supervisor of any delays in service
- Ensures that a quality product is prepared and served in a timely manner
- Follows all Governmental Food Sanitation Standards at all times
- Monitors refrigeration and holding temperatures, cleans and sanitizes work surfaces, washes hands frequently
- Uses knives, slicers, mixers, choppers, grinders and all other equipment in a safe manner according to the manufactures recommendations
- Notifies Supervisor of and equipment malfunction or safety hazard immediately
- Provides Steward with timely notification of need for clean dishes, pots, pans etc.
- Returns soiled pot, pans and cooking utensils to pot wash area, informs Steward of any HOT items
- Cleans and breaks down work area, returns all unused ingredients to proper storage at end of shift
- Ensures that all closing side work is complete, cooking equipment is turned off and kitchen is secure at end of shift
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, or its equivalent
- One year Pantry experience in upscale, high volume hotel or freestanding restaurant or Post Secondary culinary training/certification as "Cook" from a recognized culinary training school
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Food Service Sanitation Standards
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of standard kitchen equipment and its use
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend; lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Taverna Italian Bistro is looking for a full time pastry cook.
Candidate must have 2 yrs + experience working in a fine dining restaurant.
Maintains quality of baked goods and ensures consistency in products and standards. Responsible for decorating and plating various pastries and desserts for staff, member events and functions. Prepares requisitions for supplies and food items for production. Observes production flow and make adjustments in order to adhere to control procedures for cost and quality. Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of products in compliance with health department regulations, including coverage, labeling, dating and placing items in proper containers of kitchen and service. Monitors equipment in the pastry kitchen is clean and in proper working condition and writes work tickets for any equipment in need of repair. Visually inspects appearance of all baked goods for proper color combination and overall presentation to maintain appeal. Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction. Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Chef. Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
May be required: to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; to write routine reports and correspondence; to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: May be required: to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Physical Demands: Frequently stands; walks; uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; talks or hears; taste or smells. Regularly reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally sits; climbs or balances; stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. Regularly lifts up to 50 pounds and occasionally lifts more than 100 pounds.
Certificates/Licenses: Food Sanitation Training.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences
Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English). Knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel needed.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
From Italian trattorias to French bistros, the many different cuisines of the coastal Mediterranean serve as our daily inspiration. Like many family-run establishments in Europe, our restaurants make their own pastas, gelatos and desserts. We constantly strive to craft menus that combine the creativity of contemporary cuisine with the powerful draw of classic recipes.
That being said, our neighborhood restaurants offer a lot more than just a delicious menu: they are a special place where customers will feel at home with friends and family.
Baker - Pastry Cook
- Production: Cookies, Bars, Breakfast Pastry including muffins, scones, rolls
- Assemble , finish and plate dessert and pastry items
- Cake production -regular, gluten free and/or vegan
- Able to work independently as well as a team member!
- Pastry certification or degree; Food Handlers Card, stand for entire shift, lift up to 30 lbs.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in a similar position
Our commitment to outstanding service and consistent innovation has been the key to our success and our impressive record of growth. We currently operate in over 35 cities across 16 states serving hundreds of thousands of people every day.
Plan, prep, set up and prepare quality products in all areas of the Pastry/Bake Shop to include, but not limited to, pastries, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, jams, displays/centerpieces in accordance with departmental quality standards and specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
Main Kitchen, Pastry/Bake area, Stewarding areas
Job involves working:
- under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
- under variable noise levels.
- around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- around dust and/or mite hazards.
- around cleaning chemicals.
- Two plus years experience as a Pastry Cook at a Luxury style Hotel or Restaurant.
- Food handling certificate.
- Fluency in English
- Provide legible communication.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Comprehend and follow recipes.
- Expand/condense recipes.
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guest’s service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent Hotel data.
- ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Certification of Culinary training or apprenticeship.
- Fluency in a second language a plus .
- Sanitation certificate.
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Previously experience working with all products and ingredients and equipment involved.
- Artistic ability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
- Meet with Pastry Chef/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Prepare and produce dessert menu items for Restaurants, Room Service and Banquets following recipes and yield guides.
