Corrugator Operator Job Description Sample
Single Facer / Corrugator Operator - 3Rd Shift
POSITION TITLE: CORRUGATOR OPERATOR
REPORTS TO: Corrugator Supervisor/Leadman
Responsible for all activities associated with running the single-facer and assisting in wet-end and dry-end operations, including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
-The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- Product layouts and production specifications
- Product quality specifications
- Quality standards
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Corrugator Clamp Truck Operator (Supply)
A Corrugator Supply Person unloads, stores, and takes paper rollstock to and from the corrugator using a Clamp Truck. They also maintain clean and well-organized storage areas.
A Corrugator Supply Person reports to corrugator supervisors. A Supply Person s duties/responsibilities include: - following all safety rules and procedures; - unloading and storing rollstock from rail cars and/or trucks; - identifying unloaded rolls with tags and writing; - checking corrugator schedules, and obtaining and delivering the appropriate rollstock to the various corrugator wet end positions; - returning down (butt) and/or unused rolls from the corrugator wet end to the rollstock warehouse; - keeping track of rollstock tallies and tickets; - completing accurate records for rollstock used and unloaded; - helping wet end corrugator crews; - helping on other parts of the corrugator when the machine is down; - maintaining clean and organized work areas; and - performing other duties as assigned by supervision. The qualifications for a corrugator supply person are the ability to meet the requirements of the job with or without accommodation; the certified ability to safely operate a fork lift truck and/or clamp truck; the ability to read, write, and speak English; the ability to accurately read a measuring tape and ruler; the ability to use basic shop math; the ability to learn; and the ability to follow instructions, ask questions, and work effectively as a member of a team.
Corrugator supervisors evaluate Supply Person s qualifications. International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (Minority, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Veterans)
International Paper Company, a leader in the industrial packaging industry, is currently accepting applications for a Corrugator Operator position at its Indianapolis facility. Purpose The Corrugator operator is responsible for safe and efficient operation of the corrugator end of the Winder.
Understands and demonstrates working knowledge of Starch mixing, Single-facer, roll stands, and splicing systems. The Corrugator operator assists the Winder operator with mandrel changes and glue tote changes. Completes work in accordance with production work-orders.
Understands and demonstrates proper checkout procedures before and during a run. The Corrugator operator is responsible for training others as needed to perform Corrugator operator duties. The Corrugator operator learns to perform the Winder operator duties.
All team members must be willing to work as a member of an integrated high performance team. Essential Functions Work safely by understanding and following all safety processes and procedures, (i.e. LOTT, PPE, plant rules, etc.) Make starch as needed and transfer starch to the corrugator Monitor starch quality, (i.e. viscosity, gel temp, and holding tank temp) Maintain housekeeping of the starch room Report starch usage Delivers rolls of paper to the corrugator and winder Properly labels butt rolls and returns them to the roll room Manage the roll stock room including roll stock inventory, location of roll stock and the loading and unloading of roll stock trucks Safely sets-up and operates the corrugator Set-up and make splices Set glue dams Thread the single-facer Properly set glue roll to metering roll gap Properly set glue roll to lower corrugating roll gap Properly set corrugating roll and pressure roll loading Adjust and change fingers as needed Monitors and adjust single-facer to maintain board quality Record accurately all production data requested on work orders Maintain housekeeping around the winder/corrugator machine center Perform preventative maintenance on corrugator as scheduled Work closely with management on any issues regarding the winder/ corrugator operation Maintain open constructive channels of communication with all team members Start the steam generator Be able to operate shredder and baler to grind up scrap into bale form Operate the Winder as needed to cover breaks, lunch, absences, and to free up the Winder operator to make machine adjustments Other duties as assigned by the department supervisor Must be able to fulfill requirements listed in "General Requirements of All Production Employees". Heavy lifting over 50/lbs. must be done with assistance.
Education/Experience/Licenses & Certifications High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Prior food industry experience desired. Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Prior corrugator experience is a plus. Strong mechanical skills is a plus. Strong knowledge of manufacturing standards for production, safety, waste, and AIB/SQF housekeeping.
Solid technical aptitude skills. Solid basic math skills. Ability to follow written instructions.
Interface with computer and have the ability to enter data into various software platforms. Demonstrated work performance to be self-directed and self-motivated. Proven track record on safety and quality.
Professional attitude and good communication skills. Prior to employment a background check and physical/drug screen are required. Compensation includes competitive wage, health, dental, life insurance, retirement savings plan, 401K, etc.
