Coremaker Machine Ii Job Description Sample
Description/Job SummaryJob Summary Operate isocure coremaking machine to produce cores for molding operation. Description Set up and operate isocure coremaking machine. Install and remove core boxes from the coremaking machine.
Ensure that boxes are properly aligned to prevent damage. Install blow and gas boards to prevent DMEA gas leaks. Monitor the quality of cores and tooling during the production run and notify supervisor of any quality, mechanical, or delay problems.
Take corrective action or initiate change of procedure (COP) as necessary. Perform visual inspection for scrap cores. Mark and separate scrap cores from good cores.
Calculate and report core loss. Notify supervisor as appropriate. Read and interpret detailed process instructions to ensure that tolerance, customer requirements and locating points are maintained.
Enter core process information on the core room computer system or programmable controller. Clean, mud, and assemble cores during the machine cycle. Ensure that all core fins are cleaned flush with saw.
Check cores with caliper to process tolerance. Place cores in appropriate storage boxes or on racks using required packing materials. Conduct daily operator audits, caliper checks, and scratch hardness tests.
Document results using statistical process control (SPC) techniques. Assist maintenance personnel in troubleshooting, making minor adjustments or repairs to the machine as necessary.
Machine Mechanic II
Do friends and family come to you when they need things fixed? Do you enjoy taking things apart and deciphering the inner-workings of machinery? Do you consider yourself a handy repairman that specializes in repairing machinery ranging from CNC’s to woodworking equipment? Would you thrive on a team of like-minded individuals that assist in the growth of an inspiring guitar manufacturing company? If you are eager to apply your mechanical abilities to the fullest at a company with a great product line, great people and culture to match, please apply online today!
Machine Mechanic (Level II) Success Factors:
Within the first 30 days:
• Get to know the MMR team members and understand the responsibilities of each employee.
• Gain a full understanding of our facilities and how the Machine & Tooling functions correlate with the overall manufacturing process.
• Gain a full understanding of repairing, troubleshooting, and maintaining all in house machinery.
• Show case your skill set by repairing tools that are used on a daily basis (powertools, sanders, saws).
Within the first 60 days:
• Successfully maintain, engineer, and install airline, electrical, vacuum and collection systems.
• Performs preventive maintenance on machines assigned.
• Troubleshoots and repairs machines and equipment assigned.
• Share solutions and keep track of items that you have fixed and maintained.
Within the first 90 days:
• Fabricates specialty machinery for Taylor Guitars such as robotic spray cells and UV ovens.
• Performs complete machine rebuilds of Fadals, CNC's and other machines.
• Performs all machine moves and installation of new machinery.
Department: Machine and Tool R&M
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Machine Maintenance & Repair Manager
Minimal to frequent travel to Tecate required
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 3:30pm-12:00pm
The Machine Mechanic II installs, maintains and repairs in house machinery commonly found in the wood working industry ranging from sanders, saws, routers, collectors, CNC machines and robotic integrated equipment. The Machine Mechanic II supports all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, vacuum and dust collection needs and assists other internal teams under the direction of the Machine Mechanic III and/or the Machine Maintenance & Repair Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Identifies and uses appropriate hand tools and personal protection equipment needed for specific maintenance activities.
• Properly performs Lockout-Tagout procedure.
• Strong knowledge of how to use power hand and shop tools as well as to work with different materials properly.
• Performs preventive maintenance based on equipment manufacturer’s recommendation and/or internal documentation.
• Troubleshoots and reports situations for further direction on resolving.
• Reads and interprets procedural manuals and machine operation information.
• Disassembles and assembles machinery such as band saws, drill presses, planners, shapers, VMCs and other equipment integrations with the use of blueprints, diagrams, pictures and written instructions.
• Interprets schematic drawings and properly utilize diagnostic tools.
• Writes detailed reports and maintain equipment maintenance repair records.
• Plans and executes machine moves and installation of new equipment.
• Installs and repairs pneumatic, hydraulic, vacuum and dust collection equipment and components. Under the supervision of certified electrician, install and repair electrical components and equipment.
• Identifies replacement parts from equipment documentation and/or with equipment manufacturer’s support.
• Ability to travel to Tecate factory to assist in Maintenance Mechanic activities as needed.
• Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Leadership – Experience leading and mentoring fellow Maintenance Mechanics.
• Team Oriented – Ability to get along with others and to work well in a team environment.
• Technical Aptitude – Skills which demonstrate strong mechanical, electrical, and electronic background.
