Cork Pressing Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Entry Level Machine Operator
Our massive Pressroom horsepower features cutting-edge equipment and technology, ranging from web offset and gravure to the latest digital presses. We're a collaborative team of "can do" people. We take great pride in our work, and are passionate about quality, safety and the customer experience.
Are you looking for a company that can provide you with both a challenging and rewarding career?
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Entry level pay is $13/hr. plus .75 cent shift premium working night shift.
We will train! All are encouraged to apply especially those who have worked in manufacturing, warehouse, or factory environments.
Quad/Graphics is currently seeking general manufacturing Press Assistants for our Shakopee, MN location. This position will remove lifts of signatures from the stackers and place them onto skids and/or operate automated press stacking machinery. They will also participate with press crew in completing assigned tasks and general housekeeping activities during make-ready, running, and downtime.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
Stack signatures onto skids and prepare for transport based on destination
Continuously inspect product during production for compliance with quality standards
Work with Press Crew to execute tasks required for attaining optimum press productivity
Pre-weigh and stage skids, prepare needed materials for use while running
Complete required maintenance and lubrication assignments
Thoroughly and accurately complete required documentation, electronic and paper
Perform duties of other Print Service manufacturing positions as needed following requisite training
Ability to work 12 hour shift
Ability to maintain close attention to detail for extended time periods
Strong organizational abilities
Ability to work overtime as mandated by production needs
Ability to work independently as well as with a crew/team
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics prides itself on having a grow from within philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company. Our press employees help develop motivated individuals into skilled Operators with progressive wage increases. Warehouse, entry level, machine operators, and many more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws, The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Back Up Machine Operator Fsqa
This position is responsible for operating machinery to ensure the continuous flow of product thru the production process and insuring proper ingredients supplies are being used on the line. Responsible for monitoring and adjusting machine settings as needed and notifying supervisor if machines should require maintenance while maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to Tyson policies and procedures.
This position is responsible for operating the press in the Flour department. This position is responsible for tasks such as monitoring the press, making adjustments as needed, and reporting any issues to the supervisor or lead.
This position is also required to fill out various log sheets. This position is required to follow all Tyson safety rules. This position will be exposed on a routine basis to warm temperatures ranging from 65-90 degrees, wet and or humid conditions, slippery floors in some areas, and concrete floors.
This position also may be exposed to airborne particles, and a noise level loud enough to require hearing protection. If an applicant meets the minimum requirements for consideration, they may be contacted for an interview. If the applicant is not contacted in the month that they applied, they will need to reapply again in the next month to be considered
Must be able to work weekend and overtime. You must also have 6-month operator experience listed on the application.
Tyson Foods, Inc. voluntarily participates in the E-Verify system and uses all tools made available by the federal government to confirm the employment eligibility of all team members. Persons offered employment with Tyson Foods are required to provide documentation proving their employment eligibility, and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the E-Verify process.
What is E-Verify (English) (Español) EEO is the Law (English) (Español) Right to Work (English) (Español) EEO is the Law Supplemental (English) (Español) Pay Transparency Policy Statement (English) (Español)
All Tyson Team Members are responsible for safety. This includes but is not limited to personal safety and food safety.
Process Operator - Machine Operator
Machine Operator – Process Operator, New Century, Kansas
Background & Purpose of the Job:
Unilever now Upfield, New Century, Kansas, is actively seeking multiple Machine Operators – Process Operators to join our manufacturing environment. The shift hours vary from 2nd shift (3:00pm to 11:30pm) to 3rd shift (11:00pm to 7:30am). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Who You Are & What You'll Do:
The Machine Operator - Process Operator will work safely by observing all safety rules including proper utilization of lock out and tag out procedures. The successful candidate will also operate the machinery that makes margarine and spreads. This includes performing quality verifications, troubleshooting problems with the equipment, basic repair, changeovers, sanitizing the equipment, and utilizing World Class Manufacturing methods of continuous improvement. This is an entry level position where the employee will be trained on our specific machinery.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
High school diploma, or, GED equivalent.
A minimum of 2 years of machine operation experience in a manufacturing setting.
Mechanical abilities and experience using hand tools.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Training in a related technical field (Industrial Manufacturing, General Maintenance) is preferred.
The ability to work either 2nd or 3rd shift hours.
Upfield is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Calender / Press Machine Operator - All Shifts
The Press Operator along with Plant 1 Press Lead or Shift Supervisor make up the normal two man crew required to operate the presses that vulcanize the uncured rubber coated fabric, in a timed heat pressure cure, to produce conveyor belting.
Responsibilities will include compliance to safety procedures for machine operation and ensuring all the press and tooling safety devices are properly used.
