Cost Clerk Job Description Sample
Job Description: We're looking for a driven, energetic, and motivated "go-getter" in search of a meaningful career in the world of Finance. Don't delay – jumpstart your career with Welbilt Incorporated today! This position will be responsible for day to day costing activities, including standard cost roll-up, material and labor variances analysis, inventory transaction monitoring, cycle count, PCO, account reconciliation, month end closing, as well as annual costing activities, including inventory count, standard cost set-up. Job Responsibilities
Set up standard cost for new items, review and approve PCO (product change order) for financial side, and maintain accuracy of costing BOM. Perform annual review for standard cost roll-up
Serve as a strategic partner to the business providing value added financial analysis
Monitor daily inventory transactions to ensure accuracy of standard costs.
Monitor cycle count process and transactions for completion percentage.
Prepare general ledger account reconciliations related to inventory account. Maintain Excess &Obsolete model and verify inventory items for write-off.
Month end closing to prepare and enter journal entries, prepare month end report, including Opex, PCTO & lean, and variances report.
Responsible for annual inventory count and variances analysis
Support other functions in finance team, such as maintaining transfer price
Other duties as assigned from time to time
Job Requirements Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance; with a minimum of five years of Accounting/Finance experience required.
Manufacturing background preferred with a heavy emphasis in cost accounting
Must have working knowledge of an ERP system. Should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software; Order processing systems and Manufacturing software (Microsoft Office, and QAD)
The successful candidate must possess good verbal and written communications skills and be able to function as part of multiple teams in a fast paced and multi-task-oriented environment. Must be highly organized and comfortable working with tight deadlines. Must be detail oriented.
This position will interact with internal contacts in Operations, Materials, Engineering, Purchasing, and Sales.
Welbilt is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace.
- Frymaster, in Shreveport, Louisiana- manufactures and markets a complete line of Frying, Combi Ovens, and Hot Holding foodservice equipment for restaurants, hotels and institutions. The facility in Shreveport is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Construction Cost Estimator
The primary effort of the Construction Cost Estimator will be developing cost estimations for major, mid-size, and minor construction projects from $15 M to less than $1 M in value.
- 5 years' cost estimating experience in all facets of project types (new construction, renovations, for commercial and/or government projects)
- WINSCALE and WINEX take-off software experience preferred
- SUCCESS estimating software experience preferred
- Project Cost Planning Guide (PCPG) estimating software for Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimate experience preferred
- Working knowledge of the GSA Public Buildings Service Pricing Desk Guide, 4th Edition, April 5, 2010 preferred
- Develop project estimates that can be Prospectus Leases, new construction that is not a Prospectus Lease (also referred to as a Lease Construct), build-out or “fit-out” of an existing commercial building to house a tenant or tenants, Post Occupancy type of lease, and new construction for a Federally-owned Building, and renovation/modernization of an existing Federally-owned building.
- Develop benchmark estimates of Shell and Tenant Improvement (TI) cost prior to issuance of the Occupancy Agreement (OA) and the Solicitation For Offers (SFO).
- Develop estimates of Shell and Tenant Improvement (TI) cost for the Occupancy Agreement (OA).
- Develop estimates of cost for Building Specialty Amortized Costs (BSAC) and A11.
- Develop estimates of TI cost at receipt of Offers.
- Develop estimates for change orders during the construction or ‘fit-out0 stage of the lease.
- Ensure estimates are in required formats:
- Detailed 16 Division Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) estimate format.
- UNIFORMAT estimate format.
- Simple (typically one or two CSI Divisions) in Microsoft Excel format.
- Tenant Improvement Cost Summary (TICS) estimate format.
- Maintain a level of accuracy in estimates of +/- 40% on ROM estimates and +/- 10% on estimates developed from completed design drawings.
- Participate in the negotiations between the GSA Project Manager and the Offerors and be the main advocate on cost issues representing the Government’s negotiation position.
- Prepare estimates on change orders during the design and construction phase.
Management Solutions, LLC (MSLLC) is a national award-winning management consulting firm that specializes in project execution, strategic consulting and change management. MSLLC has three primary divisions: government operations, construction management and healthcare strategies. MSLLC was also just selected as one of the Top Employers in the Greater Knoxville area.
