Corduroy Cutter Operator Job Description Sample
Bindery Operator / Cutter Operator
Bindery Operator / Cutter Operator Tracking Code 37751 Job Description Set up, adjust and operate a variety of auxiliary binding machines containing several cutting heads, control surfaces or other attachments (i.e. inkjet and mailing devices, case making & decorating equipment, folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines and/or set up automatic bindery machines containing multiple functions and station capabilities (power paper cutters, power collators and gatherers, power folders, power speed binder) which can be electromechanically combined with other equipment and devices to produce a complete bindery and finishing unit that processes printed sheets into final books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines or other completed products. Inspect equipment for safety issues.
May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs. Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work stations on a single machine. Direct crew though all aspects of production.
Monitor quality, output and productivity. Required Skills General knowledge of the more complex bindery machines (i.e. fully automatic binding machines (perfect binders), multiple station collators and multiple folding units, either individually or combined) to perform the full range of standard and specialized folds of printed materials. Thorough knowledge of the set up, operating requirements, procedures, capabilities and limitations of one or more bindery machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized folding, collating and cutting of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product.
Ability to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing bindery requirements which indicate the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and to maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided; independently makes decisions on the type of equipment to be used. Knowledge of the quality and machining requirements of various coated and uncoated types of paper stock. Skill in setting up and adjusting machines for finishing operations and to refine such adjustments for the weight, color, machinability and quality of paper stock being used and to prevent machining impressions on the printed materials.
Must be able to calculate distances, clearances, and fits in combining machines. Skill in using the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines. Required Experience Bindery Operator experience in a cutter operator role.
Knowledge of bindery/finishing operations. Job Location Smyrna, Tennessee, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Employee Referral Bonus eligible No
Die Cutter Operator
Our Commercial Specialty team specializes in creative, innovative print solutions that set our customers’ marketing materials apart from the competition. From initial concept through delivery, we create stand-out print materials that delight and engage the target audience, increase response rates and amplify our customers’ brand.
Job Description Quad/Graphics is looking for a Die Cutter Operator for the Woburn, MA location. The Die Cutter Machine Operator efficiently performs set-up and operates machines that die cut blank and/or pre-printed stock.
Responsibilities include confirmation of accuracy and completeness of order, dies, set-up and installation, paper stock, and the load and feed of paper, and the effectiveness and accuracy of cutting, staging completed work per instructions, and area maintenance. This position starts on nights and will work a 12 hour shift on a 223 schedule. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to: • Follow all Company policies, procedures and guidelines as well as take actions that support team work, safety, contamination control, efficiency and good housekeeping. • Know and abide by all Standard Operating Procedures. • Follow the pre-production, make ready, and production run tasks. • Operate powered equipment • Occasionally train workers on the Die Cutting Machine operations, including the feeding and take off functions. • Ensure the work area is clean, and that non-conforming, over-runs, and/or waste are delivered to the appropriate repository. • Cross-train as assigned • Follow and adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment rules and regulations • Perform other responsibilities as assigned
• Possess a High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent education and/or training • Be able to perform work related math functions (which includes the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide) • Be familiar with production and processing • Have sufficient skill and experience with troubleshooting • Must be able to multi-task • Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally • Have the ability to stand long hours, stop, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb and use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement • Good verbal and written comprehension, with ability to receive and follow instructions • Ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k) and profit sharing plans, holidays, vacations and more. Equal Opportunity Employer Drug Free Workplace
Cutter Operator (Paper)
Set up, operate and maintain a machine to cut paper stock preparatory to binding or folding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review specifications to determine page sequence, type of fold and page or sheet size.
- Measure from edge of sheet using scale to determine incremental cutting positions from guide.
- Enter cutting positions in proper order into computer memory.
- Remove sheets of printed or unprinted paper stackfrom the load and place them on the cutter bed. Jog and align sheets against the cutter guide in preparation for cutting.
- Activate computer to move sheets into first cut position. Activate double hand switches to begin cutting operation.
- Examine cut material for any imperfections and adjust computer program as needed.
- Remove finished or pre-finished material from the cutter bed and stack on pallets for shipment to the customer or next operation.
- Record job information on load tags and time sheets.
- Change knives and lubricate as needed as recommended by manufacturers specifications.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, WORKING CONDITIONS
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions, Job Jackets, press imposition and rule-up sheets.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Must have basic electronic and computer keyboard knowledge.
