Copy Lathe Tender Job Description Sample
Bridge Tender (219837-021)
To assist with the maintenance of all bridges, trestles, and buildings, concrete foundations, retaining walls; and to ensure a safe environment in and around all structures and walkways. The position will also assist sheet metal workers and scale inspectors with maintenance of motion scales.
18 years of age or older.
High School diploma or GED required
Possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Available to work system-wide, extended and frequent travel required
Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English.
Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Available to work a 40 hour work week subject to overtime, on-call and alternate shifts that may include weeknights, weekends and holidays.
Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
Must have requisite color vision acuity
Possess a valid state-issued driver's license
Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling.
Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb ladders and on/off equipment as well as perform scaffolding while suspended from a bridge.
Able to work in conditions that include loud noise and fumes, work on and around heavy and moving machinery, bend, lift, work, walk, stand and sit in confined spaces for extended periods of time and use hand and power tools.
Follow safety policies and procedures and wear the required personal protective equipment required for the job in a safe manner.
- Prior railroad experience is preferred
Duties are not limited to the general maintenance of the bridge such as greasing bridge, maintaining navigational lights, replacing broken or missing bolts and inspection of bridge should it be struck by river vessels.
Monitor and perform machine maintenance duties.
Able to use hand and power tools.
Manual labor in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions.
Monday thru Friday 8 hours a day (7:00AM TO 3:30PM) half hour lunch.
Bridge Mechanic is subject to call out 24 hours 7 days a week including weekends and holidays when necessary.
Must be able to react to a one hour call time to open the bridge.
Inspects timber to detect decay or defects.
Measures, cuts, and replaces timber in bridges and platforms.
Bores holes in timber and secures it with nuts and bolts.
Replaces defective bridge ties, supporting track on bridge, removes and replaces spikes, drift pins and other fastening devices.
Replaces rails and/or assist section crew in rail replacement.
Surfaces approach tracks in conjunction with bridge work, and/or advises supervising employee of needed repair.
Studies blueprints, building plans, or sketches for information pertaining to type of material required, and dimensions of structure to be fabricated.
Lays out work, marks cutting and assembly lines, assembles, cuts, and shapes materials, fastens together.
Erects framework for structure, verifies trueness and lays subflooring, builds stairs, lay out and install partitions and cabinet work.
Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
Applies a variety of roofs/roofing materials including: hot or cold application, shingles, and corrugated sheets.
Paints inside and outside of buildings.
Works from sketch or advice from foreman to construct wooden concrete forms for footings, bases, walls, abutments, and other new and replacement concrete items.
Lays concrete blocks and other masonry items, forms, pours and finishes concrete surfaces according to specifications, performs a combination of concrete work tasks in the construction, maintenance, and repair of tunnels and culverts.
Digs or grades site area and positions forms.
Assists in driving concrete, steel and timber piling, assists in positioning and setting heavy concrete or steel spans.
Sets up hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural steel members, signals hoisting equipment operator to lift and place steel member, verifies vertical and horizontal alignment, bolts aligned members together until they can be permanently riveted, bolted, or welded in place.
Maintains a constant lookout for defects on passing trains and debris on tracks.
Cuts and welds steel members to make alterations.
Receives direction on work procedures, information, instructions and explanation of rules and regulations from supervisor, dispatcher and coworkers by radio, telephone and in person concerning job assignment, job progress, train movement, and emergency conditions.
Coordinates work with coworkers where effectiveness and safety depends on understanding others.
Receives instructions or information from engineer's instruction book, specific job specification sheets, posted bulletin boards, or miscellaneous memoranda.
Advises supervisor regarding disruptions or difficulties, also provides routine oral status or progress reports.
May operate a variety of equipment and machines in the performance of work such as rock drill, crane, pile hammer, jack hammer, rivet buster, rivet hammer, earth compactor, concrete breaker, chain saw, air drill, electric drill, electric hand saw, pneumatic spike driver, pavement compactor, crow-bar, spike maul, T-wrench, alignment bar, claw bar, track jack, bridge jack, etc.
