Cook Mexican Food Job Description Sample
Food Service Worker- Mexican Restaurant
LGC is currently hiring food service workers to work in a fast paced kitchen environment for a Mexican restaurant located in the Alamo Ranch area. This a team position including the duties of cashiering, food server, food prep, and clean-up.
No experience is required, we offer training!
Candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain Texas Food Handler's certification.
Bilingual applicants preferred.
Must have reliable transportation, this location is not close to a bus line.
Working weekends will be a requirement.
$9.00 to $10.00 /hour
Associated topics: cafeteria, cocinera, cocinero, cook, grill, line cook, meat cutter, persona de parilla, restaurant cook, wok cook
Restaurant Manager - Award Winning Mexican Restaurant
Popular Orange County Restaurant Group
We have been the place in the Orange County area that people can count on for a great meal and quality service. Our award winning Owners have made sure to pay attention to the little things, like the extra spice to make your entrée kick, and seek new ways to enhance our menu in our from-scratch kitchen. We also feature an award winning Bar Menu and outstanding drinks from our Mixologist. It's no wonder customers and critics have flocked to our restaurant and nominated us for several awards, including Best Restaurant in the County on multiple occasions. Our success in the community wouldn’t be possible without our dedicated customers along with our talented Management staff. At this time we're seeking a Restaurant Manager at our Irvine location!
Title of Position: Restaurant Manager
Job Description:Our Restaurant Manager will be responsible for all staffing, scheduling, and training needs of the restaurant. The ideal candidate will have excellent problem solving skills and will act as a brand ambassador and will lead the team by example, displaying outstanding customer service and leadership skills at all times. The Restaurant Manager will be responsible for the execution of all company policies and procedures and achievement of the restaurant’s financial goals.
- At least 2-3 years of current Full Service or Upscale Casual Restaurant Manager experience
- High volume experience; must have background managing restaurants doing over $3 million in sales per year
- Ability to increase sales and build rapport in the community
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Hands-on with hiring, training, and developing hourly employees
- Excellent work ethic and drive to succeed
- Restaurant Manager candidates must be proficient with financials (P&L's, inventory, food/labor cost, etc.)
Apply Now - Restaurant Manager located in Irvine, California!
Food Service - Head Cook / Line Cook / Grill Cook
Directs and participates in the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods. May plan and price menu items, order supplies, and keep records and accounts. We are looking for someone who has experience cooking Mexican Food. (Menudo, guisados, brisket, tacos, burritos, etc.) Line cook experience is also required.
Must be a team player, and is able to work well with others.
This position has great growth potential!
General Manager - Lime Fresh Mexican Grill
The General Manager is responsible for total operations of a single Lime Fresh Mexican Grill restaurant including building sales and all other aspects of profit and loss, hiring and training of both management and hourly team, daily execution of safety/sanitation, quality food preparation and guest service. Responsible for communicating and administering all company policies and procedures.
- Medical & dental insurance
- Bi-monthly bonus opportunity
- Paid time off
Ensure Lime “culture” is alive, well and thriving in the restaurant, and is supporting our core values of honor, integrity, seeking knowledge and having fun.
Ensure a positive environment that is safe and free of any hostility.
Responsible for reporting any significant issues (including but not limited to employee, guest, vendor, property management, etc.).
Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Ensure all food safety standards are adhered to at all times, including food specifications, preparation, presentation and procedures.
Ensure sales and budgets are accurately forecast and goals are set and communicated with management team.
Hold management team accountable of meeting or exceeding all sales and profit goals through leadership and well communicated expectations.
Build sales and brand awareness through operational excellence and local marketing.
Maintain equipment according to Standard Operating Procedures and immediately report needed repairs to District Manager.
Manage all restaurant operations including scheduling, training, planning and forecasting, while upholding and championing standard, product quality and cleanliness.
Optimize profit by ensuring that labor is scheduled efficiently and food and supplies are ordered to maintain appropriate inventory.
Exemplify and recognize acts of leadership and quality to ensure 100% Guest satisfaction.
Exercise good judgment and decision making in escalating concerns and aggressively resolve issues.
Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
Maintain adequate staffing levels through proactive recruitment, hiring and continued development of management team and staff. Responsible for the selection, onboarding and retention of Team Members through motivation, recognition, coaching and development.
Conduct bi-annual performance appraisals for both management team and hourly team members.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICIATIONS & SKILLS:
HS degree or equivalent preferred.
Minimum 3 years’ Management experience in both front and back of house restaurant operations, including service, food and beverage, and profit and loss.
Food Protection Manager Certification required.
Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register and POS system.
Excellent organization and time management skills.
Ability to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of the restaurant’s trading area, as well as communicate effectively with all organizational levels of Salsa Management.
Be at least 21 years of age.
Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level, including delivery when needed.
Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operate phones, computers, fax machines/copiers, and other office equipment.
Must be flexible and have the stamina to work up to 50-60 hours per week.
Bilingual Key Account Manager - Wholesale Mexican Grocery
Job Title: BilingualKey Account Manager - Wholesale Grocery Products
Job Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Status: Full Time
Pay Rate: $55,000 annually plus bonuses
Established over 60 years ago, our company has a proven track record of wholesale Mexican grocery distribution. We are now expanding into the United States and are looking for a tenacious, creative, and charismatic Salesperson to join our team as a Key Account Manager. While the Key Account Manager does not currently have direct reports, we expect the person in the role will grow with the company as business grows and take on a leadership role in the future.
· Develop business by prospecting clients through cold calling, in-person meetings, and various marketing sales initiatives
· Meet and secure sales with clients in the following industries: Mexican/Latino grocery stores, restaurants, corner stores, hospitals, schools, etc.