The Operator must follow all the production schedule instructions, the proper press operational procedures and the production order Bill of Material requirements. Operator must have the ability to read measuring tools, drive a fork lift and complete all the required paperwork. Candidate attributes will include a strong attention to detail to ensure production of a high quality product.
Calendering is the first step in our Production process and has the most influence on the cost of our products. Continuous improvement is a must for all personnel in this area.
Change over for calender machines and identification of the most effective way to keep the machines running at all times.
Operation of machines and immediate reporting of any problems or issues to your Department Head or Supervisor using the proper channels and methods of communication.
To complete daily production reporting accurately. This includes all reports relating to Productivity, QC Holds, Material Usage, Material Movements, etc.
Follow all safety, corporate, and internal policies and procedures and requesting clarification from Department Head or Supervisor when necessary.
Daily contribution to the continuous improvement of yourself, your department, and your company as a whole. This can relate to increasing your knowledge on work orders, products, and processes.
Contributing to your work area by improving Safety, Quality, Productivity, the cost of our products, etc. Proactively getting involved in trainings both internally and externally. Candidate attributes will include a strong attention to detail to ensure production of a high quality product.
Available Shifts (specific openings will be discussed during the interview process, * indicates eligibility for applicable shift differential):
1st 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Monday
2nd * 2:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Monday
3rd * 11:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. Monday
4th 6:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday
5th * 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. Monday
6th * 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Friday / Saturday / Sunday
7th * 6 p.m. – 6 a.m. Friday / Saturday / Sunday
HS Diploma or GED
Basic computer skills
Ability to read and follow instructions & checklists written in Standard English
Ability to work occasional overtime
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
1+ year of manufacturing or production experience
Standing (for sustained periods of time), kneeling, crouching, reaching. This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds (infrequent).
Subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, and exposure to high heat.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply.
If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230.000 employees in 56 countries. As a division in the Continental Corporation, ContiTech is one of the world's leading industrial specialists.
Its customers can be found in key industries such as machine and plant engineering, mining, the agricultural industry, and the automotive industry. With around 46,000 employees in 44 countries, the company uses its development and material expertise for products and systems made of rubber, polyamide, metal, textile, and electronic components to combine these with individual services. ContiTech also offers functional and design-oriented living solutions and is always searching for customer-friendly and environmentally-friendly answers – going well and truly beyond its roots as a producer of rubber products. With sales of approximately €5.5 billion (2016), this international technology partner is active with core branches in Europe, Asia, North and South America.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
What we offer
Take advantage of a wide variety of benefits on Day 1, including:
401(k) with 6% match (100% immediate vesting)
Machine Operator Blow Molding
By following our instincts and our passion for the outdoor lifestyle, Hemisphere Design Works has merged with another great company and lands us one of North America’s largest lines of all-season recreational products. We specialize in making water vessels that run on HUMAN POWER!
Each product is made to deliver performance, value, and ease of use that allows our customers to take control on the water and live out their outdoor adventures.
Will you be the HUMAN POWER that FUELS the production of high-quality water vessels that exceed our customers’ expectations?
DIRECT HIRE STARTING POSITION PAY:
- C Operator ($16+) 1-3 years machine operator experience
- B Operator ($18+) 3-5 years machine operator experience
- A Operator ($20+) 5 + years machine operator experience
1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available. Shift premium provided to off shifts.
Blow Molding machine operators will work under the direction of the production senior lead/supervisor to ensure that the company produces the highest quality products safely and efficiently. The blow molding machine operator will be responsible for operating, setting up, troubleshooting, and maintaining machines throughout the shift.
- Set up and operate blow molding machine to mold plastic products according to specifications: Turn valves to start flow of water and release air pressure to machine.
- Moves machine controls to set timing unit and temperature of heating unit and start automatic feed mechanism.
- Adjust machine mandrel and align mandrel with mold chamber, using wrenches.
- Start molding machine that automatically feeds material from mixing unit to mandrel and to mold chamber.
- Closes chamber to mold product under heat and pressure.
- Regrind excess material and unsatisfactory product for reuse, using grinding machine.
- May weigh completed work-piece to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- All candidates who have received a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre employment drug screening and a pre employment background check which will determine eligibility for employment
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Monitor/Assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Strong communication skills
- Critical Thinking- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Manage one's own time and the time of others.
- Repair machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Opportunity for growth! Our supportive teams are dedicated to professional development and offer many opportunities to expand your knowledge, allowing you to advance during your career with us!
