Cook Mess Job Description Sample
Mess Hall Attendant
Parris Island, SC
JOB TITLE: Food Service Worker/Food Sanitation Specialist
Pay Rate: $11.45 & Medical Benefits
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt, Direct
JOB PURPOSE: Work under the direction of the Food Service Manager and Lead Supervisor. Work under general supervision and follow prescribed steps after receiving instructions as how to do the work. Food Service Manager and Lead Supervisor observe the work to determine whether it is performed properly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Set up food on cafeteria lines and portion food for individual servings in accordance with instructions.
• Replace glassware, dishes, and silverware; as well as refill condiment containers. Wipe and wash tables and counter-tops.
• Clean work area, utensils, and equipment; remove garbage; sweep and mop floors, scrub walls, windows, and tables.
• Remove dishes, glasses, and silverware from serving counters. Mix washing solutions and operate electric pots, pans, and dish washing machine and/or wash dishes, glassware, pots, pans, and kitchen utensils by hand.
• Make coffee. Assist in the setup of serving lines.
• Perform a wide variety of manual tasks in kitchen or dining area of a food activity, which involves light to moderate physical effort and is done according to established procedures.
• Maintain in a sanitary condition equipment, work areas, utensils, and tables.
• Follow uniform requirements as prescribed in company rules and contract requirements.
• Serve food to those in serving line, re-fill cold bars, salad bars, pastry cabinets, condiments, juice dispensers, and set up dining rooms. Set up serving lines no more than 30 minutes prior and beverages no more than 15 minutes prior to serving hours.
• Perform ware-washing, and keep pots and pans areas in order prior to, during, and after meals. Follow correct techniques, cleaning schedules, and tasks.
• Assist in areas where needed.
• Notify supervisor immediately of malfunctioning, inoperative, unsafe, or hazardous equipment cleaned or used.
• Communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers.
• Maintain Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) logs, operate bio metallic and/ or digital thermometer.
• Maintain the Five Star Service standards for excellence
• Welcoming each and every customer, each and every time.
• Focusing on personalized experience.
• Delivering fast and friendly service.
• Providing a great quality product.
• Thanking each customer by name and inviting them back.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Participate in all other training required by funding source(s) and/or the Corporation.
• Submit to and pass a Criminal Background Check.
Food Service & Customer Service Experience
• A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization.
• Requires strong customer service skills
• Must be able after training to serve customers at an efficient pace while providing friendly customer service.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, knee, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include, but are not limited to, close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Come Serve local USMC Marines and recruits.
Give back to those who faithfully fight for your freedom!
Camp Parks Army Base - Dublin, CA (near the Dublin/Pleasanton BART stop)
All positions offer opportunities and training for growth and advancement
The Company offers the following to Full Time employees:
- Medical (Employee Only coverage plan at no cost to the employee )
- Dental (Employee Only coverage plan at no cost to the employee )
- Vision (Employee Only coverage plan at no cost to the employee )
- Life Insurance
Food Sanitation Specialist/Mess Attendant ($11.00 Per Hour)
Ensure proper cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen and dining facility in accordance with contract requirements. Clean all table tops, counters and window sills. Sweep and mop all dining facility and kitchen floors on a daily basis (waxing bi-weekly). Wash all pots, pans, utensils and kitchen equipment as needed. ServSafe certification required.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Duties Help
Initial Cut-Off Date: Monday, January 15, 2018 (Applications must be received by 11:59 PM EST) Applications received by the Initial Cut-Off Date will be reviewed and possibly referred to the Selecting Official PRIOR to the Closing Date of this Vacancy Announcement. Subsequent referrals to the Hiring Manager will occur as additional vacancies become available or at the request of the Hiring Manager. The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for Citizens and Non-Citizens that live within 30 miles commuting distance from West Point. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.) The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force. Recruitments from this vacancy announcement will be filled for the Army Community Recreation Division at Victor Constant Ski Area. Located in the scenic Hudson River Valley, only 50 miles from New York City, the U.S. Military Academy at West Point is a four-year academic institution, a nationally-renowned historic site, and the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point's 3,000 civilian employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theatre, the Hudson Valley's premier performing arts center, and recreational facilities such as an 18-hole Golf Course and Ski Slope. Learn more about this agency
1.Prepares hot cereals and concentrated or dehydrated soups, sauces, and gravies. Makes cold sandwich fillings. Sets up and replenishes salad bar. 2. Mixes ingredients according to precisely written recipes. 3. Operates a variety of kitchen equipment using gas, electricity, steam or microwave heat sources. 4. Follows established sanitation procedures when handling food and ensures foods are stored at the correct temperatures to prevent bacteria growth. For a more detailed description of this position's duties click here.
