Corset Fitter Job Description Sample
Welder / Fitter
Primary Purpose of this Position:
Weld steel parts for structural, plate, and misc. steel assemblies per shop drawings and DWS quality requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify steel shapes, sizes, and mill tolerances.
- Weld together structural, plate or miscellaneous steel fabrication according to the weld symbols, weld procedures, dimensions shown on the shop drawings, and AISC code requirements.
- Preheat and/or cut work pieces using a hand torch when required. Clean welds of excess weld, splatter or slag using chipping hammers, wire brushes or grinders.
- Fabricate sub-pieces of the overall assembly as trained and instructed.
- Identify shop drawing errors and discrepancies before or during early stages of fabrication.
- Operate forklifts, jib cranes, and overhead cranes in order to move materials.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
- Attend all meetings as required by management.
- Consistently and reliably works scheduled hours at assigned locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read,write, and perform higher arithmetic computations involving addition,subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
- Ability to understand and carry out semi-complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and managers.
- Ability to work under periodic supervision focused on the progress of work and setting priorities for job completion.
- Skill in using tape measure or 1” rule.
- Ability to maintain American Welding Society certification on 1-inch plate in flat position using the gas metal arc welding and flux cored arc welding processes.
- Ability to pass the fillet weld break test using the gas metal arc welding process.
- Ability to pass a Drake Williams Steel administered basic welding test that covers shop drawing interpretation, weld symbols, welding processes, weld process symbol interpretation and application and a visual acuity test.
- Ability to pass a Drake-Williams Steel administered fitting test that covers shop drawing interpretation, fractional number calculations, basic geometry, etc.
- Ability to interpret, understand, and utilize cutting lists, shop orders, and shop drawings.
- Ability to operate a cutting torch to meet American Welding Society specifications.
- Ability to possess pride in own workmanship, demonstrate attention to detail, and work safely.
- Ability to operate forklifts, jib hoists, and overhead cranes in a safe and proper manner. Use and understand industry and Drake- Williams Steel adopted hand signals used for crane operations.
- Ability to make adjustments to welder to insure proper feed rate and temperature.
- Ability to multitask.
- Stand CONTINUOUSLY over the course of the 8 to 12 hour work shift.
- Walk CONTINUOUSLY over the course of the 8 to 12 hour work shift. The distances walked will range from a distance of a few feet to 60-foot length of a steel beam.
- Sit only during the break and lunch periods. Rarely one will be ableto sit while welding.
- Lift weights up to 20 pounds from floor to chest CONTINUOUSLY, which includes the various tools utilized in the process of performing the usual work duties.
- Lift weights up to 35 pounds from floor to waist FREQUENTLY, during the 10 to 12 during the work shift.
- Lift weights up to 85 pounds from floor to waist OCCASIONALLY, during the 10 to 12 during the work shift. Jib cranes and overhead cranes are available for the employee’s assistance with lifting.
- Carry weights noted above distances ranging from a few feet to the 60-feet length of the steel beam.
- Push and pull drawers open and closed OCCASIONALLY to FREQUENTLY to retrieve tools. Employee will OCCASIONALLY push a beam attached to a jib crane or overhead crane to properly guide into place. Force varies up to 35 pounds.
- Climb OCCASIONALLY onto beams stacked on saw horses to guide into place. Employee will OCCASIONALLY climb a ladder of 6 to 10 feet while performing job duties.
- Stoop or crouch on an OCCASIONAL to FREQUENT basis while performing the regular job duties. The position will be held continuously for a few seconds to 15 minutes,depending upon the job.
- Kneel in the commission of job duties on an OCCASIONAL to FREQUENT basis, depending upon the job. The position will be held continuously for afew minutes to 15 minutes.
- Crawl RARELY under a beam to reach the opposite side. The distance crawl less than 3 feet.
- Reach forward CONTINUOUSLY to perform job duties or to retrieve tools. The employee will OCCASIONALLY be required to reach to full forward extension.
- Reach overhead OCCASIONALLY to guide a beam attached to the cranes and to attach the chains from the crane to the beams or to weld while underneath the beam.
- Balance OCCASIONALLY to climb ladders and to walk on steel beams. Employee will not be working at unprotected heights.