• Technical Aptitude – Strong knowledge of how to use equipment power hand and shop tools as well as to work with different materials properly.
Education & Experience:
Minimum of six years of experience as, equipment maintenance mechanic, facilities maintenance technician or metal fabricator. Experience operating/programming CNC machining with various materials such metals, plastics and wood. Experience in troubleshooting different types of controls such as open-closed-loop drive systems, variable frequency drives and programmable logic controllers. Experience working in robotic integrations, welding (MIG and TIG), soldering and bracing are desired but not required. The combination of two years of education and three years of experience in the above mentioned fields is desired but not required.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
Certificates & Licenses:
Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. Possess or qualify to obtain international passport. Able to obtain fork lift and scissor lift operation certificate.
Ability to participate as a member of the Emergency Response Team.
Currently, Taylor Guitars employs nearly 800 people and produces hundreds of guitars per day in its state-of-the-art factory complexes in both El Cajon, California and Tecate, Mexico. The company maintains an active dealer network with Taylor guitars available in over 800 retail locations in North America and international distribution to 60 countries, including a distribution warehouse and offices in the Netherlands.
Machine Operator II
Works as one of a group of employees in a cellular environment charged with manufacture, assembly of a particular product or products classified as “Small Fittings”. Uses Lean Manufacturing principles. 1. Working from blueprints, sketches, specifications and oral instructions, makes set-ups and operates assigned machines and tools to create products in accordance with demand.
Utilizes lifting devices and fixturing to limit physical lifting efforts. 2. Uses automated welding machines, oven, press, shotblaster, saw, parts washer, numbering machine, welding positioners, overhead cranes and assorted hand tools to produce TDW parts in accordance with blueprint specifications. 3. Produces parts from raw materials in round or flat form, finished or particlly finished components, filler wire, rod and braze material, and cutting and shielding gasses.
Fits component parts to print tolerances. Makes stringer or root passes, fillers and covers. 4. Assembles, tests and processes assigned products to drawing tolerances, working from blueprints, sketches and procedures.
When required, ensures parts/products are painted in accordance with TDW standards. 5. Maintains raw, in-process and finished goods inventory at approved levels. 6. Completes necessary forms such as job orders and tool records, standard work documents, NCR's. 7.
Performs first part inspection on all jobs and periodic inspection on jobs until completed. Conducts final inspection of all parts, products and processes, ensuring TDW and customer standards ae met. 8. Prepares finished product for movement into x-ray.
Ensures all necessary documentation is completed for shipping requirements. When appropriate ensures information is forwarded to Quality Control regarding material test reports and certificates, lab test results, heat codes, etc. 9. Maintains clean, orderly cell area ensuring that TDW HSE standards are maintained.
Performs preventative maintenance functions on equipment. Enters the cell program with the following qualifications, or gains the qualifications through on-the-job training: 1. Ability to read blueprints, sketches and specifications.
Knowledge of a variety of tools, equipment and processes as they relate to hot forming, welding, shot blasting, sawing, parts marking, assembly and painting.. Ability to perform own set-ups and work to drawing tolerances in a cellular. 2. Thorough knowledge of welding machines, torches, positioners, cranes and assorted hand tools. Qualified, or becomes qualified, by ASME Section IX, postion as required. 3.
Knowledge of shop mathematical computations, charts, tables, standard data and equipment manuals. 4. Familiarity with TDW order entry, material flow, BOM, Inventory and Shipping systems. 5. May be required to lift medium to heavy weight products, to be performed in accordance with TDW safety regulations.
Posting Title: Machine Operator II Position ID: Position-16220 External Company Name:
T. D. Williamson, Inc. External Company URL: http://www.tdwilliamson.com/en/
Machine Operator II - Press Break - 1ST Shift And/Or 2ND Shift
Machine Operator II - Press Break - 1ST Shift and/or 2ND Shift
Description JOB SUMMARY The Press Brake Set Up/Operator will be responsible for performing all phases of the press brake operation. This will includeset up,programingand loading/unloading parts. ESSENTIAL FUNCTION/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sets up work from order or prints according to job requirements as directed by the Supervisor and/or Group Leader.
As required, enters program into the machine.
Uses precision measuring instruments to check work. Performs first piece inspection to double check dimensions and tolerances before proceeding with remainder of order. Continues to inspect parts as order is being run.
As required, positions machines in relation to the appropriate axis as planned in programming.
Sets stops for depth and angles.