Travel Required Not required
Supervisory status No
4 ### Who May Apply
This job is open to
… US Citizens and Non-Citizens Questions? This job is open to 1 group. * #### Job family (Series) 7404 Cooking
Cooks, All Other
Conditions of Employment
Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position * A one year probationary period may be required
Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form or copy this URL to your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DRa/pdf/A3433Final.pdf). 2. A medical examination is required. 3. Must be available to work an irregular schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays. 4. Must complete food sanitation and safety training within the first thirty (30) days of employment and on an annual basis thereafter. . ### Qualifications 1. Work experience in preparing foods and cooking simple foods and short orders in a cafeteria, restaurant, or mess. This experience must be reflected on your resume to be considered eligible for this position. Demonstration of the following work behavior is desirable 1.Neatness and grooming 2.Dependability 3.Ability to work under pressure Skills and Knowledge Basic knowledge of food preparation methods and procedures. Skill to cook a limited variety of prepared foods or short order foods. Ability to read and understand written food service material, such as food labels, standardized recipes, and basic work instructions. Skill in performing basic mathematical computations to multiply ingredients in a recipe or to determine how many servings a container will hold. Knowledge of the various tables of weights and measures and ability to follow instructions to convert from standard to metric measurements. Skill in operating, disassembling and cleaning basic food service equipment such as griddles, broilers, and food grinders. Knowledge of basic sanitation, infection and spoilage control procedures. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening criteria and other characteristics. Knowledge and/or experience must be reflected on your resume to be considered eligible for this position. Highly Preferred:are individuals who possess minimum requirements and possess a valid driver's license. Presentation of valid identification will be required prior to appointment. Applicants meeting the Highly Preferred criteria will be referred first to the Selecting Official. All other applicants will be referred for consideration if the certificate (referral list) is returned with no selection. ### Education
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur. Read more
How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above
. Applicants can claim the following eligibilities: * NAF Preference
Involuntarily Separated From the Military * NAF Preference
Spouse Employment Preference (SEP) * NAF Priority Consideration
Business Based Action * NAF Priority Consideration
Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF) * NAF Priority Consideration
Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE) * NAF Priority Consideration
Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV) * NAF Priority Consideration
Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV) Read more
Background checks and security clearance
Security clearance Not Applicable
- Required Documents Help
The following documents must be submitted with your application: * Resume Optional: Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume (click hereto view form or copy this URL into your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DRa/pdf/A3433Final.pdf) The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference: * Cover Letter * DD-214 * DA 3433, DA 3434, Military Permanent Change of Station Orders, Marriage Certificate
Resume * SF-50 #### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Benefits A career with the U
.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits. Review our benefits Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply Help
How to Apply You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 2. Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. If applying manually, please bring your application package to the West Point NAF Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) located at: 626 Swift Road West Point, New York 10996 Monday through Friday (not open on Federal Holidays) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m. on the closing date of the announcement. Please note, that West Point has a restricted access policy and any person who chooses to personally deliver an application to the CPAC should bring along at least one photo identification and report to the West Point Visitor Center at least 30 minutes prior to attempting to visit the CPAC
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating. Read more
Agency contact information
West Point NAF Human Resources Office
845-938-2822 ##### Email email@example.com
-NAF-W6BMAA US ARMY GARRISON WEST POINT DO NOT MAIL West Point, NY US Learn more about this agency
Next steps Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met
. We appreciate your interest in this position! Read more
- Fair & Transparent
& Transparent The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race
, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants Read more
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate
. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits. Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events. You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency. Read more
Legal and regulatory guidance
Social security number request
Signature and false statements
New employee probationary period This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/487734600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered. Open & closing dates: 01/02/2018 to 12/31/2018 Salary: $12.64 to $14.75 per hour Most individuals will be brought in at the Step 1 rate of pay which is $12.64 per hour. Pay scale & grade: NA 4 Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type:* Intermittent
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron USA - Marine is accepting online applications for the position of Cook located on one of their US Flag fleet of vessels. The Sailors’ Union of the Pacific represents all unlicensed personnel employed on the Company’s US Flag seagoing vessels. The general guideline for vessel assignment length is 90 days for unlicensed personnel. Vacation will accrue at 24 days for each 30 days of work.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to: • Assist in all aspects of meal and food preparations, maintenance of salad bars, caring for and stocking of the mess rooms, assisting with meal service, washing and stowing of dishes and helping preserve a high level of sanitation in all steward department areas. • Must have knowledge in general culinary preparations such as: making composed salads, cooking vegetables and starches, basic baking skills, snack preparation and sandwich making. Must be able to accomplish these tasks with little supervision while upholding to high food sanitation and safety standards. • Must be able to understand and follow a recipe and have some knowledge of basic nutrition, raw ingredients and preparation techniques. • Assist and contribute in menu planning and recipe development • Assists in receiving and organization of stores, cleaning and maintaining the galley and associated spaces. • Must be able to prepare meals in the event the Steward is temporarily unable to attend to his/her duties.
