Coremaker Apprentice Job Description Sample
Description/Job SummaryJob Summary Operate isocure coremaking machine to produce cores for molding operation. Description Set up and operate isocure coremaking machine. Install and remove core boxes from the coremaking machine.
Ensure that boxes are properly aligned to prevent damage. Install blow and gas boards to prevent DMEA gas leaks. Monitor the quality of cores and tooling during the production run and notify supervisor of any quality, mechanical, or delay problems.
Take corrective action or initiate change of procedure (COP) as necessary. Perform visual inspection for scrap cores. Mark and separate scrap cores from good cores.
Calculate and report core loss. Notify supervisor as appropriate. Read and interpret detailed process instructions to ensure that tolerance, customer requirements and locating points are maintained.
Enter core process information on the core room computer system or programmable controller. Clean, mud, and assemble cores during the machine cycle. Ensure that all core fins are cleaned flush with saw.
Check cores with caliper to process tolerance. Place cores in appropriate storage boxes or on racks using required packing materials. Conduct daily operator audits, caliper checks, and scratch hardness tests.
Document results using statistical process control (SPC) techniques. Assist maintenance personnel in troubleshooting, making minor adjustments or repairs to the machine as necessary.
Apprentice Diesel Technician (Technician Apprentice Program)
Apprentice Diesel Technician (Technician Apprentice Program)
Description Assist with general workshop activities while completing on the job and classroom based training. Assist in cleaning, disassembling and other basic workshop activities Learns Standard Repair Times (SRTs) and follows documented procedures and policies to complete basic repairs and maintenance Assists with completing required documentation, such as work completed documentation and time sheets via handwritten forms or business system input screens Completes training in line with skill and business requirements Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation Ensure adherence to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
Qualifications Skills No global skill level definition. Number of levels and skills to be defined locally based on local requirements Education, Licenses, Certifications Secondary school diploma or equivalent Experience Minimal level of work shop experience required or basic level knowledge of engine products Basic mechanical knowledge At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Fort Wayne-US, IN, Fort Wayne, Cummins Crosspoint
Recruitment Job Type
Dec 20, 2017, 9:23:57 AM
Req ID: 170006VX
Apprentice Body Tech (Aces Apprentice Program)
Overview Grow with ABRA! Come join an industry leader well on its way to being a nationwide billion dollar company. ABRA Auto Body & Glass values developing our talent to help you reach your career goals! We use an operational excellence philosophy in partnership with many of the premier insurance companies. Reap the rewards of working with America’s Most Recommended Collision Brand. Responsibilities The ACES Body Technician (BT) Apprentice Program is designed for 60 – 90 days of intensive hands – on training with an experienced Body Technician Mentor repairing damaged vehicles to pre-accident condition, while learning ABRA’s operational excellence processes. Upon apprentice’s graduation from the program they transition into a Body Technician that will be able to complete C – Level skills as a standalone technician or in a team environment. The ACES BT Apprentice contributes to delivering on ABRA’s promise of speed, quality and customer satisfaction, while gaining exposure and experience to advance his/her skills in pursuit of a successful career path with an industry leader! Qualifications
Must be 18 years old by the start of the program.
Must have strong attention to detail and solid mechanical aptitude.
Ability to interact respectfully and professionally with mentor, customers and repair center team.
Must be willing to take instruction and work direction from multiple parties and work as part of a team.
Must maintain a valid state driver’s license in order to drive any customer or company vehicle.
Demonstrate commitment to continued learning by participation in ABRA/industry-required training. The ACES BT Apprentice contributes to delivering on ABRA’s promise of speed, quality and customer satisfaction, while gaining exposure and experience to advance his/her skills in pursuit of a successful career path with an industry leader! Training will consist of:
ABRA’s repair planning and safety practices
Plastic bumper and metal panel repair
Disassembly & reassembly of parts and repair of trim and hardware
Electrical & mechanical systems repair basics
Corrosion protection, seam sealing, and foams replacement
- Among other I-CAR training A Tool Grant of approximately $2000 for a baseline tool kit is available as an ACES BT Apprentice for your commitment with ABRA!
High School diploma or G.E.D.
