Cost Clerk Job Description Sample
DOD Cost Estimator / Cost Analyst (California)
TITLE: Cost Estimator (DoD project)
LOCATION: El Segundo California (ZIP 90245)
CLEARANCE: active Secret required
Seeking dedicated professionals with expertise in cost, statistical, economic and/or quantitative analysis to support Department of Defense (DOD) acquisition programs
This is an opportunity to hone your skills in DOD cost, schedule, and risk analysis.
Experience in ACE-IT, USCM & SEER and an active clearance is desired.
- Develop cost analysis products for DOD weapon system programs (aircraft, radar, and IT systems)
- Must possess the experience and technical capability to independently plan, organize, complete, and present professional program life cycle cost estimates (from initial investment through end of operational life)
- Analyze historical data and develop cost estimating relationships using regression analysis
- Interview functional specialists in support of estimate technical baseline development
- Develop risk distributions for cost driver variables
- Analyze program schedules and quantify schedule uncertainty
- Build complex spreadsheet-based program cost models used as decision analysis tools
- Apply statistics concepts to quantify probability of success for program budget and schedule plans
- Conduct business case analyses, trade studies and economic analyses
- Assist program managers in development and execution of contract strategies and program plans
- Must be a U.S. citizen who is "clearable" to a DoD Secret level
- Three to five years of experience in cost, statistical, economic and/or quantitative analysis related fields.
- Willingness to develop cost estimating methodologies, metrics and models in accordance with published DOD quality standards.
- 3-5 years of ACEIT experience (as well as USCM & SEER)
- candidates need to have at least 2-5 years of space and or ground systems that support/tracks space programs.
- Must have a BS/BA with 21 semester hours in quantitative analysis courses, plus three (3) semester hours of Calculus.
- Full MS WORD Resume
- required compensation
- Current contact information
INTERMEDIA GROUP, INC.
180 Varick Street
New York, NY 10014
Corporate Web Site: www.intermediagroup.com
OPEN JOB LIST:http://intermediagroup.com/jobs
MEP Cost Manager/Estimator
Current Vacancies MEP Cost Manager/Estimator New York City, United States
Job number: 04295
Job field: Cost Consultancy
Job posted: 16/06/19
Job status: 16/07/19
Job schedule: Full-time
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Four simple principles guide our behavior in our pursuit of a better way: Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, and to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
In North America, we offer a full suite of project and cost management services. We've grown from a small core team to a network of offices including New York, Chicago, Atlanta and Los Angeles.
As an ambitious business in the region, we pride ourselves on promoting from within as well as offering genuine opportunities for individual development, progress and recognition.
The opportunity to join a major international organization in a growing market is not only an exciting one, but a very real prospect with Mace.
MEP Cost Manager / Estimator
To support the project team with MEP commercial information relating to the works. Produce MEP cost and commercial information as required to control budgets, expenditure and payments to works package contractors.
To guide in the preparation of reports to maintain flow of commercial information.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
Establishing and maintaining relationships with the client and other key stakeholders.
Being accountable for MEP cost and commercial management on the project.
Ensuring service commitment to client is exceeded.
Assessing resources available on a regular basis and bring in additional support/specialist expertise where necessary.
Commercially managing MEP consultants, specialist fees, etc.
Ensuring profitability on packages and project.
Managing risk in areas of responsibility.
Being in agreement in accounts with QS's.
Advising and in agreement with clients on commercial effect of change.
Promoting knowledge sharing within and beyond own team.
Listening and clarifies to check understanding by using the most appropriate method, language, medium and style of communication for the situation and people involved.
Involving and facilitating others to generate and solve problems.
Interpreting complex written information.
Translating strategy into clear and meaningful objectives for self and employees.
Ensuring that delivery against plans and forecasts accurately.
Using project management techniques to deliver projects to plan and to budget.
Involving others and helps them adapt to new ways of working.
Addressing negative reactions to change.
Your Experience, Knowledge and Skills Need to Include:
Previous CM experience of working in a similar role.
Experience, knowledge and understanding of large, complex construction projects.
Experience of managing budgets and forecasting expenditure.
Knowledgeable of key project processes such as design principals and management, construction processes, procurement and tendering.
Expert knowledge of value engineering and value management.
Good understanding of mechanical and electrical systems.
Successful track record of managing clients, contractors and other stakeholders.
Experience of managing and motivating a team.
Sound knowledge of US health and safety regulations, contract law, environment and building regulations.