This is a great opportunity to start a career with a dynamic and proven manufacturer in the packaging industry. All applicants must apply on line at www.internationalpaper.com/careers International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females, Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans EOE/MFDV SDL2017
Maintain quality, efficiencies, and production levels set by management. Communicate these standards to your staff.
Report quality concerns to Corrugator and Plant Manager. Assist in determining quality guidelines.
Establish high morale within your department by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employee problems. Maintain confidentiality.
Maintain inventories of rollstock and corrugator supplies.
Coordinate with the Plant Manager and Maintenance Supervisor on any repairs or preventive maintenance done in the department.
Keep upper management informed of problems or situations that may affect the performance of your department.
Enforce the corrective action procedures when applicable and conduct meetings with the violating employee.
Conduct weekly Production/Safety meetings with departmental personnel.
Communicate with necessary supervision to avoid problems between shift changes.
Improve career skills by enrolling yourself in seminars, technical courses, and related college courses.
Implement, maintain, and support all company policies and procedures, including safety program, and good housekeeping.
Complies with all company policies and procedures
Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Directly supervises all employees assigned to the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict resolution; team building; coaching and leading employees to improve; addressing complaints and resolving problems; documentation; and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance.
The Corrugator General Superintendent will report directly to the Plant. This Position will manage, direct and implement operation strategies and objectives to achieve corporate goals including safety, quality, waste and productivity within the corrugator department, as well as all day-to-day department operations. The position contributes to achieving the plant's sales objectives through coordination of workflow and product quality. Ultimately, this position has responsibility for the corrugator department including maximizing efficiency and appropriate cost control initiatives.
- Achieve desired results in Safety by demonstrating personal commitment and leading safety processes to sustain a safe work environment. Implement and coordinate department safety education and processes in accordance with corporate best practices and policies.
- Drive maximum throughput on the corrugator by managing programs designed to reduce down time and increase machine speed. Focus maintenance and operator PM tasks on increased machine reliability
- Problem solve and address operational troubleshooting questions as they arise. Be a driver for additional resources as they are needed on the corrugators (OEM technicians, training opportunities, etc.)
- Hold people accountable for performance; work with under-performers on training assistance, or put them in documented performance improvement plans and/or disciplinary programs as necessary. Lead the training efforts for advancing the skills on the corrugator using the KapStone Learning System
- Achieve desired results in Quality by leading process reliability efforts to ensure lowest cost, best quality with high return on assets.
- Support effective labor utilization and efficiencies through participating in the process of employee scheduling, appropriate use of overtime and advancement training.
- Minimize waste within the department by driving awareness, training and accountability using best practices and data-based decision making.
- Support Culture and maintain a strong focus on Housekeeping. Set a high standard for daily department housekeeping conditions.
- Coach and develop supervisors and hourly employees to maximize their effectiveness as well as their teams' effectiveness. Identify and develop high potential employees for levels of greater responsibility and scope.
- Ensure performance feedback is completed effectively and on a timely basis.
- Hold Supervisors and other subordinates accountable for continuous improvement initiatives in all areas.
- Team oriented and excellent interpersonal communication skills. Able to develop and give presentations to direct reports, peers, etc., on operational topics.
Our ideal candidate will have 5 to 8 years of experience. Hold an associates in management or engineer is preferred not required. Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Proven dependable and timely with assignments, tasks and responsibilities. History of excellent attendance is a must. Must be organized and show proven ability to reach planned goals and objectives. Prior management and leadership experience is desirable.
Corrugator Supervisor - RT
Corrugator Supervisor - RT
Anaheim, California 92825
Candidates must have experience working in the corrugated industry.
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities.
This is your opportunity to be part of a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. We are known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success.
We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The Front Line Leader Front Line Leader for the 2nd shift corrugator department is responsible for the supervision, directing, and leadership of one assigned shift of hourly employees in safety, quality, productivity, and engagement to ensure goals are met. This position reports into the facility Production Improvement Manager.
The Corrugator Supervisor is responsible for safety training, accident investigation, managing work schedules, one to one counseling, and coaching employees to accomplish team goals and corrective actions to address problems.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
3+ years in a supervisory capacity required.
Experience in the corrugated or converting industry is preferred, but not required.
Demonstrated competence to work:
With minimum supervision
Effectively with all levels in workforce
Building effective teams to support continuous improvement
Consistent track record for getting business results
Building Effective Teams
Timely Decision Making
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1.Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
2.3+ years in a supervisory capacity required.
3.Experience in the corrugated or converting industry is preferred, but not required.
4.What is your current salary?
5.What is your expected Salary?
6.Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?