Collision Vo-Tech certification
Previous collision experience Work Address 801 Frontenac Road Requisition ID 2017-7346 Work Location US-IL-Naperville US-IL US-IL-Chicagoland (Southwest Suburbs)
A qualified plumbing apprentice will apply their technical skills and knowledge in the assembly, installation, maintenance, remodeling, repair and servicing of plumbing and drainage systems. Scott Harrison Plumbing, Inc. offers Competitive Compensation, Excellent Benefits, Company Vehicle, Paid Training, Advancement Opportunities, and the professional advantage of being part of the respected leader in the home services industry. Candidate must have availability to work flexible hours Monday through Sunday including overtime hours and weekend on-call rotation required. You will assist plumbers in the assembly, installation, maintenance and repair of plumbing, water-flow, and drainage systems in accordance with city, state, and federal plumbing codes.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- 1 to 3 years of plumbing service experience in residential, commercial and/or drain cleaning. Able to have little supervision or guidance with routine plumbing installations and repairs (but not too proud to double-check protocol with superiors when in doubt)
- Knowledge of local and national plumbing codes is required
- Assists lead technician in completing service requests
- Assemble equipment, tools and materials needed to begin and complete service requests
- May transport and organize materials and tools to/on job site as instructed
- Assists in creating proper access when determining proper solutions for requested services
- May dig and backfill trenches, and/or creates access for plumbing jobs
- Based on request, repairs various items, systems or components (such as toilets, urinals, sinks, faucets, water heaters, vents, pipes, garbage disposals, sewer and drain lines, etc.) under the guidance of a senior technician to ensure items are functioning properly, efficiently and effectively for the customer
- Assists in the installation, repair and maintenance or water, gas and sewer systems
- Tracks and documents material and equipment usage on jobs to be sure inventory levels are maintained and equipment and tools have been gathered and placed back on service vehicle. Gathers salvageable materials in the field and returns them to the warehouse.
- May be required to test for leaks in newly installed or repaired systems
- A valid driver's license, good driving record and must be insurable
- Exceptional interpersonal communication with customers and staff. We have extremely high standards for customer service to our customers so a positive attitude and a willingness to serve is critical
- Must have experience servicing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and installing water heaters, tubs, toilets, sinks, faucets, showers, various valves, pipes, drains, water softeners, etc
- Outgoing, professional, and drug-free. High integrity individual who is honest, punctual and professional in all interactions. Willing to communicate potential problems, and take initiative to do the job 100% correctly
- Cleanliness is required. Maintain truck inside and out, respect customer's home and clean-up work area. Leave your job cleaner than you came to it!
- Proficient with iPhone and iPad
- Must have a desire to learn new techniques, especially the tankless industry. We have ongoing training in all areas of our business.
- Commitment to weekend On-Call work (compensated appropriately). All of our techs are on a rotation schedule, so you will know in advance when it's your weekend duty.
- Should be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- High School diploma or GED
Apprentice Carpenter/Sunroom Installer - Patio Enclosures!
Great Day Improvements, home of Patio Enclosures, is looking for installers to join our experienced team installing sunrooms. Helper, Apprentice, and Lead Installer positions available. $15-$22 to start, Industry-Leading Benefits options, and room for rapid advancement/growth!
The successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
-Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in installation of sunrooms, windows, doors, siding, decks, vinyl fencing or a combination of any of the above
-Proficient in the use of power tools and aluminum coil brakes
-The ability to measure accurately and resolve field issues if they arise
-Rough carpentry skills
-Minor electric skills
-Strong customer service and communication skills
-Leadership and crew management experience a plus
-*commercial Glaziers encourages to apply!!!
This is a long term opportunity as a company employee. Must have valid driver’s license and pass a background and drug test.
Our company offers a competitive compensation package including health/dental/vision/life insurance(company matching HSA option), paid vacation and personal days, company matching 401kand a 40 hour work week consisting of (4) ten hour days plus optional O/T.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, lift, climb, and bend. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 50 – 100 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MACHINES OR EQUIPMENT USED
General construction equipment and power tools.
Hvac Installer - Commercial / Sheet Metal Apprentice
Must be able to load, transport, and unload duct materials and equipment. Own tools and supplies to complete duct installation.
Associated Crafts-Willet Hauser Architectural Glass, Inc. is the leading Stained Glass Studio in North America with over 118 years of experience.
Willet-Hauser Architectural Glass, Inc./ Associated Crafts specializes in on-site repair, restoration, protective covering installation, frame repair, frame painting, and the creation of new stained glass windows.To learn more about our rich history please visit www.willethauser.com/associatedcrafts.com
Field Apprentice The Apprenticeship Program offered by the Willet Hauser Architectural Glass/Associated Crafts is the most comprehensive program of its kind currently offered by a commercial art glass studio in the United States. The program is designed to offer participants hands-on experience in repair, restoration, preservation, and the creation of art glass. The goal of the Apprenticeship Program is to provide the participants the basic skills necessary to graduate and grow there in the stained industry.