- Prepare amenity orders for Room Service.
Hotel Arista is not a chain, rather, we're something a little different. We're an independent, locally owned boutique hotel and something of a maverick. We offer effortless and luxurious accommodations for business, leisure and weddings.
Our guests are people who like to write their own story -- leaders, innovators, high-profile couples, chic brides, authors, actors, film crews and more. This is a crowd that likes the seduction of an effortless, evocative experience and the glamour of making a place their own. Personal taste and choice are considered paramount at Hotel Arista, and guests select from an extensive personal preference menu of amenities and services.
Hotel Arista at CityGate Centre in Naperville is a four-diamond award winner and the first LEED certified hotel in Illinois.
The Pastry Cook is responsible for creating an exceptional culinary experience for restaurant guests through the preparation and presentation of the restaurant’s menu. A cook at this level requires some supervision and training.
- Preparation of foods according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures.
- Preps food for service in accordance to established standardized recipes.
- Sets up station and ensures that the work area is operated in an efficient manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restocks items as needed throughout shift.
- Supports the cross-training efforts of the chef.
- Informs supervisor of any kitchen machinery that is not working properly.
- Properly stores food in designated containers and areas to prevent spoilage.
- Assists in the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas
- Be familiar with applicable emergency procedures and evacuations including fire, bomb threat, power failure, and injury to and illness of persons.
- Follows hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Culinary degree from a recognized culinary institute, or equivalent experience
- Illinois Food Handler or Serv Safe Certification preferred
- Three years or more experience as a pastry cook
- Prior experience in fine-dining or luxury hotel environment preferred
- Knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
- Neat and clean appearance
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs on a regular and continuing basis.
- Since it is essential for us to work in an atmosphere of friendly cooperation, it is your responsibility to:
- Attend and actively participate in all required training sessions.
- Know our philosophy and continuously demonstrate our cultural standards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other protected class. Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins. We participate in E-Verify and those who are ineligible to work in the United States will not be considered.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Pastry Cook’s responsibilities include preparing quality pastry items such as breakfast items, desserts, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, amenities, displays/centerpieces and special request items.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Includes but is not limited to the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.)
Follows the methods of food preparation, cooking, sizing of portions, mixing of sauces and garnishing of pastries and serving if necessary to ensure pastries are prepared in an approved manner as standard prescribed by the Executive Pastry Chef, Executive Pastry Sous Chef and/or Executive Chef.
Prepares pastry according to recipes and Executive Pastry Chef.
Assist in organizing and cleaning pastry preparation and pantry areas.
Ensures all pastry preparation and presentation is to established specifications.
Maintain consistency of product with great attention to quality, taste and presentation.
Maintain positive working relations with all other departments.
Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
Must understand basic yeast dough such as breads, laminated dough such as croissants and puff pastry.
Ability to obtain and maintain a valid food service certification card.
Knowledge of bakery products, production baking experience, and customer service experience preferred.
Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Minimum 2 years pastry production experience.
Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
Culinary degree preferred.
APPLY at http://www.michaelmina.net/careers/ for the location of "FL - St. Petersburg - LOCALE MARKET - Sundial". For consideration, you must attach or paste your resume/job history in the online application
Pastry Cook I, II, Or III
This position will plan, prep, set up and prepare quality products in all areas of the Pastry/Bake Shop to include, but not limited to, pastries, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, jams, displays/centerpieces, in accordance with departmental quality standards and specifications.Req ID:20422BRCity:VailEssential Functions:Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areasand strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements
Meet with Pastry Chef/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
Establish priority items for the day and inform the Pastry Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks
Prepare and produce dessert menu items for Restaurants, Room Service and Banquets following recipes and yield guides
Produce centerpieces for Banquets and buffets
Display items attractively and to specified requirements
Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out
Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements
Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Pastry Chef before leaving
Maintain positive guest relations at all times
Previous upscale hotel experienceA minimum formal education of a high school diploma
Should have any required certification to Handle FoodFluency in English both verbal and non-verbalComprehend and follow recipes
Excellent customer service focus and communication skills
Job Type:Full Time Property:Hotel Talisa Area of Interest:CulinaryCompany Introduction:Two Roads Hospitality is a company with a vision. Our core values are the hallmark of everything we do.