MSLLC is highly committed to helping our clients manage and mitigate the risks associated with the uncertainties that accompany projects. We focus on providing technical knowledge, enhancing professional standards and developing innovative solutions that increase productivity and add business value for our clients.
MSLLC has offices in Knoxville, Tennessee and Washington, DC., and has performed work across the nation. MSLLC takes a rigorous approach to recruiting talent to our company that balances equal parts technical acumen and cultural fit. Our process ensures that we can provide the right professional, with the proper expertise, to each and every one of our clients.
As experts in the project management space, we believe effective project delivery should be the rule, not the exception. Far from being a one-size-fits-all solutions provider, we provide right-sized project management support, tailored to best fit the needs of our clients. With a results-driven focus, we listen to our clients and work to help them meet their specific project, program and organizational goals.
We began in construction, but today our professionals partner with a broad mix of government, healthcare, construction management and commercial clients across the country with the expertise needed to deliver successful projects from start to finish.
Founded in 1943, Marotta Controls is a fully integrated solutions provider which designs, develops, qualifies and manufactures innovative systems and sub-systems for the aerospace and defense sectors. Our portfolio includes pressure, power, motion, fluid, and electronic controls for weapon systems, shipboard and sub-sea applications, satellites, launch vehicles, and aircraft systems. With over 200 patents, Marotta continues to build on its legacy as a highly respected, family-owned small business based in the state of New Jersey.
We take our work seriously and deliver on our promise to develop best in class technology backed up by superior quality and world-class service. Our teams have repeatedly been recognized for outstanding performance by some of the most prestigious organizations in the world. Honors include: Outstanding Small Business Supplier
Lockheed Martin; Small Business Supplier of the Year – Lockheed Martin; Platinum Source Supplier
Northrop Grumman; Special Recognition for Outstanding Execution – The Boeing Company; Supplier of the Year Nomination – The Boeing Company; Regional Small Business of the Year
US Small Business Administration; George M. Low Award for Quality and Excellence – NASA.
Demonstrated Corporate Competencies
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Minimum of 2 years of Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is required
Experience with long term contract accounting is preferred
Strong verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as any and all outside agents
Highly computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc., to include strong Excel skills
Strong verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as any and all outside agents
Identify and ensure for adequate controls and reporting of inventory, gross margin reporting, absorption, excess and obsolete material costs and reserves, scrapped material, warranty reserves.
Maintain and report accurate program margin analysis on a monthly basis.
Participate in the month end close process, preparing journal entries related to inventory, cost of sales, operating adjustments and program cost reviews.
Ensure inventory cycle counts are completed timely and accurately.
Provide ongoing monitoring of inventory levels and accuracy of obsolete inventory reserves
Collect and analyze data to determine costs of manufacturing activities in inventory, labor and overhead are accurate
Additional Duties / Responsibilities:
Bring initiatives and activities to closure in a timely manner through effective interaction with individuals, both internal and external to the Marotta organization (as required).
Abide by all safety, quality, housekeeping and company policies/procedures to ensure compliance to various regulatory and internal system requirements
Contribute to a positive and cooperative work environment through effective communication at all levels internal and external to the organization
Actively participate in team meetings, improvement initiatives/programs, etc. to provide constructive recommendations and initiate actions to support company initiatives/goals
Consistently demonstrate commitment to company values
Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems
Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
Ensure that work area and work areas of direct reports are clean, secure, and well maintained
Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
This job interacts both in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/machine shop environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as environments inclusive of the appropriate eye, hearing and foot protection (as required).
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are 8 hours, Monday through Friday. Overtime and weekend work are required, as job duties demand.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear.
The employee is frequently required to reach and lift with hands and arms, and to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
The employee is regularly required to stand at length when necessary, sit, walk, bend, turn, etc., and move about the facility.
The employee may be required to lift, push, pull and/or move items weighing up to 20 pounds
We offer a highly competitive compensation package for this outstanding position plus a quarterly bonus along with a full range of top quality benefits and employee services including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability income insurance programs, 401k retirement plans with company match, generous tuition aid program, paid vacation, sick and personal days, 11 holidays, summer hours, on-site credit union and ATM, and much more. We recognize and reward our employee's accomplishments.