Safety: • Participate in drills, emergency procedures and help guard the safe working practices of the vessel. • Active and positive participant in monthly safety meeting. • Points out unsafe acts or conditions to everyone on board. • Stops work if unsafe conditions or practices are uncovered. • Able to participate in an Emergency Response team. • Teamwork/Working With Others: • Effective in relating to others • Willing to assist others. • Works well under pressure. • Maintains an appropriate demeanor and appearance.
• Current USCG Merchant Mariner Documents with Food Handling and VPDSD endorsements • Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) • Basic Safety Training Certificates • Passport • ServSafe Food Handler Certification within six months of hiring • Good communication skills • Relevant experience and/or training in basic food service (non-fast food) Pre-employment screening consists of: • Physical examination, including DOT drug testing • Functional capacity evaluation • Background check
Relocation Options: Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
International Considerations: Expatriate assignments will not be considered. Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions: Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law
Cook / Line Cook / Prep Cook PRN
Medical City Frisco Cook / Line Cook / Prep Cook PRN The Cook / Line Cook / Prep Cook prepares daily hot food items for patient, staff and visitor meals including catering functions.
High school diploma/GED preferred
Minimum of 1 year experience in a high volume hotel, hospital, or restaurant
Job:Food Services & Nutrition
Title:Cook / Line Cook / Prep Cook PRN
Location:Texas-Frisco-Medical City Frisco
Food Service - Head Cook / Line Cook / Grill Cook
Directs and participates in the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods. May plan and price menu items, order supplies, and keep records and accounts. We are looking for someone who has experience cooking Mexican Food. (Menudo, guisados, brisket, tacos, burritos, etc.) Line cook experience is also required.
Must be a team player, and is able to work well with others.
This position has great growth potential!
Line Cook / Prep Cook / Cook (Full-Time)
Responsible for the preparation & plating of food according to our Club's recipes. Candidate should be well-versed in all areas of the kitchen, able to successfully fill-in as needed on any station and be very versatile and efficient. Candidates will be required to complete a Food Handlers Certification course. Prior kitchen experience working in a restaurant or club preferred. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Cook / Line Cook / Prep Cook
Cook / Line Cook / Prep Cook / Line Chef at Applebee's completes all assigned prep work and sets up cook s station.
Maintains product presentations, product quality and cook time standards.
Prepares all menu items according to Applebee s Recipes, Plate Presentations and specifications. Cook / Line Cook / Prep Cook is generally offered as part time restaurant job.
Full time opportunities are also available. Prior experience as cook, line cook, chef, prep cook, grill cook, fry cook, BOH, or other back of the house part time restaurant jobs highly desirable. Requirements/Responsibilities Cook / Line Cook / Prep Cook Physical:
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to employees, dining room staff, and guests. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to six (6) hours in length. Must have the ability to lift pots, pans, etc., up to 40 pounds in weight.
Must be able to read and write to facilitate communication. Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment. Prior experience as cook, line cook, chef, prep cook, grill cook, fry cook, BOH, or other back of the house part time restaurant jobs highly desirable
Restaurant - Line Cook / Grill Cook / Prep Cook
BallyhooGrill is seeking Line Cooks - Grill Cooks- Prep Cooks to join our dedicated kitchen staff! You will assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in our professional kitchen.
- Prepare all served food
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours
- Memorize, record, and comprehend menu items, abbreviations, plate appearance, and portions
- Follow standard recipes and special diet orders
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, utensils, and appliances
- 2 Years Previous Experience
- Knowledge of seafood cooking and handling
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and cooking techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in teams
Restaurant Line Cook / Line Cook / Fine Dining Cook
Summary of Position:
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment according to restaurants standardized recipes.
Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!