Solstice Cook 1
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino (PH&C), owned by the Forest County Potawatomi tribe, is one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art entertainment properties in the Midwest, including slot machines, table games, poker tables, bingo, off-track-betting, a theater, event center, award-winning restaurants, full-service catering, and a luxury hotel, with a variety of business meeting and special occasion venues. In addition to being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, PH&C sets the bar high for responsible citizenship through its dedication to charitable giving, responsible gambling, and sustainability.
PH&C operates on growth-oriented Mission, Vision, and Values statements that emphasize providing opportunities, being the premier entertainment destination in the Midwest, and most importantly, acting with integrity in everything that we do. While carrying out the job duties listed below, you will contribute to our continued success by demonstrating unsurpassed guest service, a high level of integrity and ethical standards, and personal and professional dedication to our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
* *Perform basic to intermediate food preparation and cooking duties, including but not limited to washing, peeling, cutting, and measuring ingredients for use; preparing salads and cold foods; and fry, stock, and batch cooking.
* *Assemble, garnish, and finalize presentation of completed dishes.
* *Use and clean kitchen surfaces, equipment, and utensils including but not limited to ovens, grills, fryers, broilers, and knives safely.
* *Maintain a safe, sanitary, and organized work environment, working closely with Stewards at all times.
* Learn to perform more advanced kitchen and cooking duties, and assist other members of the culinary team.
* Assist in storing and rotating all inventories as needed.
* Perform opening and closing duties as needed.
* Work at other kitchens/venues as assigned, based on business needs and to gain knowledge.
* Perform job duties in full compliance with departmental Internal Controls, policies, procedures, and regulations.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* A high school diploma or equivalent and 6 months of related experience are preferred.
* The ability to successfully achieve ServSafe certification within 90 days.
* The ability to successfully complete Culinary Academy within 12 months.
* The ability to maintain discretion in handling confidential information.
* The ability to interact with guests and team members professionally.
* The ability to work irregular hours and extended shifts including late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
* While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and move freely throughout the property for prolonged periods of time in a physically demanding, fast-paced environment. The team member is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must be able to operate a personal computer. The team member may be required to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects up to 25 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally, with assistance. Team member must wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing job duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor the noise level increases. The facility is not smoke free While performing the duties of this job, the team member will work near moving parts and extreme noise, such as kitchen equipment, and will be required to work in a hot environment, such as over and near ovens, cooktops, and open flames and in a cold environment such as in freezer/production prep kitchen areas. The team member will be exposed to, handle, and work with foods that are commonly classified as allergens, including but not limited to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy, dairy products, seafood, shellfish, and gluten.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
POST JOBS FOR FREE