- Medical -with access to MedNow 24/7 Virtual Care- Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401 K with employer match
- Positive-Friendly Culture with a casual dress code
Pay Rate: $22/Hour
Schedule: 3rd shift
Standard Background Check
Targeted Start: ASAP
Production Technician – Level C is responsible to help support the operational effectiveness of Fiber Production. S/he will operate production equipment, maintain tooling and equipment, transfer consumable materials from inventory to production, and support in special projects as required. The Level C Technician will work directly with the Team Leader to ensure operational goals and objectives are either met or exceeded.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate 3D printers
- Operate plastic extruder
- Install tooling and initiate fiber production when a line needs to be started.
- Enter process information into production computer.
- Alter consumable materials.
- Monitor operational equipment.
- 3 years experience with heavy machinery
- Can work on your feet and multi-task through different projects and assignments
- Good vision
- Can lift 50+ lbs 2-3 times per shift
- Strong attention to detail
- Parameter recording and data recording experience
- Comfortable wearing PPE and working around heated surfaces
- USMC MOS 63XX, 64XX,06XX,2871
- All Electronics Technician Navy Enlisted Classifications
- Army MOS 94F 15N
- Air Force 2A5X3
- Technical skills: ability to set up test equipment as defined by a documented Test Procedure.
Please send your resume in a Word or PDF format for immediate consideration.
Part Time Machine Operator
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving. And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
2nd and 3rd Shift Only- 2nd Shift 3pm- 11pm & 3rd Shift 11pm- 7am
Compensation: $15.00 Per Hour
Reports to: Production Lead; Production Manager
Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. These must all meet the specifications required by production instructions (PI). Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately according to specifications and in a timely manner. Operates a computer and barcode scanner.
Operate and tend equipment or machinery to perform product assembly or fabrication
Summary of essential job functions
Operate manual and/or automatic machines, operate computers and barcode scanners. This position includes the following functions:
Hose cutting: Full cutting instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-008-0.
Pressure testing –Full pressure testing instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-013-0
Crimper – Entry Level – Full crimping instructions can be found in assembly standard ABF-W-A-011-0
Meeting or exceeding all team production goals on a consistent basis.
Observing equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and management be notified immediately. .
Wearing all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
Performing general cleanup and maintenance of your work area.
Minimum requirements and prerequisites
All- High school diploma or equivalent; company indoctrination including machine operation and safety instruction.
Be able to stand for extended periods; be able to hear and understand warning tones and verbal commands; have basic computer skills; be able to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted; be able to read and understand production instructions; be able to measure accurately using steel scales and angle meters. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed. All personnel must be available for overtime work according to the business needs of the company.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Machine Operator - 2Nd Or 3Rd Shift
- Operating assigned machines and assigned equipment / Inspectors & Assemblers differ
- Following both detailed instructions and standard operating procedures
- Perform gauge accuracy checks, cycle machine to produce first pieces, and check parts
- Quality Assurance functions including; spot-checks, visual inspections, and measurements using air gauges, dial indicators, or other specified gauge measuring devices. Rework as necessary.
- Interpret drawings, specifications, and process sheets
- Operate powered equipment and use assisted hoist lifts
- Experienced Operators may assist in on-the-job new hire training initiatives.
- Detailed recordkeeping and reporting
- Relevant Search Words: entry level experienced inspector assembly assembler machine operator operation grind grinding roller assembly assembler technician quality assurance inspection inspector lathe turn hone chamfer equipment machinist cnc robotics automation machinery expert experienced entry level mid press operator grind roller part and full time
Timken’s aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken’s world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 17,000 employees across 33 countries. Our team engineers, manufacturers, and delivers the highest quality products keeping industry in motion.
- We offer unique career opportunities for well experienced and entry level team members.
- We will train you and help you advance (members of our Sr. Leadership team have mastered these positions as part of their career advancement).
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, generous time off.
- Annual bonuses to boost your earnings potential
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and Timken's Top Quality Award
In this role, you will be required to maintain active communication with co-workers and Maintenance Technicians for quality and production related issues. When necessary, elevate these issues to management or the appropriate personnel. Maintain the shift logs and QC records for the assigned areas.
Individual must work and comply to safety working standards, practice and all environmental regulations. Must adhere to all company rules and policies.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - MACHINE OPERATOR
When assigned to the Operator position:
- $17/hour with a $.75/hour night shift differential
- Has the authority to stop the process to avoid making sub-standard product.
- Reads all SDS' and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
- Operates and starts- up the machines
- Ability to identify problems and minor troubleshooting
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance procedures such as lubricating machinery
- Monitors processes and performs continuous image inspections and visual quality checks of the products to ensure acceptance standards are met.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Understanding of First in, First out (FIFO)
- Be-able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area 5s. Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/ Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development) required.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand and walk for extended amounts of time;
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move anywhere from 25 pounds to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work up to 12- hour shifts
- Required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement.
Our business - and our approach - is personal
IntelliSource has 19 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!