Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Seeking an experienced Grinder for 3rd shift*
Set-up, and operate gear grinders per part drawing and routing instructions to grind external gear teeth and splines. Mag particle inspect and wash parts as required.
SAFETY AND ENVIROMENT
* Complies with Komatsu safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
* Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work condition, workplace incident or near miss.
* Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation.
* Maintains orderly workshop and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
(1) Check dispatch list and follow top job on list.
(2) Check router, and review program. Verify revisions on all part.
(3) Set up and program the machines.
(4) Load the part on the machines.
(5) Grind the part in the machine in serial sequence. Edit programs as needed.
(6) Check part pin size, produce gear chart, and make adjustments if needed. Regrind if necessary.
(7) Remove the part from the machines.
(8) Mag particle inspect as required. Wash part as required.
(9) Make out a move ticket to send the part to the next operation. Move parts as necessary.
(10) Obeys all safety rules, wears proper PPE, and performs housekeeping functions.
(11) Refer to Best Practices manual for further direction.
(12) Perform all daily TPM activities as required.
(13) Assist engineers and supervision to make improvements to parts, methods, fixturing and work place organization for continuous improvement.
Additionally, please note: There is no guarantee of shift, this is a unionized shop. Training often takes place on 1st shift. Must successfully pass background check, pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol testing. Moderate physical demand required, continuous lifting or moving light weight to moderate weight materials.
This position description is for informational purposes only. It does not constitute or imply an employment contract between Komatsu Mining and any employee or applicant; nor is it intended to be representative or inclusive of all assigned tasks (current and/or future).
Education / Qualification
High school diploma/GED
Grinding experience required
* Competitive pay starting at over $28/hr.
* Shift Premium
* Retirement Plans, 401k Match
* Medical, dental and vision plans for individuals, spouses and families
* Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Paid vacation, personal days and holidays
* Personal financial, mental health and wellness programs
* Fitness & Gym Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
POST JOBS FOR FREE