Please visit our website at www.marotta.com to learn more about us and to apply on line via our Career portal or apply here now. This position is at our Montville, NJ corporate offices location.
Many of our contracts require proof that you are a U.S. citizen and/or that an export license has been obtained for employees who are citizens of certain countries. Your employment, both initially and continually thereafter, is conditioned on production of such proof of citizenship and/or any export license that may be required to comply with any and all applicable laws, regulations, or executive orders, or required by Federal, State, or local government contracts.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer M/F/IWD/Veterans
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
No agencies, please
Program Cost Analyst Iii/ Senior Program Cost Analyst
BIW is hiring for one open position that will be filled as either a Program Cost Analyst III or Senior Program Cost Analyst based on skills and experience. The Program Cost Analyst III / Senior Program Cost Analyst is responsible for maintaining and reporting on the financial and contractual health of BIW contracts. This includes applying project management principles to assigned projects, as well as day to day maintenance of our cost systems and data reporting platforms. The basic core job functions are listed (but are not limited to) below:
Maintaining and analyzing Cost Performance Reports (CPR) by providing timely accurate packaging of EVM data into the CPR submittal.
Collaborate with Control Account Managers (CAMs) in evaluating and understanding variances.
Establish & maintain contract budget baselines
Implement & update Program Estimates at Complete
Compile & monitor Program performance metrics
Ensuring the incorporation of contractual/internal change in accordance Earned Value System Description.
Support Program Office and all functional areas within Program.
Manage & maintain the BIW Cost System for the program/contract
Load monthly Material Commitments
Responsible for internal & external performance reporting
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Technical/Engineering or a related field required
Strong critical analysis skills and business acumen
Ability to frame up issues, options and solutions for business decision-making
Demonstrated critical and strategic thinking skills
Ability to work at different levels of detail and concisely summarize complex issues; comfortable with ambiguous task assignments
Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Access and Excel skills required to manage & manipulate data/information
Earned Value Management experience a plus
Experience with Deltek (Cobra/Open Plan) & SAP also a plus
2-3 years of relevant business experience preferred for Program Analyst III
5+ years of relevant business experience preferred for Senior Program Cost Analyst
Prior experience in Government Contracting; Program Controls/Finance; Cost Accounting preferred
Good project management skills including prioritization of multiple tasks and deliverables
Ability and drive to work independently and within a dynamic team environment
Ability to build strong relationships across the BIW organization is critical
Strong organizational and time management skills
Highly motivated person with proven analytical skills
Adept at prioritizing and managing to deadlines
Food And Beverage Cost Controller – Starr Catering
The Food and Beverage Cost Controller is responsible for supporting the Leadership teams of assigned operating units in maximizing profitability and meeting Prime Cost Objectives, including Food and Beverage COGS, Labor and EBITDA. The Food and Beverage cost controller monitors cost performance on a daily basis and provides the necessary data to the operational management to ensure compliance with company cost and profitability targets. The Food and Beverage cost controller accepts and retains full accountability for data accuracy and partners with unit operational leaders to ensure continuous improvement in business financial performance.
Provides the reporting and tracking required to ensures business performance against company financial metrics, including the ongoing analysis Food and Beverage COGS, labor & profitability. Produces daily, weekly and monthly reports to ensure the accurate monitoring of unit performance so unit management can take appropriate corrective action.
Supports the costing of unit food and beverage menus while overseeing menu entry and accuracy in the POS system.
Monitors the inventory process, including the ongoing maintenance of product par levels and order guides, and conducts periodic audits for inventory accuracy and integrity. Ensures sound inventory and product management practices in all assigned units.
Monitor weekly labor performance, including overtime spend, and labor forecasts. Partners with operational leaders to reduce labor spend and ensure compliance with labor budgets.
Ensures the security of company assets, including cash and inventory. Periodically audits the safe for cash accuracy. Ensures the ongoing maintenance and performance of the company's assets. Monitors and ensures that all food and beverage preparation areas and employees maintain the highest standards of public health, sanitation and safety. Ensures proper food handling and safety procedures are in effect at all times.