Follows regulations and rules, such as safety rules, operating rules and regulations.
Monthly union dues will be deducted from the employee's paycheck.
The duties, responsibilities and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general guidelines do not constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential duties of the position. In addition, these general guidelines bear no relation to, nor are they intended to modify or conflict with, any collective bargaining agreement provision. Questions about the collective bargaining agreement, if any, governing the position described herein should be directed to the appropriate union organization.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Lathe Mill Machinist
San Diego, CA
Contract to Hire
$20 - $25
Primary duties of the Lathe Mill Machinist is to set-up, verify, and operate CNC Lathes to machine complex parts to customer requirements & scheduling.
· Set-up of CNC Lathe including calibration of cutting tools and location of work offsets for single and multiple part production.
· Verification of CNC programs and, when required, operation of manual mills and lathes.
· Completion of all applicable paperwork (ISO 9001:2008 standards).
· Dimensional and visual inspections for first piece and in-process manufacturing.
· Programming of lathe
· Maintaining cleanliness of the work area and proper handling of tools, equipment, and stock.
· 3-5 years CNC manufacturing & machining experience.
· Must have sound knowledge of feeds and speeds
· Must work to close tolerances.
· Must be proficient with complicated prints.
· Familiar with CNC programming codes.
· Must be able to follow written instructions and to work with little supervision.
· Must have sufficient English communication skills to understand verbal and written instructions, communicate with other employees, and follow directions
· Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
· Must have own standard CNC machinist tools.
· Report to work on time daily / O.T. may be required
CNC Lathe Operator - 1St Shift
- Maintain the highest level of quality control per ISO standards
- Troubleshoot machine and tooling problems to keep scrap and rework to a minimum
- Perform inspections with required tools per the IPI
- Set up and operate conventional, special purpose and numerical control machines and machining centers
- Study prints, sketches and drawing, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished piecework
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed coolant flow, and depth of angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve , input, or editcomputerized machine control media as required
- Adjust the machines to the speed
- Change tools as required or directed
- Communicate problems to the shift supervisor and/or machinists from other shifts
- Record job issues on the Production Control form
- Complete Job Cards daily for all work performed
- Perform program off sets as required
- Maintain and secure work tools per our tool requirements
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on machinery
- Clean and maintain work area
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use when applicable
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certificate or Degree from a trade school a plus
- Basic reading, writing, and some advanced arithmetic skills required
- Experience using one or more of the following tools: lathe, milling machine, drill press, and vertical/horizontal cut off saw
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and routing
- Knowledge of Geometric tolerances
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
- Advanced skills (Journeyman level) require programming knowledge
- Job setting experience
- Ability to lift 50 lbs frequently
Roll Tender A Crew
Load rolls of paper onto automatic splicing unit of web offset printing press. Inspect rolls of paper for blemishes or tears and cuts away damaged area with knife. Roll paper into loading position on automatic splicer, insert shaft of automatic splicer through roll core, secure holding chucks of automatic splicer to shaft ends, and thread paper through press components to prepare press for printing. Apply adhesive strip to backup roll and insert backup roll onto automatic splicing unit of press to prepare paper for automatic splicing. Remove roll of leftover paper from press after automatic splicing. May operate mechanical truck to transport rolls of paper to press area. May assist with some of the make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as hanging plates, examining plates, prepping and installing blankets, adjusting tension etc. May clean press and clean and install press components to maintain press in working order. May prepare and Prepares and loads flat stock into a sheet fed press.
Requires general knowledge of offset presswork procedures and materials.
Ability to read and follow job specifications to determine materials needed to run the job successfully.
Ability to make adjustments to auto splicer.
Knowledge to load paper and prepare slice for continuous operation of the press.
Knowledge of materials and requirements for press.