- Gross finger dexterity skills to operate the various tools and equipment utilized in the course of standard job duties. A trigger squeeze motion is required to operate the grinders. Fine finger dexterity is not required.
Non-Material Handling Demands
- Employee is expected to work 40 hours a week. However, hours including overtime and weekends may be required based on Drake-Williams Steel’s needs.
- Hear sufficiently to be aware of safety issues.
- Visual ability to read and interpret cut lists and shop drawings. Safety glasses are required in the shop area.
- Exposure to heat, cold, wet and humid conditions in the shop area OCCASIONALLY.
- Exposure to fumes, odors and dusts in the shop area OCCASIONALLY.
- Exposure to solvents, greases, oils, and coolants OCCASIONALLY.
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment. PPE includes steel-toe safety shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses,gloves, and hard hats.
Square,Tape Measure, Weld Lead, 4 inch grinder, 9 inch grinder, Ball Peen Hammer,Sledge Hammer, Hand Torch, Wire Brushes, Chipping Hammers, Clamps, Stamping Taps, and Chains.
Welder,Overhead Crane, Jib Crane, Pallets, Saw Horses, and Forklifts.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of six months of experience working as a welder fora steel fabricator or manufacturer, or a one-year degree or certificate inwelding technology from a qualified trade school or college.
Plumbing Installer / Plumbing Technician / Pipe Fitter
We are actively interviewing for Plumbing Installer / Plumbing Technician / Pipe Fitter
Do you feel unappreciated in your current position?
Do you have what it takes to be a leader ?
Do you want more out of your career than a job?
Then you have come to the right place!!
5 YEAR MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
Must be proficient in all facets of Plumbing.
WORK IN SUFFOLK AND NASSAU COUNTY
*FULL TIME + O.T.
*401(K) PLAN AVAILABLE
*COMPANY VEHICLE AND PHONE
*MUST HAVE VALID LICENSE
*PAID HOLIDAYS AND VACATION/SICK DAYS
*ROOM FOR GROWTH
*GREAT COMPANY ATMOSPHERE
American StaffCorp is currently hiring Structural Fitters for local company!
Shifts currently available are:
WEEKEND NIGHTS - 5pm-5:30am- FRIDAY-SUNDAY
WEEKEND DAYS - 5am-5:30pm- FRIDAY-SUNDAY
WEEKDAY NIGHTS - 5pm-5am- MONDAY-THURSDAY
$21.83/HR + .50 shift differential starting pay.
1St Class Ship Fitter
1st Class SHIP FITTERS you are needed to support jobs aboard in Norfolk.
1st Class Ship fitters must :
• PASS FILLET WELD TEST ON STICK AND FLUX CORE.
• HAVE OSHA, FIREWATCH, VSRA, WAF, FIT TEST and AUDIOMETRIC TESTING
• START DATE ASAP....
• START TIME: 6AM, 8 HOURS SHIFT MINIMUM
Five (5) or more years as a marine, commercial nuclear, or petro/chem First Class Pipefitter.
• Required Experience /
• 1. Able to read and interpret ship piping drawings.
• 2. Experienced fitting carbon steel, CRES, and copper nickel piping.
• 3. Ability to end prep piping by hand and/or with Wach or Portsmouth Machine. 4. Knowledge in installing pipe hangers.
• 5. Ability to read a ruler using inches and tenths.
• 6. Ability to prep and fit-up backing rings.
• 7. Ability to clean cut/break pipe with a grinder.
• 8. Ability to hand prep V bevels.
• 9. Experience in fabrication of various details and assemblies from drawings.
• 10. Ability to bend pipe from template and in the use of a hand bender.
• 11. Ability to fit welded sockets.
• 12. Ability to fit brazed joints with/without insert ring.
Welder / Fitter - Senior Level
Due to an influx of new business, we are in need of skilled, senior welder / fitters. In addition to being a skilled welder, this senior level role is responsible for accurate interpretation and communication of the instructions and prints resulting in effective organization of the project. This role focuses on large scale heavy weld projects.
This is a critical role and we are looking for solid talent with specialized skill. Pay is based on your talents and starts at $19.68. Full benefits to include 10 paid holidays, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k and more.