The field apprentice position is required to work on the site. This position requires travel. Typically the Field Apprentice will be out 2 to 3 weeks and home for 1 week or more.
Starting regular pay is $13.40 per hour. Travel pay is min wage per hour. This position allows dedicated employees the opportunity for rapid advancement. Review after 90 days.
Experience working with your hands
A desire to learn
Background check required
MUST have a valid driver's license
MUST be able to travel
High school or equivalent
401 K Matching
Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
HSP Spending Plan
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Learning Opportunities
Route Apprentice (Driver)
At Balfurd, we deliver more than just linen on the shelf. We are a family owned business serving PA for more than 90 years. We specialize in working with companies that care about product selection, high quality service, on-time-complete deliveries, responsiveness, and fair billing. By delivering what we promise and building long lasting relationships, we have achieved a 96% retention rate, which has made us the fastest growing linen company in Pennsylvania.
We offer you an opportunity as a full time Route Apprentice (Driver) in the Pittsburgh area. You will be the liaison between the customer and the company, ensuring superior customer service. We are looking for applicants with prior customer service, route sales, and/or delivery experience.
To ensure your path for great success as a Route Apprentice (Driver), you must be able to:
· Demonstrate an exceptional attitude for winning in a diverse, team culture.
· Train and learn all routes.
· Visit multiple customers per day – ranging from small family owned businesses to major corporate locations.
· Act as a customer focused, results-driven, relationship manager who has a positive attitude, passion for hard work, and someone who makes customers look forward to the weekly deliveries.
· Drive a step van and straight truck, and have a valid Class C Driver’s License.
· Pass a pre-employment drug screening, background check, and driving record will be required.
· Carry 75 Lbs. or greater.
We offer the following benefits:
· 401k - company match ($.50/$1.00) – with no cap.
· Health Insurance – company pays 90% of employee’s premium.
· Vision Insurance.
· Dental Insurance.
· Company paid Life Insurance (Employee, Spouse, Children).
· Voluntary Life Insurance.
· STD/LTD Disability Insurance.
· Paid Vacation.
· Paid Holidays.
· Paid Sick Days.
· Paid Reward time.
· Employee Assistance Program.
· Monday – Friday – Weekends Off
Please apply only if you meet the requirements of the job. You will train directly with a RSR. This position is full time with a rate of pay of $14.50/hour. Interested candidates please submit your resume showing work history and achievements.
Apprentice Shop Technician
Associated Compressor & Equipment is Central California's leading provider of industrial grade reciprocating, rotary screw, and oil free compressed air systems. Proudly established in 1966 and celebrating 50 years of continuous operation, Associated Compressor is proud to be an integral part of the Central Valley's thriving industrial and agricultural communities.
We are currently looking for Apprentice Shop Technicians to join our team!
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, the successful candidate will be required to work in a team environment, interacting directly with management, schedule planners, and other service technicians in an industrial environment. The work will include an array of entry level shop projects in an effort to gain the skills and experience necessary for a long term career as a Field Service Technician. In addition to the shop work, the individual will serve as the second technician when needed for the instillation, service, and repair and industrial compressed air systems located at customers' locations in the Fresno, Bakersfield, and Central Coast regions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The scope of work will include, but is not limited to:
- Test and repair of small equipment
- Shop cleaning and maintenance
- Local delivery of equipment and supplies
- Fleet vehicle maintenance and repair
- Equipment preparation and painting
- Basic fabrication and assembly projects
- Basic plumbing and electrical projects
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times
- A basic understanding of mechanical and electrical principals
- The ability to work safely with electricity and compressed air
- A valid California's Driver's License
- The ability to pass a drug screening
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Some technical training or experience preferred, but not required
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License
We are currently seeking an Electrician Apprentice! You will be required to install lighting & fans on pre-wired outlets for a variety of customers. We work Monday-Saturday 8-5. Overtime every week.
- Install and repair ceiling fans and fixtures
- Install various types of undercabinet lighting
- Troubleshoot fan motor and control systems
- Previous experience in electrical or other related fields
- Familiarity with electrical equipment and hand tools
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!