Sound knowledge of US legal framework, including health and safety regulations, contract law, environment and building regulations.
Experience of managing budgets and forecasting expenditure.
Strong knowledge of key project processes such as design principals and management, construction processes, procurement and tendering.
Good IT skills.
Strong time management and organizational skills.
Being an effective communicator, with excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
Ability to build and maintain key client relationships.
Ability to work in a pressurized environment.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills, using a flexible pragmatic approach.
Understanding of industry best practice.
Successful track record of managing clients, contractors and other stakeholders.
Ability to adjust quickly when priorities change and takes prompt corrective action when things go awry.
A relevant degree qualification.
Professional memberships of a relevant corporate/institution i.e. MRICS or RICS.
A recognized health and safety qualification.
"Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel."
Cost Accountant - #00007
Applications for this position must be submitted electronically through this website. Mailed, emailed, faxed, or hand delivered applications and résumés will not be accepted.
This position plays a vital role in maintaining the integrity of financial data for Virginia Correctional Enterprises, which is a manufacturing and service agency located in Chesterfield County, VA. The Cost Accountant monitors manufacturing activity, job cost review and cost of sales. Performs advanced-level responsibilities which include analyzing and evaluating financial data through the application and interpretation of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to ensure that inventory valuation and reporting are in accordance.
Prepares and analyzes departmental budgets. Conducts plant audits and procedure compliance audits. Oversees cycle count activity and physical inventories.
Oversees the internal record retention program to ensure compliance with state policies. Please Note: Newly hired, rehired, probationary, and non-probationary employees currently serving in state government are required to serve a new 12 month probationary period for all VCE positions.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Valid Driver's License.
Demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel. Considerable proficiency in a financial accounting position. Some cost accounting and budget preparation proficiency.
Some knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Considerable proficiency using SyteLine, Cardinal, or other ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) application. Some proficiency in analyzing complex manufacturing activities. Effective written and oral communication skills.
College education with emphasis on Accounting/Cost Accounting. Considerable proficiency in cost accounting or job costing.
Considerable proficiency in Excel spreadsheet design and maintenance. Considerable proficiency in managing annual physical inventory at multiple locations. Considerable experience in meeting deadlines under pressure and ability to research and problem solve. Considerable knowledge in planning and implementation.
All applicants are subject to a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen. The investigation may include: fingerprint checks (State Police, FBI); local agency checks; employment verification; verification of education (relevant to employment); credit checks; and other checks requested by the hiring authority.
Sr. Transaction Cost Analyst
Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore, London, Tokyo and Sydney. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $96 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad.
We are looking for a Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) and Modeling Consultant to join our Multi-Asset Class Strategies (MACS) team on a temporary basis. MACS focuses on all major global asset classes including, but not limited to Equities, Fixed Income, Currencies, Commodities and Options/Volatility. The successful candidate will provide valuable expertise on enhancing pre- and post-trade transaction cost analysis—and sophisticated modeling—across asset classes and instruments (particularly futures and FX forwards), as well as performance attribution.
- Help develop approaches to enhancing pre- and post-trade transaction costs modeling
- Help perform post-trade transaction cost analysis
- Help enhance after-costs portfolio performance attribution
- Collect, clean and transform large datasets
- Perform historical simulations
- Develop automated reports of research results
- Present research results in a clear and intuitive manner – visually, verbally and in a written form
- Minimum 3 years of execution-level quantitative investment experience with derivatives, in particular futures, FX forwards, and options
- Exceptionally strong programming experience, in particular in Python and SQL
- A PhD degree with an outstanding academic record in a technical field such as mathematics, statistics, science or engineering
- World-class analytical skills and the ability to clearly articulate the approach, process and results
- Creativity, enthusiasm, collegiality and the ability to excel in a self-starting environment
- Drive and humility to deliver on high value projects and roll up your sleeves attitude
Responsibilities & competencies
- Prepare project cost estimates based on drawings, specifications, and materials lists, which include architectural, structural, civil, piping, mechanical, and electrical work on new construction or alterations to existing structure.
- Identify labor, materials, equipment, and time requirements for study proposals, design phase and completed certified for construction documents.
- Compute costs by analyzing design effort, labor, materials, equipment, time required, tax, overhead, profit, bond, contingency, etc.
- Visit construction sites to ascertain the actual job conditions and relates that to the post project cost metrics.
- Proactively support the project team on initiatives to drive down cost and/or contingencies.