Job requires ability to exert in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Ventilation Equipment Tender (3881)
VENTILATION EQUIPMENT TENDER
This incumbent tends ventilating and heating equipment, such as fans, vacuum pumps, air compressors, vents and ducts, and lubrication-oil coolers used in buildings or industrial processes; adjusts valves to regulate temperature of lubrication oil and flow of water through system, moves controls to regulate speed of fans, adjust vents and ducts, records gauge readings, and repairs completed, and time lost because of inoperative equipment. This worker writes repair work order tickets and out-of-order tags preparatory to equipment repair, inspects equipment to detect excessive noise and heat, replaces gauges and tightens and chalks leaky fittings, using wrenches, hammers, and chalking tool, cleans carbon deposits, pitch, and grease from fans, vents and ducts, using scrapers, hammer, and compressed air or steam.
Full Knowledge of the job. Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of general aspects of the job with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
MIN EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years of related experience. Certification in assigned area may be required.
This Job Description Form represents a summary of the job duties for this position under the SCA Directory of Occupations. If additional site specific duties or qualifications exist, these may be found on the Position Detail Form held at the Project.
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Stages rolls of paper at the back of the press using air activated roll pusher, will use clamp truck to move rolls into final position.
Hangs roll of paper on printing press and splices them together to ensure continuous operation.
Reads and understands job jacket to ensure production is run according to specification.
Performs machine make-ready to set it up to run proper production.
Performs quality checks according to established procedures to ensure all Quality Standards (Color matches and Registration) are being met. Makes necessary adjustments to Press and other elements of the process as needed.
Records and maintains data related to downtime, including amount of time, reason for downtime, and actions to correct problem
Performs machine trouble shooting and makes adjustments to correct quality or efficiency problems related to machine set up or mechanical defect.
Keeps all waste and scrap within company guidelines.
Assist in training of new employees and directing the daily duties of subordinates.
Ensures correct inks are in place and are changed out when necessary
Assist in removal of W.I.P pallets from press.
Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
Basic understanding of Machinery (Hydraulics and Pneumatics). Ability to use hand tools to remove, install, and adjust parts of machine.
Ability to perform simple calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and applies good mathematical reasoning.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to be detail oriented.
Participates in routine BBS/PBS activates as required.
Positive work attitude and willingness to cooperate.
Required to stand to perform all duties of the job.
Pushing/moving of raw material and equipment required. Weight range will be from 100 to 2000 lbs.
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
CNC Lathe Machinist
CNC Machinists for multiple shifts and departments, eager to work and learn in a fast paced environment. We are looking for Machinists with experience in any of the following, Bridge CNC Mills, Vertical CNC Mills, and Multi Axis Lathes. Experience in multiple disciplines is a plus.
CNC Lathe Operator
Our client is primarily seeking candidates with CNC lathe experience, interested in night shift but will accept non-lathe experience as well.
This position is responsible for setting up and operating various types and sizes of production machine tools in the machining of forgings or stock to customer requirements and specifications using a variety of cutting tools. Position must be able to use hand tools, measuring instruments, and gauges to insure proper setups and machining operations.
- Completion of production Machine Operator Training Program, or 3-5 years of previous machinist experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and resolve difficult problems effectively and implement long term solutions
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Position responsibilities include:
- Receives work instructions, operation sheets, setup sheets, 1st piece, in-process check sheets, from department supervision.
- Sets up production machine units of various types and sizes by inserting necessary tooling, fixtures, etc.
- Reads and interprets dimensions drawings, sketches, tool setup sheets and manufacturing instructions in performing required machining operation and setups.
- Operates various types of production machine in the machining of forgings made from various types of metal.
- Loads and unloads pieces manually or with hoist. Sets feeds and speed on machine from manufacturing instruction sheets. Applies coolant lubricant and changes worn or damaged tools as required.