Manages the loss prevention process for assigned units, including monitoring comps, voids, promos and cash over/short. Regularly audits tip reporting and payroll for accuracy and integrity.
Provides unit level AP expertise; ensures the accurate and timely coding and entry of all invoices into the AP systems. Assists in monitoring spend and ensuring compliance with company spend limits.
Establishes and implements Standards and Procedures to ensure the clear understanding and accountability of unit operators for operational standards.
Provides support for new unit opening as required, including new unit opening expense management
Provides tactical guidance and support to operating team to ensure the achievement of EBITDA targets for the unit. Partners with unit management teams in providing on site operational support and oversite to ensure the achievement of cost performance metric. Supports business unit level planning and execution.
Maintains a positive presence throughout the organization, including serving as an ambassador and role model of the SCG/Elior NA vision and standards. Facilitates a culture of commitment to the SCG vision of creating value through service.
Provides management training on administrative responsibilities, point of sales system responsibilities and reporting responsibilities. Ensures the accurate set up of unit's POS systems.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Minimum 5 years hospitality operations management experience, preferably in a high volume, upscale catering, restaurant, hotel or resort environment.
Superior leadership, management and analytical skills with a proven ability to deliver superior operational performance.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality management, business or related field Highly Preferred.
Controller, Cost Accountant (Cpa Product Developer)
- YOU MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO DALLAS, TX AREA*
Salary: 80-100k contingent upon experience
UWorld is seeking a CPA Content Developer to help spearhead our entry into the Uniform CPA Examination test prep market. The CPA Content Developer will work on-site with the content team and collaborate with the web development team, editors, and illustrators to produce high-quality content for our CPA question bank. In this ground-floor opportunity, candidates will be actively involved in the product life cyclefrom planning and development to completion and maintenance.
The ideal candidate has an unending passion for education and will use practical experience to develop an exceptional product to educate tomorrow's CPAs via our innovative and interactive online platform. Candidates will partner with some of the brightest minds in education and become a part of UWorld's success story.
If you are looking for a company that is passionate about accounting education and provides growth opportunity with a healthy work/life balance, UWorld is the place for you.
Minimum Education Required:
Master's in accounting or MBA preferred
Undergraduate/graduate GPA of 3.6 or higher preferred
Minimum Experience Required:
Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a CPA or in academic setting
Proven ability to write high-quality CPA exam questions and rationales preferred
CPA certification required
Strong understanding of the Uniform CPA Examination blueprint in relation to the following topic areas: Auditing and Attestation (AUD), Business Environment and Concepts (BEC), Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR), and Regulation (REG).
Ability to think strategically, analytically, and collaboratively
Deep understanding of accounting and how to teach and write in-depth CPA concepts
Solid organizational, prioritization, and motivation skills to successfully meet deadlines
Excellent interpersonal skills
Willingness to relocate to the Dallas/Fort Worth area
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
New content production (80%)
Plays a key role in project development, planning, and execution for UWorld Uniform CPA Examination question bank
Creates content for testing materials for CPA question bank and participates in product development
Applies knowledge that reflects the CPA blueprint and standardized exam practices for generation of question bank items
Validates accuracy and relevance of content generated by CPA product team
Works with other content experts to identify topics for new product development
Content revision and quality control (15%)
Works closely with editing and illustration teams to create exceptional content that adheres to UWorld standards
Responds quickly to user feedback and makes necessary edits to question bank content
Works collaboratively with team members to provide and receive feedback tactfully
Demonstrates accountability and responsibility by independently completing projects/assignments on time, holding self and others accountable for meeting objectives and adhering to standards
Pursues opportunities for personal growth and development through meetings and educational programs.
Compensation and benefits
Paid time off (based on sliding scale according to hire date and work hours)
Generous paid holiday schedule that includes the entire week of Christmas off.
Comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental, life, disability)
401(k) plan for retirement with 4% employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment)
On-site group fitness classes & relaxed work environment
UWorld is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified persons. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, handicap or disability, or age in any of its policies, procedures, or practices in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (pertaining to race, color, and national origin), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (pertaining to handicap), and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 (pertaining to age). This non-discriminatory policy covers hiring and employment at the Company.