Removes finished parts from machine, counts and places on skid.
Transports materials as needed using forklift.
Performs necessary housekeeping duties to maintain clean work environment.
Responsible for basic maintenance of tools in work area.
Performs other duties within the scope of the job assignments as directed by the Supervisor or Group Leader.
Meets department quality, attendance and productivity requirements.
Performs duties in compliance with all safety rules and regulations required by Company, federal, state and local provisions.
All other duties as assigned
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to read blueprints.
Must have prior experience operating Brake Presses r comparable equipment.
Must be able to use tape measure for and Press Brakes.Calipers for Press Brakes.
Ability to drive a forklift.
Must be able to communicate effectively and work in a cooperative manner to support a team environment.
Must have satisfactory job performance and an acceptable attendance and disciplinary record in current position. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires moderate to considerable physical effort working with average or heavy weight material, not to exceed fifty pounds (50 lbs). This position also requires standing for extended periods of time. The incumbent must have the ability to carry objects; perform dynamic activities including reaching and stretching; and frequent bending and twisting of the torso. VISUAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Continuous, and at times, concentrated mental and visual attention where the work is repetitive or duties are diversified and require continuous alertness and /or activity. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Typical shop floor with possible exposure to dirt, dust, fumes, heat, cold, noise, vibration, oil and water. May be exposed to any number of these elements. SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
Safety glasses with side shield steel toed safety shoes, gloves and other personal protective equipment as necessary.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Primary Location US-Kentucky-Louisville
Textron Tools & Test: Greenlee
Req ID: 258772
Applied Machine Learning Engineer II
As an engineer in our team in C+E Security division you are uniquely positioned to apply machine learning techniques to detect unseen patterns of malicious and suspicious behavior. You will develop detection algorithms that will be applicable across multiple services and data sources, enabling us to build detections at scale, and keeping up with constantly changing threat landscape. Your detections will create a multiplier effect on security analyst’s investigations, resulting in reducing their burden and increasing their effectiveness.
Feedback from first-party and third-party customers is incorporated into our detections to continuously improve their efficacy. We are leveraging a unique combination of security research and machine learning to develop the leading edge of enterprise security intelligence. Come be part of this exciting new generation of security analytics!
Job Responsibilities include: • Develop high-performance machine learning systems for detecting abnormality, intrusion, masquerading, etc. • Deliver end to end solutions to analyze data that originates from users, services, or other automated systems. • Develop infrastructure as required to enable new experiences in cloud security intelligence by deriving meaning from vast array of data about users and their activity. • Actively engage other teams across the company to identify security scenarios where machine learning/applied statistics can be used, and lead the development of solutions to these problems. • Act as an expert in machine learning/statistics to serve the growing needs of C+E Security. • Provide technical leadership to other developers
• 2+ years of education or professional experience in applying machine learning and data mining techniques to real problems with copious amounts of data. • 2+ years of experience developing production quality code in a professional software engineering role.
• Strong algorithmic background and experience applying knowledge to solve real problems. • Experience with very large-scale data processing/analysis (a.k.a. big data). • Strong C++ and/or C# skills (C# preferred) and understanding of software design patterns. • Experience developing high-performance service-oriented solutions. • Ability to work independently to actively identify and drive solutions for evolving business problems. • A graduate degree in Computer Science is highly desired. Candidates with a graduate degree in related fields (e.g.
Statistics, Mathematics, Physics) with applied practical experience and programming background are also desirable. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. Development (engineering)
Machine Operator II
Machine Operator II The Machine Operator II operates assigned stations and all other associated work including preventative maintenance, machine changeovers, making minor adjustments to maintain greatest operational efficiency, assist other mechanics, etc. Join the team at Dr Pepper Snapple Group and make a difference by pursuing everything that you do with the determination that sets us apart from our competitors. Driving for results leads to recognition and personal growth within the company, helping us to achieve our goal to “Be the Best Beverage Business in the
Americas”. The success that comes from within each of us is recognized, and creates opportunities for your growth in the organization. Position Responsibilities 1.
Handle empty cases and solve other line issues. 2. Train other operators on use of machinery. 3. Perform best practice quality checks on line and equipment. 4.
Set up machinery and ensure all production materials are available. 5. Operate and monitor equipment and replenish materials as needed. 6. Monitor line for defective materials and perform any other related work in accordance with line quality. 7.
Record all data as required (i.e. charts, necessary process adjustments based on data findings, etc.). 8. Clean and sanitize all equipment and facility as required. Total Rewards We take great pride in offering our people benefits that are competitive.