Through all of our collections and each of our properties, they describe every guest, owner, team member and partner. With more than 40 years of success in the hospitality industry, Two Roads Hospitality was reimagined in 2016. Included in our portfolio are the Alila Hotels & Resorts, Destination Hotels, Joie de Vivre Hotels, Thompson Hotels, and tommie Hotels brands.
Whether you are just starting your hospitality journey or you’re an experienced traveler, we invite you to join our family.Property Introduction:Vail's newest luxury hotel, Hotel Talisa, debuting after a multimillion-dollar renovation, offers 285 new accommodations with sophisticated décor and luxurious bathrooms and existing vacation residences. Savor global cuisine within the new restaurant, fireside lounge and upscale market, an inventive après scene with majestic fireside mountain views, blissful spa treatments, relaxing water therapy with a steam and sauna and top-ranked fitness offerings at the over 58,000 ft. Club & Spa, and a premiere ski-in/ski-out offering with an on-property ski lift and ski concierge and bespoke year-round alpine experiences. All just five minutes from Vail Village!State:ColoradoType of Position:Hourly PositionBrand:Destination Hotels
Pastry Cook (Overnights) - Arizona Biltmore
The Professional Pastry Kitchen at the Arizona Biltmore is looking for a new Full Time Baker for Overnights. This position will require you to have a flexible schedule from 9:00pm-5:00am, Monday through Sunday. This is a fantastic Full Time Baker position, with unmatched career potential. What's in it for you? - $12/hour - Full Benefits - 22 Days of Paid time off - Amazing travel discounts at Hilton hotels worldwide - Matching 401K retirement -Access to world class pastry equipment APPLY NOW What will I be doing? As a Pastry Cook II, you would be responsible for preparing food items in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Prepare cakes, desserts, etc according to designated recipes and quality standards + Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times + Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner + Ensure knowledge of menu and food products + Stock and maintain designated food stations(s) + Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations What are we looking for? Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
Quality + Productivity + Dependability + Customer Focus + Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton? Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title:Pastry Cook (Overnights) - Arizona Biltmore
Jean-Georges Management is built on a powerful culinary foundation and has evolved into a reputable and award winning restaurant group. From inception, Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten placed emphasis on the importance of providing the very best in culinary and tailored hospitality, which has resulted in the success of an acclaimed constellation of international restaurants. With over 25 restaurants located in 5 countries, we continuously strive towards excellence and rely on the support of our culinary and hospitality team members to contribute to our worldwide operations. The Pastry Cook prepares baked items, pastries, cakes, ice creams, sorbets, fruit compotes, chocolates and show pieces according to guest orders and in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment. Complies with any additional requests that may arise pertaining to Pastry Cook duties. Some of the duties of a Pastry Cook are:
Prepare pastry items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards.
Complete mis en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service.
Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs.
Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including but not limited to deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures
Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up
Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
Return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems.
Control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors. We are looking for individuals who have a knowledge of Pastry Cook operations with excellent communication skills. Applicants are required to have physical mobility as lifting, walking, bending and moving objects up to 70 lbs. Speaking, writing and reading English is required. Positive attitude and willing to learn is must. Minimum 2-years’ experience preferred. This position requires an applicant with a flexible schedule and the ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays. ID: 2016-1206 External Company URL: www.jean-georges.com
Pastry Cook 1
Do you see yourself as a Cook's Helper ? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or dog shows, at IHG we're interested in YOU.
At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This position has overall responsibility for preparing cold food items and assisting in all kitchen activities.
Qualifications Qualifications include basic reading, writing and math skills and some prior food preparation experience preferred. An alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler cards as required by local or state government agency.
You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds, standing up and moving about in the kitchen, communicating with other people, handling food objects/products/utensils, bending, stooping and kneeling. In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan.
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion?
Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!