- Develop scopes of work based upon conceptual design guidance and devise methods of accomplishment to support the budget.
- Ensure timely completion of estimates.
- Support continuous improvement efforts to better the estimating process.
- Responsible for working and communicating with other divisions in a team atmosphere to keep stakeholders informed and projects on target with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of past projects from post project review of actual project cost metrics.
- Maintain current knowledge of construction industry pricing conditions.
- Develop and maintain costing trends with vendors and subcontractors.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results in a timely manner.
- 10 years of experience.
- BA or BS degree required.
- Must have experience competitively bidding and winning work in a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of estimating for government projects is a plus, but not required.
- Must be able to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications, in both 2D and 3D.
- Must be able to visualize projects with minimal sketches or renderings.
- Use of estimating software such as Timberline, RS Means, etc.
- Use of software for takeoff calculations, such as Sage, Blue Beam, etc.
- Understanding of project management and work breakdown structures a plus
Body Systems And Cost Component Engineer - 397
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
Outstanding opportunity to work as a Body Systems and Cost Component Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
* The Body Systems and Cost Components Engineer is responsible for establishing technical cost for assigned components throughout program life (establishing piece cost and tooling investment targets, negotiation support for new business placement and cost analysis for design changes.)
* Working from BOM, drawings and / or samples, the Body Systems and Cost Components Engineer must be able to develop technical costs for Body / Exterior components and systems using activity based costing methodologies.
* Bachelor Degree with Engineering concentration is preferred, Journeyman or candidate with High school diploma with 10+ years of relevant experience.
* 10+ years of experience with die processing or die design including Progressive, Transfer or Tandem experience.
* Experience with bottom-up costing of stampings and / or assemblies.
* 3 or more years of experience with design, manufacturing or procurement of BIW components.
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.
Senior Cost Accountant
Senior Cost Accountant
SALARY - SALARY
REG - REGULAR FULL TIME
Description and Requirements
Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful home!
Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry's broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Design, Build, Deliver:
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we can maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.
The Senior Cost Analyst will be responsible for financial reporting and analysis, as well as measuring the cost and benefits of strategic projects. This position will improve business decisions through a deep understanding of cost drivers, constraint management and correlative key performance indicators. The Senior Cost Analyst is a business partner to senior management in proactive cost reduction through root cause analysis
The Senior Cost Analyst will collect, organize and present to management, financial data used in decision making to lower costs and increase throughput. This position will form management teams to focus on process improvements and cost reductions.
Primary Job Functions for a Cost Accountant
1.Partner with senior management to identify cost improvements and hold partners accountable to meet savings targets. Advocate and communicate ROI opportunities to business partners.
2.Develop x-y initiatives with manufacturing operations team.
3.Develop and maintain processes to measure the costs and benefits of all savings projects in a fair and consistent manner.
4.Utilize knowledge of product information sheets and bills of material to form and support cross-functional margin improvement teams with the goal of generating cost savings. Lead improvement team meetings, follow up on action items and determine impact of cost saving plans.
5.Lead Cost Reduction and Process Improvement Teams. Take a proactive approach to identify cost saving initiatives related to product costing including materials, labor and overhead expenses. Take action to inform teams of financial alternatives and weigh alternatives of improvements with groups through discussion and cost information and identify long-term cost benefits.
Qualifications of a Senior Cost Accountant
1.Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance, Required
2.7 years' experience in Finance and/or Accounting, Required
3.Cost Accounting Experience
4.Strong knowledge of manufacturing costing and inventory control systems
5.Operational accounting performance measurements
6.Bills of Material, labor routings
7.MAPICS EPDM, MAPICS IFM, AS400 Query
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.
Sr. Financial Cost & Reporting Analyst
Hostess Brands LLC
Hostess Brands is a leading packaged food company focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh baked sweet goods in the United States. The brand's history dates back to 1919, when the Hostess CupCake was introduced to the public, followed by Twinkies® in 1930. Today, Hostess produces a variety of new and classic treats including Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Twinkies® and CupCakes.
Please see this link to research our company:
Hostess Brands LLC is seeking a Sr. Financial Cost & Reporting Analyst in our Kansas City, MO Headquarters location to join our headquarters organization.
The Sr. Financial Cost & Reporting Analyst is responsible for contribute to exceptional financial performance and growth by maintaining executive level scorecards and detailed level summaries of the what, why, and where are we going of operations and supply chain performance. Responsible for design and population of tools and reports that track Operations KPIs, and take existing reporting into business intelligence dashboard software for actionable insight.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree in addition to three to five years or more of experience in a Cost Accounting, Financial Reporting or related accounting/finance roles.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Operations Finance.