· Achieve sales goals as set by the company
· Provide exceptional customer service by consistently exceeding customer expectations and providing solutions
· Make decisions with minimal direction, using solid judgment
· Analyze, organize, and present data such as cost analysis, vendor capabilities, budgeting, product demand, client needs, etc.
· Minimum 4 years sales/account/vendor experience relating to Mexican/Latino supermarkets and products
· Must be fluent in Spanish and English
· Customer/client sales portfolio preferred
Keywords: Account Executive, Account Manager, Outside Sales, Outside Sales Representative, Sales, Sales Consultant, Sales Director, Sales Rep, Sales Representative, Salesman, Bilingual Account Manager, Wholesale Distribution, Vendor Relationship Manager, Sales Development, Business Development
We are a full-service employment agency with more than 7 years connecting businesses with premium talent. Our recruiting team provides companies with custom tailored solutions that provide the best in flexible labor programs. No need to look further, join our growing agency today and launch your career to new heights!
Food Service / Restaurant - Bartender / Server / Cook / Prep
Hard Working, Dedicated, Committed and Experienced Staff is now being hired and on-boarded for all Restaurant Positions at Twister Street Tacos LLC and in Richardson, TX. Only experienced candidates will be considered. Must have Food Handlers Certification as well as TABC Cards and meet all hiring criteria. Including high volume restaurants with creative food and beverage programs.
Job Type: Full-time
- high volume, fast paced restaurant: 3 years
- strong reference checks for job history can be verified with previous: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- TABC, Food Handlers Certificate
Food And Nutrition Services Worker / Dishwasher / Cashier / Food Runner / Prep Cook PRN
Medical City Frisco Food and Nutrition Services Worker / Dishwasher / Cashier / Food Runner / Prep Cook PRN The Food and Nutrition Services Worker / Dishwasher / Cashier / Food Runner / Prep Cook routinely performs assigned duties in one or more of the following areas: Dish Room, Pots, Porter, Tray Line Support, Late Tray Delivery, Cashier, Cafeteria Server, Cold Production, Catering, Storeroom Clerk, Grill Cook, Floor Stock Attendant.
Serves food to customers, patients and guests
Prepares food according to production needs
Stocks refrigerators, steam tables, and storage areas with needed supplies
Functions as a member of the Food & Nutrition Services Team
May work in Café, Catering, Storeroom, Patient Trayline, Dishroom or Cold Production
High School Diploma/GED preferred
Food Handlers Certificate (or must obtain within 30 days hire)
Prior food service experience
Job:Food Services & Nutrition
Title:Food and Nutrition Services Worker / Dishwasher / Cashier / Food Runner / Prep Cook PRN
Location:Texas-Frisco-Medical City Frisco
Food Service - Sous Chef / Line Cook / Prep Cook
We are seeking a Sous Chef, Line Cook, Prep Cook to join our restaurant family! We are looking to hire for both our lunch and dinner service. We are interested in passionate, creative and committed applicants who are willing to grow with us and be part of one of South Shore's leading destination restaurants. We always look to promote from within and pride ourselves on the longevity of our staff members.
- Oversee day-to-day culinary operations
- Coordinate food and kitchenware orders
- Check freshness and quality of ingredients
- Assist in the development of menu items
- Standardize recipes and plate presentations
- Work with management to create a memorable experience for guests
- Previous experience in culinary arts, cooking, or other related fields
- Knowledge of cost and labor systems
- Passion for food and cooking techniques
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Restaurant / Food Service - Cook / Cashier / Manager / Prep Cook
Eating out at a favorite restaurant should be affordable & never boring. Here at Cubby's, we agree! We say "Yes & Yes!" to healthy and hearty. We say "Yes & Yes!" to quality and affordability. And we say "Yes & Yes!" to you, whoever you are! We like motivated, hard-working people. That’s our type. We’re not worried about your looks or backstory, as long as you’re ready to show up and show us what you’ve got. If you've got purple hair and show up ready to work, we say "Yes and Yes!"
We are hiring part time and full time positions for our South Jordan location. We are looking for Assistant Managers, Cooks, Cashiers, Dishwasher, Prep Cooks, and Line Help. Come if you are ready to be challenged in a high energy, fast-paced, yet fun and supportive environment.
What you should bring to the table:
1. Be 16 years or older
2. Current Food Handler's Permit
3. Food experience preferred, but if you're awesome we'll train you
4. You like to have fun. Fun is non-negotiable.
What we bring to the table:
1. Competitive pay with regular raises
2. We promote from within! A manager position might not be too far away if you want it.
3. Awesome company parties
4. Discounted meals
Food Service / Restaurant - Cook / Fry Cook
We are seeking a Cook/Fry Cook to join our dedicated kitchen staff! You will assist in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals in our professional kitchen.
- Prepare all served food
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours
- Memorize, record, and comprehend menu items, abbreviations, plate appearance, and portions
- Follow standard recipes and special diet orders
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Clean and maintain kitchen equipment, utensils, and appliances
- Previous experience in cooking, culinary arts, or other related fields
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and cooking techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in teams:
*$10 hour starting pay, $10.50 after 30 days, $11 after 90 days (must be able to work any shift, days or nights, weekdays or weekends, must be willing to cross train)
*Free Meal during shift
Please apply in person at 19820 Castle Creek Drive, or send a private facebook message on our Stoll's Country Inn Facebook page. No Phone calls please. Compensation will not be discussed on the phone. Starting wages will only be discussed during interviews.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!