Cost And Price Analyst - Journeyman
Job Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Salary: Competitive, Depends on Qualifications
Clearance: Secret (must be current and active)
Travel: Up to 25% CONUS and potential OCONUS
To provide program management, business, acquisition and engineering support services to augment PEO C3T’s core Government personnel and turn-key solutions to support the missions of the PEO and its associated project managers (PMs) and customers. This support will be conducted in close coordination with project leads from the various PEO C3T program offices.
- Performs a wide variety of cost analysis assignments in support of the program Life Cycle Cost Estimates (LCCE) and Program Office Estimates (POE).
- Develop or evaluate cost assessments, cost positions relating to the systems development, demonstration and production approaches.
- Assesses impact on systems and program costs, including analyses of prototype systems.
- Works with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to develop Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE) that will stand up to Army and DoD level review.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in Accounting, Business Finance, Law, Contracts, Purchasing, Economics, Industrial Management, Marketing, Quantitative Methods, or Organization and Management preferred.
- A minimum of one (5) years of experience providing analysis for multiple large projects.
- Strong analytical ability required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, combined with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- MS office proficiency with advanced Excel Required.
- Four (4) additional years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor’s Degree requirement.
- Experience with Standard Operations and Maintenance Army Research and Development System (SOMARDS), General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS), Automated Time Attendance and Production System (ATAAPS), Defense Travel System (DTS).
About the company:
As a Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) we are a provider of Information Technology (IT) professional services, software solutions and professional development training. Our core competencies evolved from leveraging IT enablers for knowledge management with an emphasis on Web Based Knowledge Portals and Portal Services, Server/System Services, SharePoint Development and System Administration and SQL Server Services. Our capabilities have expanded to include software development, technical training support and field support services.
- Satisfy the customer - "Exceed expectations"
- Set the Example - "Be out front"
- Be Responsive - "Timing is everything"
- Persevere - "Find a way"
PTP offers a comprehensive benefits program:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits (Short Term Disability, Cancer & Accident).
- Employer-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employer-sponsored Long Term Disability
- Employer-sponsored Value Adds – Fresh Beanies
- 401(k)with matching
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 120 hours PTO accrual per year
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salary
Supervise others: No
Relocation Costs paid: Negotiable
At Sunair, our Mission is simple: To be the leading provider of sure and secure strategic communications solutions.
- Total Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Brand of Choice
- Effective Global Competitor
- Sustainable and Profitable Growth
- Technological Innovation
We are seeking an experienced and exceptional Cost Accountant with experience in Manufacturing and/or engineering experience!
What we do:
Sunair Electronics has been quietly serving the world of wireless communications since 1956. Sunair designs, manufactures and sells state of the art High Frequency (HF) communications systems and peripherals utilized for long range voice and data communications. Every hour of every day Sunair products proudly serve those around the world who protect us on the sea, under the sea, in the air and on the land. In the commercial world and the government / military world, Sunair has provided strategic communications application solutions in over a 100 countries across the planet, including those of the NATO community. Cost-conscious and quality-conscious, Sunair remains dedicated to the development, design and production of equipment that is as advanced as it is reliable. Sunair has more than 50 years of experience as a solutions provider. Sunair Electronics is a place where your passion, ideas and efforts can have an immediate and lasting impact. Sounds like a place for you?
As a Cost Accountant you are expected to:
Provide ongoing analysis of process constraints; target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. Construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to purchasing and management. Be proactive, anticipate needs, identify trends and communicate effectively with cross functional teams.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Identify Cost drivers and suggest Cost improvements.
- Develop labor and overhead rates, review material Costs for annual revisions.
- Review and analyze cost information to explain cost variances.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts and investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues.
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials.
- Perform accounting for inventory, fixed assets, and working progress (WIP)
- Provide manufacturing variance and trend analysis.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
- Work with the materials review board to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory.
- Calculate cost analysis and conduct ongoing process constraint analyses.
- Provide the following reports: breakeven points by products; work centers and factories; and margins by product.
- Provide reporting on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances and in addition to analyzing capital budgeting requests.
- Perform cost accumulation tasks and Month End Close Activities.