Travel requirements will be up to 10% annually.
Key Functions and Accountabilities: (Not an all-inclusive list)
Ownership of calculating, reporting, and explaining quarterly, monthly, and weekly Operations cost and KPIs
Direct communication with bakery leadership as a finance resource and problem solver to increase understanding of reports and financial awareness to support improvement actions
Define and ensure adherence to procedures for both manual and systematic flow of data into BI tools to support accuracy and consistency across all areas of reporting responsibility
Develop and maintain dashboard within BI tool for executive summary of Operations performance with interactive drill down capability
Establish reporting and insights to Procurement and distribution center operations, including merchandise kitting activities
Develop and maintain CAPEX scorecard highlighting status of key projects, return on deployed capital, and capital spend outlook. Take active role in capital justification.
Support forecasting and AOP process through partnership with Operations, Supply Chain, and Procurement leadership to create meaningful go-forward improvement targets with quantified benefits, and post-mortem delivery against targets
Manage large amounts of data and consolidate information into meaningful reporting
Maintain complete, organized, and accurate documentation for areas of responsibilities
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
Three or more year's of experience in a Cost Accounting, Financial Reporting or related accounting/finance roles.
Master's degree in related field preferred but not required
Five or more years of experience in a Cost Accounting, Financial Reporting or related accounting/finance roles.
One or more years of experience working with a manufacturing enterprise; food products industry is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proficient at using p.c. applications (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Experience in SAP and BI tools to develop meaningful reporting, Tableau experience preferred
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and communicate/present the story in a clear and concise manner to drive informed decisions
Self-starter and ability to work independently
Able to work effectively across functions and levels
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, and encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Financial Cost Analyst
The financial analyst will support operations at a large manufacturing site. As an integral part of operational success, this position will support budgeting, forecasting, monthly reporting & analysis, and cost analysis.
Essential Job Functions:
Assist is developing budgets & forecasts
Ensure accurate reporting of financial results and key performance indicators
Clearly document assumptions, findings and processes
Compile month-end reconciliations
Support audit requests from internal/external audit
Supports analysis of price/volume/mix
Ad-hoc analytical support on an as-needed basis
Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently
Assist in developing simple and effective tools for real time analysis of site spend, product margins, and inventory trends
Actively participate in process improvements
Analyze inventory and cost trends, present findings, and identify solutions
Support audit requests from internal / external audit
Research and compile findings for ad hoc requests from site and company leadership
Partner with site operation to execute and analyze business plan objectives
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required. CPA or CMA is preferred.
3+ years of experience in accounting or finance within a manufacturing environment.
Strong Excel skills are a must.
Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
Experience with a manufacturing ERP is preferred.
At Bic Graphic, we believe in fostering an authentic, respectful and transparent culture where our employees can flourish, be themselves and be respected for their individuality. This culture drives innovation and enhances the value of our company. It is essential in helping us attract and retain the most qualified talent, be more competitive, and ultimately creates greater business success by providing an inclusive environment.
Bic Graphic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Cost Analyst III
Cost Analyst III
Req #: 222373
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA US
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
CACI is seeking a Cost Analyst III to support our program in Ft. Belvoir, Va
What you'll Get to Do:
Prepares Program Office Estimates (PIE), Life Cycle Cost Estimates (LCCE), Cost Analysis Requirements Description (CARD), Independent Cost Estimates (ICE), Component Cost Analysis (CCA), Business Case Analysis (BCA), and Affordability Analysis and Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA).
Provide price analysis for proposal evaluations
Respond to what-if drills with cost-related impacts
Manage spend and obligation plans and generate funding request documents
Coordinate across multiple functional teams in support of funding actions, contract actions, acquisition requirements package (ARP) documentation, acquisition program baselines (APB), and overall acquisition plans
Participate in weekly product IPTs for planning
Provide status reporting to program leadership and higher levels
Coordinate activities with geographically dispersed stakeholders.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Active Secret Clearance
Knowledge of DoD acquisition and financial statutory, regulatory and policy requirements
Experience with the budget processes (e.g. budget cycles, terminology, fiscal law)
Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Strong time management and organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work as a strong, cooperative team member
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
Bachelor's degree in related field
15 years of related experience
What We Can Offer You:
We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success
US-Fort Belvoir-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!