We appreciate hard work, innovative ideas and unending passion, which is why we provide a comprehensive set of benefits and options designed to fit the unique lifestyles of our employees from day one based on eligibility requirements. Qualifications
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) * 3 years prior experience with operation of high-speed production machinery and monitoring of product quality
Lift, push and pull a minimum of 50lbs repeatedly Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (NYSE: DPS) is one of North America’s leading refreshment beverage companies, manufacturing, bottling and distributing more than 50 brands of carbonated soft drinks, juices, teas, mixers, waters and other premium beverages.
With a brand heritage spanning more than 200 years, the DPS portfolio includes some of the most recognized beverages in the Americas. More than 75 percent of the company’s overall volume is from brands that are either #1 or #2 in their flavor categories. In addition to its flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, the DPS portfolio includes 7UP, Mott’s, A&W, Sunkist soda, Hawaiian Punch, Canada Dry, Schweppes, RC Cola, Diet Rite, Squirt, Peñafiel, Yoo-hoo, Rose’s, Clamato, Mr & Mrs T and other well-known consumer favorites.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Dr Pepper Snapple Group recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
Title:Machine Operator II
Machine Operator II
Do you want to work for the best employer in the area?
Progress Manufacturing is seeking a Machine Operator II!
With competitive pay and sick/vacation leave, good health insurance with a strong investment from the company, a profit sharing program, 401K, department incentive pay, and life insurance, Progress Manufacturing is the best place to work!
Not to mention the friendly environment here at Progress Manufacturing where employees are challenged, encouraged to excel, and invested in every single day.
Come work for a company that values it’s employees and has a strong focus on producing quality products.
CNC machines are machines that are controlled by Computer Numerical Control. They can perform a wide variety of operations derived from the specific commands that are given in their programs.
The Machine Operator II is responsible for selecting the appropriate program setting to run parts on the automated machine. They are to load and unload the proper material based of the program they are running according to repetitive standard operating procedures. After the parts have been machined the machine operator must perform different quality checks before sending the parts down the production line. The operator is responsible for basic daily upkeep and maintenance of machinery and tooling. When necessary, the operator will assist maintenance in troubleshooting and in performing more extensive maintenance procedures. If there are any problems with programming, tooling, fixtures, or quality of work in process, the operator must immediately inform the Production Supervisor. The Machine Operator II is responsible for consistently reaching full machine capacity and efficiency. The key factor in accomplishing full machine capacity and efficiency is to reduce the amount of time the machine is idle and to keep the machine continuously running as much as possible during shift. Ways to accomplish this may include: providing suggestions on better utilization of the machine during breaks, lunches and meetings, providing feedback on machine performance and utilization, and providing suggestions about programming. If the machine is ever idle it is the operator’s top priority to get the machine to process parts again as quickly as possible. While the Production Supervisor is ultimately responsible for training, the Machine Operator II may be asked to help train or orient other operators by maintenance.
The Machine Operator II is not authorized to ever write, modify, edit, or delete any programs unless he/she has received the necessary trainings and express authorization from the Engineering Manager and Director of Operations. Otherwise, the operator is only responsible for selecting the appropriate program and variable settings to run parts on the automated machine according to repetitive standard operating procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Safety: All employees are to properly use all required person protective equipment, follow all
safety guidelines and instructions and work to maintain and improve a safe work environment.
Quality: Perform consistent visual inspection of all parts for defects or problems. The Machine Operator II will need to be able to understand the difference between a good and bad part and what makes them. The Machine Operator II should be seeking out ways for continually improve quality processes while being able to pass monthly standard operating procedure audits.
Productivity: Production is ran based off of time standards, The Machine Operator II will be expected to hit and maintain these time standards while giving appropriate time and focus to tasks according to priority and demand. The Machine Operator should follow all standard operating procedures and correctly record and report daily and weekly tasks.
Kanban: The production floor runs off the Kanban system. The Machine Operator II must understand the Kanban system. Produce the right parts, in the right quantity, at the right time. Give appropriate time and focus to tasks according to priority and demands. Also must be able to pass Kanban audits
Cleanliness: A clean work place is a safe work place all employees are to complete of a daily cleaning assignment, maintain a clean and well organized work station with tools cleaned and out in designated are at the end of every shift and be able to pass month 5S and cleaning audits.