- Stand and walk 95% of the time. (Safety shoes required. Company participates in cost.)
- Extensive lifting and bending actions.
- Physically capable of lifting to 75lbs. (Back braces provided upon request.)
- Manufacturing environment with noise exposure to varying levels. (Hearing protection provided.)
- Ability to direct fellow crew members in the overall operation involved in the job.
- Reports to the Bindery Supervisor.
- Supervises Bindery Helpers working on the cutter.
- Internal contacts include other Operators, Bindery Helpers, Bindery Supervisor, Bindery Superintendent, Press and Prep designees, and Customer Service personnel.
Throughout our 44 years in business, James Printing has remained true to one mission: to help customers achieve their print and graphic arts goals while delivering an “extreme” level of customer service on each and every job. We pride ourselves on paying close attention to even the smallest details, regardless of a project’s run size or complexity, to ensure the finished print piece meets or exceeds expectations and delivers tangible business results.
We are committed to maintaining an unwavering commitment to the standards and principles established by our founder, Roger James. These ideals include:
Transparency and Consistency
Honesty and Integrity
Providing Best-In-Class Printing at a Fair Price
He believed that only by getting to know each customer’s unique needs could we help find ways to help them achieve their goals. That’s why we’re proud to have customer and vendor relationships established in our early years that continue to flourish today.
Even as the printing industry changes and technology evolves, James Printing continues to grow by helping customers find new and innovative ways to grow their businesses. Our leadership team would like to thank the many employees, vendors, clients and friends who’ve supported James Printing in becoming Kansas City’s most trusted full-service printer.
Ultimately, our goal is to deliver exceptional service and advanced print solutions for the best possible price. If you have questions or need assistance in making your next project a reality, our dedicated team of account execs, customer service reps, and printing and fulfillment experts can help.
Polar Cutter Operator
SVS Group has 2 openings for a Polar Cutter Operator in the Tempe area working for a large digital print company. Both position as long term contract/ full time opportunities. Both are Monday- Friday 7am- 4pm shifts. Must be flexible to work over time as needed.
Under the direction of the Bindery Manager, cutting operations & folding to customer specifications. Assist in the training of other operators and finishing associates/helpers.
· Read and understand the job ticket and other specifications of an assigned job and communicate these job requirements and any potential problems to Manager and/or finishing associates/helpers.
· Setup and operate MBO folder and attachments and program Polar Cutter.
· Performs process and minor mechanical related trouble-shooting and correction.
· Monitors production and quality throughout entire run.
· Obtain approval from Manager prior to running the project.
· Understand customer packaging specifications.
· Run customer copies; pull and save samples.
· Pack skids per instructions.
· Operates other finishing equipment as required based upon production needs.
· Conduct preventative maintenance of machinery.
· Understand and enforce safety procedures regarding the operation of the equipment and the organizational policies.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience - pay is depending on experience
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screen.
Die Cutter Machine Operator
Diecutter Machine Operator
Temp, Temp-to-Hire, Or Direct
Temp to perm
Shift WITH HOURS
2nd shift 3:00-11pm—M-F
Machine operator will have at 1 year experience in operating a Diecut Machine. Bobst cutter which is used in the corrugated industry. The candidate does not have to know this exact equipment but would be a plus if they do but must have diecut machine operator experience.
--Must be able to speak, read and write English
--Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
--Must know how to operate a diecut machine.
$14-$16 depending on experience.
known companies in and around New England. We place general and skilled
labor positions as well as management, administrative and everything in
between, bridging the gap between local business staffing needs and the
community's best talent.
What separates us from the rest?
We are so much more than a staffing firm! Wicked Staffing Solutions blends
over 30 years of extensive staffing experience with current and relevant
knowledge of technology, industry trends, up-to-date legal and safety
information and, -most importantly-enthusiasm, energy and pride in our
New England roots and industrial heritage!
Cutter Machine Operator
A well established and growing national packaging manufacturer is currently looking to expand the production staff. The slitter operator position will be setting up and running a slitter.
This is a full-time, permanent position which offers a comprehensive benefits package once the probationary period has been completed. The work environment is extremely clean and follows sanitary regulations because the packaging product is used within the food industry.
This position will be for 3rd shift 10:45pm-7:15 am .Candidates must be flexible to work overtime when needed.