We will only reach out to those meeting the necessary qualifications and you will be asked to complete an electronic application within our system.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (May include some or all of the following responsibilities)
- Organize, prioritize and communicate details regarding specific weld projects
- Complete welding projects to specifications as required using a high-level of welding skill
- Perform basic maintenance tasks such as changing wire, drive rolls, liner, break-aways, contact and refill flux, clean equipment, replace consumables and heat shields
- Operate overhead crane
- Record job and labor code information in time matrix
- Actively support all EHS and continuous improvement initiatives
- Perform other work as assigned
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of an accredited 2-year welder’s training program or equivalent desired. Will look at combination of classes and years of experience
- Minimum of 3+ years in equivalent role of welder/fitter
- Knowledge of materials, production processes, quality, raw materials and other techniques, methods and tools involved in the process of fabricating steel support structures.
- Must be able to operate overhead cranes due to the size of these projects!
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- Robust ability to read and interpret welding instructions, blueprints and structural drawings
- Full understanding of weld symbols and prioritizing steps to completion
- Knowledge of back gouging power sources and auto gouging equipment, including proper set up, adjusting parameter, replacing consumable parts, setting up for different size arc rods and aligning to the section.
- Knowledge of weld procedure sheet, including an understanding of the significance and applicability.
- Understanding of weld map, weld data sheets, back gouge parameter chart and have extensive blue print reading skills. Ability to efficiently and independently use 02/fuel hand torch, belch torch, flat tape, ruler, hand grinder, hard-stone and wire wheel, sanding pad, cut-off wheel, hand scraper, welding pliers, fillet weld gauge to perform all tasks associated with position.
- Able to locate and reference all work instructions pertaining to current job or project.
- Skilled in fitting/tacking/welding
- Ability to set parameters, change wire, gas and liner on MIG welder.
- Sense of urgency and accountability.
- Forklift and overhead crane certified.
Steel Fabricator / Fitter / Welder
We are a Expanding Steel fabrication shop in St. Louis city and have been in business since 1984. We are in our new facility and looking to put a quality team of individuals together. We have a opening for a Experienced Steel Fabricator/Fitter. We are looking for a talented, self-motivated, hard-working and smart individual that will be an asset to our team. We make Structural steel and Miscellaneous metal fabrications. We offer competitive wages and benefits.
- You must have a minimum of 2+ years Fabricating/ Fitting in a structural steel fabrication shop
- You must read blueprints and skillfully do layout/fit-up of some complex beams, columns, and
misc. steel fabrications from them
- You must be able to read a tape measure and add/subtract dimensions
- You will need to mig weld, use a cutting torch and various power tools
- This is a full-time position( 7 am-3:30 pm) with overtime when needed
Pay is $16- $24 ( based on experience) Open to negotiation
Fully Paid Medical Insurance
Email or fax(314-231-9575) Resume. Make sure it has information on how to get in contact with you.
Lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames, bridge parts, and pressure vessels, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements. Includes experimental welders who analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan welding operations where procedural information is unavailable.
Company located in Charlotte, NC. We are seeking individuals that want to apply existing skills and knowledge and learn new skills and techniques. Someone looking for long term employment and willing to invest in themselves to enhance their skills. We are looking for a "hands on", Knowledgeable Pipe fitter. If you are motivated and eager to join a well-established leader in this industry, please see if you have the following attributes:
. Proficient at installing all types of copper, Schedule 40 black iron, PVC piping materials use in HVAC systems.
. Proactive problem solving skills.
> Competitive salary(see heading for pay range) based upon your experience, qualifications, and track record.
> Bonuses based on the Companies profitability.
> A Company vehicle for company related business.
> Potential for advancement
> Accrued Paid vacation days .
> 5 Paid holidays after six months.
> Additional "Paid Days Off" after 2 years.
> An allowance to go toward your health insurance premium.
> Retirement plan eligibility after one year with matching company funds.
> Paid educational opportunities.
> Independent working environment while working with an Industry leader.
Preferred additional qualifications, but not required:
Fire Sprinkler Fitter
FIRE SPRINKLER FITTER - Wixom, MI
Vanguard Fire & Security Systems, Inc. a leader in fire protection is looking for an experienced Fire Sprinkler Fitter. Experience required. Very competitive wage and compensation package.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!