Attendance: All employees are to arrive on time for regular shift (6:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday-Thursday) They are expected to stay on task and at work station during the entire shift, arrive to meetings on time and returning from breaks and lunch at appointed time.
- Complete tasks as assigned by Production Supervisor
- Remove burs, sharp edges, mill scale, weld splatter, grease and any other dirt or grime from parts
- Rework welds or parts with quality issues – do not pass bad parts to the next work station
- Measure parts and compare to established tolerance ranges (when applicable)
- Prepare and setup all parts for fabrication in automated machinery
o The saw operator is responsible for operating the overhead crane and bringing in raw material
o The saw operator is responsible for running the manual saw
o Bundle preparation at the saws requires some basic MIG welding
o The operator may need to use a forklift (training will be provided)
- Transport completed parts to next work station
o The operator may need to use a forklift (training will be provided)
- Perform tool changeover and fixture setup
- Avoiding any operator machine down time
- CNC machines are running during break
- Productivity numbers must be above 90%
- Two-Tier Training Compliant
- Passing Scores 5s, Kanban, & SOP audits
- Ability to run several machines
Machine and Equipment to be used:
- Doosan Vertical Milling Center (VMC)
- Haas EC400
- Haas VF2
- Hyd-Mech Automatic Saws
o Hyd-Mech Manual Saw
o Overhead crane (where applicable)
- Forklift (if applicable)
- Belt sanders
- Pallet jack
- Variety of hand tools and measuring devices
Typical Physical Demands: Requires standing for the majority of a 10-hour shift, also requires bending, or placing items in bins May require lifting over 50 lbs. requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard manufacturing machines. This position requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Typical Mental Demands: Ability to give and receive instructions and formulate work plans. Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them. Must have the ability to pay attention to detail.
Anticipated Work Hours: 10 hours is considered a normal workday. Expected to arrive on time every day. The job sometimes requires variable work hours including, early morning, evening, weekend, or on-call hours.
- The noise level is generally loud
- Requires wearing safety glasses, steel toe boots, and ear protection
- Most jobs get hands and clothes dirty or greasy
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; or use hands and fingers to, handle, write, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk or hear. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions and including extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Not to mention the friendly environment here at Progress Manufacturing where employees are challenged, encouraged to excel, and invested in every single day.
Come work for a company that values it’s employees and has a strong focus on producing quality products.
Machine Operator II - 3Rd Shift
When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our area is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Helps department meet production needs by running various types of fabrication machines (spot welder, timesaver, press brake, turret, stud press, etc) or other duties as required by Supervisor. Enters inventory transactions into BaaN ERP system, understands the impact of the various transactions on inventory accuracy. Maintains the fabrication finished parts market, pulls parts to be delivered and stocks the shelves with new inventory. Runs reports and creates charts for the fabrication cells.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- At work on time every day and in your work area when scheduled. Works overtime and weekends when needed to accomplish production goals.
- Coordinates record keeping by maintain related documents, logs, and files for the department.
- Performs pay point transactions in BaaN.
- Accurately processes parts orders, maintains transactions and troubleshoots problem transactions to insure inventory accuracy.
- Opens fabrication production orders.
- Creates press shop order packets.
- Closes press shop orders, in Press Tracking and in Baan.
- Reorders raw materials and finished parts using the Kanban inventory system. Maintains Supermarket racks and inventory accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin locations.
- Maintains steel bay inventory and orders steel for press shop consumption.
- Makes accurate inventory transfers between departments.
- Pulls parts from market shelves, loads tugger carts and processes Kanban cards.
- Moves parts, components, finished goods manually or with work aids including hand jacks, hoists or fork trucks (once certified.)
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations in fabrication. Cross training and flexibility required.
- References work instructions and reviews print specifications to determine proper materials and set-up to accomplish production requirements.
- Reads and interprets specifications and drawings.
- Visually inspects assembly for quality standards.
- Verifies dimensions and makes adjustments as needed to ensure proper fit and specified tolerances are maintained.
- Advises supervisor of quality problems and the status of jobs. Works with production personnel, other operators, Supervisor and/or the engineering staff to troubleshoot problems.
- Properly tracks and disposes of scrap and completes non-conforming tickets. Directly responsible for all scrap/rework that is created by his/her cell.
- Verifies and completes job routing by signing router sheet, submitting orders to be closed and parts to be posted to inventory.
- Uses a wide range of small hand tools such as hammer, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, sockets, Allen wrenches, etc.
- Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
- Receives verbal instructions, reads production board or confers with Supervisor or Coordinators for instructions and priorities.
- Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety, efficiency, quality and customer demands.
- Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions and opinions of others regarding production issues and goals.
- Performs all job duties within ISO standards
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, serves as a role model in the workplace.
- Fully engaged, initiates activities that support department and team goals, suggests improvements in work methods and is actively involved with all of the team activities within the department.
- Participates on teams using Microsoft software for data analysis or presentations. Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete PMDs.
- Supports Continuous Improvement PPI, and Lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Education Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Experience - 6 - 12 months data entry, inventory control and/or metal fabrication is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, experience with Baan is a plus. The ability to troubleshoot inventory transactions and make corrections with previous experience in metal fabrication and lean manufacturing environments preferred.
- Frequent and continuous light to moderate lifting, repetitive handling and maneuvering of awkward metal pieces is required. Walking, reaching, bending, and good eye, hand, foot coordination is all necessary. Occasional lifting of heavy dies is required.
- Exposed to possible severe hazards, multiple pinch points and general safety issues associates with sheet metal fabrication. Works in hot, cold, dusty, elevated and noisy area.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: aluminum, composites, fabricator, fusion, general fabricating, metal, metal fabricator, mig, solder, tig weld
Machine Operator II Johnstown OH
Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR ALL NEW HIRES
- Responsible for inspection and general upkeep of the lift truck assigned.
- Inspects lift truck and completes the inspection report for daily maintenance and safety purposes.
- Changes battery and cleans lift truck as needed.
- Pulls correct scrap foam material according to the particular product being produced.
- Places the proper material on the conveyor as determined by the the production schedule and process flow.
- Maintains adequate amount of materials at the workstation at all times to ensure an even flow through the granulating process.
- Operates granulator equipment and monitors the process to ensure no contaminated material enters the equipment.
- Performs general housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Serves as a member of the Plant Emergency Response Team
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be atleast 18 years old.
- Prior experience operating a lift truck preferred.
- One year of related experience in a production environment.
- Ability to maintain an acceptable level of attendance in accordance with company and department guidelines.
- Must be able to Read & Write English
- Basic computer knowledge required
- Able to work in extreme temperatures.
- Able to sit, stand, reach, bend, climb and twist without restrictions.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with employees in the immediate unit and in related support roles.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating or maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, decimals, and fractions.
- Requires a high degree of mental and visual attention to perform all tasks in a safe manner .
CNC Machine Set-Up Operator II
Must have the ability to Set-Up Four different types of machines, preferably a combination of VMC’s, HMC’s, TMC’s, Co2 Lasers, Fiber Laser, Break press and /or Robotic Welders. Produces machined parts by setting up, and operating computer numerical control (CNC) machines; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge of modifying 2D mill fixtures, turn and bore lathe jaws manually utilizing CNC controls readout.
Capable of editing Programs Mills, Lathes, Break Press, Lasers and /or Robotic Welders by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
Maintains equipment by completing dailypreventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Sets-up aforementioned machines by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, indicating vice or work piece, bushings, cams, gears, stops, bar feeders, cutting conditions, bending radius and bending pressure.
Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards. Able to read micrometers and calipers.
Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Ability to follow instructions, and management directive.
Ensure a safe working environment, good housekeeping and 5’s for your respective area and all of VBI.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two (2) years to four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires basic understand of blue print reading, leadership capability and ability to solve problems.
Candidate only in the geographic area need apply.
The company offers complete automatic door systems as well as individual components such as actuators, door controls, door panels, seals, and door accessories. Both pneumatic and electric actuators are available. Control options range from simple electro-mechanical devices to high-capability, microprocessor-based systems. Being a vertically integrated manufacturer and assembler, with metal fabrication, CNC machining centers, with powder coat painting ability and final assembly operations we offer a wide variety of opportunities.
Vapor maintains strong relationships with transit properties throughout the U.S. and Canada and is an active member in the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) and Canadian Urban Transportation Association (CUTA).
Vapor strives to understand the needs of the evolving transit industry and to provide products and services that satisfy these needs.
Sales and service for Vapor products is provided by representatives located at offices in New York, New York; Buffalo Grove, Illinois; Los Angeles, California; Sacramento, California; Toronto, Ontario; Baltimore, Maryland; Austin, Texas; Manchester, UK, and Sassuolo, Italy.
Vapor Bus International is committed to combining the skills and experience of its people with the best equipment and processes to offer world-class solutions for its customers' needs.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!