The starting pay rate is $15.00-$17.00 hour based on experience.
> Set the slitter up to order specifications
> Run slitter based on quality restrictions
> Weight and wrap all finished product from slitter and from the press department
> Properly fill out paperwork for slitter production
> Perform any required preventive maintenance
Qualified candidates should have at least 1 year of steady work history within a manufacturing environment. The preferred manufacturing experience would be in printing, packaging for food processing. Candidates should have a solid mechanical aptitude, comfortable working with hand tools & power tools, and the ability accept training that can sometime be complicated.
The physical requirements for this position include the following:
> Frequently lift up to 75 lbs 3-5 times per hour
> Regularly stand, walk, reach, and kneel
Other essentials skills:
> Solid mathematical aptitude
> Mechanical aptitude
> Good vision to determine changes in colors
> Ability to communicate, both written and verbal in English
Interviews to be scheduled immediately.
Bindery Operator (Folder & Cutter Operator)
BINDERY OPERATOR (FOLDER & CUTTER OPERATOR)
Set-up, operate and maintain Stahl folders &
Polar CutterDuties &
and align sheets against the cutter guide in preparation for cutting.
customer or next operation.
Skills, Abilities, Working Conditions:
upkeep and operation of unit.
Bindery Cutter And Folder Operator
BINDERY CUTTER & FOLDER OPERATOR
Watkins Lithographic, an award winning printing company, has an immediate opening for enthusiastic full-time professionals to join our team. WE OFFER A COMPETITIVE SALARY! Benefits include: Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage, Paid Holidays and Vacations, 401 (K) Plan with Company Match,
Job Description Summary
Set-up and operate machines that perform some or all of the following functions in order to produce magazines, pamphlets, catalogs, and other printed materials: Gathering, folding, cutting, padding, trimming and packaging.
Successful candidates for the Bindery Folder and Cutter positions:
· Must be hard working, organized, detail oriented, and self motivated
· Must be computer literate and fast learner
· Have ability to perform general maintenance on bindery equipment to ensure accuracy on jobs.
· Make suggestions to improve production process
· Communicate effectively with Bindery Manager
Bobst Die Cutter Machine Operator
We are seeking a Bobst Die Cutter Machine Operator to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- clean and lubricate cutting or slicing machine to maintain to equipment in a working order.
- Measure cut scored materials for conformity using tape measure
- Adjust machine controls to positon and align as needed
- select and install machine components , such as cutting dies and templates
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- Previous Die Cutting Machine Operator , 1 year or more
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
We are an award winning staffing firm for one simple reason, we make it a point to understand you and your career goals as your career advocate.
At Hire Dynamics, you are more than just a resume or skill set, you are an individual. We get to know you as a person, your unique needs, interests and aspirations, and match you with the ideal opportunity.
We provide opportunities to be recognized for your contributions.
Some staffing firms focus on filling job orders. We focus on you. We will provide opportunities for growth, recognition and help you achieve your career goals!
Plasma Cutter Operator
We are seeking a Plasma Cutter Operator to become an integral part of our team! The Plasma Cutter Operator will use specialized equipment to weld and assemble new metal forms.
- Manufacture and fabricate finished metal products
- Install and repair various equipment and components
- Follow blueprints to meet product specifications
- Calculate material measurements to verify specifications
- Conduct tests to evaluate weld quality and tolerance
- Previous experience in Plasma Cutting, manufacturing, or other related fields
- Familiarity with Plasma Cutting tools and procedures
- Familiarity with engineering blueprints and schematics
- Ability to handle physical workload
As one of the largest custom and diverse precision machine/fabrication shops in the southeast, CBM offers a full line of CNC Milling, CNC Turning, fabrication, welding, painting, sandblasting, assembly, and repair services for large parts. Our facility includes 22 overhead cranes with a lifting capacity of up to 100,000 lbs. CBM currently operates 20 hours per day to accommodate our customers needs. CBM is ISO 9001:2008 certified, and woman owned!
Our highly trained staff of Engineers, Machinists, Painters, Quality Technicians, Assembly Technicians, and Fabrication Specialists will ensure that our customer specifications and expectations are met and exceeded. Our engineering department is capable of reverse engineering parts, and creating CAD drawings upon request. CBMs chief objective is to provide quality parts promptly to the leading manufacturers of North America!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!