Corrugator Superintendent - Deer Park, NY 140 West Industry Court Deer Park, New York, 11729 United States Deer Park, NY – Corrugated Packaging Division
Corrugator Superintendent – Deer Park, NY WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Career Opportunity: Are you ready to make your next move to a Corrugator Superintendent role for your career advancement? If so, WestRock’s Deer Park, NY plant is looking for you!
This position will lead multiple corrugator shifts, including shift supervisors and employees to meet the safety, quality, production, and all other key performance indicators of a fast-paced work team. The Superintendent will also coordinate production operations and maintain effective quality procedures and safety regulations. This is a growth position that can lead to various upper management positions.
How You Will Impact WestRock:
Manage the day-to-day operations of the shift with constant emphasis on safety, quality, delivery and cost + Work closely with team members to provide a safe work environment + Make recommendations to improve safety, environmental and health of the entire facility + Enforce plant safety regulations and housekeeping practices and encourage employees to become safety conscious + Build effective relationships with all internal departments to produce a superior product + Control load factors and workflow to ensure maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools, and equipment + Maintain department shop floor metrics, visual controls, and continuous improvement methods to the manufacturing floor + Coordinate maintenance work customer and manufacturing needs + Maintain effective departmental quality procedures + Coach and counsel team members to perform to company's standards + Ensure that on a daily basis all company standards and customer commitments (i.e.: safety, quality, production, on-time delivery) are followed within the plant + Supervise employees to accomplish safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency goals
Management of manufacturing employees to include performance reviews and discipline
What You Need to Succeed: + 5\
- years’ experience supervisory role in a paper manufacturing environment· + Experience in all functional areas of corrugated manufacturing + Effective process management skills + Excellent communication skills + Proven ability to manage strategic plans and capital investments + High School Diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence + Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities + An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential + A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work. #NY *CBWRK #GD WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. Corrugator Superintendent
New York-Deer Park
Corrugator Supervisor - Rogers, AR Career Opportunity Currently hiring at the Rogers, AR location for the position of Corrugator Supervisor. The Corrugator Supervisor is responsible for supervising employees to meet the manufacturing and production schedules.
Coordinate production operations and maintain effective quality procedures and safety regulations. Responsible for all routing functions on the plant floor during an assigned shift. How You Will Impact Enforce plant safety regulations and housekeeping practices and encourage employees to become safety conscious Maintain an effective, on-going safety plan Supervise employees on the manufacturing floor for an assigned shift Build effective relationships with all internal departments to produce a superior product Control load factors and workflow to ensure maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools, and equipment. Coordinate maintenance work customer and manufacturing needs Monitor all control procedures Maintain effective departmental quality procedures Coach and counsel team members to perform to company's standards Alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions First point of contact for all hourly employee concerns Ensure that on a daily basis all company standards and customer commitments (ie: safety, quality, production, on-time delivery) are followed within the plant Supervise employees to accomplish safety, quality, productivity and efficiency goals Prepare and submit reports as required What You Need to Succeed 2 years experience supervisory role in a manufacturing environment Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift including periodic Saturday production runs Corrugator experience desired Other relevant manufacturing experience a plus Effective process management skills Excellent communication skills High School Diploma or equivalent Must be willing to work any shift
Corrugated Industry Machine Operator
We are seeking a Corrugated Industry Machine Operator to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- Previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Forklift Operator (Experienced) - 2Nd Shift
- Forklift Driver locates and transports corrugated stock to and from the converting machines, and to and from truck to load and unload.
- Following all safety rules and practices;
- Read factory work orders, converting schedules, and other documents to learn customer requirements;
- Locating and conveying stock from in-process storage areas to the converting machines;
- Bringing other than corrugator start-up stacks to the machines to start runs;
- Obtaining the machine operator's direction for orienting / turning stock;
- Maintaining organized in-process inventories;
- Communicating line-ups to other shifts;
- Work with shipping associates to obtain stock from sheet and/or finished goods storage areas as needed for converting operations;
- Convey nonessential stock to alternate storage areas as needed;
- keep the supervisor informed of any problems and/or unusual situations;
- maintain work areas to plant standards of housekeeping;
- Maintain teamwork with converting machine crews and other associates;
- Follow prescribed practices in all circumstances; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Some college preferred
- This position requires possession of a valid forklift operator license/certification, and 3-5 years previous experience in an industrial environment.
- Regular work schedule will be Monday thru Thursday, 4pm- 2am or 2pm- 12am
Premier offers a competitive wage, complete benefit package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, as well as a company sponsored 401k retirement program.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!