- Uses precision or standard measuring devices such as scales inside and outside micrometers, dial indicators, Vernier scales, fixed frame gauges or special gauges, profile meters, etc. to check machined dimensions and surface finishes conforming to customer prints and/or specifications.
- Other activities as assigned by management.
Assembly Line Tender - (36059)
Job Purpose: Provide material and components to the assembly lines throughout the day to complete runs/work orders. Perform changeovers as needed based on demands of what needs to be made for that day.
Nature of Duties:
Obtain information from "Assembly Live Production" board, Supervisor or Lead on what is running for the day or what needs to be set up next.
Walk through to ensure all lines are stocked with supplies needed for the next 2 hours unless the run is coming to an end.
Inform Boxmaker and Lead of any shortages in parts, prior to running out of components.
Remove and return all paperwork, LF stickers, product and components that are not needed for the next run.
Maintain a clean work area.
Clear warehouse racks of all empty skids, ropes, and shrink wrap and clean as needed.
Collect all chip boards throughout the day and bring to location in Warehouse.
Stay actively engaged in shift.
Assist in counting and documenting scrap on scrap sheets with Leads
Help out Assembly Lines if all above actions are complete.
Perform other tasks as directed by Supervisor.
If unsure about something ask Supervisor or Lead.
Education and Experience:
Prefer High School or HSED graduate. Prefer 2+ year's previous operator experience or equivalent machine knowledge and skills. The ideal candidate will have good attendance, good reading comprehension, good written and verbal communication, good time management and organizational skills, constructive problem solving skills, and be self motivated.
- JOB FAIR- BEST WESTERN - SOUTH LIMIT, SEDALIA, MO. 65301 - 11/16/18- 2 PM TO 8 PM AND 11/17/18 8 AM TO 4 PM
- STOP BY 1500 WATERLOO DRIVE - MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 9 AM TO 4 PM TO COMPLETE APPLICATION AND LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR POSITIONS.
For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done—and we have since 1843.
You repair your home and car with the tools we provide. Your car and your phone are secured with our fasteners. The things you value most can be protected by our security systems. And the roads you drive on, the bridges you cross, the energy you consume, all of these most likely came to you via one of our infrastructure systems.
We join forces to bring together the best of the best to create practical, meaningful products and services that make life easier—empowering people to do better, safer, more significant work. Innovation and excellence have powered our success, but we know there's more we can do for the world and those who make it. Across our businesses, we're investing in breakthrough innovation and digital excellence, striving for outperformance and increasing our focus on social responsibility.
We define success as: delivering value to our customers, colleagues and communities. Our commitment to quality, safety and sustainability helps us on our path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while helping to make the world better
Position SummaryThe Machine Tender position operates automatic production machines and equipment that machine, stamp, weld or form production parts, according to specifications and machine operating instructions.Essential Functions
Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
Operators shall be completely capable of controlling the required dimensions by use of such jigs and fixtures as furnished.
Performs automated machine operations, material supply fulfillment along with satisfactory performance requirements.
Capable of performing said operations to close tolerances and shall inspect the parts for conformity to quality standards as established for the department as a whole. Inspection is to include component defects and operation of all working parts.
The Machine Tender shall be capable of working from drawings and/or blueprints and possess the necessary knowledge of measuring instruments needed.
Take an active role in caring for the equipment to prevent breakdowns and defects and help increase overall equipment efficiency through 5S, TPM (total productive maintenance), and other Lean Manufacturing initiatives directed by the Sedalia site.
Additional responsibilities include good housekeeping and other assignments as directed by the Supervisor.
The Machine Tender shall be able to work overtime as requested and posted by management.
Dependability & Reliability
InitiativeQualificationsBasic computer knowledge
Good manual dexterity
Ability to read instructions represented in manuals, drawings, schematics etc. and follow them with precision
Good understanding of quality control principles
Good communication skills (verbal and written)
Experience and ability in using hand tools
Age 18 years or older
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!