- Will be required to participate in Audits.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of Cost accounting experience: Required
- Manufacturing experience: Required
- Made to Manage (M2M) Preferred but not required (ERP System)
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to collaborate with a multi-department team.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- Proficiency with MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access).
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a team environment.
- Competitive and comprehensive compensation package which includes but is not limited to:
- Base salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits package of Medical, Gap, Dental, Vision, employee assistance program, and life insurance
- 401(k) program after one (1) year of service
- Generous paid time off program from first day of employment – Accrue 12 vacation and 6 sick days per year
- On sight gym offering a boot camp 5 times per week,
- Wellness Exercise Bonus available after a 90 day introductory period
- Brunch served the first Friday of every month
- Monthly birthday celebration and Pot Lucks every other month
- Plus many other fun and engaging employee activities throughout the year
Sunair Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sunair is committed to an anti-discrimination policy in all of its programs and services. Sunair is consciously and proactively inclusive of all areas of diversity including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sovereign tribal nations status, ancestry, gender identity and expression, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, social class, socioeconomic status, marital status, language, disability, or immigration status.
Project Cost Estimator
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals.
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. is seeking a Project Cost Estimator to join the team in Los Angeles, California. This position reports directly to the Project Director, and will serve clients in the education sector.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Prepares preliminary and final independent cost estimates of projects for comparison with designer or contractor for PM/CM to establish negotiating position
Prepares change orders estimates for Owner Authorized Representatives to establish negotiating position
Provides support in price negotiations
Prepares claim analyses and estimates
Prepares detailed estimates of construction costs based on drawings, specifications and sketches
Reviews contractor's claims and proposals for merit and accountability
Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in technical disciplines such as engineering, construction management, architecture, or equivalent technical area of study
7+ years full time paid professional experience in construction estimating of facilities or school construction
Extensive experience in developing and estimating the scope of work for change orders
Knowledge of current local construction labor and material costs
Ability to compare the independent cost estimate with contractor proposal to quickly identify difference
Ability to develop scope of work based on RFI/RFC answers and estimates the detailed costs of those scopes of work independent of the contractor proposal
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to represent Vanir and related entities in a professional manner at all times to ensure company policies and procedures as well as compliance to all applicable laws and regulations
How to Apply
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: email@example.com
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person's limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company's ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person's limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cost Analyst- Relocation To Atlanta
The initial role is a hybrid role between accounting and finance. Responsible for month-end close duties, including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, completion and maintenance of balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis of the P&L with explanation of variances, for a publicly-traded international manufacturing company. Our client is very acquisitive so duties will overlap in finance related capacity. Additional duties will include communicating with departmental leaders to support their needs and ad-hoc responsibilities in finance areas.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment. The individual should have demonstrated initiative, a positive, team-oriented outlook, enjoy working across functional boundaries, a high energy level, and a diligent work ethic. He/she must also have an interest in, or knowledge of, streamlining the accounting and reporting functions for improved efficiency as well as effectiveness of all processes for which they are involved. The ideal candidate will be an eager learner who is a natural skeptic; someone who enjoys challenging the status quo or complacency, and rather, enjoys reengineering new processes. Over time if this candidate is successful, opportunities for different or expanded responsibilities may exist in other global locations.
- Perform the month end close of division
- Co-run the close process with one other senior accounting analyst.
- Perform and maintains monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and analytics.
- Act as financial analyst for key departments.
- Assist with generation of financial reports, verifying the balances with budget, analyzing and supporting significant variances to forecast and trend. Report results, analytics and explanations to management
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial results to Senior Leadership.
- Assists in systems and spreadsheet automation to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting functions and processes.
Bachelors or Masters degree in accounting, CPA, CMA or on track for either preferred
Three to five years of experience
- Manufacturing background preferred
Strong analytical skills
- Experience in monthly financial statement preparation, analytics and audit exposure
- Demonstrated process improvements
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in the use of computer spreadsheets
Above all else, this person must have a strong desire to lead a business in 5 - 7 years. The future leaders program places candidates on a platform to be able to learn the business from a finance perspective as a whole. Future promotions will include geographies outside of the New England area.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!